Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 44

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 44
 
 
To celebrate their victory, the group went to the shore the next day.
 
“Aren't we supposed to be practicing?” asked Tyson.
 
“Let your blade run in the sand,” said Serena.
 
“Why? It'll just slow down,” said Tyson.
 
“Who's the coach Tyson?” asked Serena.
 
“You are; but how will that help me?” asked Tyson.
 
Serena sighed and rubbed her temple. “You know what Granger? I'm here to take a break. You should too. You all won a major victory yesterday.”
 
“But we have the PsyKicks out there!” said Tyson.
 
Serena went and sat down on a blanket. Hilary didn't look up from her book.
 
“Do whatever you want Granger. I'm going to use this time to relax.” Serena laid down.
 
Max zipped by the blanket, throwing sand on it. He dived into the water, splashing Ray, who stood at the water's edge.
 
“Hey, watch it Max! That's water's cold!”
 
Max laughed and splashed Ray again.
 
“How much sugar has he eaten?” asked Hilary.
 
Serena closed her eyes. “I lost count after 10 tablespoons.”
 
Hilary groaned. A shadow came over Serena and Hilary. Serena turned over to glare at the shadow's owner. It was Kai with a beach umbrella. Kai laid it down, and then headed to another blanket.
 
“You take it Hilary. I want to get some sun,” Serena turned over again.
 
“Where? You're in your sleeveless top and long pants,” said Hilary getting up.
 
Serena sighed and stood up. She stripped off her shirt and pants, her boots all ready off. Underneath her clothes, Serena had a two-piece black bathing suit. Serena looked about, ignoring Hilary's stares at the scars on her back.
 
“Did they actually take me seriously about this being practice?”
 
Hilary opened her mouth to say something; but Serena glared at her, as if daring her to comment her on her back. Hilary closed her mouth.
 
“All of us did,” said Kenny.
 
Hilary cleared her throat and bent to put the umbrella in the sand. “Besides, we didn't think to bring our suits to school.”
 
Serena shrugged and laid down again.
 
“Hi guys!” Zeo came running up.
 
“Hey Zeo. Ready to train?” asked Tyson.
 
“Yeah, but isn't Serena going to help?”
 
Hilary looked up. “Today's a break day.”
 
“But I need to train!” said Tyson.
 
“Me too,” said Zeo.
 
Serena lifted her head. “Why?”
 
Zeo's face brightened. “I've been invited to participate in the World Championships!”
 
“Really?” asked Ray. He and Max had stopped their water war and came over.
 
“Yep.” Zeo pulled out a piece of paper. Everyone looked at it.
 
“Congratulations!” said Kenny.
 
“Now you'll be able to face me in a tournament,” said Tyson.
 
Hilary handed back the invitation. “Good luck.”
 
“Thanks, though I was hoping Serena would help me,” said Zeo.
 
Serena ignored Zeo. I shouldn't help him. He's going to betray all of us. Besides, I said today would be a break day.
 
“Looks like we have company,” said Max.
 
“Don't the PsyKicks ever give up?” asked Hilary.
 
Serena sat up and saw where the others were looking. A PsyKick was sneering at the group. Ray stepped forward.
 
“I'll take him.”
 
The PsyKick smirked then ran toward a rock cliff. Everyone but Serena followed.
 
They can handle it on their own. I don't have to be with them all of the time.
 
Serena turned herself to where she could see the rock cliff. She could see outlines; but from where she was, Serena couldn't see details. At the end of the match, Serena saw two blades fall into the water.
 
Whose were those?
 
The PsyKick rushed onto a boat, which drove away. Serena saw Dr. K at the back of it, looking at the rock cliff.
 
Who is she looking at?
 
Everyone seemed happy when they came back. They filled Serena in on what happened at the match. They PsyKick had launched two blades; and Zeo helped Ray out, but at the price of his blade.
 
“Now I'll never be able to be in the World Championships,” said Zeo sadly.
 
Tyson slung his arm around Zeo's shoulders.
 
“Sure you will. We'll get you a new blade. You'll need one to be a BladeBreaker.”
 
Zeo looked at Tyson, eyes wide.
 
“R-really? I'm a BladeBreaker?”
 
“Of course you are! You selflessly helped Ray,” said Max.
 
Serena got up off the blanket; not looking at the others for fear her mask of unemotionalism would fail and show her sadness.
 
I should be a team member, not Zeo. I've helped the BladeBreakers longer than he has. I've been training them, helping them against the groups after us. Besides, Zeo's going to betray them one day. It's only going to break their hearts.
 
“Come on. Let's go practice. We have to get ready for the World Championships,” said Ray.
 
“First we have to get Zeo a new blade,” said Kenny.
 
“Let's go to my dad's store. He'll probably take it out of mine and Serena's allowance, but we can get parts from him,” said Max.
 
Serena glared at Max. Speak for yourself.
 
Zeo brightened as the group packed up and headed to the store. Tyson held Serena back as the others walked into the store.
 
“I hope you don't mind that we invited Zeo to join our team instead of you.”
 
Of course I mind you idiot! Instead, Serena pasted a smile on her face. “I don't mind.”
 
“Then could you train Zeo like you do us? He's a member of the BladeBreakers now!”
 
“But my bitbeast will destroy his blade!”
 
“Then go easy. Just don't use any other blade but the one you use for us.” Tyson walked into the store.
 
What should I do? Go along with this, or stop being their coach and avoid Zeo? Go along with this, or tell them what Zeo will do?
 
“Hey Serena!”
 
Serena looked at Zeo.
 
“Can you help please? I'd like your opinion.”
 
Serena followed Zeo into the store, but didn't help make the blade. For one thing, Zeo was most likely going to use that blade when he became the enemy. For another, Serena's allowance wasn't going to be deducted if she didn't help. It was late in the day before the blade was done. There was no time for practice.
 
“You'll be there to cheer me on at the preliminaries right?” asked Zeo.
 
“Of course!”
 
“We wouldn't miss it for the world!”
 
“Good luck Zeo.” Serena stuck out her hand.
 
Zeo shook it and the betraying feeling came back stronger.
 
Soon. It's going to happen soon.