Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Family: Kai's Cold Beginnings ❯ Of Questions & Answers ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Look who's back!

Kai: I hope she isn't going to do mine.

Wingzero: XD

Kai: *runs and hides*

Wingzero: I would like to thank the people who suggested names. I've picked a name.

Ray: What is it?

Wingzero: You'll find out.



"What do you mean by 'I don't know?'" Tyson persisted.

"After spending my entire life devoted to beyblade, I don't know what I want," I answered him honestly, for a change.

"Oh okay," Tyson shrugged if off. "And in any case, what did Dee want you to talk to me?"

I mentally panicked. What was I supposed to talk to him about? 'Dralcian, what am I supposed to talk to him about?'

'Why not about your past?' She sent me mentally.

'The past is too painful,' I growled mentally at her.

'Tyson is giving you weird looks,' she informed me as I looked up to the confused face of Tyson. 'You're not going to mention about me being a... you know.'

'Of course not,' I assured her. "What would you like to talk about?"

"How did you end up at the Abbey?" Tyson started off.

"I didn't used to be this way," I sighed at the memories. "My grandfather took me away from my parents, when I was young. He basically tried to mould me into the perfect beyblader. Then he met, Boris. After awhile, he decided that I should be trained at the Abbey."

"How could he take you away from your parents?" Tyson growled at the thought.

"I have no clue, but some day, I will find them," I said with determination.

"And you have the rest of us behind you," Tyson chimed with a little too much enthusiasm.

I nodded my head, acknowledging that piece of information. "Is there anything else you would like to know?"

"Why do you distance yourself?" Tyson asked with a serious voice.

"My training," I sighed again. "Boris trained me to be an emotionless beyblader, who only follows instructions. I might as well be a machine, because that's what he expected me to become." I leaned against the wall.

"He can't do that to you!" Tyson said in indignation.

"He can and he did," I said with regret. "But that's in the past. I am no longer with the Abbey."

"That's good to hear," Tyson said. His cheerful attitude returned. He came up to me and stared at me before asking, "What are those?"

"These are my 'punishment,'" I informed him as he touched my blue triangles with his soft hands. "When I was first brought to the Abbey, I wanted to get out of there. I ran away as soon as I could. That was when Tala and I had our first match against each other. I managed to pull off a win, which caught everyone off guard. That allowed me to make my escape. I thought I had eluded them, but Boris managed to find me. He forced me to stay still as someone gave me these." I could feel his soft fingers touching my skin.

"I'm sorry," Tyson apologized as his hand dropped to his side.

"You don't have to apologize," I assured him. "You're not the ones who did this to me."

"I was just wondering," Tyson's voice trailed off.

"Wondering what?"

"How did you meet Dee?" Tyson brought up that subject out of the blue.

"Why do you ask that?" I wanted to know why he brought that subject up.

"Because you two are like complete opposites, but you two grew up together," Tyson reasoned.

"Let's just say Dee had some unique talents that required her to be herself," I tried to find an answer that wouldn't get the silver falcon into trouble. "I on the other hand am no different than any other beyblader there."

"How did you meet her?" Tyson asked me again.

"Shortly after was captured, I had my tattoos done and was thrown into one of the cells," I said closing my eyes. In truth, I didn't want him to see what was going on with me. "It wasn't too long before Dralcian came. I was in my 'room' when Boris came dragging her in. She was extremely mad and pissed off. It took nearly a dozen men, just to contain her. A few times, she had nearly gotten loose, except they would gang up against her. Before they threw her into her 'room' they placed an electronic collar on her. They allowed her to break loose, but this time, Boris activated the remote, sending an electric shock throughout her body. She eventually gave in and allowed herself to be led into her 'room' which was directly next to mine."

"That's when you first saw her?" Tyson inquired softly.

"Yes, over time she started talking to me, as there was no one else to talk to," I continued. "Needless to say, we became 'friends' if you were to call it that. I soon learned that they had been experimenting on her to make her more powerful than she already is. They came practically every day to give her a shot."

"That must have been painful," Tyson said with a little pain.

"In time, we told each other our secrets," I said, while keeping my eyes closed. "And no, I can't tell you because I promised her that I would keep it a secret."

"I understand," Tyson said with seriousness that I thought he never had. "When she's ready, she'll tell the rest of us. How did you escape them?"

"I didn't escape," I said with regret.

"How then......" his voice trailed off.

"My grandfather needed me to complete a mission for him," I informed the clueless beyblader. "He wanted me to find him the most powerful bit beast and steal it. While I was gone, Dee made her escape; though I could tell it was while I was with the Blade Sharks."

"And it's only now, you broke away from them?"

"Yes," I said opening my eyes. "They're still out there, waiting. Dralcian and I won't be safe until they're gone for good. Even if we broke all our connections to them, they will still be hunting us down."

"Then we'll just have to stand up to them," Tyson said with sheer determination.

I opened my eyes and glanced over towards him. "You don't get it do you?" When I saw his surprised expression, I answered his silent question. "This isn't some game, where you can push the off button and make it all go away. This is real life and face it, you'll have to live with the consequences for every decision you make."

"I'm not a child," Tyson glared at me. "I understand it. I was there too. I saw the laboratory with all the bit beasts in them. I know what kind of people we're up against."

"That's good to hear," I said with a faint smile. "Because we are going to be training; should they ever come up against us."

"I understand why you train us so hard," Tyson said as we stood there looking into each other's eyes. "You're just trying to protect us."

I nodded my head to answer yes. "By the way, Dralcian will be staying with us."

"Does that mean she's on our team?" Tyson inquired.

"It's up to her, but she needs a place to stay," I said, turning to leave.

'Of course, I'll say yes,' Dralcian chirped mentally.

"Speaking of which, where are they?" Tyson asked me as he walked up to me.

"They're somewhere," I said, following the giggling.

Upon reaching Ray and my bedroom, I found the silver falcon lying on my bed. Ray and Max were on Ray's bed. They each wore huge grins on their faces as they hid something behind their backs. Before I could even wonder what it was, three pillows soon hit Tyson's face. I had a feeling that I wouldn't like it so I ducked just in time to see three fluffy projectiles hit him.

"Gotcha!" Max giggled as he collapsed on the bed.

"Cute, Maxie," Tyson said sarcastically as he used Max's nickname.

"The pizzas should be here by now," Ray said, glancing over at the clock. True, it was over half an hour. What was keeping them so long?

"Well, we don't have to pay the full price," Tyson said, trying to lighten the mood.

"True," Dee shrugged. "And in any case, I don't mind waiting." She stood up and plopped down to a certain Chinese beyblader, who blushed a faint pink.

"I don't think you would," I said, keeping my eye on the both of them.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Max spoke up.

We all stared at each other, wondering what we would do to occupy our time while we wait for lunch to arrive. As we walked over here, Tyson and I could hear the symphony of keys being pushed. The Chief had been busy, recording our stats and researching. That should keep him busy for awhile, but we had nothing to do.

"So who wants to play truth or dare?" the blonde asked the entire group. Oh great, not this again.

"We are definitely not playing that," I huffed at him. I seriously didn't want to waste another day, because they were too tired or too embarrassed to train.

"Maybe we can do something else," Tyson suggested. "How about we train?"

Ray and Max completely fell of the bed in shock. They heard Tyson actually suggest we go train, instead of goofing off. I guessed he took what I had said earlier very serious. Well, all I can say was that it was about time. The silver falcon had an amused look on her face as she glanced over at the owner of a white tiger. She then helped the shocked owner back onto the bed.

"But you never want to train," Ray found his voice.

"Maybe I have a reason to now," Tyson said a little indignantly.

"So was that what you were talking about?" Max asked, managing to find his way back to the bed without any assistance.

"It could be," Tyson said mischievously. He glanced in my direction. I shook my head no, indicating that I didn't want him to tell the others. "I promised Kai I wouldn't tell anyone about what we talked about it, and no Max you can't pry it out of me."

The blonde pouted on the bed before sighing deeply. "You did promise him."

"That sounds fine by me," Ray shrugged as he stood up. He turned to the only girl in the room. "Do you have a bit beast?"

"Um, no I don't," Dralcian said nervously.

"Tyson will go up against Max, and you will be facing me," I said, coming to her rescue. "The winners will face each other."

"Sure thing," Max said, while jumping off the bed, causing the silver falcon bit beast to land on the floor. She glared at him as she rubbed her rear end.

We all shook our heads and massive sweatdropped. That boy was way too hyper for his own good. What did he eat? Pure sugar? As we passed by Kenny's room, we informed him that we will be training outside. The Chief, wanting to keep our stats updated, had eagerly snapped his laptop shut, much to the complaints of Dizzi. Within minutes, we walked towards the bey stadium located near our apartments.

First up was Tyson versus Max. They both stood there with their launchers ready. Dralcian counted down as she acted as the referee for the battle. Since she wasn't going to be beyblading, she took it upon herself to act as the referee. Kenny could have done it, except he was recording the battle and taking detailed notes on it. As she said those three words, both bladers launched their beyblades into the stadium.

Tyson's blade circled the stadium, as he prepared for an attack, while Max's blade pretty much stayed in the same location. Typical of those two. Can you guess which style of blading these two use? It wasn't hard to tell, just by looking at them. I could see Dralcian watching the entire battle very closely.

"Tyson, quit running around in circles and attack!" I growled at him. "Max, you can't always be in defense."

"Okay, Draciel switch to offense," Max commanded his bit beast as he acknowledged me.

"Dragoon, phantom hurricane!" Tyson ordered his bit beast.

Soon the winds picked up as Tyson's beyblade circled the stadium, picking up speed as it went. In the mean time, Max's beyblade had a tough time, catching up the dragon. His Draciel tried to catch up, but she fell behind. The blonde had a moment of inspiration, where he decided to go the opposite direction. Instead of trying to catch up with the storm dragon, he will meet the other beyblade head on. Max called out to Draciel to hurry, because Dragoon's phantom hurricane was picking up speed. Within half a minute, Tyson's beyblade landed in front of his feet.

"You're too predictable," I chastised him.

"I learned in order to win, you have to use different strategies and techniques, depending on whom you're going up against," the silver falcon spoke up.

"That's true," Ray agreed with her.

"I change my defense style with every opponent," Max informed the rest of us. Like we didn't know that in the first place. Of course, he changed it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, even Tyson could if he thought hard enough.

"You shouldn't be too dependent on Dragoon," Kenny reminded him. "There are other elements to beyblading other than the strength and power of your bit beast."

"Okay," Tyson said sheepishly. "Maybe you guys can teach me."

"We can't teach you that," Dralcian sighed. "It's something that you have to learn from experience, though we can point you in the right direction."

"We can do that," Max chirped as he caught his beyblade. "No problem at all."

"I'll help too," Ray also volunteered. "What about you Kai?"

I glanced around at my team mates, who were looking at me expectantly. What? Did they expect me to answer yes? When I glanced at their faces, I was right. They wanted me to help Tyson, being the team captain and all. I had my duties to my team mates. As being captain, I had to help train them to reach their full potential, though I wish Tyson would take my advise every once and awhile. Except when it comes to an actual tournament, my advice goes in one ear and out the other. Sometimes, I wondered if he has an empty skull.

'Why not help him?' Dee telepathed to me.

'Why should I?' I thought back to her.

'Because you like him,' she teased me.

'No, I don't,' I shot back at her.

'That's what you keep saying,' Dee said. 'One day, you'll thank me.'

'Fat chance,' I sent.

'Trust me on this one,' she sent.

"Fine, I'll help," I said, appearing to be irritated.

"Sheesh, it's not like it's going to kill you," Tyson huffed at me.

"With you anything is possible," I snorted as Ray and I exchanged places with the two beybladers.

As soon as we exchanged places, Dee jumped up and down, saying that the pizza had arrived. "Come on!"

"She must be hungry," Ray observed as we walked towards the apartment.

"You think?" I said sarcastically, to which I received a playful slap from a certain bit beast. "She can eat almost as much as Tyson."

"She can really eat that much?" Max asked, with wide eyes.

"Yeah," I informed them.

"You know I can hear you," Dralcian said a little on the irritated side.

"Of course you can," I said.

During lunch Dralcian and Tyson pretty much ate most of the pizza, though I can understand for her. She had a higher metabolism than the average human or bit beast. With the experiments they had done to her, they caused her to burn more calories. Ray and Max had about the same amount of slices. Kenny and I had the least amount of slices out of all of them. With the Chief, he was the smallest out of all of us; therefore, he didn't eat as much. Within our group, Tyson was the messiest eater. Dralcian and I had the best table manners.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the afternoon?" I asked everyone.

"We don't have to train?" Tyson asked, falling out of his chair.

"It's not everyday, an old friend comes by," Dee said cheerfully. She was standing next to an uncomfortable neko-jin.

"True," Ray said nervously.

"Maybe we can visit the park?" The silver falcon suggested.

"Okay," the other quickly agreed to this.



Wingzero: Okay, that's it for tonight.

Kai: Phew.

Wingzero: And the All Starz make their appearance.

Michael: Finally!

Emily: I wouldn't be too sure about it.

Steve: Huh?

Eddie: Let's just get this over with.