Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 31

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 31
 
 
“Why shouldn't Kai battle?” demanded Tyson.
 
The hoods came off to show Ozuma, Dunga, Miriam, and a short boy with green hair.
 
“It won't end well,” replied Ozuma.
 
“Kai can still battle!” said Max.
 
“I'll battle in Kai's place,” said Dunga.
 
“No. I will.”
 
“Serena, you can't! Your dad said you couldn't blade!” said Kenny.
 
“We're not going to let you blade Serena,” said Ray.
 
Kai was looking at Wyatt.
 
“I don't care. I'll get to battle Kai one way or another,” said Wyatt.
 
“Cocky kid isn't he,” said Yugi.
 
Serena walked forward, but her friends stepped in front of her.
 
“We can't let you blade Serena,” said Max.
 
“Let me pass!”
 
Her friends stood firm. Serena glowered.
 
“You can lose your bitbeast Serena,” said Nicole.
 
A small price to repay a debt.
 
By this time, Dunga was down the stairs and approaching Wyatt. “I'll be your opponent.”
 
Wyatt shrugged. “No matter.”
 
The two stood about the distance they would in a normal battle. Once the blades were launched, Dunga's blade attacked Wyatt's. Wyatt's blade though, kept dodging.
 
“Why don't you attack? Are you chicken?” asked Dunga.
 
“As you wish.” Wyatt's bitbeast appeared and looked familiar to everyone except Yugi.
 
“It looks like Dragoon!” cried Tyson.
 
Serena looked at Nicole. “Was that what you were trying to tell me about?”
 
“A cyber bitbeast.”
 
“Go Vortex Ape!” cried Dunga. A light appeared; and in that light, a big ape in a suit made of technology.
 
“Thank God for Hilary,” said Ray.
 
Hilary was a girl in Tyson's class who sometimes hung out with them. It was because of Hilary that the BladeBreakers could now see the bitbeasts of the cloaked figures.
 
Both blades crashed into each other. Everyone stood in awe as Dunga's blade stopped spinning.
 
“No. I lost!” cried Dunga.
 
All eyes turned to the Dragoon clone, which looked different.
 
“It's…bigger,” whispered Max.
 
“But how?” asked Ray.
 
Kenny had the answer. “I think every time it's in battle, it gets stronger.”
 
The BladeBreakers stared at Kenny in amazement. Someone started laughing, normally at first, then insanely. Everyone turned and saw Wyatt on the ground laughing. Kai was the first one to reach him and he cradled Wyatt in his arms.
 
“Why doesn't he stop laughing?” asked Max.
 
“And why are there dark circles under his eyes?” asked Ray.
 
“He's tired,” said Yugi.
 
“What do you mean?” asked Tyson.
 
“He couldn't' control the bitbeast when it got stronger. It took too much concentration. His mind snapped,” said Serena sadly.
 
“So he's insane?” asked Kenny.
 
“Hopefully he'll get better,” said Nicole.
 
Serena noticed that Kai was shaking a little. No one else noticed. Serena didn't know why Kai was shaking. He never was one to get emotional.
 
“I suggest practice be held at Tyson's place.”
 
The others nodded and took Serena's advice, leaving the park.
 
“You coming Serena?” asked Yugi.
 
“I'll catch up.”
 
Yugi nodded and left. Once everyone was out of sight, Serena turned to Kai. She placed her hand on his shoulder.
 
“Are you going to be okay?”
 
“I just need to be alone.”
 
“I'm here if you need someone to talk to,” said Serena walking away. As she walked, she heard Kai say:
 
“I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I should have taught you when you had asked me.”
 
Serena wanted to walk back to Kai, to comfort him; but he wanted to be alone. Serena was surprised though. Kai never apologized to anyone. She had never seen Kai like that either. He always acted like a loner, a tough guy, to everyone ,even her. Serena decided to go home. She'll see Yugi off in the morning; and she'd see the others another day.