Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 36

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 36
 
 
Serena walked into the kitchen and saw Max at the table eating a hamburger. Max looked up.
 
“Where were you? You missed Dad. He came to get a bite and then left for the store.”
 
“You're getting as bad as a parent, you know that right? But if you must know, I was meeting Yamura at the park. Now, tell me, why were you at the lab?” Serena knew the answer, but she wanted to hear it from Max. She placed some fries in the microwave.
 
“Tyson didn't believe our `new friends' were actually the new PsyKicks.”
 
“So you all went and almost got yourselves caught. Real smart Max.” Serena's voice dripped with sarcasm.
 
“Well, we needed to do something. The PsyKicks are blackmailing us!”
 
“Those no good sons of-” The microwave beeped and Serena took her fries out, placing a hamburger on the plate.
 
“The PsyKicks said that if we don't battle them again, they'll unleash cyber bitbeasts on the city. There's nothing we can do EXCEPT battle.”
 
“Call the others up and tell them to head to the park as soon as school is out,” said Serena, carrying her food out of the kitchen.
 
Max followed her. “Where are you going?”
 
“To lay down. My side is killing me. Now, call the others.”
 
“Any change besides heading to the park directly after school?”
 
“Tell them to pack dinner and that homework gets done during breaks. As soon as school is out, we practice.” Serena walked into her room and closed the door.
 
After school the next day, the school going BladeBreakers headed to the park; Ray and Kai appearing shortly after they did. Serena immediately, with Hilary's help, set up a practice area. Two beystadiums were set up, as well as an obstacle course made of random objects. It was basically the same thing the group had been doing before. Of course, when Hilary assigned the BladeBreakers their stations, it set off a fight between her and Tyson. It only stopped when Serena smacked Tyson upside the head and got into his face.
 
“Listen…to…Hilary. She's helping me because I cannot do everything!” Serena straightened up. “Now go to the stations Hilary assigned you. We'll be at each station for awhile; so if you finish before we switch, KEEP GOING!”
 
Every once in awhile, Serena called a break. Homework was done, and after each break, stations were switched. This routine was done for the rest of the week; and everyone could tell there was some improvement. The BladeBreakers felt confident that they could win against the PsyKicks.
 
Yamura watched the practices sometimes, and she was surprised at how strong Serena was. Yamura remarked about it once during a break.
 
“You must be the Queen of Blading.”
 
“In the blading world, it's called the World Champion. Tyson is the World Champ now. I have to be in a tournament.” Serena took a drink of water.
 
“Well, enter the World Championship and become World Champ!”
 
“I'm not on a team though,” said Serena sadly.
 
Now it was Saturday and everyone was at the Tate's house arguing with Serena.
 
“Let me go with you! I've helped you train for this; so I have the right to go!”
 
“No. You've helped enough. We don't need you to hurt yourself or lose your bitbeast because of us,” said Max.
 
“But-”
 
“NO!” shouted the others.
 
“I won't stand for this! I deserve to go!”
 
“Then don't stand,” said Ray.
 
The next couple of minutes passed quickly. Serena felt a pain in her side one minute, and then the next minute she was tied hand and foot.
 
“Untie me! Untie me you-” Serena's protests were cut off as Kai gagged her.
 
“This is for your own good,” said Hilary.
 
Serena glared daggers at them. She was placed in a closet, struggling all the way. Someone had tied the knots really well as Serena couldn't break free. All she could do was give cold and deadly looks at her friends as they closed the closet door. There was a thud as a chair was placed under the knob.
 
Traitors!
 
Serena tried for a long time to break free, hoping she could at least loosen the ropes. Serena closed her eyes when she finally got tired.
 
~Serena's POV~
 
I was floating above my body.
 
Am I dead? I really hope not.
 
I passed through the door. I knew my friends were long gone; but I had to find them. If only I had my body, I'd make them pay for locking me in that blasted closet. Where to go? Where to look? They never shared with me where the match was going to be held. I went into Max's room. He may have the address written down. Unfortunately, I didn't find it. I did find his secret stash of candy. Must do something about that.
 
Guess I'll do this the hard way. Wait, wouldn't Mr. Dickenson know? He probably wrote it down!
 
I floated out of the house and then flew to the BBA Headquarters. I was in luck. My search found the address written in Mr. Dickenson's desk planner. I even knew where the street was. Back outside I went. I flew down the streets, avoiding people. I had no idea if someone could feel a spirit pass through them.
 
A tall tower loomed before me as I neared the address. I passed by Mr. Dickenson's car; but I ignored it and went into the tower. I also ignored all of the blades on the ground and `ran' up the stairs. No one on the second floor. No one on the third. The fourth floor had my friends. Kai was battling Goki; but Kai didn't seem to be himself.
 
“Kai, you can do this. You can beat him!” shouted Tyson. He and the others were in a glass box.
 
“I…can't, I can't face Wyatt.”
 
“That's not Wyatt, Kai! Your guilt is getting in the way of the truth!”
 
“Kai, if you don't win, you'll lose Dranzer!” said Max.
 
I floated to Kai. If only I could talk to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and suddenly, I was in a place I didn't recognize. It was a room full of doors, each with an emotion written on it. The doors were closed and locked; all except guilt that is. That door was open a little and I heard voices.
 
“I'm sorry. I wish I had taught you.”
 
“It's too late!”
 
I pushed open the door and saw Kai and what looked like a ghost of Wyatt. Both of them looked at me.
 
“Serena, what are you doing here? You're not one of my guilts.”
 
“I'm here to help you Kai. You need to let go of your guilt. It's not your fault Wyatt went crazy.”
 
“Yes it is. I should have taught him.”
 
Wyatt's ghost smirked and grew a little bigger.
 
“Look at Wyatt, Kai. Your guilt keeps growing. Soon it'll consume you. Fight it. Remember, you never liked to be around people. You did what you always do. You kept to yourself. It is who you are.”
 
“It is still my-”
 
“It is NOT your fault! Stop saying that. Wyatt chose to join the PsyKicks. It was his choice, not yours. So stop feeling guilty and listen to Tyson and the others. It is not Wyatt you're facing but Goki. Fight him to save Dranzer!”
 
Kai was silent for awhile, and then he looked up at me.
 
“You're right. I need to stop feeling guilty. I need to get out of here; but I can't move.”
 
I held out my hand. “Let me help; but you also need to help yourself.”
 
Kai took my hand and tried to take a step.
 
“Where are you going Kai? I'm not done with you!” cried Wyatt.
 
“But I am done with you! I'm sorry I didn't help you, but I can move on!” Kai took a step and Wyatt shrunk.
 
I smiled. “You can do this Kai.”
 
By the time Kai and I reached the corridor, Wyatt disappeared and the door closed and locked.
 
“Thank you Serena.”
 
“Welcome.”
 
“How did you get here?”
 
I shook my head. “I don't know. One minute I'm tied up in the closet,” I glared at Kai, “and the next minute I'm like a spirit floating above my body and able to travel anywhere.”
 
“Serena, you're…disappearing.”
 
I looked down. I could see through my legs. I looked back at Kai. “Let's keep this our little secret, okay?”
 
Behind Kai, the door of guilt unlocked.
 
“Oh, and keep that door locked. Now, go beat Goki.”
 
Kai nodded and I disappeared fully.
 
~Normal POV~
 
Serena opened her eyes to see her dad staring at her.
 
“Serena! What are you doing here? Why are you tied up?”
 
Serena would have answered, but she was still gagged. Mr. Tate realized this and took the gag off; and then worked at untying her.
 
“Max and the others didn't want me to go to the rematch, so they put me in here.” Serena massaged her wrists. Her throat was sore; so she went to the kitchen for some water. Mr. Tate followed.
 
“I'll have a talk with Max when he gets home. Why don't you go find them? After being cooped up in the closet, you should get out.”
 
Serena placed her cup in the sink. “Thanks Sir!” She ran out of the house.
 
“NO RUNNING!”
 
Serena ran down the same path she had as a ghost. When she reached the tower, there was a big BOOM and the tower started to collapse.
 
No…no…NO!
 
Serena picked up the pace, wishing her friends were all right. Finally, she saw her friends; but Max and Tyson weren't with them.
 
“Serena, how'd-”
 
Serena interrupted Hilary. “Where's Max and Tyson?”
 
“Still inside but-” started Kenny.
 
Serena ran past them toward the tower; but hands gripped her arms. “Let me go!”
 
Ray and Kai held tighter.
 
“This is why we didn't want you to come. You always put others before you. This time, you can't do anything to help them. Max and Tyson will come out safe. I promise,” said Ray.
 
Sure enough, Max and Tyson came out running moments before the tower collapsed. They looked surprised to see Serena.
 
“How'd you get out?” asked Max.
 
“Someone's going to have a talk to you when you get home Max,” said Serena.
 
Max groaned.