Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Family: Kai's Cold Beginnings ❯ Just the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: ^^

Tyson: Why is she happy?

Ray: She finally has time to start Kai's story.

Max: Good luck buddy.

Kai: O.O NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenny: --U

Wingzero: It's not going to be that bad.

Kai: --U Sure...



Why do I even bother sticking around? They were a bunch of amateurs. Still .... I have to admit they have grown since the first time I met them. When I met Tyson, he was just another wannabe beyblader. Sure, he can talk the talk, but can we walk the walk? Even though he made several mistakes, at least he learned from them. However, his eating habits have yet to be changed. Not to mention, his attraction to food. The first time I met Max, I thought he was either on drugs or had too much sugar. That kid was way too hyper and nice for his own good. Though, he does bring good defensive skills to the team. Rei had a dark past like mine. I can relate to him, out of all of them. Both of us have trained all of our life. He had some miscommunication with his team, which we later discovered to his distress.

Frowning, I gathered up my beyblade and launcher. My "team mates" were celebrating another good practice. Tyson and Max were practically suffocating the Chief as they sandwiched the genius between them. Yesterday, he worked on all of our beyblades and was up till one or two finishing them. Surprisingly, he was finished that early. Normally he would have been done at breakfast. I must admit he comes in handy though at times he appears to be more of a weakling. Ray smiled and watched their antics.

Turning around, I started walking off when I heard my name being called. Without looking back, I could tell who was calling me. What does Ray want? "What?"

"Where are you going?" the Chinese beyblader asked me. I soon felt his presence behind me.

"I'm going to eat dinner before Tyson," I replied coldly. "What does it matter to you?"

"Oh, nothing," Ray said hesitantly.

Hurrying to the dining area, I quickly sat down and ordered my meal. Knowing Tyson, he would eventually make his way up here. He always does especially when it involved food. His concentration was mainly on his stomach. It should be on beyblading and nothing else. Why did he even become a beyblader when he doesn't even take it serious? When he beyblades, he often heavily relied on Kenny for advice. Although once in awhile, he does have good advice, like the time I faced Johnny. Why am I thinking about him?

Oh look, the rest of the team has finally showed up. Laugh all they want, they weren't going to go far in this sport. Max had his arms around both Tyson and Ray as they talked about the different foods. I raised my brow at this. Max and Tyson I can understand, but Ray? Hopefully, they won't rub off on him. That was the last thing I need. Three Tysons.

"So here you are?" Tyson chirped as he took a seat. Max and Ray followed with Kenny waiting.

"Why do you care?" I scowled at him.

"You're a part of the team," Max said, trying to make me a part of the team.

"Tch," I mumbled.

"Scoot over Tyson," Ray told Tyson, who stuck his tongue out as a response. A glint appeared in his golden eyes before he shoved Tyson over, causing him to bump into me. Max laughed at our predicament, while Kenny shook his head.

I hissed at Tyson, who then grumbled at the Chinese beyblader. Just great, they were going to turn Ray into one of them. That was the last thing I needed. I don't have time to baby-sit the four of them and train for the next world tournament.

"Thanks a lot Ray," Tyson said very sarcastically.

"Yeah, thanks," Kenny said, finally being able to sit down.

"Any time," Ray teased the others. When they had finally calmed down, they picked up their menus and started looking over the selection. The three of them discussed what they were going to pick for dinner.

"Kai," Kenny spoke up after placing his menu down.

"What?" I asked.

The team genius then opened up his lap top and turned it on. Fortunately, Dizzi happened to be sleeping, since she had a hard day yesterday. I don't blame her, since I would probably be feeling the same thing. "I have found the information you were looking for."

I glanced over the screen after he had turned around his computer. On the screen, he had a chart of every bit beast we have faced in battle. It compared their power, defense, and endurance. Out of all the teams we faced, the Magnificents were by far the most challenging. They knew how to control their bit beasts, but they lacked team work, which was their downfall. If Johnny would have trusted his team mates, then he would have been able to escape, but fortunately for me, he didn't. Funny thing was that I too didn't believe in team work. However, it does have its benefits. These charts may help, but they didn't provide information about the beyblader.

"Good," I said out loud. I turned the computer to face Kenny, who abruptly started to type up a storm. What does that kid do anyways? He was always on his laptop doing something. Should I even be concerned? Nah.

After awhile, the waitress arrived with my food. While I was starting to eat my vegetable lasagna, the others ordered their meals. Tyson took forever to order his. It wasn't that he couldn't make up his mind. Oh, he knew what he wants. The trouble was that he wanted too much.

"Tyson, I don't think we have enough cash," Kenny argued against the food loving beyblader.

"Oh fine then," Tyson pouted. He crossed his arms over his chest. Once again, he looked over the menu and cut down his order to three items.

"And I thought I ate too much," Max said, a little surprise. He ordered one of the larger dishes.

"What do you want to do tonight?" Tyson asked the rest of us, including me. He looked at each and every one of us.

"I say we play truth or dare," Max chirped. He wanted to play that game ever since he was humiliated the last time. Actually, we only played it once, because I wouldn't allow them to play it while we were training.

"No," I said a little coldly. The last time we played, they couldn't train the next day. Tch, that placed us a day behind schedule, though I don't think Tyson minded that.

"And why not?" Max pouted this time.

"Remember what happened last time?" Ray spoke before I could say anything. There was hope for him, yet.

"Oh yeah." Blonde logic, go figure.

"We could watch a movie," Kenny suggested as he typed away on his laptop.

"We did that last time," Tyson whined. "I want to try something new."

"What do you have in mind then," Ray asked with a hint of amusement.

"I have no idea," Tyson said with a cheesy grin plastered on his face.

As the four of them argued on what they were going to do tonight, I finished eating my dinner as I didn't want to be around when Tyson received his food. How can they eat with him? I glared at the preoccupied beybladers. I lose my appetite, when I watch him eat. The others, I don't mind being around them. Even if they liked to eat, they at least had table manners, which is more than I can say for Tyson. As a matter of fact, why were my thoughts continually going back to him? It must be the pressure. It has to be the reason.

After finishing my dinner, I paid for my meal and turned to leave when I felt someone tug on my scarf. Looking back I found the others staring at me with Tyson hanging onto my scarf. "What is it now?" I glared at him.

"Why don't you stay?" Max asked, looking completely innocent.

"Because I have better things to do," I answered while pulling my scarf out of Tyson's hands.

"Fine be that way," Tyson said sarcastically.

Later that night, I went to bed earlier than the others, because unlike them, my training started at dawn. While they slept, I prepared myself to defend our title. Usually Ray would wake up after me. Kenny would be going to bed around the time Max wakes up. As usual, Tyson would wake up after everyone.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Dream Sequence^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why does this place look familiar? I remembered living here a long time ago. As I glanced around the room, old memories started coming back to me. My parents weren't exactly the richest or poorest. They managed to earn enough money to get by; however, we couldn't exactly indulge ourselves to eating at a restaurant.

Here I was sitting in my room, playing with my old toys. Mom had bought them at the salvation army, since they were too expensive at the toy store. This was better than getting nothing at all. I glanced at the free calendar. Today was my birthday. I was going to be turning six years old. Mom said she had something special for my birthday. They had been saving up for this day. I could tell, since Mom had been using a lot of coupons and buying food that had been already discounted. Dad had also helped by conserving on electricity.

The front door opened. My parents had come home from their jobs. Yes, they both worked so that we can afford the rent, food, and other necessities. I heard the both of them talking to each other as they did it. Yuck!! Good thing I was in a different room or I would have thrown up at the sight of them kissing.

"Kai, honey, we're home!" Mom announced. As if she needed to. The door made enough noise to alert me of their appearance.

I raced out the door once they had finished their mushy scene to find a birthday cake waiting for me. Oh wow!! I never guessed they could afford to purchase one. Normally, Mom would have made one or they would buy a cupcake. It was the thought that counts.

When I turned to Dad, he brought out a bag. Man, they were going all out on my birthday. They even bought food from that one restaurant. This was going to be the best birthday. He placed the bag on the table before I launched myself at him. I thanked him and Mom repeatedly. They exchanged huge smiles.

After dinner and the cake, I thought it was finished, but no, they were just getting started. Mom had grabbed something out of her purse. It was a small bag. Curiously, I took a peek and nearly bowled over my parents. They had bought me my own beyblade and launcher. I have been dropping hints ever since a friend of mine gave me his. This beyblade was a little worn down. My friend had recently designed his own beyblade so he had no use for his first one.

Once I had thanked my parents, I walked into my bedroom, admiring my new beyblade. I inspected it in detail. This didn't have any scratches or missing pieces as it was brand new. Most importantly, it was mine.

Suddenly, I heard yelling and arguing. Pressing my ear against the door, I heard my parents arguing against an older person. He had a commanding tone of voice. What did he want?

"I will be taking the child," the stranger announced.

"You can't," Mom protested against this man.

"I'll report this to the police," Dad said threateningly. I've never heard that use that tone of voice before. He was more of a laid back type of person, who was slow to anger.

"Go ahead," the man said smoothly. A few seconds later, a couple of startled gasps sounded throughout the room. Sturdy footsteps made their way to my door. I had a few seconds to move out of the way before my door flew open.

I scrambled to my bed, where I had left my beyblade. This strange man looked angry, very angry indeed. Why was he angry? I didn't do anything, did I? Of course not, I wasn't in the room, when they were arguing.

"Get your belongings packed," he ordered me. Why should I follow his instructions? Who was he to start giving me orders?

"Why should I?" I retorted while holding onto my beyblade.

"Because you're coming with me," the strange man folded his arms across his chest.

"What makes you think I'm coming with you?" I shot back at him, not moving a muscle. I didn't move an inch from my comfortable position on my bed.

"What makes you think I'm asking you," the stranger replied with authority in his voice. I don't like the tone of his voice one bit. Something told me he wasn't here for a friendly visit.

"I'm not going," I said firmly and scooted further away from him.

The stranger had turned around and ordered another person to pack my belongings. Hey those were mine!! Before I could speak, he had hauled me off my feet. The next thing I knew, he was walking out of my home.

As he was leaving with me in his arm, I glanced back at my parents. They both looked so helpless. Crying, they leaned against each other for support. That was the last time I ever saw my parents. I don't know what has become of them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Dream Sequence End^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up to the sound of Ray's soft breathing. If you're wondering, no we weren't sleeping in the same bed. We were sharing the room in separate beds. Out of the team, he was the one I could tolerate being in a room with for more than a few hours.

Turning my head, I glanced towards the window and could see the sun light filtering through the blinds. I must have woken up a little later than I should have. All because of that stupid dream of mine. When I looked back, I couldn't believe that I was so weak and pathetic. Still, I wondered where my real parents were. Also why did my Grandfather have to take me away?



Wingzero: What a starting chappie. I'm going to end it here.

Ray: Why here?

Wingzero: Cause I want to post it on Sat, with the rest of my fics.

Ray: Oh.

Tyson: Does that include mine.

Wingzero: YUP!!!

Kai: *still panicking*

DS: *throws ice cold water on Kai*

Kai: O.O AAAAYYYYYYIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone: *rolling on the floor laughing*