Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 18
 
Serena stood in front of her new class as her teacher Mrs. Aoki introduced her. Serena saw that in the back were Tyson and Kenny. Kai never went to a public school; and Ray was, well, Ray was somewhere else. Max was in a whole other classroom. Serena was assigned a seat by her friends. On the other side of her was a boy who reminded her of someone. He was looking at her. Serena talked to Tyson and Kenny, trying to ignore the boy; but finally, she couldn't take it anymore. She whirled around.
 
“Do you have a staring problem?”
 
The boy looked startled. “Ummm…what?”
 
“Sorry for being rude, but why the hell are you staring at me?”
 
“Do you blade?” asked the boy.
 
“What does that have to do with you staring at me?”
 
“Leave her alone Baldacci,” said Tyson.
 
“I'm sorry Granger, but I'm not talking to you,” sneered the boy.
 
Some other student drew away the boy's attention.
 
“Who the hell is he?” demanded Serena, looking at her friends.
 
“Antonio Baldacci, blader extraordinaire; or so he calls himself,” said Kenny.
 
“He's actually a blading bully. He tries to find bladders weaker than him so he can keep his image,” said Tyson.
 
“Baldacci is upset because he hasn't found any new bladders yet. Besides you, we had gotten three new students this year.” Kenny nodded to a group of three by the window. “They're part of a foreign exchange program. All three come from America. The tall red head is Angela Ravencroft. The boy is Joseph Black. The short blonde is Kelsey Mattingly.”
 
“Mattingly's the only one out of that group who doesn't know Japanese. Her two friends have to act as translators, so I don't know why Mattingly came,” said Tyson.
 
“I feel bad for Mattingly. To come here but not know the language. Must be hard to make friends,” said Serena.
 
“Wait! You, Torturer Tate, actually feel something? Stop the presses!”
 
Serena growled. “Keep that up Granger and the front page story tomorrow will read how your body parts were found all about Tokyo.” Serena stood up. “Kenny, how much time until class starts?”
 
“About ten minutes, why?”
 
“I'm going to go over there and talk to them.”
 
“Good luck,” said Tyson.
 
Serena walked over to the trio. “Hello.”
 
Three heads jerked up. The red head smiled. “You speak English?”
 
Serena nodded. “I took courses at my last school.”
 
A big grin broke out on Mattingly's face. “Wonderful! I'm Kelsey.”
 
“Angie.”
 
“Joe.”
 
Serena laughed. “Well, you already know me. So I hear you three are from America.”
 
Angie nodded. “Florida to be more precise.”
 
“Where are you from? You don't have a Japanese accent; and you don't have an American one since you're Max Tate's sibling,” said Joe.
 
“Actually we're twins. I was raised by an-” Serena racked her brain for an excuse. “-uncle in Russia. He died and my Aunt May brought me to Japan.”
 
[What excuse did you use?]
 
/Aunt and Uncle in Russia. Killed off the uncle./
 
[Alright.]
 
Serena spotted something at Kelsey's waist. She had seen it in Domino. It was a deck protector. “You duel Kelsey?”
 
Kelsey's eyes lit up. “You know about Duel Monsters? No one here knows. Do you play?”
 
Serena shook her head. “No. I blade, but my friend Yugi-”
 
Kelsey shrieked. All eyes turned to the four. Angie and Joe apologized in Japanese for Kelsey.
 
“You're friends with Yugi Motou? The King of Games?”
 
Serena looked quizzically at Kelsey. “King of Games? Obviously, you know more about Yugi than I do. Then again, it's been a year since I last saw him.”
 
Kelsey opened her mouth to reply when Mrs. Aoki ordered everyone back to their desks. Tyson and Kenny looked stunned as Serena sat down next to them.
 
“You know English?” asked Tyson.
 
“I learned it at my last school. Of course, Russian is my first language. I had to learn Japanese before I could talk to anyone over here.”
 
All further conversation was stopped as class started. At lunchtime, Serena went and sat with the American Trio. Kelsey still couldn't get over the fact that Serena knew Yugi Motou.
 
“You shouldn't have mentioned him Serena,” said Angie.
 
“She's annoyingly obsessed with him, as much as she is with Kai,” said Joe.
 
Kai? But he's mine! Serena plastered a smile on her face. “You're going to have a hard time getting either of them Kelsey.”
 
Kelsey sighed. “I know, but I can dream can't I?”
 
“Oy! Tate!”
 
Serena fixed her mask of unemotionalism firmly in place. “What is it Baldacci?”
 
“You never answered my question earlier. Do you blade?”
 
“Yes, but I am not accepting your challenge.”
 
“Why not?” demanded Baldacci.
 
“Because you are not worth my time.”
 
Baldacci's face reddened. He spun Serena around and grabbed a fistful of cloth. “I'm not worth your time?!”
 
Serena looked calmly at Baldacci. “I suggest you let go before you get hurt.”
 
“How? How am I not worth your time?”
 
Serena sighed and, taking hold of Baldacci's wrist, applied pressure at the underside of the wrist. Baldacci let go. “Like I said, you are not worth my time.” Serena turned and sat back down, talking to her new friends in English.
 
Baldacci stormed off and didn't bother Serena for the rest of the day. At the end of the day, Serena waved goodbye to the American Trio before catching up to Tyson, Kenny, and Max. They all headed to Tyson's to do homework. Ray and Kai were already there and waited patiently for the rest. Serena and Kenny tried to explain the homework to Tyson, but they gave up.
 
“Try it for yourself Granger,” said Serena. She turned to her own homework.
 
“You're mad aren't you?” asked Kenny.
 
Serena looked up. “Why do you say that Chief?”
 
“Because anytime you're mad, you call people by their last names.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Soon, everyone, even Tyson, was done with their homework. Serena even met Tyson's grandfather before the group left for Mr. Dickenson's.
 
“Keep up the good work Miss Sergeant.” Gramps left.
 
“Sergeant?”
 
Tyson and Max broke down laughing. Serena whirled on them. “What's so funny?”
 
“Your new name,” said Max between giggles.
 
“Oh, I'm a sergeant now am I? Then drop and give me 50!”