Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
 
There, standing in the doorway, was a male version of her. He had the same blue eyes, the same shade of blonde hair, and freckles. He wore a pale blue and yellow shirt with a green one underneath. He wore light blue shorts.
 
“Hey Kai. Didn't know you were in town.” They boy didn't notice Serena yet.
 
“Max.”
 
Serena poked Kai. “Aren't you going to introduce us?”
 
//No. You can do that for yourself. Just don't mention-//
 
/I know. I know. You've formed an impression that you are unfeeling./
 
//Don't need to make it sound harsh.//
 
Serena stuck out her hand. Max gave her his. “I'm Serena, Kai's schoolmate.” She smiled, hiding her confusion.
 
Max's face showed shock as he looked at her. He shook his head finally, as if trying to clear his head.
 
“I'm Max. Um…sorry if I seem rude but…are you a relative of mine, because we look so much alike.”
 
Serena shook her head. “Not that I know of.”
 
Max laughed. “Of course not! But maybe…would you like to come over to the hobby shop with me? I have to stop by there to talk to my dad before going to practice.”
 
“Well actually Kai was…” Serena looked about, but Kai had disappeared. “Never mind. I'd like to go to the store. I need new parts for my blade anyways. You do sell parts right?”
 
Max nodded. “Why do you ask?”
 
“Most hobby stores I went into didn't sell blades.” Because blading wasn't known in those towns.
 
“Let's go then. Did you want to come to our practice too?”
 
Serena brightened. “Of course!”
 
Max stepped out of the house and locked the door. “Let's go.”
As the pair traveled to the hobby store, Max told her about different places they passed. Then the subject of blading came up.
 
“So you blade?” asked Max.
 
Serena nodded. “Ever since I was little. Knew nothing but blading.”
 
“Do you have a bitbeast?”
 
“No.” Serena was starting to feel uncomfortable with the subject, so she changed it. “So I hear you're from America. Do you miss it?”
 
“Not really,” admitted Max. “I go over every summer to visit my mom. She works at a blading facility. What about you? Where are you from?”
 
Another uncomfortable subject. I'm going to get Kai for this. “Here and there.”
 
Max looked at Serena. “You're a secretive person aren't you?”
 
“Maybe…”
 
Max laughed then pointed. “There it is. The Spinning Top Hobby Store. C'mon. Look around at all the parts if you want.”
 
When they went into the hobby store, Max went to talk to his dad. Serena gaped at all the beyblade parts. Biovolt didn't even have as many as this place. Suddenly, big arms caught Serena in a bear hug.
 
“She's back. She's back,” said her captor.
 
“Dad!”
 
Serena's self-defense training kicked in. Freeing herself, she whirled toward her captor, getting into her fighting stance. Before her stood a big, muscular many with a hairstyle similar to Max's.
 
Max's father, Mr. Tate, held up his hands. “Sorry `bout that. It's just, you look so much like Max that I thought…Is your name Serena?”
 
Serena straightened, her mask set in place. “How did you know that?”
 
Mr. Tate smiled. “Because my mother's prophecy is fulfilled. My long lost daughter has returned.”
 
“What?”
 
“She's my sister?”
 
Max and Serena looked at each other. Could they really be brother and sister?