Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 39

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 39
 
 
Serena woke up the next morning and got dressed quietly so she didn't wake up Hilary. She noticed, as she walked outside, that cars were all along the roads zooming past.
 
New York is busier than Tokyo.
 
Serena walked down the street. There were many food places open, and Serena stepped inside one called `StarBucks'. She ordered a coffee and a doughnut before heading back to the hotel lobby. She thought about what might happen during the tournament, whether Max would actually face Alan. She also thought about why the rock might have been stolen.
 
Was it because of the prophecy? Or was it for the beasts inside?
 
Serena's thoughts were interrupted by her cell phone ringing. “'Ello?”
 
“Can you please help me?”
 
“With what Max?”
 
“Training for the tournament!”
 
“I told you. You have to do it yourself.”
 
“Please?”
 
Serena heard someone say “Shut up!” in the background. “Fine. I'm in the lobby.”
 
Moments later, Max came running in. “Thanks.”
 
Serena stood up. “I didn't do it for you. The others were trying to sleep.”
 
Max led Serena to a park a few blocks from the hotel. For a while, Serena and Max bladed against each other. After that, the twins headed to the hotel where Kenny fixed Dracil. Before long, it was time to head to the arena. Once there, the group split up, Max heading to the blader waiting area and the others to their seats. As the group was walking, Serena saw her mom talking to two gentlemen. Serena silently left her friends and walked over.
 
“Can you please wait to arrest him later?” asked Ms. Judy.
 
“Yes. My son wants a chance to blade against him.” Serena saw that one of the gentlemen was her father.
 
“I'm sorry. We need to take him in. He stole from your research facility,” said the second man.
 
“What's going on?” asked Serena.
 
The adults turned to look at her.
 
“This man is trying to arrest Alan,” said Ms. Judy.
 
“You can't do that! Max wants to battle him!”
 
“I can and I-” The officer was interrupted by the P.A. system announcing the match between Alan and Max.
 
Mr. Tate smiled. “Now you will have to wait.”
 
The officer just glared at the P.A. system. Serena and her parents walked up to where they could see the battle.
 
“Who was he?”
 
“A detective.”
 
“An unhappy detective,” corrected Mr. Tate.
 
Serena looked at Mr. Tate. When did he get here?
 
The battle sure was a nail bitter; but after a draw and a few close calls, Max finally won.
 
/Max. Someone is here to arrest Alan./
 
[Thanks.]
 
Max said something to Alan and Serena saw them run out of sight.
 
“We better go find Alan,” said Ms. Judy.
 
Serena nodded. “Before the detective does.”
 
Unfortunately, the detective did find Alan before Serena and her parents did. The three Tates came across the BladeBreakers trying to stop the policeman from taking Alan.
 
“Sir. Please let Alan explain before you take him away,” said Ms. Judy.
 
The detective looked around at the group, then nodded; but he didn't let go of Alan's arm.
 
The explanation itself was short. In exchange for a powerful blade, Alan was to give a lady, who obviously wore a disguise, the rock. As it turned out, the blade was a dud. Alan just finished explaining when the detective decided it was time to go.
 
“I can't believe he did that just for a blade,” said Tyson.
 
“Sometimes people do crazy things when they are desperate,” said Mr. Tate.