Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Family: Kai's Cold Beginnings ❯ Elders ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kai's Cold Beginnings: Elders

The sealed bit beasts and the rest of the 'normal' humans stood there with their maps gaping wide open. They couldn't believe their ears or their eyes. An unsealed bit beast was standing or rather sitting right in front of them. My team mates and their bit beasts were gaping at her; pretty much looking like fishes. I swear if there was anything that Tyson was good at, it had to be his imitation of a fish, though I wouldn't openly admit that I thought he was good at something. On the other hand, he most likely will be mad at me for making that remark, tempting as it may be.

I coughed a loud one to get their attention. They glanced over towards me in their confusion. "As you all know, Dralcian is a bit beast. She is the only unsealed bit beast left on this planet, which is why she doesn't exactly trust humans."

"That doesn't explain why she is close to Ray," Kenny pointed out the obvious.

"It's because I don't consider him to be fully human," she said in a soft voice. Her eyes were full of anxiety and nervousness. "He's a human with feline qualities."

"Oh," was the collective response.

"So you have heard the news about the elders?" Dranzer spoke up.

"Hai," the silver falcon replied. She shifted around uncomfortably on the counter. "I was the one who discovered them after the battle. Black Dranzer somehow managed to gain enough power to overthrow them. He used the abilities from the bit beasts he had collected over his journey and combined their strengths. However, since he was sealed, he wasn't able to defeat every single one without losing a large amount of energy. I then defeated him in a one on one battle."

"Then how did we hear about it?" Driger asked.

"You heard about it because bit beasts tend to gossip," she said eyeing every bit beast within the kitchen. "You know you can't deny it. I can read your minds." The other bit beasts were soon whistling innocently.

"Wow, you can read minds?" Tyson gasped.

"Yes," Dralcian replied.

"Something which she does to annoy me," I scowled, pretending to be angry with her, but she knew that I could never be angry at her. When we were both in the Abbey, he had helped me so much, but I never stopped and appreciated what he was doing or risking his freedom to help me.

Ray paled quite a bit. "So you can read anyone's mind?" He was extremely worried she might use her powers to read his mind. I could tell from the way he was standing and the tone in his voice.

"I can, but I try not to pry unless it's Kai," Dralcian gave me a smirk, to which I rolled my eyes at. "I know him inside and out."

"Whatever you say," I said sarcastically, though she knew I was teasing her. "So what are you going to do about that problem?"

"Easy master," Dranzer chirped. She twirled around in her dress excitedly. "We're going to replace them once we hold a meeting with the other bit beasts. I have contacted them and they're going to try to get their masters or mistresses over here, though I think the Majestics' bit beasts are going to have a hard time convincing their masters."

"I know what you mean," Ray sighed. "Does that mean the Demolition Boys are coming?"

"Absolutely not!" every bit beast, except for the unsealed one, cried out simultaneously.

"There's no way you're going to get me under the same roof as those Demolition Boys," Draciel resolved, crossing her arms. "They give me the creeps and I don't want to be stuck in that annoying red head's blade. Wolborg has major gas after he eats."

"I think that falls into the too much information category," Tyson half groaned. "I seriously didn't want to hear that."

"For once, I agree with him," I spoke up. There were some things I needed to know and some things I do not want to know. "

"At least you don't have a good sense of smell," Driger said as he glared at my bit beast, who was whistling innocently.

"It's not my fault I'm a bird," Dranzer said sweetly, though I could tell she was definitely pretending to be.

"Well, you do have to put up with Dragoon's smelly gas," Dizzi smart mouthed, which she received a really pathetic glare from the storm dragon. I guessed what they say was true. Bit beasts often reflect their owners.

"Hey!" Dragoon scowled and was now throwing a hissy fit. "I do not fart often." He received four glares from the other bit beasts, except the newest one to our team.

"And I'm Black Dranzer," Dranzer said sarcastically. "You do too emit foul odor, especially after a large meal and we have to open every window before we can stand being in the room."

"Fine," Dragoon muttered. The rest of my team mates started laughing so hard. Well, three of them were laughing. One of them was chuckling loudly. Dee decided to remain neutral.

"We have important issues to deal with," Driger spoke in a serious tone of voice. "The elders are gone and now we'll be faced with an emergency."

"We can't do anything until we have gathered everyone," Dranzer spoke up. Her crimson eyes scanned the room.

************

"What's taking them so long?" Dragoon muttered. He had spent the next hour pacing back and forth. Dranzer swore he was going to dig a hole to China if he kept this up.

"Besides, they're all far away with the exception of the All Starz," Kenny pointed out the obvious. "The White Tigers are in China and I haven't heard from them in awhile. The Majestics said they were coming to Canada for some unknown reason so they aren't that far away. Still it will take them some time to arrive."

"Why don't we do something in the mean time," Draciel suggested.

"Anyways, we don't know if they're going to be arriving this afternoon or tomorrow for that matter," Dee stated the obvious. She closed her eyes and concentrated on something. Suddenly, she opened her eyes. "The White Tigers are wandering around the streets of New York and the Majestics are on their way here by a fast mode of transportation. They should be arriving in a few hours. As for the Demolition Boys, they're still at Russia."

"That's good to hear," Draciel sighed with relief. "Then maybe we can pass the time by playing games? Anyone up for a game of truth or dare?"

"That sounds like fun to me," Dralcian chirped. She was currently lounging on the sofa with Ray, who appeared to be very uncomfortable with his position. I guessed he wasn't used to having a bit beast have a crush on him.

"Definitely," both Tyson and his bit beast agreed.

"This is so going to be fun," Tyson now had a smirk and he was rubbing his hands together. That was the reason why I didn't want to play this game in the first place. Tyson could think of the craziest dares or truths.

"I'm in," Dranzer said smirking. "My master is going to play."

"No, I am not," I said; my voice not wavering. I crossed my arms across my chest, but everyone else had something in mind. I knew it was trouble when everyone approached me from all sides and hauled me over towards the family room.

"Who will start?" Dee asked everyone.

"I want to," was everyone except for me responded.

"Dralcian, why don't you start?" I said, taking charge of the situation. I seriously didn't need whining team mates or bit beasts. The others groaned but then realized it would be their time soon enough.

"Tyson, truth or dare?" She asked the holder of the storm dragon.

"I chose dare," Tyson said, with a look of confidence. O ye of little knowledge, you have no clue what you're getting yourself into.

"I dare you to go on a diet for the rest of the day," Dee giggled. She fell over laughing when she saw Tyson's response to her dare. "That means no sweets, candy, or anything that remotely tastes good to you."

"You're cruel, you know that?" Tyson huffed. "Dranzer, truth or dare?"

"I think I'll chose truth," Dranzer said nervously. She glanced towards Dragoon who had a fake halo over his head.

"Who do you have a crush on?" Tyson inquired of the bit beast, who blushed in response.

"Dragoon," she whispered softly, which all of us had to strain to hear, except for Dralcian and me. We had enhanced hearing abilities. "Okay, Max truth or dare?"

"Truth, because I don't want to end up like Tyson," Max said nervously. We all knew how much he liked, or I should say, loved his desserts.

"What is the most embarrassing thing you did?" Dranzer asked slyly. Her eyes were fixed on the poor blonde, who was backing away.

"I.... um...." Max said as he scratched the back of his head and fidgeted around. "I asked this girl out on a date, but it she turned out to be a guy."

"Was this before we became the Bladebreakers?" Kenny asked the blonde, who nodded his head.

"Okay, my turn!" Max chirped. His lively blue eyes scanned the room for a potential victim. "Ray, truth or dare?"

"Dare, because I'm not a scaredy cat," Ray said with confidence. More like a scared kitten.

"I dare you to piss off every bit beast present!" Max chirped with more enthusiasm than necessary. Boy, if Ray ever needed health or life insurance, it was now.

Ray's eyes widened to saucers as he saw the bit beasts glaring at him. He could tell that they were already pissed off with him. Slowly, he walked up to the first bit beast, which happened to be mine. "You couldn't defeat a pathetic fish."

Dranzer growled and was about to choke him when Dragoon held her back. She crossed her arms over her chest and sulked. Next up was Dragoon as he was the closest. "Shouldn't you go on a diet with your master?"

Needless to say, that infuriated the storm dragon into letting Dranzer go. Ray scurried off to his bit beast and took a deep breath. "So when are you and Galux going to get married?" He stepped aside knowing that his white tiger would lash out and he was right.

Two more to go and I hope he survived the last one. "Are you related to Bryan, cause you look a whole lot like him."

Draciel shrieked in anger. I have never seen her this pissed off before, but then again, I haven't seen her that often, except when she was battling inside the dish. Who would have ever thought she had another side to her besides her usual cheerful one.

"Are you sure you're unsealed?" Ray asked another female bit beast.

"Of course I am," Dralcian snapped at him, before pinching his rear, causing him to jump up.

"Good one!" Draciel said, high fiving the silver falcon.

Ray growled and took his seat, though he couldn't stay mad at her when she snuggled up against him. "Dragoon, truth or dare?"

"Dare," Dragoon said, trying to be brave in front of the fire phoenix. He puffed up his chest, making him look rather comical than handsome.

"I dare you to give your master a wedgie!" Ray smirked in triumph as Tyson paled several shades. The dragon blinked a few times as the information sank through his thick skull. He walked towards his master who was backing away. Reaching out, Dragoon yanked the back of Tyson's pants, making him yelp.

"That was funny," Max couldn't help but giggle at our team mate's reaction.

"Says you," Tyson glared at Max. He promptly took a seat on the floor, while rubbing himself.

"My turn!" Dragoon chirped. "Let's see Kai, truth or dare?"

"Truth," I said, not wanting to end up as the butt of a joke. If Dragoon was anything like Tyson, then I would be in a world of trouble if I had chosen dare.

"You're not fun," Dragoon pouted, but then the proverbial light bulb went off in his head. "Who do you have a crush on?"

Me, the almighty Kai have a crush on someone? I don't think so. "I don't have a crush on anyone," I said in a cold voice, startling even myself. In that moment, I could have sworn I saw a flash of sorrow in those blue eyes of his. Tyson.

"As if," my bit beast snorted. She was currently glaring daggers in my direction. "You know you like someone here, but you can't admit it."

"I don't know what I feel," I sheepishly admitted, "so don't push it."

"Fine be that way," Dralcian sighed, though I knew she knew that I kind of had a crush on Tyson. 'I hope you don't do or say anything that will greatly shorten your life span.'

'You're just blowing hot air,' I thought back to her and flinched when she wasn't kidding. "Draciel, truth or dare?"

"Dare," the turtle said as she glanced over towards the white tiger nervously, the bit beast of course.

"I dare you to keep anything with sugar away from your master," I said after giving the dare some thought. You should have seen the way Max paled several shades. It was priceless. "For the entire day, and I mean no sodas, ice cream, chocolate, and anything that has refined sugar. I guess natural sugar is okay, because he wouldn't be able to eat anything then."

Max started to pout on the spot, but then was given a noogie by his own bit beast. "Come on master," she chirped enthusiastically. "Look on the bright side, you'll have more sweets to eat once it's over."

"NO!" Everyone shouted at the two.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be running after you when you're on a sugar high," I said, crossing my arms. There was no way I was going to waste my valuable time and energy trying to get him to calm down, though I would think the silver falcon would have no trouble with it.

"Fine," Max sighed again.

"My turn! Chief, truth or dare?" she asked in a sweet voice, causing the rest of us to flinch at her sweetness.

"Truth, because I don't like the way you're looking at me," Kenny said, wanting to get away from this hyper bit beast.

"Have you ever tried to kiss your computer?" Draciel asked.

"Why would he want to kiss his computer?" The completely confused Tyson asked the rest of us. We all wanted to bang our heads on a wall.

"Does a hologram count?" Kenny asked questioningly.

"I guess so," Draciel said nervously.

"Several times then," Kenny replied casually, causing Dizzi to blush bright red. We can all guess that they were in a relationship, though awkward as it may seem.

The other's eye were widened or completely bugged out, except for me and Dee. When they asked us why we weren't surprise, I told them I had my suspicions about their relationship, even though I didn't say anything. Hey, I don't want anyone invading my privacy so I was doing the same for them. Dralcian, as you guessed it, heard their loud mental screams. She informed them if they screamed loud enough, she can hear them without trying to. From there on, everyone made sure to keep their thoughts to themselves.

"Driger, truth or dare?" Kenny asked the white tiger bit beast.

"I chose dare," Driger said, choosing the same thing as his master. He wasn't about to back down from a challenge.

"I dare you to meow every single time someone says your name," Kenny came up with. It was rather a lame idea, but hey, this was the Chief we were talking about.

"I don't meow," Driger huffed. He wasn't going to do it by the looks of it.

"Well then if you don't want to then you have to do a strip tease in front of us, Driger" Kenny said with a smirk. Wow, I never knew the little guy had it in him.

"Meow," Driger grumbled. "My turn. Dizzi, truth or dare?"

"Driger, I chose truth, because you're pissed off at the moment and I don't want to receive your anger," she said logically.

"What do you think of Kenny's kisses?" Driger asked slyly as we already knew they were kissing even though one of them was just a hologram.

The computer bit beast blushed a violent shade of red. "He's a really good kisser and very hot." Soon, Kenny joined his bit beast as both of their faces were now red. "Dee, truth or dare?"

"Dare, cause I'm not a scaredy chicken," Dee chirped. She glared at me threateningly. 'Don't you even dare to say anything.'

'I didn't say thing,' I protested mentally, though I was smirking at her to the confusion of our other team mates. "It's nothing."

"I dare you to kiss Ray on the lips for thirty seconds," Dizzi giggled. She was now making puckering sounds and looking like a fish.

Dralcian rolled her eyes. "Very well." She was advancing towards Ray, who was now backing away. "Hold still Ray." In her eyes I knew she wanted to do this, but he wasn't ready for this type of relationship, because he was completely nervous. She suddenly pounced on him and kissed him on the lips. Ray was going to pass out any second. As soon as she was finished, she had a smug smile on while he was on the verge on fainting. "Thanks." The two girl bit beasts high fived each other.

"Well now, let's find some other way to amuse ourselves," I coughed out loud, getting the attention of everyone. Before I could open my mouth, we heard someone banging on the door. "Who could that be?"

"It's the All Starz," Dralcian answered my question. I raised a brow, when I realized she had the ability to read people's minds so I let it go.

"I'll go get it," Max chirped. He immediately jumped up from where he was sitting. It didn't take a genius to figure out why. There were two females on the team he wanted to greet. No, he wasn't a lady's man. One of those ladies happened to be his female parental figure. The other one was his potential girlfriend.

Draciel blushed as she thought about the Max's bit beast. I knew it was Trygator, because a little birdie told me. Soon we heard six pair of feet walking towards us. It wasn't hard to tell that Steve was among them, because he was a walking giant. Well, he may not be tall, but he made the same noise as one. Emily, as usual, was chatting with either Max or his mother.

"Hey, you have twice as many people here," Michael said the obvious.

""Well duh," Dranzer said sarcastically. "Took enough to figure out genius."

"Dranzer," I snapped at her, even though I wanted to praise her. "That is no way to treat our guests. You could do better than that."

All of the other team's mouths fell down and literally were touching the floor. Their eyes were wide as saucers and bugged out. They couldn't believe their ears.

"Trygle, explain it to your master and his team mates," Dralcian said exasperated. She didn't want to deal with it. "I'm sure your bit beast could explain it."

Suddenly a blonde young man appeared in a golden light. His blonde hair had black streaks in it. He had violet eyes that were bright and full of life. "Yeah?"

"Your master is having a difficult time grasping the idea that bit beasts have human forms," Dizzi pointed it out to the eagle.

"Huh?" Trygle, Tryhorn, and Trypio said simultaneously.

Every Bladebreaker's eyes became squinty as we understood it. "What she means is that your masters don't believe bit beasts have human forms." Kenny rolled his eyes; wherever, they were.

The All Starz bit beasts turned towards their masters and glared at them for a second, before going back to normal. Trygle, being the captain's bit beast, decided to ask what was on their minds. "What did you call us here for? It took a lot of work getting our masters here."

"I assume you already know about the elders," Dralcian said starting the conversation. They nodded their heads. "Well, we'll have to find replacements for them or the entire world will be in trouble with rogue bit beasts."

"Why didn't you say in the first place?" Tryhorn threw up his arms in exaggeration.

"Okay," the All Starz said together.

"We'll have to wait until the other bit beasts have arrived," I said, taking over the meeting. "The White Tigers and the Majestics will be arriving soon. I hope."

"Do you doubt me?" Dralcian asked, while growling at me. 'You don't want to push those buttons, Hiwatari!'

'Fine,' I thought back to her.

"So what were you doing?" Steve asked us.

"We were playing truth or dare," Dragoon answered, "not that it mattered. We ended it a few minutes ago."

"So what do you want to do?" Michael asked his team mates.

"Well.. we could always play a game," Eddie suggested while spinning his basketball on his finger.

"We don't have a basketball court," I said rather coldly.

"So that options out," Tyson stated the very obvious, when we heard a banging on the door.

Dralcian opted to answer it while the rest of us were sitting around the room. We started chatting about anything and everything. She peeked her head with the Majestics in tow.

"I never knew you invited the other teams," Robert said, missing the obvious.

"No, we're bit beasts," Dragoon said sarcastically, to which he received a cuff on the back of the head by an irritated fire phoenix. "OW! What was that for?"

"That was for being such an insensitive jerk!" Dranzer growled at him.

"How can it be?" Robert asked completely confused as the rest of his team mates.

"Do you think you can pull our legs?" Oliver asked. What he didn't know was that his bit beast Unicolyon appeared behind him.

"You know master, he isn't lying."

Oliver turned towards his bit beast and fainted into Robert's open arms. "I didn't think he would take it that way." Robert said, holding onto his team mate. "That doesn't explain why our bit beasts don't come out."

"We couldn't before," Griffolyon informed their masters. "The elders prevented us from coming out, but now they're gone."

"What happened?" Johnny asked.

His bit beast answered the question. "Black Dranzer, that's what happened."

"The dark phoenix killed every one of them," Dizzi answered. She had a serious expression on her face. "I don't know what happened, but Dee should know. She was the one who defeated Black Dranzer."

Every pair of eyes turned towards the only unsealed bit beast in the room, which was very crowded at the moment. "I was only able to defeat him, because he used most of his power to murder the elders. What we need are elders who can stand his attack."

"Touche, touché," Enrique said. Just then we heard another knock coming from the door. The White Tigers must be here. They entered the room with their bit beasts already out, but since there was no room, we had to move out towards park area of the apartment complex.

Couples:

Kai/Tyson

Ray/Dralcian

Max/Emily

Kenny/Dizzi

Lee/Mariah

Gary/Kevin

Robert/Oliver

Johnny/Enrique

Dragoon/Dranzer
< br> Driger/????

Griffolyon/Unicolyon

Salamulyon/Amphilyon

Galeon/Galux

Galzzy/Galman