Ben 10 Fan Fiction ❯ I just love you, Gwen ❯ It's not over ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned it, it would be less confusing and Bwen would be an established pairing, not the contradicting Gwevin pairing. Don't own the song either.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
“I can't believe Kevin finally asked me to marry him!” Gwen squealed as she tried on her sixteenth wedding dress. “I've waited so long for this! This wedding has to be perfect, right Mom, Aunt Sandra?”
“Of course dear. Once we pick out your dress, we should get started on invitations, right Sandra? Sandra? Is there something wrong?”
Sandra jumped when Gwen tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. “Sorry, I had something on my mind.” Gwen and her mom looked at her expectantly. “It's just that something is going on with Ben. Lately he's been acting strange, locking himself in his room, not talking to any of his friends, and he doesn't eat as much as he normally does. Did you know he broke up with Julie months ago?”
“What? I was never told. Why would he not tell me?” Gwen asked surprised.
“That's not all. We have tried to find out what is wrong, but he won't tell us. The most he has told us is that we wouldn't understand. When we ask why we wouldn't understand, he blew up and told us to trust him and that we would be disgusted if we knew the truth. I'm worried that he would do something he would regret. He's been sneaking out too. We've tried to follow him, but he always manages to give us the slip. He always thought very highly of you Gwen. I know you two had a fight recently, but could you talk to him? He keeps getting more and more distant as the time passes. Now, he doesn't even talk to his Grandpa.”
“Ben? Listen to me? Why would he? He doesn't trust my judgment. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had that fight at all!”
 
Flashback…..
 
“Gwen! Please, just hear me out! Kevin is bad news. You told me that long ago and I didn't believe you. Then he proved you right and I paid for it. Now you listen to me! Guys like him don't change overnight. Remember all the times he's tried to kill us? I don't trust him. He could be after the Omnitrix again. Or he could be using you to get close to me so he can kill me so I can't stop whatever he's plotting!”
“Ben, if that was his intention, why hasn't he done so already? Why has he helped us? We saved Earth with his help. If you can't trust him after all we've been through, then there is something wrong with you. The way I see it, you are just jealous that I'm spending more time with Kevin than with you!”
“Gwen I-”
“That's it, isn't it? You're jealous that I hang out with Kevin more than you. That's low, Ben. Even for you.”
Ben recoiled as if he had been slapped. His eyes were full of pain. “Gwen, you don't mean that, do you?”
“I meant every word, Benjamin.”
“Gwen, I just… I just don't want you to get hurt… that's all… I swear.” Ben said, looking down at the ground to avoid Gwen's eyes.
“Then don't talk to me. I don't want you to ruin everything, like you always do.” Gwen stormed off angrily.
“Gwen… If you really feel that way… I promise, I won't get in the way. I just want you to be happy… even if means cutting me out of your life.” Ben whispered to himself, tears sliding, unhindered, down his face.
 
Flashback over
 
“Please, Gwen. At least follow him to find out where he sneaks out to. I just want to know that he's not doing anything dangerous.”
“Fine. Just don't expect miracles. I'll tail him tonight to see where he goes.”
 
And that's how Gwen ended up in the dark, following Ben into the more “questionable” parts of town. He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and jeans. Where the hell is he going? Gwen thought, annoyed. Ben stopped in front of a building and went in after talking to a guy standing by the door. A karaoke bar? This is what has his mom so worried? Gwen cast a spell to disguise herself and walked up to the door.
“You here to see the guy that just went in? Your not the only one. That guy is really something. First time here and he brought nearly the entire audience to tears, myself included. That girl must have really been something to crush his spirit like she did. Half the women in there were ready to kill the bitch cold enough to break a guy like that. You can tell he loves with his whole heart and holds nothing back. Better get in there if you want to catch him,” the guy said, waving her by.
That was weird. Gwen thought as she walked in, just in time to see Ben walk up on stage.
“I want to dedicate this song to the girl who has, and forever will hold my heart. Despite everything, I'll always be there helping, even when she doesn't know. If nothing else, then just to ensure her happiness.” Ben cleared his throat and began.
 
I was blown away.
What could I say?
It all seemed to make sense.
You've taken away everything,
And I can't deal with that.
I try to see the good in life,
But good things in life are hard to find.
We'll blow it away, blow it away.
Can we make this something good?
Well, I'll try to do it right this time around.
 
Ben closed his eyes as he poured his heart and soul into the song. His pain, heartache, love, and most of all, regret.
 
Let's start over.
I'll try to do it right this time around.
It's not over.
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground.
This love is killing me,
But you're the only one.
It's not over.

Taken all I could take,
And I cannot wait.
We're wasting too much time
Being strong, holding on.
Can't let it bring us down.
My life with you means everything,
So I won't give up that easily.
I'll blow it away, blow it away.
Can we make this something good?
'Cause it's all misunderstood.
Well, I'll try to do it right this time around.

Gwen noticed a single tear rolling down his face.
 
Let's start over.
I'll try to do it right this time around.
It's not over.
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground.
This love is killing me,
But you're the only one.
It's not over.

We can't let this get away.
Let it out, let it out.
Don't get caught up in yourself.
Let it out.
More tears flowed down Ben's face.
 
Let's start over.
I'll try to do it right this time around.
It's not over.
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground.
This love is killing me,
But you're the only one.
It's not over.

Let's start over.
It's not over, yeah...
This love is killing me,
But you're the only one.
It's not over.
 
By the time he was done, Gwen couldn't take it anymore. She quickly left and made her way to her parents house. She closed the door and sat with her back to it, tears rolling down her face.
“Gwen! What's wrong? What happened?” Gwen's mom asked, her dad, aunt and uncle nodding in agreement.
“I was so cruel. I didn't even ask why he brought it up. Ben had his heart broken and didn't want the same to happen me. He was trying to protect me from his own experience of heartbreak. He was worried about me and I threw it in his face.” Gwen's tears increased in intensity. “I told him never to talk to me again, Mom! He looked so sad on that stage as he poured his heart into that song. He exposed his heart to total strangers because I wouldn't listen!”
“Why don't you start from the beginning, Gwen.” Max said, coming out of the kitchen. Gwen told then everything, beginning to end. By the time she was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
“Gwen, I want to thank you for all your help” Sandra said, wiping her eyes.
“My job's not over yet. I'm going to follow him again to try and find out more about the bitch cold enough to do this to Ben. It better not be anyone I know.” Gwen said anger evident in her eyes.
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
And…Cut! I hope I don't end up the only one who went teary-eyed in this Chapter.
Please tell me what you think. BWEN FOREVER! Song is “It's not over” by Chris Daughtry.
 
Till next Chapter…
 
Koji Ryuzaki