Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 34

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 34
 
 
That night, Serena couldn't fall asleep right away.
 
Something doesn't feel right about Kane and his friends. Something bad is going to happen.
 
At three in the morning, Serena woke up as usual and headed to the park. Kai was already there with two cups of coffee. Serena wordlessly took one and drank. She sighed. The coffee was just how she liked it…black. Serena studied Kai as she drank her coffee. He seemed to be thinking about something.
 
“What's on your mind Kai?”
 
Kai remained silent.
 
“Kai, what's wrong?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
Serena couldn't tell how Kai was feeling. At Biovolt, you were taught to hide your emotions. “Fine. Don't tell me; but I know something's on your mind. I also know something is wrong. I can feel it.”
 
“About what?”
 
“Kane's gang. Something doesn't seem right about them.”
 
“Do you know what?”
 
Serena shook her head. “I have no clue.” She finished her coffee. “Thanks for the coffee by the way.”
 
With a nod, Kai turned and walked away. Serena threw away her coffee cup and bladed for a bit. Luckily, no one who would blab on her was up this early, so no one would know. Soon Serena headed home, climbing into the house via her window. Three hours later, she and Max were on the way to school. Along the way, Tyson, Hilary, and Kenny joined them; and father still, the American Trio.
 
“Serena Smith? Is that you?”
 
The group turned to see a girl with brown hair that had gold tips. Her eyes were dark brown, almost pure black; and there was a lightning bolt on her forehead. The girl was dressed in a purple shirt, blue jeans, and silver gloves. A three-pointed rod with a lightning bolt etched into it was in the girl's hand.
 
“It's not Smith idiot, it's Tate.” Baldacci stood beside the girl.
 
The girl glared at Baldacci and opened her mouth to speak; but Serena interrupted.
 
“Yamura Hoshi! What are you doing here?”
 
The two girls hugged, then introductions were made.
 
“Can you two talk on the way? We're going to be late if we stand here,” said Kenny.
 
“Oh, I forgot you had to go to school. I'll walk with you. I have to make sure that Antonio gets there. Apparently, he's been skipping school, so I was given the job from Aunt Isabella to make sure he got there.”
 
Serena hissed. “You're staying with your cousins? Ouch.”
 
The group started walking as Yamura sighed.
 
“Yeah. This time my parents couldn't come with me. They're away on another business trip.”
 
“What do they do?” asked Joe.
 
“They work as engineers at KaibCorp. They help build anything Seto Kaiba plans. Sometimes they help with tournaments.” Yamura swelled up with pride.
 
Kelsey said something excitedly. Yamura looked at her. “What?”
 
“Sorry. Kelsey doesn't speak Japanese. She asked if you lived in Domino,” said Angie.
 
Yamura nodded. Kelsey said something else.
 
Serena smiled. “She wants to know if you know Yugi.”
 
Yamura laughed. “How does she know Yugi? Every time I'm here it blading, blading, blading. But yes, I know Yugi. He's my best friend.”
 
Angie translated that for Kelsey who broke into a huge grin.
 
“Yamura, Kelsey's obsessed with Yugi. See, Kelsey, Angie, and Joe are from America,” said Serena.
 
“You've just made her day. Same thing happened with Serena; but at least Serena knows English,” said Joe.
 
“Now we're going to have to listen to Kelsey all day ranting about Yugi,” groaned Angie.
 
The bell from the school rang out. The BladeBreakers started running, as did the American Trio.
 
“Come on Serena! We're going to be late!” called Joe.
 
Yamura glared at Baldacci. “Get over to the school now!”
 
Baldacci stuck his tongue at Yamura. “I don't have to listen to you!”
 
Yamura smacked him with her rod and intensified her glare. “Go!”
 
Baldacci ran off. “I'm telling my mother on you!”
 
“Yeah yeah. He says that every time.”
 
Serena laughed. “It's good to see you again Yamura. Why don't we get together later?”
 
“Sure. Five o'clock by the statue at the park all right with you?”
 
“Sure. See you then.”
 
Yamura turned and walked away. The late bell rang out.
 
“Dang it!” Serena ran to the school, cursing in every language she knew. It didn't help. She still got after school detention.