Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 32

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32
 
 
Serena walked into the house and up to her room. She laid on her bed, arms behind her head.
 
I should have battled Wyatt. That way he would have lost and not have gone insane. That would at least have paid off my debt to Kai, for everything he's done for me.
 
~Serena's POV~
 
It was at Biovolt, during my first couple of months there. The other bladders were picking on me because I was a girl. They would steal some of my things; or the top bladders, the Demolition Boys, would take my food. It was dinnertime and we all had just started eating. I was always last in line, so I didn't receive a lot of food. The Demolition Boys, always first in line, received a feast. As usual, before I took a bite of my food, the Demolition Boys came up to me. I always sat alone. The other boys knew I was the Demolition Boys' favorite target and no one wanted to get in their way.
 
“Give me your bread girl,” said Valcov.
 
I glared at him. I was tired of giving these bullies my food. “No.”
 
“What? I didn't catch that. I thought you said no,” said Valcov.
 
Everyone stayed quiet. No one talked when the Demolition Boys did.
 
“What? Can't you hear? I did say no.” I took a bite of my bread.
 
Boys gasped. No one defied the Demolition Boys, at least, not without paying a price. Valcov was surprised the most. He always got what he wanted.
 
“I said, give me your bread!” Valcov tried to take the bread from my hand.
 
I bit the hand, and then scrambled over the table, running away.
 
“Why you little- GET HER!” shouted Valcov.
 
I ran toward the door, taking a glance behind me. Valcov and three of the Demolition Boys were chasing me; but Hiwatari had disappeared. I looked forward again and tried to stop; but not before I crashed into Hiwatari. I had been so preoccupied with those behind me that I didn't see Hiwatari get in front of me. The other bladders formed a ring around Valcov and me. I knew what was coming and got into a fighting stance.
 
“Now really, you expect to beat me? You, the shrimp?” Valcov pulled a face of mock horror as he looked around. “The shrimp expects to beat me. The wimpy girl wants to fight.” Laughter from the crowd. Valcov's face became serious. “Bring it on.”
 
I knew I had no shot of beating him. Valcov was a head taller than me and almost twice my weight, but I had to try. I rushed at Valcov and went to punch him. Valcov moved and kicked me in the back, knocking me to the ground. Before I could get up, Valcov placed his foot on my head. He pressed down lightly.
 
“I told you, you'll never beat me. You are such a wimp. You'll never become anything. You are just a-”
 
“What is going on here?” came a sharp voice.
 
Valcov took his foot off. I would have attacked him, but Father was in the room. “Nothing sir.”
 
Father saw me on the floor. “What are you doing there Serena?”
 
As if he didn't know. Father had many rooms in the Abbey videotaped. “I tripped sir.” I got up.
 
Father would know the truth; but if I told him in front of everyone, the Demolition Boys would attack me in an area not videotaped.
“You've been clumsy lately Serena. You need to grow up.” With that, Father left. I walked out of the cafeteria. The boys had gone back to eating; but I could hear soft laughter as I left. I walked down the halls to my room and laid on my bed.
 
“I'm going to beat you one day Valcov. Just you wait.” I fell asleep only to be woken up less than an hour later by Hiwatari. “What do you want? My room's off limits!”
 
“After 7. It's 6:30. Meet me in the gym at 8.”
 
“Why should I?”
 
“You want to beat Tala.” Hiwatari left.
 
I was suspicious. Hiwatari never helped anyone. He was one of the Demolition Boys, although he never fully participated in what the others did. It had to be a prank, yet Hiwatari never did those.
 
My mind kept saying that I shouldn't go and then saying that I should go; until finally, at five minutes to 8, I walked down the halls to the gym. When I walked in, I saw Hiwatari in the middle of the room on a mat. I didn't see anyone else; but that didn't mean they weren't watching. This was one of the many rooms that Father kept under surveillance. Hiwatari beckoned me to come closer. I did, but not too close.
 
“I'm not going to hurt you. Come closer.”
 
“Why are you helping me?” I didn't come closer.
 
“You want to beat Tala.”
 
“That doesn't answer my question. Why-”
 
“Quiet. I'm going to teach you to fight. Let's get started.”
 
“But the mikes and the cameras…”
 
Hiwatari sighed. “All off. Now, come attack me.”
 
I was amazed. Here was Hiwatari, a loner. This loner was helping me, a girl with no friends and always got picked on. I went to punch Hiwatari; but he dodged and touched me. I couldn't move, I just felt pain. Hiwatari leaned close.
“Pressure points. I'll teach those to you also.”
 
For the next few hours, I was taught to fight. Hiwatari called a stop around midnight.
 
“Meet me here same time tomorrow.” He left.
 
I walked as fast as my aching body would let me. I took a lot of falls that night and I only had three hours to rest before Father woke everyone up.
 
For the next month, I learned to fight by night and blade by day. I endured the torture that the boys gave me, knowing the time would soon come when I could beat Valcov. I waited until I had grown taller and had small muscles. I was still last in line, so I still didn't get a lot of food. That didn't stop me though. I was strong now. Nothing could stop me.
 
One day at dinner, I stepped to the front of the line. The boys knew I would get in trouble but that didn't stop them from yelling at me.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Get to the back where you belong!”
 
The Demolition Boys came up with Valcov in the lead.
 
“What are you doing girl? You belong in the back of the line.”
 
“What does it look like I'm doing? I'm getting food.” I held out my tray and received the most food I ever received. I went to sit down, but Valcov stood in my way. “Get out of my way Valcov.”
 
“Give me that food.”
 
“No. I plan on eating it.” I stepped around him.
 
Valcov pushed me and I fell on my food. I got up and looked at my jacket. It was filthy now. “Oh well. It needed to be washed anyways.” I took it off, showing my muscles. I had taken to wearing the jacket all the time to hide them.
 
“Well well well. The wimp's been working out. I'm impressed. Usually those I beat give up.”
 
“I'm no quitter Valcov. I want a rematch.”
 
“A fight? Okay, if that's what you want.”
 
We all followed Valcov to the gym. He stepped on the mat that I had trained many nights on with Hiwatari.
 
“Are you ready girl? Ready to be beat…again?”
 
I ignored Valcov. He was just trying to anger me.
 
It was a hard fight. Even though I was faster, Valcov had more experience. It took all I had to win. I put my foot on Valcov's head when he was on the ground.
 
“Who's the loser now Valcov?” I took my foot off his head and walked away. Thanks to Hiwatari, I was able to beat Valcov. I was still treated like trash; but I had earned a little respect.
 
~Normal POV~
 
Will I ever be able to pay off my debt to Kai?