Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 40

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 40
 
 
The next day, those who had traveled to New York left for Japan, Ms. Judy going also. Mr. Dickenson met the group at the airport to take them somewhere. Mr. Tate said he had to go back to the store. Serena was charged with taking the Tates' belongings back to the house. Ms. Judy was going to have Serena's room as it used to be the guest room. Once the belongings were dropped off, Serena logged onto her IM.
 
Brookereed: Hi Serena!
 
Bladergrl: Hey Kelsey. What's up?
 
Brookereed: I wanted to let you know that Joe, Angie, and I have to return to America this weekend.
 
Bladergrl: Why?
 
Brookereed: It's going to be summer vacation soon. Our families want us back home.
 
Bladergrl: Well, do you guys want to come over now? No one but me is home.
 
Brookereed: Sure! I'll call Angie and Joe. Maybe Angie will bring DDR!
 
Serena groaned as she logged off. She stunk at DDR. Kelsey must have moved fast, because less than thirty minutes later, the American Trio was on her doorstep. When Serena opened the door, Kelsey raced by into the living room.
 
“How much sugar or caffeine has she had today?” asked Serena.
 
“She's only had a soda and some candy,” said Joe.
 
The three looked at each other, scared.
 
“She doesn't have some sort of sugar withdrawal does she?”
 
Angie and Joe knew what Serena was talking about. They had heard stories of Max's sugar withdrawals.
 
“No. Not that we know-” started Angie.
 
“C'mon! Let's play DDR! I even brought CDs!” said Kelsey.
 
She held up a bag. Serena took it and looked inside. It was full of disco CDs, Kelsey's favorite kind of music.
 
For the next few hours, the four friends played DDR. Serena was the worst of them, even Kelsey, who played on the beginner level.
 
The front door opened and Mr. Tate came in. “Serena! What are you doing?”
 
Serena sighed. What does it look like I'm doing? “I'm playing games with my friends.”
 
Mr. Tate pointed at the American Trio. “Go home.”
 
Kelsey ran from the house while Angie and Joe packed up the game and left.
 
“What's the deal?” asked Serena.
 
“You should have asked me to invite friends over. I don't appreciate people coming over if I don't know about it.”
 
“Sorry sir.” Serena went into her room to clean it up for Ms. Judy. A tapping at the window drew her attention. She went over and opened it, allowing Nicole to come in.
 
“Why aren't you with the BladeBreakers?”
 
“I was in charge of bringing the luggage here. Now I have to clean my room so my…mom…can sleep in here. You better go. My dad won't like it that you're here. He doesn't like strangers in the house.”
 
Nicole started to say something, then stiffened. Footsteps were coming down the hall.
 
“See ya.”
 
Nicole disappeared just as Ms. Judy walked in. She looked around.
 
“Nice room.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
An awkward silence. Finally Ms. Judy sighed. “Can I ask a favor?”
 
Serena nodded.
 
“Can you do everything you can to help the BladeBreakers? The World Championship is going to be held here in Tokyo soon. I'm worried that since the rock was stolen, the Championship will be even harder for them. Whoever stole it may be able to take bitbeasts out of it. With those new bitbeasts, they may go after the BladeBreakers.” Ms. Judy got up and walked to the door, then turned. “Speaking of the rock, Mr. Dickenson is looking at the notes I had about it. Apparently, he had a rock just like the one at my facility; but his partner and the rock disappeared.” Ms. Judy walked out of the room.
 
/Is it time for the prophecy to be known?/
 
{Only if the rock is deciphered.}
 
/Will it?/
 
{Fate will decide.}
 
/But Fate can be predicted though./
 
{No.}
 
/Then why are there prophecies? And events can change them./
 
{At a price.}
 
At that time, Serena had to leave her room. Her new `room' was the living room on an air mattress.