Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
 
After dropping her stuff off in her new room, Serena followed Max back to the hobby store. Mr. Tate looked up, then reached under the counter. He pulled out a small black box, which Serena opened. Inside was a beyblade part with a picture of a black winged dragon.
 
“A bitbeast!”
 
“Where's you get it Dad?” asked Max.
 
“Your grandmother sent it along with Draciel.”
 
Serena heard a voice in her head. {Dragonia.} Dragonia? Who or what is that? Serena saw that there was a piece of paper folded up in the box. She took it out, unfolded it, and read it.
 
Dear Serena,
I'm sorry that I'm not going to be able to meet you. I want you to keep this bitbeast. Be warned though, tell no one but those you trust its name. I foresee that someone will steal it from you if you tell the name to everyone. Use your powers (yes I know of them) to keep it a secret.
 
Love,
Grams
 
How can I keep the name a secret if I need to call it out?
 
{Telepathically.}
 
/Who are you?/
 
{Dragonia, your bitbeast.}
 
/Woah. I've never heard of someone having a conversation with their bitbeast, least of all, a bitbeast not on a blade./
 
{Only few are given the gift of communication; but I feel a special connection with you, thus the reason we are communicating now.}
 
Something shook Serena. Snapping out of her link with Dragonia, Serena saw Max looking at her, hand on her arm. Looking around, Serena noticed that Mr. Tate had left the store. Serena looked back at Max. “What?”
 
“I asked you a question. What's the name of the bitbeast?”
 
Serena looked at the note. Tell no one but those you trust…but I can trust my f-family. “It's Dragonia.”
Max looked thoughtful for a moment. Finally he spoke. “Do you have special abilities?”
 
“What do you mean?” asked Serena surprised. How did he know?
 
“Well, Grams had special abilities; and according to Dad, every two generations, a child is born with special abilities. It wouldn't be Dad or Mom; so it would be one of us. I know I don't have special abilities…so…”
 
Serena sighed. “Yes.”
 
Max looked excited. “What can you do?”
 
“I can…um…do telepathy, create illusions and force fields. I can orb things also.”
 
“Cool. Hey, if we're twins, shouldn't we have a telepathic link between us?”
 
“Try it.”
 
“How do I talk telepathically?”
 
“Think what you are going to say and direct it to me.”
 
Max concentrated, then sighed. “I can't do it.”
 
“Then there is no telepathic link between us.”
 
“Couldn't you make one?”
 
“No.”
 
“Please?” Max pouted and gave her puppy dog eyes.
 
Well, it'll only be fair. I made one with Kai, I might as well with Max.
 
Serena placed her hand on Max's shoulder. Max felt the same lightning bolt as Kai did when Serena created the link between them. “Try now.”
 
[Testing…one…two…three.]
 
/It works./
 
[Neat!]
 
Mr. Tate came back into the store. “Do you want to make a blade for your bitbeast Serena?”
 
“Sure!” Not long after did Serena finish a blade for Dragonia. Max looked at it.
 
“Just like mine. Equal defensive and offensive power. You didn't even need mine or Dad's help.”
 
“I know how to make a blade thank you very much!”
 
“Sorry. Hey, you want to go try out your new blade? I have to head to practice now. You can come meet the others.”
 
“Um…sure…” Serena kept her mask in place to hide her uneasiness. Life was throwing fastballs at her. First she found out she was `adopted'. Then she was left with her family, no one she knew or met before. Now she was going to be introduced to the BladeBreakers as Max's twin sister. Serena didn't think she could take anymore.
 
“Bye Dad! I'm taking Serena to practice.”
 
“Bye you two!”