Ben 10 Fan Fiction ❯ I just love you, Gwen ❯ my december ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Phone: Ring Ring!
Man of Action: Hello, this is Man of action
Me: You're screwing up Ben 10! Did you know? Give me the rights and I'll fix it for you.
MOA: *hangs up*
Me:…Damn… Well, it was worth a try.
 
 
 
Last time, on “I just love you, Gwen….
“Gwen, I want to thank you for all your help” Sandra said, wiping her eyes.
“My job's not over yet. I'm going to follow him again to try and find out more about the bitch cold enough to do this to Ben. It better not be anyone I know.” Gwen said anger evident in her eyes.
 
 
“Hey, Julie! You got a moment?” Gwen called as she jogged up to Julie as she left the tennis courts. “I want to ask you a few things about Ben.”
“I see. You came to rub my face in it, didn't you? Haven't you done enough already?” Julie said angrily.
“Wha- What are you talking about? I just wanted to know why you two broke up. What did-” Gwen started to ask, but Julie cut her off.
“Don't try to act innocent with me! You know what I'm talk…ing…about…” Julie trailed off seeing Gwen's confused and slightly hurt look. “You… you really don't know, do you?”
“I just wanted to know why you broke up.” Gwen said.
“If Ben didn't tell you then who…of course…my parents. They weren't happy when Ben dumped me…not even sure if it could be called getting dumped. He gave me a choice…break up, or forever be doomed to being second best. Said it wasn't fair to me not to know…” Julie was talking more to herself than Gwen at this point. “Said there was someone else that he loved…Didn't feel it was fair to me that he would always be unconsciously comparing the two of us…”
“Wait! Ben was cheating on you?!” Gwen was livid. And I felt sorry for him!
“No! Ben would never cheat on anyone! If he could have cheated on me with this girl, he wouldn't have been with me in the first place! He told me that himself…in a roundabout way…he didn't want to hurt my feelings. He was trying to be honest with me…trust is vital to a relationship, and he said if ours was going any further, that there were some things I needed to know. He said it was better to tell me now, get slapped and told he was sick, than later and break my heart…He's a good guy…and I can't bring myself to hate or be disgusted with him. Take care of him, Gwen…” And with that, Julie brushed past Gwen as she left. As she did, Gwen swore she heard her mutter “I was really starting to hate your name…”
“That was…weird. Who is this girl? Ben…” Gwen looked in the direction Julie left in. “This is so confusing! Instead of answers, I get more questions!” Gwen took a deep breath to calm herself. “Okay, so it's not Julie…Kai maybe? Hmmm…” Gwen let her mind wonder over her strange talk with Julie as she sat down on a nearby bench. A small smile found its way to her lips as she closed her eyes and let her mind work. Ben has really matured since that summer. I never knew he could be so sweet. “he loves with his whole heart,” huh? I wish Kevin were more like Ben…
“Is this seat taken?” came a familiar voice.
“Ben!” Gwen yelped, her eyes snapping open. “Why are you here?”
“I can't take a walk in the middle of the day? Is there some new law that you found that I missed? Should I be scared?” Ben said, a slightly childish smile on his face.
“Doofus…” Gwen smirked. Ben smiled sadly. “What?”
“So many memories…Gwen, what happened to us? We used to be so close…Now, we never talk, never hang out, never even have our childish arguments. It's always “Kevin this, Kevin that”. You're a stranger to me now. The Gwen I knew, the Gwen I fought beside, the Gwen I argued with over trivial matters, the Gwen I loved, she's gone. In her place is a shadow of who Gwen was in my mind, and I want the real one back.”
“Ben-” Gwen started, but was cut off when, in one swift move, Ben captured her lips with his. For a moment, butterflies fluttered violently in her stomach, before he pulled away, tears streaming down his face.
“I'm sorry. I hope you'll forgive me. Just once, I wanted to be selfish and take a little of something I shouldn't.”
“Ben!” Gwen's eyes shot open as woke with a start. “Just a dream…why? Why would I dream something like that?” Gwen then realized how late it was. “Oh no! I'll miss him!” She said as she hurried off.
Gwen arrived about 10 minutes early. “Had to see him again?” The guy by the door, who was identified as Koji, smiled. “A lot of people have come back just to listen to him. The owner is thinking of paying him to come every night and sing. Kid's a natural when it comes to expressing himself.” Koji said as he waved her in.
Gwen had just ordered a drink when Ben showed up and walked on stage. “I would like to dedicate this song to that special girl, along with a bit of advice for all you guys. When you love someone, no matter who it is, cling to that love, and make sure that special person knows. If you don't, you'll regret it for the rest of your life, wondering what could have been if you had just taken that chance.” With that, Ben began.
 
This is my December, this is my time of the year
This is my December, this is all so clear
This is my December, this is my snow covered home
This is my December, this is me alone

And I
(Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed)
And I
(Take back all the things I said to make you feel like that)

And I
(Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed)
And I
(Take back all the things that I said to you)
Gwen could feel his emotions as he, once more, poured his heart into his song. She could feel the sadness and regret, taste his tears, hear the melancholy in his voice.
 
And I'd give it all away
Just to have somewhere to go to
Give it all away
To have someone to come home to

This is my December
These are my snow covered trees
This is me pretending
This is all I need

And I
(Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed)
And I
(Take back all the things I said to make you feel like that)

And I
(Just wish that I didn't feel like there was something I missed)
And I
(Take back all the things that I said to you)

And I'd give it all away
Just to have somewhere to go to
Give it all away
To have someone to come home to

This is my December
This is my time of the year
This is my December
This is all so clear

Give it all away
Just to have somewhere to go to
Give it all away
To have someone to come home to
 
This time, Gwen took the time to look around before leaving. Women were crying, their boyfriends or husbands holding them close as they comforted them. Men tried to look tough and acting like Ben's song didn't effect them and failing. She wiped the tears from her face and headed home to relay the days strange event to the rest of the family.
 
 
 
Done! I hope this chapter was to everyone's satisfaction. Song is “My December” by Linkin Park. If you want to suggest songs, please do so.