Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Family: Kai's Cold Beginnings ❯ Bit Beast Interference ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: ^^U I have no idea where I'm heading with this fic.

Kai: Say what!!!!

Wingzero: ^^ Chill out, Kai. You know all my fics turn out to be good.

Kai: Says you.

Wingzero: Oh contraire Kai, my reviewers like it and in any case, I think I have an idea for another one staring you and Ray. By the way, where is he?

Kai: He's your boyfriend.

Wingzero: You're his team captain.

Max: Hi there!

Wingzero: Have you seen Ray?

Max: He's taking a bath.

Kai: --U Typical.

Wingzero: *eyes glow green signaling the activation of her zero system*

Kai: O.O!!! *runs away screaming like a girl*

Max: *rotflol*

Man, I loathed those flashbacks I've been having recently. Why was I having these memory lapses? Why right now? I have a hard time, dealing with these new emotions and they weren't helping at all. I figured I repressed them so I didn't have to deal with them. That was what I get for being cold hearted, if I even had a heart. Out of all people, why Tyson? I needed to clear my head. Perhaps, I should train. Nah, the night sky had arrived and I wasn't about to blade at night. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't afraid of the dark, not in the least bit. The darkness conceals people and objects. Boris and his henchmen can be hiding in those shadows, waiting for me to drop my guard.

"What else is there to do?" I sighed out loud, not caring if I was talking to myself. I thought by now the silver falcon would have made her entrance mentally, but I was wrong. I also hate admitting I'm wrong. She was either absorbed in the movie or in her new found friend.

Thinking about it, I could use this time to look up information on my parents, but we don't have a computer here. Kenny was the only one who had a computer and he takes that thing everywhere with him. He needed a new hobby other than computers. There goes another idea down the drain.

I wanted to find my parents so badly after I had joined the Abbey. Sometimes, I would sneak out at night with the help of Dralcian and hack into their computers. It didn't take long for me to break their code as they had trained me for that purpose. I was trained to be able to find and collect bit beasts for Voltaire, my grandfather. I wouldn't exactly call him my grandfather, because he sure didn't act like one.

FLASHBACK!!!! (Kai @ age 11)

"Dee, be careful you're going to get us caught," I whispered harshly to him.

"You worry too much," Dralcian whispered back to me. "Besides I can modify their memories."

"You shouldn't be relying on that power of yours," I scolded him.

"I know," Dralcian sighed. He poked me in the ribs and pointed to an oncoming guard. I was almost about to leave the ventilation shaft when he jabbed me.

We both waited in silence as he made his way around the room. He took his sweet time, making sure that everything was secure. I thought we were going to die from old age when he moved into the next room. We decided to wait longer, before we emerged, because there wasn't enough covering for the both of us and the guard was in the next room.

"You need to disable the cameras," I whispered to him.

The silver falcon nodded his head. Narrowing his eyes, he concentrated on the cameras, which then started to spark. As soon as they were out of commission, we moved out. I headed towards the main computer area, making sure that I had my gloves on. When they discover someone hacked into their precious main computer, I didn't want them tracing it back to me.

I typed in the password and navigated through the several files. There had to be something on my parents. The Abbey kept records on everyone who stayed there. They also even had the ones who failed. I don't know why, so don't ask. Dang it, they must have a file on me and my parents. I typed furiously away at the keyboard while my companion watched out for anyone coming our way. Just as I was about to give up, I found my file.

"Found it," I whispered. "Let's see what we have here." I clicked on the folder to discover it contained my past history with my grandfather, my statistics, and the experiments they have done on me. However, they contained nothing previous to my life with my grandfather. I cursed out loud.

"I take it they didn't have any information on your parents," Dralcian observed. "Don't worry, you'll find them one of these days. It's only a matter of when."

"Thanks, I guess," I sighed. He usually tried to see the glass as half full. "I was kidnapped at a young age by my grandfather. I'm starting to forget my parents." I hung my head low. "I can remember bits and pieces, but they're starting to fade away."

"I know the feeling," Dralcian spoke up as he comforted me. "I felt the same thing when I was growing older."

"You're over a millennium old," I remarked. "That isn't normal for humans."

"Who ever said I was human?" Dralcian smirked.

"I should have seen that coming," I whispered.

"Quickly, we have to leave," Dralcian spoke urgently. He used his telekinesis to log me out of the system and erase any trace of my snooping. I seriously needed that power. It was very useful, especially for these situations.

I picked up the bit beast and carried him over to the ventilation area as he was concentrating on the computer. Carefully, I pulled the both of us in and shut the door just as Boris entered the room. Dralcian finished moments before Boris looked at the computer. What was he doing here in the middle of the night?

"Sir, we have discovered recent activity from this terminal," a guard informed him.

"Find out who has been snooping through my files," Boris ordered the guard. He placed his hand on his chin and rubbed it. "Have a few of your men, check on our students. I highly doubt it is one of them, but I don't want to take any chances."

Motioning my companion to follow, we quickly headed back to our rooms. The other children knew to keep quiet, because they didn't want the wrath of a bit beast upon them. Dralcian tended to be very violent, when he was defending someone he cares about. I wouldn't want to be in that position, even with my upgrades. We both landed in my room as it was harder for me to escape. The silver falcon immediately went into his own room and laid on his bed, before pulling the covers over.

I followed suit. They were expecting us to be sleeping. We can fool the guard into thinking that we were sleeping. The guards rushed into our area, checking to make sure that everyone was fast asleep. Once they were finished, they exited the area in haste to catch the intruder.

"That was a close one," Dralcian let out a breath.

"I know," I said, pulling the cover off of me. "I don't know what I should do."

"Don't worry, when we're both out of this place, I'll help you find your parents," Dralcian said confidently.

"Thanks," I said, staring at the ceiling. "I never imagined my life to turn this way."

"Do you think I knew I would be used as an experiment?" Dralcian asked. He turned over in his bed to face me.

"No," I said softly. "None of us expected this. I wished I escaped when I had the chance to."

"When was that?" Dralcian asked curiously.

"When they brought me here," I explained to him. "I was sent to battle Tala. They were completely shocked I won and I used that brief moment in time to escape. I managed to exit the building, but they were still after me. I hid myself in a bookstore, but they somehow found me and dragged me back here." I fingered the blue triangles on my face. "These are my punishment for trying to escape."

"Life is cruel," Dralcian said, shifting around in his bed.

"That it is," I completely agreed with him.

"I don't know about you, but I need my rest," Dralcian yawned. "They're going to be putting me through the ringer tomorrow or should I say today."

"Very funny," I said sarcastically. "Anyways, good night."

"Good night to you too," Dralcian said. His breathing became even, signaling that he was asleep.

"I wish I could have found you," I spoke out loud to no one. I pulled a picture of my parents from underneath my pillow. "I miss you two very much and one of these days, I'll find you and make him pay for what he did to us. Mark my words." With that, I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

END FLASHBACK!!!!!

Just great, I had another one of those flashbacks. Today wasn't my day. Hopefully, I won't be having any more. As much as I wanted to find my parents, I don't think I could handle my current emotional situation along with these brief glimpses into my past. I needed to figure out my relationship with Tyson. Too bad it wasn't that easy like Ray's and Max's relationships. They knew that they liked their girls, but I had no clue if I liked him.

Sure, our first meeting wasn't the greatest. I had challenged him to a beyblade battle and won. Do you know why? I had a powerful bit beast contained in my blade and I had the experience to back me up. Tyson was a rookie at that time. He had no clue what bit beasts were and didn't own one either. It was during my second match with him that he finally attained a bit beast. It was a storm dragon, the complete opposite of my bit beast. The elements of our bit beasts were complete opposites like we were. We were as night is to day and day is to night. Of course, you knew who the day is and who the night is. It wasn't hard to figure out.

Tyson was the day. With his outgoing personality and his cheerfulness, it wasn't hard for him to be bright and bubbly. Me on the other hand, I was dark as night. My dark past only served to shape me into what I was now. My eyes held my emotions even though I don't show it. It was hard for me to open up to other people and to express my feelings to them. I wished on some level that I could be more like Tyson. He doesn't give a rip what other people think of him, which allowed him to be himself.

I glanced over towards the clock and groaned. It wasn't time for me to go to sleep, but I was bored. There wasn't anything good on TV as they were all reruns. Besides, I hate love stories. They were completely mushy and the women hardly wore any clothes. What were they trying to teach the youth? When I watched those shows, I wanted to hurl. Then there were the action shows. They were also geared towards the younger generation. I would have watched them, but they were so predictable. The good guys beat the bad guys and some good guy got the girl. Not hard to figure out at all. Now, they were trying to incorporate women into their shows. If the protagonist happened to be female, she beats up the bad guys and gets the man of her dreams. That was still sickening.

The others should be arriving in an hour or two, depending if Tyson didn't eat everything in the restaurant. Where did he put all that food? One of these days, Judy should study Tyson. He was a living miracle. Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean he was a miracle. It was that he ate enough food to feed an army, but he wasn't fat so where did everything go? Don't even say it. I knew you were thinking it and trust me, it was disgusting.

"When will this nightmare end?" I groaned out loud to an empty apartment. Well, I had originally thought it was empty.

"I don't view it as a nightmare," a soft feminine voice reached my ear. I turned around to see a girl with long red hair and blue eyes. She wore a simple ice blue dress that reached down to her knees. On her feet, she had a pair of black slippers with red flowers on them.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" I demanded to know.

"I'm your bit beast, Dranzer and I was with you the entire time," she answered both of my questions. "We are forbidden to see our masters, but since the elders are gone, the rules no longer apply to us."

"What happened to the elders?" I inquired.

"No one knows," Dranzer said, flopping on the vacant spot beside me. "With all of us sealed up, I don't know who's going to be taking over their position or if anyone wants to. I'd hate to be the one who has to watch over all the bit beasts."

"There is one of you who hasn't been sealed," I informed the clueless phoenix. "He or she is with my team mates."

"What do you mean?" Her expression changed to a confused one.

"I mean there is a bit beast, who remains unsealed," I said, trying to make it simpler than it already was. "This bit beast has two forms. It can be either male or female, as I recently discovered."

"Wow, so where is this bit beast?" Dranzer asked.

"At the movies," I replied. "Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

The fire bird nodded her head. "I can feel your emotions and they're confusing me. Part of you wants to strangle Tyson for not pulling his weight, another part of you wants to hold him close to you, and the last part wants to forget this even happened."

"I know," I sighed. "You know I'm not the best when dealing with emotions." That was the lowest understatement I have ever made.

"I've been your bit beast for a long time," Dranzer giggled. "You would have thought I'd pick up on it by now. In any case, that's not the reason why I'm here."

"Why are you here?" I asked curiously.

"I'm here because I'm concerned about you," Dranzer said as she turned to face me. "I have been noticing your wild emotions not to mention your recent flashbacks. Though I haven't been there with you the entire step of the way, I'm here for you."

"You understand when I say I'm not used to having to depend on others," I pointed out that fact to her.

"I understand," she sighed. Her blue eyes dimmed down for a bit. "That's also another reason why I want to help you. Boris and Voltaire really did a number on you."

"Don't I know," I now sighed. "When I ...."

"Don't worry about it," Dranzer said as she hugged me. I stiffened a bit and returned the hug. "I knew that it wasn't you. Black Dranzer had his influence on you. Speaking of which, what did you do with him?"

"I gave him back to Boris the hard way," I chuckled at the expression he had on his face when I 'returned' it to him. "He tried to offer me that dark bit beast again, but I didn't take it."

"I'm proud of you," Dranzer smile. She released her hold on me. "Now, what are we going to do?"

"You tell me, I'm bored out of my mind and the others are still at the movies," I sighed once again. This was becoming a habit.

"I know, you can meet the other bit beasts except for Dizzi, she's with Kenny at the moment," Dranzer suggested as she leapt up from her seat. "The others have left their beyblades here, because they weren't going to be training."

"Tch, they should know better to leave their blades behind," I scoffed.

"Well, they wanted a break from beyblading," Dranzer said softly. "Come on." She pulled me up and dragged me all the way to the Chief's room. The phoenix bit beast opened up a safe to reveal everyone's bit chips on a plush pillow. "Hey guys, we have company."

"Dranzer, shouldn't you be in your bit chip?" a sleepy white haired boy came out of his bit chip. I wondered who this could be. Lemme guess. This boy went by the name of Driger.

"Yeah, but my master needed my help," Dranzer pouted.

"Your master is here?" the white tiger bit beast blinked. His yellow eyes settled on me. "You know we shouldn't be seen. What would the elders think?"

"The elders are dead," a boy with long blue hair said. "They have been for awhile. Sheesh, your losing your touch."

"Can it, Dragoon," Driger growled at the storm dragon while narrowing his pupils. "If they're gone, who's going to take over their position?"

"We don' know," Dranzer replied.

"I hope it isn't anyone with a stick up their..." a violet haired girl appeared behind Dragoon. She had green eyes. Her clothes consisted of a red tank top with khaki shorts and white sneakers. Who dressed them?

"Watch your language, Draciel," Driger said sternly. He wore a form fitting white leather vest along with dark blue jeans and boots. Around his neck, he had a leather choker with studs embedded on them.

"I thought the almighty Kai doesn't require our help," Dragoon muttered.

"In case you haven't forgotten, I'm here too," I scowled and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Dang it," Dragoon grumbled. He received a slap on his shoulder by a pissed off fire phoenix. "Hey, what was that for?"

"That was for being such a jerk to my master," Dranzer retorted. "In any case, I ask for you help in dealing with his problem."

"Aw, Dranzer," Dragoon whined. "You know I'm not good with human emotions or dealing with humans."

"He is part of the team," Driger stated. "Count me in."

"Me too," Draciel chirped.

"You're too young," Driger said, looking at her.

"I'm not young," Draciel pouted. "I have reached the becoming of age."

"Recently," Dranzer added. "In any case, this isn't solving my master's problem."

"You're right," Driger agreed with her. "Now let's see. I'll have to ask my master how he deals with his problems."

"Make sure you don't tell him why," Dranzer warned him. "I don't think Kai would like it if everyone on this team knew about his problems."

"I have to agree with that," I spoke up startling them.

"You have to speak more," Dragoon said exasperated. "You're like his master." He pointed over towards the fuming white tiger.

"You shall not insult my master while I'm here," Driger said about to launch himself at a nervous storm dragoon.

Needless to say, it took the rest of us to pin down the steamed bit beast. We held him there until he cooled down a bit and released him. He was still ticked off at the dragon, but he wasn't about to strangle the loud mouthed bit beast.

"You really ought to shut that mouth of yours before you get into trouble," I commented.

"About time someone told him that," Dranzer said.

"Hey!!!"

"We are straying off course," Dranzer reminded everyone. "We need to help my master."

"What does he need help with besides his emotions?" Driger asked the fire bird.

"You can ask him for yourself," Dranzer said, motioning towards me.

"Oh, sorry I forgot you were here," Driger apologized sheepishly. "What else do you need help besides your emotions?"

"That's what I basically need help with," I sighed for the umpteenth time that day. "I need to know what love is."

"You in love?" Draciel asked curiously.

"I think you aren't old enough for this," Driger said, pushing her back to her bit chip.

"I'm old enough," Draciel pouted. She refused to take another step.

"I don't mind if she's around," I said casually. "I'm going to my room and think things over."

"I'll go with you," Dranzer said hastily following me. Soon, I heard three pairs of feet following the both of us.

The next day, my team mates were in the kitchen milling about while the bit beasts have returned to their chips. Tyson, as usual, was stuffing his face with several items. Max had moved away from Tyson, because he didn't want his hand to be eaten. Ray wandered off somewhere in the kitchen along with Dralcian. They were sitting on one of the counters, eating something. I can't be bothered with details.

"Hey Kai," Tyson greeted me without a mouth full of food, for once. "Why don't you join us for breakfast?"

"I already ate," I said, turning my back on him. I seriously didn't need to see the bits of food inside Tyson's mouth. Note to self: need to teach him proper table manners if he is to be seen in public with the Bladebreakers.

"You don't have to be such a grouch all the time," Tyson retorted. "You don't seem to work hard at being a jerk, or does it come naturally?"

"If you only knew what he went through in the Abbey," that soft feminine voice came from none other than my bit beast. "He wasn't like this. Boris and Voltaire changed him from what he used to be. If he had a normal childhood, then he would have been like you, but unfortunately, he didn't. He was forced to become a cold blader."

"Who are you?" Tyson questioned the red headed girl.

"I'm Dranzer, Kai's bit beast," the fire phoenix said proudly. "And don't even think about it Tyson. I hate getting wet, unless I'm taking a bath or going for a swim."

"How did you know?" Tyson nearly fell off of his chair.

"A little birdie told me," Dranzer scowled at the blue haired blader.

"I thought you were only spirits," Ray spoke up. He was completely caught off guard by this. Max sat there shocked. Kenny was too busy typing away on his laptop to even notice the arrival of a bit beast. Dralcian acted normally. Tyson, let's say that it took him awhile to comprehend things. Don't ask.

"Bit beasts as you know them have two forms," I explained to my clueless team mates. "They have their beast form and they have a human form. This is Dranzer's human form. Your bit beasts have human forms as well."

"Then why haven't they shown us?" Max asked, after getting his voice back.

"Because the elders didn't allow us to," Draciel said, emerging from her beyblade. "It was forbidden for us to contact our masters unless if it was a dire emergency."

"She's right," Driger said as he backed her up on this one.

"Then why now?" Ray asked this time.

"Because the elders are dead," Dranzer replied woefully. She and the other bit beasts hung their heads. "We don't know how it happened."

Dralcian nearly choked on her breakfast. "How can they die? I thought they were the most powerful out of the bit beasts."

"I think Black Dranzer had a hand in it," Dizzi said from within her laptop.

"But why would he want to kill them?" Dralcian inquired. "I don't understand his logic."

"You and me both," Dranzer sighed. "My older brother has been a menace to our community ever since he was born. At least back then, he wasn't powerful enough to take out bit beasts single handedly."

"At least he's sealed," Dralcian said, shuddering at the thought. "He's not as powerful as he used to be."

"Then how could he take down the elders if he wasn't powerful enough?" Dragoon thought out loud. "I know I was able to defeat Wolborg with the help of Tyson, but Black Dranzer is a different level all together."

"What do you suggest we do?" Max asked.

"You won't do anything," Draciel said sternly. I have never seen her serious before. Then again, I only knew her for twenty four hours. No, make that less than twenty four hours.

"Why are you out then?" Ray asked. "Not that I mind."

"We're out, because we feel a strange presence," Driger answered for them. "We have been feeling it for the past day and we are very worried about your safety."

"Do you still sense it?" Tyson asked.

Every known bit beast nodded their heads. Being the bit beast of the team's captain, Dranzer spoke, "We can sense it here, but we don't know where it is coming exactly. That is why we came here to warn you. With the elders gone, we don't know how much help they will be should you become injured."

"That's not good," Tyson spoke what we all were thinking.

Dralcian meanwhile shifted nervously on the counter. Ray, sensing that something was wrong with her, asked her if she was okay. "Nothing is wrong with me."

"Then why are you a nervous wreck," Driger pointed out.

"Because......" She started saying.

'Are you ever going to tell them?' I gave her a questioning look.

'Um never,' came a nervous reply.

'You told me to take a chance with Tyson, now I'm asking you to do the same,' I reasoned with her. 'They will not tell Boris you are here.'

'How do you know that?' She asked skeptically.

'Because I have been with them long enough. Besides, they accepted me as their team captain even though I betrayed them for Black Dranzer.'

'We'll see how it goes,' Dralcian said, clearing her throat. "I know why you are having these strange feelings." That got everyone's attention immediately. "I'm the only unsealed bit beast left." She held her breath waiting for the others to reply.

Wingzero: I'll leave you at this cliffie.

Ray: *falls over anime style*

Max: No fair. I want to see how we react.

Wingzero: Too bad, you'll have to wait for the next chappie. Btw, where's Kai?

Tyson: I saw him running away screaming something about psycho gundams.

Ray: Gee, I wonder why.

Wingzero: *whistles innocently*

Tyson: *looks at Wingzero* All right!

Max: *thwacks Tyson* That wasn't nice.

Tyson: You're such a stick in the mud.

Max: But I'm your stick in the mud.

Tyson & Max: *start making out*

Ray: Um, I think I'll go get the groceries.

Wingzero: I'll go with you.

Ray & Wingzero: *run away as fast as possible*

Tyson & Max: *still making out*