Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 26

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26
 
 
After a week, Tyson was still in the hospital. Serena and the others went to visit him. Kenny was carrying the work that Tyson missed. Their teacher, Mrs. Aoki, was also going to stop by for a visit. When the group reached Tyson's room, they saw Tyson standing up and launching his blade.
 
“Sir, this is a hospital, not a playground,” said Max in a deep voice. He actually sounded like one of the doctors.
 
Tyson recalled his blade and laid on the bed. He looked around and saw Max and Ray laughing. The others were trying very hard not to laugh. “Very funny guys.”
 
“You're supposed to be resting,” said Kenny. He placed the schoolwork on the table by Tyson's bed.
 
“I'm better. Doc says I can go home in a few days.”
 
“Good. You can tell Mrs. Aoki,” said Serena.
 
“What?! She's here?” Tyson pulled the covers up to his chin and turned to where his back was facing the door.
 
Mrs. Aoki came to Tyson's bed. “You poor thing! How are you doing?”
 
Tyson mumbled something. Serena turned to the open window to hide her smile. She saw something brown move through the trees.
 
Is it them? Nah. It's probably just a squirrel.
 
Soon Mrs. Aoki left and Serena stood near Tyson's bed. “I hear all you do is launch your blade out of the window.”
 
“I bet he's trying to get out of school,” said Max.
 
“Either that, or he doesn't want to run laps with the rest of us,” said Ray grinning.
 
“Oh well. He gets off the hook for laps, but not for school.” Serena picked the box of schoolwork off the table and dropped it on the bed.
 
“What's this?” asked Tyson.
 
“All of the work you missed,” said Serena smiling.
 
Tyson groaned.
 
“Ah Tyson. Glad to see that you are feeling better.”
 
“Mr. Dickenson! What are you doing here?” asked Tyson.
 
“I need to talk to you. All of you.”
 
The gang followed Mr. Dickenson to the roof top view. Tyson and Mr. Dickenson sat on the bench. Kai leaned against the rail, looking at the view. Everyone else just stood around.
 
“The PsyKicks want a rematch. What do you want to do?”
 
“I want a rematch. They didn't exactly fight fair last time,” said Max.
 
Tyson and Ray nodded. Kai, of course, acted like he didn't care.
 
“But we also have those cloaked figures too. Mr. Dickenson, do you think you can find them for us?” asked Ray.
 
“I want a rematch against Ozuma!” Tyson jumped off the bench.
 
Serena felt eyes watching. Turning her head slightly, she caught a glimpse of a cloaked figure watching from the top of the tower.
 
/Someone is watching us./
 
//Where?//
 
/Top of the tower./
 
Kai turned to look. The figure disappeared and Serena took the opportunity and ran to the stairs.
 
//But I don't see anyone.//
 
/Just wanted you to look./
 
“What's wrong Kai?” asked Max.
 
Kai didn't answer. Serena climbed the stairs quietly. Closing the door quietly behind her, Serena crept to where she could see the spy. It was still looking at the others.
 
“Hey, where'd the girl go.” It then spun around, spying Serena.
 
“Hello. May I help you?” asked Serena.
 
“Damn.”
 
“Why are you spying on my friends?” asked Serena.
 
The figure didn't answer. Serena took a step forward. “Do I need to beat it out of you?” Serena was bluffing. She didn't like bullying others.
 
“Leave him alone.” Came a voice from behind Serena.
 
Serena spun, spying Nicole and yet another cloaked figure. “Who's going to make me? Is anyone going to tell me the reason for the spying?”
 
“Well, since you're so keen on a fight. You beat me in a fight and we'll tell you,” said the person next to Nicole.
 
“Dunga!” hissed the figure Serena had seen spying.
 
Serena grinned. “All right then. Let's get started.”
 
The figure next to Nicole dropped its cloak, showing a tan boy with big muscles. Serena eyed the muscles.
 
Big boy.
 
The first spy sighed. “Fine, but not here. We don't want the BladeBreakers to know we are here.”
 
Dunga turned around and jumped off the building, the first spy following. Nicole looked at Serena.
 
“Do you have to do this?”
 
Serena nodded. “Unless you are willing to tell me everything.”
 
Nicole shook her head. “I can't.”
 
Serena walked to the edge of the building and looked down. There were canopies underneath to slow her fall. Serena jumped, Nicole after her. Nicole's friends were waiting for Serena before leading her to an alley a few blocks away. Dunga stood at one end of the alley and Serena at the other. Both were waiting for the other to make a move. Finally, Dunga rushed at Serena, swinging his fist. Serena sidestepped him, tripping him in the process.
 
“Why you…” Dunga rushed at Serena again.
 
This time Serena met his attack. She ducked under his arm and punched him in the stomach.
 
“Is that all you got?” asked Dunga. It didn't hurt him much.
 
“I'm just getting warmed up.” Serena leapt up at Dunga's next attack. She placed her hands on his shoulders, as if to somersault off him.
 
Grab my wrists Dunga.
 
She got her wish. Dunga grabbed her wrist and went to throw her.
 
Serena smirked. Perfect.
 
Serena latched onto Dunga's wrists; so that when she was thrown to the ground, Dunga went with her. They both got up, watching each other wearily. Serena heard the swish of a blade and a light footstep.
 
“We have company.”
 
“Yeah right,” said Dunga.
 
Serena heard footsteps behind her. She grabbed the person's wrist and flipped him to the ground in front of her.
 
“The Phantom Gang. I didn't expect you to leave Domino grounds.”
 
“That's you mistake Dragon Leader,” said the person on the ground.
 
One punch from Serena and he went unconscious. Serena spun around, looking everywhere for more Phantoms.
 
“What's going on Serena?” asked Nicole.
 
“A gang wants revenge on me for something I did at a town I once lived in. If there's one, there must be- look out!” A Phantom was sneaking up behind Nicole.
 
Nicole spun around and kicked the Phantom in the stomach. More Phantoms were coming into the alley, forming a ring around Serena and the cloaked figures. The ring parted and a boy came forward. He was the black haired, green-eyed leader of the Phantoms.
 
“Hello Dragon Leader.”
 
Serena sighed. “Austin. I should have known that you were still the leader. Why come to Tokyo to visit me?”
 
Austin scowled. “This isn't a visit and you know it.”
 
Serena shook her head. “I still don't understand why-”
 
“Who cares? Let's get her!” shouted someone.
 
Nicole stepped next to Serena. “You'll have to get through me.”
 
“Austin shrugged. “Suit yourself.”
 
As if on cue, the Phantoms attacked. They all headed for Serena, but Nicole and her friends intercepted them. Serena looked about and spotted Austin at the back. Serena ran forward, dodging assailants, dealing briefly with others. She finally reached Austin.
 
“”Why not get your hands dirty?”
 
The two circled each other. Behind them, Serena's “allies” were fighting the Phantoms, who were too engrossed in the thrill of a fight to care about Serena. Neither Nicole nor Serena attacked first. Austin knew what Serena was capable of and Serena didn't like to start fights. Someone came up behind Serena, who turned to face them. Once she knocked out the Phantom, Serena turned back to Austin, but he had disappeared. Serena turned about looking for him. Out of nowhere came Austin, slashing Serena in the side with a knife. Serena backed away, holding her bleeding side. They started circling each other again. Nicole and her friends, who were now starting to advance on Austin, had defeated the other Phantoms. Serena shook her head.
 
“He's mine.” Serena turned her attention back to Austin. “Why don't you attack? I taught you everything you know. You should be able to figure out a way to beat me.”
 
“You didn't teach me everything Dragon Leader; but I don't need knowledge to beat you.”
 
Austin held the knife high and ran at Serena. Just as he brought the knife down, Serena grabbed his wrist. Serena was so busy concentrating on the knife that she didn't see Austin shifting his weight. Austin knocked Serena's feet from under her and pounced. Serena was laying on the ground, knife at her neck.
 
“Looks like you are losing your touch Dragon Leader.”
 
“Really? I don't think so.”
 
Serena kicked Austin over her head, nicking her neck on the knife. Austin hit the wall and fell unconscious. Dunga and a short, cloaked figure tied him up. The last thing Serena saw before falling into a sea of darkness was Nicole rushing to her.