Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Family: Kai's Cold Beginnings ❯ An Old Acquaintance ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: I'm back and this chappie's not as good as I could write it. Oh well.

DS: She's introducing a new character.

Ray: Who's that?

Wingzero: You'll have to find out.



End of Flashback

"Did anyone ever tell you that you think too much," a feminine voice broke my train of thoughts.

I glared in the direction of this person, only to find her. "It's only you." I said quickly. Wait a minute, there was something familiar about her.

"What kind of greeting is that?" She huffed.

"You look familiar," I said, rubbing my chin.

"Course I do," she chirped. "Who else do you know is a bit beast?"

"I thought you were male," I blinked with disbelief.

"Actually, I'm both," she replied.

"How can you be both male and female?" I questioned her.

"Don't ask me, cause I don't know," she folded her across her chest.

"Forget I even asked," I sighed. She wasn't the type to give up that easily.

"Why don't you tell him?"

"Tell who?" I raised my brow with curiosity.

"Tell Tyson," she said exasperated.

"Oh so now you're reading my mind again," I growled at her. Though I was peeved at her invading my privacy, I was kind of glad to see her. It had been such a long time, since we had seen each other.

"And what if I am?" She giggled.

"I'm glad Boris hasn't changed you that much," I said, looking away from her.

"If he did, he will be dealing with one angry bit beast," she smirked proudly. "Besides, he knew that if he tried to change me, it would only be disastrous."

"Is that so?" I wondered out loud.

"Yes," she answered, taking a seat next to me. "We often relied upon our emotions, during battle. The stronger we feel the stronger our attacks become."

"So the Demolition Boy's bit beasts weren't as strong as they could be?" I questioned her.

"You could say that," she shrugged. "And I'm not letting you off the hook that easily."

"Off the hook?" I wondered what she could be talking about until I remembered Tyson.

"Yeah," she grinned mischievously. "Aren't you going to admit your feelings for him?"

"I don't even know what feelings I have," I answered her truthfully, as I watched the people pass us by. They had no idea, they were this close to ..... I don't want to think about it.

"Guess, you're right there," she said, staring in the same direction as me. "Why don't you go talk to him?"

"Because I just got into a fight with him," I answered sheepishly.

"About what?" she inquired as to my fight.

"About me not having friends," I informed her.

"You have me," she said hastily. "We're friends, best friends."

"You thought of our relationship as friends," I said, glancing around. "I guess you could be right. They don't know about it."

"They as in your team mates or they as in the Abbey?"

"Both," I sighed.

"Just talk to him," she kept on saying.

"... I don't have to," I answered with a serious face.

"Don't make me," she threatened me with the worse.

"Oh like that's going to......" I couldn't finish my sentence as she attacked me with her fingers. I tried so hard not to laugh, but I ended up doing it anyways.

"I give! I give!" I shouted to her.

"Now you will at least talk to him," she stated in a firm voice.

"Fine," I grumbled in a low voice.

"I knew you'd see things my way," she chirped before sliding off.

"Whatever," I replied to her. She may be annoying at times, but she was trying to be helpful. "Lunch should be ready by the time I go back."

"Would you mind if I met the rest of the team?" She asked politely.

"Okay, but you do not transform in front of them," I warned her.

"I swear I won't," she made a pledge.

I knew I can trust her, if she swore that she wouldn't do it. Not too long after I had been at the Abbey, these strange men came and dragged this young boy into the next holding cell. From the looks of it, he seemed pretty worn out and tired. We talked each other at night, since we didn't want to be caught socializing. I quickly learned that he had the power to heal, mind reading abilities, and control the element of air. "That's good."

She giggled in response to this. "So what are your team mates like?"

"You probably don't want to know," I sighed at the thought of explaining them to her. She would most likely run the opposite direction.

"I doubt that I will be running away," she giggled again after reading my thoughts.

"Haven't you heard of privacy?" I retorted.

"Haven't you heard of a conversation," she smirked.

"............"

"Thought so," she laughed before turning the corner.

"So I thought you were at the Abbey," I said, trying to start a 'conversation.'

"I escaped," she shrugged off. "That collar can't keep me there forever. Eventually, I found a way to remove it."

"Dee," I said with a serious voice. "You know they won't let you go that easily."

"I know," she sighed exasperatedly. "They kept chasing me for weeks until I completely thrown them off my tracks."

"How's that?" I questioned her with disbelief.

Dee smiled and answered, "They didn't know I was both male and female so I stayed in my female form."

"I see," I said rubbing my chin. "So you eluded them by altering your appearance. Interesting."

"Quit analyzing me," Dee playfully pushed me, before sprinting off.

"You don't know where......." I tried to say before she cut me off.

"I read it," she waved back at me, before taking off.

What was the use? Dee will be Dee. Sometimes, she was too nosy for her own good. At least, they haven't changed her personality. I didn't know if I would be sane, after what they had put me through. She, no he, basically helped through that. I didn't consider him to be a friend, just another classmate and prisoner.

If I was going to catch up with her, I had better start running. I picked up my speed and caught up with her as we were in the home stretch. Why wasn't she using her full strength? I meant she could outrun me any time of the day. Why would she allow me to catch up with her?

'You ask too many questions,' she spoke to me mentally.

Upon hearing her, I nearly stumbled, but somehow I managed to regain my balance. I glared at her as she let me catch up. 'I hate it when you do that.'

'You need to take a chill pill.'

'You need to act more serious.' I thought back to her.

'Yeah, but considering what we've been through, I'm just making up for lost time.' She pouted mentally. I hate it when she does that.

'Just try not to act like Tyson,' I groaned mentally at having two annoying people to deal with.

'He can't be that annoying,' she turned her face towards me. Confusion clearly written on it.

'You just watch and see,' I mentally put out. I can't communicate mentally, but she seemed to know whenever I wanted to talk to her and read it.

We had made good time, getting back to the apartment. She didn't look like she was out of breath, while I was slightly winded. I needed to exercise more. Enough about that. I had other things to worry about such as a certain bit beast wanting me to talk to a certain team mate of mine. I quickly shoved the key into the lock and turned.

"It isn't much," I said, allowing her to walk in first, and then closed the door after us.

"It's more than I have," Dee said, looking around the apartment.

When we had reached the kitchen, everyone stared at her and me. Their mouths literally where hanging down and touching the floor. I waved my hand in front of their faces.

"Who is she?" Ray asked, being the first one out of the group to find his voice.

"She's an old acquaintance of mine," I replied casually. "She happened to be in the neighborhood so I invited her over."

"Are you really Kai?" Max asked with complete surprise and shock.

"Yes, it's me," I said sarcastically.

"Why don't you introduce me to your team mates?" she suggested.

"Dee, this is Tyson, Max, Ray, and Kenny," I pointed to each one as I said their names.

"I'm also called Chief," Kenny added that piece of information.

"Nice to meet you," Dee said with a smile on her face. I kept noticing her attention would always go back to my Chinese team mate.

"We were going to order pizza," Max informed us. He handed over the list that he had been writing. At least, his writing was somewhat legible.

As I looked over the list, it had on several items. Figures, since Tyson was eating. The others ate moderately, or at least they do most of the time. Dee, on the other hand, could eat as much as Tyson, but she/he had a higher metabolism due to the experiments Boris did.

Picking up the pencil Max was using, I hastily written down what I wanted and what Dee would want. Knowing her, she wasn't too picky about toppings, except she hated pepperoni and anchovies. I don't mind the first, but I hated the second with a passion. She glanced over my shoulder to see what I was writing when I handed it over to Kenny. He sat up and walked over towards the phone to make the order, while we lounged around.

"How do you know Kai?" Ray asked her.

"We grew up in the Abbey," she answered off handedly.

Three pairs of eyes blinked at her. They had seen what the Abbey was like, and they had known what they did to the children there so they were a little shocked by the way she told them. Heck, I would be completely surprised, if I hadn't known her.

"You and Kai seemed to be different," Ray pointed out that fact.

"How are you more social than him?" Tyson asked bluntly.

"I've been out longer than he has," Dee said, trying to cover up her mistake.

"Okay," Tyson said, though it seemed he had a hard time accepting it.

"It must have been harsh," Max commented.

"Yeah, I don't like being experimented on," she grumbled out loud.

"That stinks," Tyson blurted out.

"I know," she sighed, leaning against the wall.

"I thought they experimented on bit beasts," Ray spoke up.

"Don't forget, they experimented on Tala, and he was human," Tyson spoke up.

"So you were one of the lucky people," Ray said sarcastically.

"Yeah, lucky me," she replied, though she never told them she was a bit beast.

"You were fortunate enough to have escaped," I pointed out that fact.

"True," she said thoughtfully. "Not many people have escaped the clutches of Boris. In a way, we are fortunate."

"So what do we do?" Max asked bored.

"I don't know," Ray said before a female voice interrupted.

"Max, Ray, could I talk to you," she said out of the blue, before dragging the two males out of the room. Oh no.

'Talk to him.' She sent me mentally as they had left our sight.

'What am I supposed to say to him?'

'Tell him how you feel.'

By this time, Kenny had left the room. Most likely he was working on our beyblades. That boy needed another hobby. I glanced over to the only other occupant in the room, Tyson. What was I going to say to him?

"Why didn't you tell us about her?" He asked me.

"Because I didn't know she escaped until today," I answered while turning away.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Tyson inquired.

"What makes you think that?" I stepped back.

"The way you act around her," Tyson shrugged off.

"I have known her for a very long time and she was the only one I could completely trust while I was at the Abbey," I informed him. "I see her more as a sister and best friend."

"I thought you said that you didn't have any friends," Tyson was now confused.

"I didn't think of her as a friend until she pointed it out to me," I sighed. "We had to keep low, because if they found out, I will be punished."

"That's horrible," Tyson said sympathetically, before walking over to me. He gave me a gentle squeeze on my shoulder.

"I know," I sighed. "There are things in life, which we cannot hope to obtain; yet, we desire it."

"What are you talking about?" Tyson tilted his head in curiosity.

"I'm referring to...." I tried to explain it to his simple brain. "We can't always get what we want. It's simple as that."

"Oh," he said. Understanding dawned on him. "What do you want?"

"To be honest, I don't know."

Wingzero: I need a name for my oc. His/her nickname is Dee, but I need a name that starts with Dr-. By the way, he/she is a silver falcon bit beast. She has the power to heal, read minds, and control air.