Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 35

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 35
 
 
“See you later Serena! We need to go see Mr. Dickenson,” said Max.
 
Students rushed out of the school. The BladeBreakers started to leave.
 
“Have fun in detention Serena!” called Tyson.
 
Serena muttered darkly all through detention. As soon as it was over, Serena was running to her house. She had just set her stuff down in her room when her phone rang.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Look outside.”
 
The dial tone reached Serena's ear. Hanging up her phone, Serena pulled aside the curtain in her window. There, on the road in front of her house, was Kai outside a limo.
 
“What does he want?”
 
Those were the first words out of her mouth once she was outside.
 
“Get in and I'll tell you.” Kai held the door open.
 
Once both Serena and Kai were in, the limo drove off.
 
“What's up?” asked Serena.
 
“Guess who the new PsyKicks are.”
 
Serena didn't need to guess. “Kane and his crew.”
 
Kai nodded. “Tyson wouldn't believe they'd betray us, so he took the others to the PsyKick's lab.”
 
At the words `betray us', Serena started. She remembered where she had felt that bad feeling before. It was when the future Phantom gang members had first met Serena.
 
“The others are probably in trouble now, right?”
 
“Most likely.”
 
Serena looked out the window and saw a building come up. Kai picked up the phone inside the limo.
 
“Stop the car.”
 
The limo slowed to a stop. Serena looked quizzically at Kai.
 
“Element of surprise.”
 
“Oh.” Serena couldn't believe she forgot the first rule of stealth. She would have a hard time if she went back to Biovolt.
 
The closer the two ran to the building, the louder sirens came. Serena and Kai snuck into the building and then started running down corridors. They didn't run into any security; not their friends until they were close to where they had entered the building.
 
BAM!
 
“There they are! Get them!” shouted a voice.
 
No one took time for hellos. The teenagers leapt off the floor and headed to the entrance. With guards behind them, the group reached the door and was out of it in a heartbeat. The teens didn't stop running until they were by Kai's limo.
 
“Idiots,” said Serena.
 
“Talk to Tyson. He dragged us here,” said Hilary.
 
“Imbeciles!”
 
“I'm starving,” whined Tyson.
 
“It's only five o'clock Tyson,” said Kenny.
 
Serena's head snapped up. “Shit! I'll see you all later!” Serena ran down the street, ignoring the cries from her friends, all telling her not to run because of that blasted side of hers. As soon as the park was in sight, Serena stopped running. She walked the rest of the way holding her side. I'm going to be in BIG trouble if one of them blabs about this.
 
A limo pulled up beside Serena. Yamura was hanging out the window. “Stop the car Ronald.” Yamura hopped out as son as it was possible. She saw Serena grimacing in pain. “What's wrong?”
 
“Oh, this. I was just in the hospital recently. You remember the Phantom gang right?”
 
Yamura nodded, and then her face fell. “They found you didn't they?”
 
“Yeah. Austin gave me a big slash in the side. I'm still healing, but I ran the whole way here.”
 
Yamura laughed. “You could never follow rules. So what's up with this whole name change thing?”
 
For the next hour, the two friends caught up on each other's lives. Soon ,Yamura's limo pulled up.
 
“Miss Hoshi, your Aunt wants you home.”
 
“Thank you Ronald.”
 
“Since when do you ride in a limo?” asked Serena.
 
“Since my parents work for KaibaCorp.”
 
Ronald honked the horn as the two girls hugged.
 
HONK!!
 
“RONALD!” Don't you honk that horn at me! I'll tell my parents!” yelled Yamura.
 
Serena laughed. “Take care of yourself.”
 
“You too. Don't fight too many people,” said Yamura climbing into the limo.
 
Serena watched the limo drive off and then looked at her watch. Wonder if Max blabbed about my running yet.