Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24
 
It was getting late in the day, and the gang had no other battles so far besides Max's. Walking down the trail through the woods, the group fell down a hole and slid into a mine cart, which started moving at great speeds. The cart ran over so many bumps and around so many turns, that everyone was starting to turn green. Finally, light loomed ahead, but it led off a cliff.
 
“Pull the brake! Pull the brake!” cried Tyson.
 
It took Max, Ray, and Serena to engage the brake. The cart slowed down; but not enough and the cart fell to the ground below. Everyone slowly got up.
 
“Hey look! There's a light house over there!” Kenny pointed to a lone figure.
 
“How is that supposed to help us?” asked Max.
 
“Light houses usually have radios. Maybe that light house has a working one,” explained Kenny.
 
“Then let's go.” Tyson stood up, but a few seconds later was kneeling on the ground clutching his ankle.
 
Ray knelt besides Tyson, examining the ankle. “Sprained. You need to rest this ankle Tyson.”
 
“But what about the light house?” asked Kenny.
 
Serena sighed. “We'll have to split up and be careful. I'll go with Kenny to the lighthouse. Anyone else?”
 
Kai started walking in the direction of the lighthouse.
 
“Well, that settles that. You three be careful,” said Max.
 
“You too,” said Serena.
 
Serena and Kenny ran after Kai. Along the route, the group had to walk along a cliff. Out of nowhere came a rockslide. The three hugged the cliff front, boulders flying overhead. When it was all over, the way was blocked. Rocks were piled high.
 
“What do we do now?” asked Kenny.
 
“What Kai is doing,” answered Serena.
 
Kai was already scaling the rock pile.
 
“Come on Kenny. The others are counting on us,” said Serena.
 
With all of them working together, the rock pile was soon behind them. The group finally reached the lighthouse; but not after an exploding bridge and another battle with the PsyKicks. Kai easily won that and Kenny put the bitbeast capture system offline. At the lighthouse, Kenny handed Serena a radio.
 
“Contact Ray.”
 
Where did he get this? “Ray? You there?” Static. “Ray, come in Ray.”
 
“Serena, you guys alright?” came Ray's voice.
 
“Yeah. We reached the lighthouse with a few difficulties. Kenny's contacting Mr. Dickenson now.”
 
“Tell him to hurry. Tyson's ankle is pretty swollen.”
 
“Alright. Be careful. There's no telling what the PsyKicks will do next.”
 
“Will do. Ray signing off.”
 
Serena pocketed the radio and went into the lighthouse. “Kenny, you done yet?”
 
“I can't connect!” Kenny looked around. “Oh. Maybe it'll help if I plugged in the wires.”
 
“KENNY!”