Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 43

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 43
 
 
School was boring the next day and the day after that. The only exciting, but dangerous, thing that happened was that Max was stuck in a collapsed building with Miriam. Miriam had gone to take Dracil, but a PsyKick had destroyed the building they were in. It was now Thursday, and the Saint Shields had just challenged the BladeBreakers to a match at an abandoned amusement park. Everyone was nervous. On the way to the amusement park, Serena tried to cheer them up.
 
“Don't worry. You all have gotten stronger. You can beat them.”
 
“I wish I had your enthusiasm,” said Max.
 
Serena smiled, but deep down, Serena was nervous also. The Saint Shields might also try to take away Dragonia.
 
First up were Max and Miriam in the Wild West area. Dracil and SharkRash were trashing the saloon. The match went for a long time, but it ended in a draw. Unfortunately, Ozuma would not let the match end that way. He wanted all of the sacred bitbeasts to be sealed away.
 
Again, Dracil and Dragonia battled, and again the battle was long. This time though, Dracil and Max won. Miriam had a strange look on her face as the Saint Shields led them to another part of the park. Dunga went and stood by an unstable looking rollercoaster.
 
“Looks like they're saving you for last Tyson,” said Hilary.
 
“But what about Serena?” asked Tyson.
 
“There's no one to take my bitbeast. Nicole refused to continue trying to take my bitbeast,” answered Serena.
 
“But wouldn't the others try to take it?” asked Tyson.
 
“Nicole was the only one who was stronger then me,” said Serena.
 
“Not really.”
 
Nicole came up besides Serena.
 
“You bonded closer to your bitbeast making it stronger.”
 
Everyone became quiet again. Dranzer and Vortex Ape were fighting on the rails of the rollercoaster. They seemed to be evenly matched with Joseph launched his blade, Vanishing Moot.
 
“That's not fair!” cried Hilary.
 
“Are you friends so desperate to get our bitbeasts that they gang up?” asked Tyson.
 
“Apparently they are,” said Nicole sadly.
 
Ray stepped forward and launched his blade.
 
“Ray!”
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“You'll lose without-” Tyson was cut off as the rollercoaster collapsed.
 
Once the dust cleared, everyone saw the four blades still battling. It appeared that Ray was going to lose. His blade was close to stopping, when a flash of light flew across the sky and into his blade. Driger, the white tiger, appeared.
 
“He got Driger back! But how?” asked Kenny.
 
“I don't know. That's never happened before,” said Nicole in surprise.
 
Both Driger and Dranzer fought back Vortex Ape and Vanishing Moot. Serena looked over at Ozuma as Vortex Ape and Vanishing Moot stopped spinning. Ozuma looked furious.
 
“Will they be able to take my bitbeast?” Serena asked Nicole quietly.
 
“Only if they all gang up on you,” answered Nicole.
 
Ozuma pointed to Tyson. “Your bitbeast is next!”
 
Tyson nodded, which was unusual for him; because he would usually get excited about a challenge. Not this time though. This time, his bitbeast was at stake. The next match was at a castle garden.
 
“Do you think Tyson will be able to beat him?” asked Hilary.
 
“Let's hope so,” said Ray.
 
Everyone became silent as the bitbeasts appeared. Ozuma's bitbeast was a leopard made of flames. Apparently, Ozuma really wanted Dragoon sealed away, because Flame Leopard attacked Dragoon relentlessly.
 
“Ozuma! Calm down! Flame Leopard is going to burn out at this rate!” Miriam and the other Saint Shields tried to calm Ozuma down.
 
“They are not worthy of having the sacred bitbeasts!”
 
“Ozuma! You are taking your promise to Dad too far!” said Nicole.
 
“And you didn't! You promised him you would take away the black dragon bitbeast!” yelled Ozuma.
 
“D-d-dad?” Serena looked at Nicole.
 
“What? You don't see the family resemblance? Ozuma and I are siblings,” said Nicole.
 
Ozuma turned to Tyson. Dragoon was all ready failing and the blade was badly damaged.
 
“Give up your bitbeast or lose your blade!”
 
Tyson was silent for a while. Finally he spoke.
 
“We'd rather fight than give up.”
 
“What does he mean we?” asked Max.
 
“He must have communicated with Dragoon,” said Serena.
 
The two blades rushed for a final attack, causing dust to rise. Once it cleared, everyone saw both blades had stopped spinning.
 
“A-a tie,” said an amazed Miriam.
 
Ozuma picked up his blade and placed it in his pocket. The other Saint Shields stood beside him.
 
“I can see that the sacred bitbeasts are in good hands. We'll stick around though, to help.” The Saint Shields walked away, Nicole with them.
 
The BladeBreakers were happy, until Hilary pointed out something.
 
They may not try to take your bitbeasts; but the PsyKicks will keep trying.”
“Let's go practice then!” said Tyson.
 
“No. Tomorrow we continue practice. Right now, your blade needs to be fixed. Dragoon took a beating,” said Serena.
 
Tyson couldn't argue with that. “Fine, but tomorrow directly after school.”
 
“We do that anyways,” muttered Max.
 
The group headed over to Tyson's so the school going BladeBreakers could do homework; and to talk about a new training routine.