Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 38

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 38
 
 
It was a few hours later that the BladeBreakers returned to the hotel. Everyone gathered in the suite, looking down when Serena joined them.
 
“What's wrong?” asked Serena.
 
“The rock has just been stolen,” said Kenny sadly.
 
“And Alan helped! He won't even say why! I have to beat him in the tournament tomorrow.” Max seemed ready to blow.
 
“I know you can beat him Max,” said Serena.
 
“It's not that! I'm tired of all this secrecy. First it is you, then it is Alan!”
 
The others started making lame excuses about where they had to go and left, leaving Max and Serena.
 
Silence followed. Serena looked at Max; and Max looked at Serena with anger in his eyes. Serena sighed.
 
“We all have secrets to keep Max.”
 
“But you most of all! You're my sister and friend to all of us! You should be able to trust us!”
 
“I do trust you all. I just don't want to tell you about my life in Russia. I'm trying to forget that part of my life.”
 
“Well, what about that bogus tale about imagining creatures from that rock? You read that portion but you won't even tell Mom what-”
 
“Shut it! Don't talk about what you don't know! Yes I did read the rock; but until it is deciphered, I'm the only one who needs to know what it says. Although, I did tell Ms-Mom- it would explain why I disappeared as a baby.”
 
Max's anger diminished and turned to sadness. “I can't believe Alan would steal from Mom; but I should have known it was him. Only those that work in that area could have taken the rock. I just never thought it to be-”
 
“Max! You told me to stop dwelling in the past. Well, I'm telling you that. Alan made a mistake. There is no need to-”
 
“No need to? My best friend from school has stolen something Mom worked on, and you're telling me not to dwell in the past? Hypocrite!”
 
“I may sound like a hypocrite, but you don't have a reason to dwell in the past. Sure Alan hurt your feelings and lost your trust, but the hurt will mend. All you have to do is face Alan at the tournament; and when he explains why he did what he did, keep an open mind.”
 
Max smiled. “Definitely a hypocrite. You talk about mending hurt feelings. Maybe talking will heal your hurt.”
 
Serena headed to the door. “You need to get ready for the tournament tomorrow. You want to make sure you last until you face Alan.”
 
“Can you help me?”
 
Serena shook her head. “You should do this yourself. He's your friend.” She walked out of the room and headed to the one she shared with Hilary.
 
Hilary was already in the room. She looked up when Serena walked in. “Everything all right?”
 
Serena nodded. For now that is.
 
The two girls got ready for bed. Hilary was asleep quickly, but Serena was awake and staring at the ceiling in the other bed.
 
/Now Ms.-Mom-will never know what that portion said./
 
{It is not time for everyone to know.}
 
/When will that time be?/
 
{When Fate says it is time. Only those related to the ancient ones know what it says, for it is passed down from generation to generation.}
 
/The Boris was not supposed to know the prophecy./
 
{Unless he is a descendent of the ancient ones. That must be the reason, or else you would not have been in Russia.}
 
/You're right. It was all because of that stupid prophecy that I never had a regular childhood./
 
There was a loud noise in Serena's head that resembled a roar.
 
{Prophecies are not stupid! They tell us what is to come; and they give hope to those who have none. What about the prophecy your grandmother made. It gave your parents hope.}
 
/I'm sorry; but it is because of that prophecy that I had to be stuck with boys and that I was almost-/
 
“Serena?”
 
Serena sat up. Hilary was looking at her.
 
“What is it?”
 
“You were…crying.”
 
Serena felt her cheeks which were indeed wet.
 
“What's wrong?” asked Hilary.
 
“Nothing. Go back to sleep,” said Serena, lying back down.
 
A few moments later, Hilary was snoring.
 
/Why do I not know what I am doing when I'm talking telepathically?/
 
{It happens to all who talk telepathically. Now get some rest.}
 
Serena closed her eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.