Ben 10 Fan Fiction / Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical 2 ❯ Hiring th eTitans ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
The next day was very beautiful, too beautiful to stay indoors. So the Titans had a day out. A picnic lunch… football… A few movies…
 
Beast-Boy still had that rotten luck of sitting in a broken chair and spilling his popcorn on Raven's head.
 
Still, even Raven couldn't complain when the Titans hit the mall, and Copy-Cat got her a new set of Black-Candles, with soothing scents for meditation. “Do you… always have to buy me things like this?” she asked playfully.
 
Her boyfriend wrapped his arms round her, “Only because it is that you prompt me to.” he teased, and they shared a soft kiss.
 
 
At the food court, the Titans compared their purchases. Starfire sure bought a lot of things, particularly mustard, for herself to drink! “UGH…!” the others groaned.
 
“I find it rather delicious.” she stated. “I cannot help but how I feel…”
 
Cyborg made a bet with Beast-boy and Terra, “Hey… fifty-bucks says she hogs the bathroom tonight…?” Beast-Boy and Terra were in; they knew Starfire's nine stomachs gave her excellent bladder-control.
 
Beast-Boy's purchase was truly amazing. Ever since he had written that book, “The Incredible Beast” he just had to try and get it published, and it became a huge hit. “Uh-huh…” Raven said, “You bought a book that you yourself wrote, why?”
 
Beast-Boy shot her a straight, “Duh…! To cherish one of my finer accomplishments…”
 
Terra pecked her husband on the cheek. “I just can't stop reading it myself.”
 
Beast-Boy smiled at his wife, “Nice to have a Number-one fan.”
 
 
As the Titans headed home, they stopped at a red light just before the Murakami-School. Beast-Boy and Terra looked tensed as they drew in deep, shaky breaths. “Uh-oh… here we go again.” Cyborg muttered.
 
After all these few years since they graduated, and Beast-Boy and Terra were still traumatized by the experiences they had at that school, especially “Things Change.”
 
“Are you two okay…?” Robin asked.
 
Beast-Boy and Terra nodded, and held each other's hand tightly as their memories flashed by.
 
Terra was haunted by the way she tried to bush Beast-Boy out of her life
 
 
“Things Change, Beast-Boy. The girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
“Come with me…”
 
“You go… you're the Teen Titan. That's who you are. That's not me. I'm not a hero. I'm not out to save the world. I'm just a girl with a Geometry test next period and I haven't studied.”
 
 
This haunted Beast-Boy a lot too, but no as much as he remembered becoming Garfield Logan, Super-Brain, and went to the school motivated by rage, grief, and regret, and how badly he treated many of the students.
 
 
“Just that you talk like such a little kid…!”
 
“If you come to school, and you're not even prepared for a test, you're pathetic!”
 
“I don't need help… especially from a little kid!”
 
“Friends are just stupid… and a complete waste of my time.”
 
 
Cyborg decided to pull off the road, and let Beast-Boy and Terra ease up a bit. He felt really bad to see them like this. Haunted and upset by something that happened years ago. Even their being married, and making out who knew how many times, it just wasn't enough…!
 
Still, at least they knew it was over and the memories were all they had.
 
A while later, the school bell rang, and the students began to fill out, and suddenly, Beast-Boy and Terra caught the face of someone familiar. “Dude…!”
 
“No way…”
 
A middle-aged man caught a glimpse of them, “Ahh… Garfield and Terra Logan… We meet again.” Beast-Boy and Terra got out of the car, leaving the titans confused.
 
“Uh… do you know this guy?” Robin asked.
 
The man approached the couple and shook their hands. “Mr. Shepard, our old Principal.” Terra exclaimed. “Dude… we didn't know you were still here at Murakami-High.” added Beast-Boy.
 
“They won't let me quit. After all, I am irreplaceable.” said Shepard, “But I can't begin to tell you how glad I am you and your friends have strolled by, it makes things all the more convenient.”
 
The other Titans came out from the car, “You want to talk to us?” Robin asked.
 
Shepard nodded, “But not here…” and he slipped Beast-Boy and Terra coordinates for a secret meeting place. “Go to this place… we'll talk then.”
 
 
The Titans followed the instructions and met Shepard late after dark in a parking-lot building. “Okay, we're here…” Cyborg said. “Now what's this all about…?”
 
Shepard explained that during the past several weeks, “Several of my students have gone missing.” He said as he showed the Titans pictures from the school's current year-book. Most of the students were paired as couples, possibly boyfriends and girlfriends.
 
“That's it…?” Raven asked, “That's all you wanted to tell us…?”
 
Shepard shook his head, “There is more…”
 
We went on explaining that several of his teachers had gone missing as well, and haven't been seen or heard form since. “We have managed to locate many substitute teachers, temporarily, but the students are growing frightened, and our school-funding, and line of education is being threatened. As dedicated educator, I refuse to let my school, and my life's work be taken away.”
 
Copy-Cat could sense Shepard's thoughts, “I see…” he said, “You wish to hire us…?”
 
The Titans gazed at him, and then back at Shepard who admitted it was true. “If anyone I knew who could help us, it would be the two greatest students I ever had, and the Teen Titans.”
 
“Gee… I don't know.” Robin said.
 
Starfire was on Shepard's side though, “It may seem all so confusing, but we cannot turn our backs on those of the innocence who cry for our assistance.”
 
Everyone knew she was right, “But why would we have to go undercover at a school?” Raven asked, “We already know so much, and Beast-Boy and Terra already graduated. What would we have to learn?”
 
Shepard stopped her, “Oh, you won't be learning anything, my dear.” He said. The rest was pretty much easy for the Titans to understand. “You mean… you want us to become substitute teachers?” Terra asked.
 
Cyborg waved his arms, “Whoa, whoa… slown down.” he said “Us…? As teachers, in a high school, to about hundreds of teens who ain't no more than a few years younger than we are…?”
 
Beast-Boy began to think really hard, as if he had remembered something from long ago
 
Shepard explained, “I know all of you practically better than anyone else in the city, and with Garfield and Terra by your sides, I just know you can help us uncover this mysterious mess, and save the school, and the programs with it.”
 
Raven was already not up for it, “More baby-sitting for kids? I think I'll pass.”
 
“Yo' man… I love coachin' kids, but teenagers with academics…?” added Cyborg.
 
The others however didn't refuse, particularly Beast-Boy. “I say we do it…” he said. “That school may haunt me but it's still done a lot for me and Terra.”
 
Terra nodded, and they held each other's hand. Starfire and Robin were in too. “We're heroes.” Robin said, “We don't turn our backs down on anyone.”
 
Starfire nodded.
 
Copy-Cat was in too, “I have taught as much as I have learned.” he said, “My foresight may also be of great value on such a mission. I will go with you.”
 
Cyborg and Raven felt everyone then gaze at them, and Shepard assured them, “You won't be held against your will. You're free to refuse…”
 
Raven sighed, and decided to go for it. “Why do I think I'm going to regret this…?”
 
Cyborg didn't know but he was in too. Shepard was very grateful. “I will call you in the morning with more details. I want to get you started as soon as possible before things get worse.”
 
 
That night, the Titans had all gone to bed, as hey would have a very busy day tomorrow, preparing for their new jobs. Beast-Boy and Terra, who were sharing Terra's bed that night… they were still concerned if what they were doing was really smart.
 
“Do think we really should go back to Murakami…?” Terra asked for the umpteenth time. Beast-Boy had no clue either. As he had earlier said, while the school did help him and Terra get back together, it was still one of the banes of their existences that plagued them so…
 
“I'm scared too…” he admitted, “But you heard what Robin said. We have to do this. We have to help.”
 
Terra smiled, and snuggled into his arms. “Do you still think were ready for this…?”
 
Beast-Boy smiled at his wife, and cupped her chin in his hand, “I'm sure about one thing…” and he kissed her softly. Terra wrapped her arms round his neck and they fell into a deep embrace.
 
Terra began to remember a song she once played back in her thoughts when she and Beast-Boy started dating in school…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
Love…
It seems like only yesterday
You were just a child at play
Now you're all grown up inside of me
Oh, how fast those moments flee

Once we watched a lazy world go by
Now the days seem to fly
Life is brief, but when it's gone
Love goes on and on
 
You…
You've brought out all the best in me
You shown me happiness and glee.
Now there's only just light out there.
Oh, how my life seems to fare.
 
Once we watched a lazy world go by
Now the days seem to fly
Life is brief, but when it's gone
Love goes on and on
 
(Humming chorus)
 
Love will live
Love will last
Love goes on and on and on

Once we watched a lazy world go by
Now the days seem to fly
Life is brief, but when it's gone
Love goes on and on
 
Elsewhere, a dark figure in a hood and cape, almost identical to Raven's, stood atop on the roof of a large skyscraper. She didn't look as if she was up to any good. She didn't bother to run and leapt from other rooftops…
 
But she stuck out her arms and muttered the phrase, in a voice identical to Terra's; “Meta Uinix…!” and she actually was able to fly away, whoever she was… she was mysterious.
 
Author's notes:
 
In case you're all wonder…
 
Yes… That was Gwen.