Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A World of Fun ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3.
 
The next day Sora flew into Kisa's room and tore off all the sheets trying to get her out of bed faster. She was rewarded for her efforts by quite a few pillows being thrown in her direction and half connecting with her face. Her sister was definitely not a morning person, actually…she wasn't a day person in general but if they wanted to finish all of their rooms then they needed to have an early start. This calls for cold water, she thought evilly as she left the room. When she returned with a bucket in hand, she quickly threw off the sheets again revealing the lump under them and dumped the pail's contents over the figure. A screech resounded throughout the entire mansion as a result of her efforts which prompted a smirk from her as she left the room.
 
Grinning like the maniacs they were, the girls started climbing on each other to try to reach parts of the wall that wear too high for them to paint from the ground. Sora had changed out of her normal clothes into a pair of overalls, stashing her jeans on Kisa's bed. Kisa, however, couldn't be bothered and proudly wore her once black cargos that were now a questionable array of colors. They were onto the last room, Sora's, and they would be finished if it wasn't for that one white speck of wall taunting them.
 
“Got it. You can put me down now Cat.” Kisa heard from above her. Carefully lowering herself she tried to get her sister down but didn't count on Sora trying to jump off and failing miserably.
 
“Why do I always end up on the bottom?” Kisa complained as she attempted to shove the smaller girl off her.
 
“Because you're so squishy,” was the chirped reply accompanied by two hands pinching her cheeks.
 
“Ouch! Let go of me Sky.” Getting up and giving the other girl a friendly push they looked around trying to decide what to add next.
 
Kisa's room was a masterpiece of black walls with silver spray paint in areas and dark purple baseboards. She had a king sized canopy bed with burgundy drapes and black sheets in the center of the wall beside the door and book shelves lining the entire expanse of another. Her desk which held her laptop was across from the entrance and there was an upright grand piano situated in the corner between it and the closet. She had also posted lots of cork boards around her room which she had already covered with pictures that either she or her siblings had drawn. Loki's room had the same furniture positioning, except that instead of a piano he had two guitars in the corner that he and his younger sister played. The other major difference was that they had wallpapered his room a deep blue that only traveled half the height of the walls and matched with his bedspread. The room situated across the hall from the redheaded pair belonged to Sora and was sponged a light pastel blue with a darker shade of the same color covering her bed. An easel stood beside the balcony catching the natural light and she possessed the largest of the stereos because she said it made up for her not being musically gifted.
 
Giving their other selves a satisfactory nod they decided it would be a crime to waste the rest of the paint and split up in search for their brother and some of his clothes. Sora spotted her prey in the kitchen and was relieved to know they wouldn't have to be cleaning paint out of the carpet this time. To pass the time until the next step in her plan, she made a quick trip back to her room to grab a set of empty Windex bottles kept especially for events like this. When she returned to her stack out place she was greeted by her sister's twinkling eyes who assured her that Loki had a few new sets of baby blue clothes. Handing her sibling a now paint filled sprayer they stealthily crept over to their brother who was unsuspectingly napping on the kitchen table after being kicked out of his room.
 
“3, 2, 1, attack!” they shouted in unison and started squirting the sleeping figure who was no longer resting peacefully.
 
“I'm going to kill you!” he exploded from his chair. Getting off one last shot at his face the cackling duo ran from the blue monster in hopes of staying alive.
 
Kisa and Sora burst through the main entrance to the outside world and without slowing down took the steps two at a time for fear of being caught. Hopefully Loki wouldn't follow them out where people might actually see him. Contrary to what he said he was a little vain and being seen as a bright blue monster wouldn't help his image. Sticking to this belief they slowed down as they approached the gate and started breathing in gasps for air. Glancing behind Kisa yelped and took off once more, holding the bottle in one hand and dragging Sora in the other.
 
“Keep running!” she panted. “He's gaining on us!” She took another gulp of air and really wished that she hadn't quite cross country running. At least Sora walks everywhere, she thought. I'm nocturnal. When I'm actually awake everything's closed or asleep so I just stay in my room.
 
Not watching where she was going she crashed head first into someone and knocked them backwards with her on top. Sora, having escaped her sister's panicked hold, stayed upright and was watching the street behind them panting.
 
“I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going.” Kisa exclaimed as she slowly got her senses back. Shaking her head she looked down into a pair of brown eyes and she swore they were almost burgundy. Suddenly realizing something, she exclaimed happily “I'm not on the bottom this time!”
 
“No, I am. Get off brat.” The boy grunted as he shoved the girl off him. Kisa was a little miffed at the tone but decided to be nice since she was the one who crashed into him. Sora offered her a hand up and once Kisa was on her feet she turned around only to feel the blood drain from her face and an uncertain smile grace her lips.
 
The boy in front of her had slate grey hair at the front of his head fading to a darker shade at the back. He was taller then her by a head, which wasn't saying much since the only one shorter then her was her sister, and she knew just by looking that he would be popular among the girls at school. He wore black cargos like her and a black t-shirt finished off by a chain necklace. However, that wasn't the reason she blanched. Oh no. The reason was the big splotch of offending blue that she somehow knew didn't belong to his attire. She glanced down quickly to her hand and her fears were confirmed as she saw the now empty plastic container.
 
“Um…oops?” Kisa could have hit herself. And she did. That was very smooth she thought. Risking a peek at the strange boy she saw him register his new appearance and watched as his eyes turned hard. He was about to say something when Loki showed up, surprised that his sisters has stopped. He couldn't help but snicker as he saw what was before him as he came closer. He wasn't the only blue creature terrorizing the neighborhood now.
 
“I'm really sorry. Honestly. I'm Kisa by the way, this is Sora, and the other blue person is our brother Loki. We just moved here. It's nice to meet you.” Kisa was feeling really awkward at the moment. What could you say to someone who just poured paint on and who was staring at you with eyes like ice. This guy was weird.
 
“If you want I can lend you a change of clothes. We live right down the road.” She smiled gratefully at her brother for trying to ease the tension until she remembered a minor detail and exchanged a look with Sora who smiled shamefacedly. “Loki…your clothes back home are also looking a little blue. I don't think it'd make a difference.” When her words sank in he turned as red as his hair and put her in a head lock all the while telling her how he'd make her life hell.
 
Kisa turned back to the main issue and saw that he was even more unimpressed. He growled in the back of his throat. “Just stay out of my way.” That said, he turned around and walked back the way he came. She thought she heard something about crazy females and stuck her tongue out at his retreated figure.
“Let's go home. It's no longer fun out here.” Walking up to her two bickering friends she linked arms with them and walked them home, getting peace from the insults flying over her head. Who cares whether or not a stranger has a bad attitude. She'll never see him again anyways.
 
Walking purposefully he continued back down the street towards his house. His annoyance and temper were slowly rising the longer the paint had to soak into his clothes. He thought he would go out to have a nice day to himself and instead he gets run over by a tiny, little, black and red imp. Plus to top it off, she managed to dump a bottle of blue paint all down his front. She even lived on the same street as him and he was sure now that it was her family his mom was having the welcome party for. The world was really making his life fun.
 
He stormed into his house and headed straight to his room to change. On the landing he met his sister who, upon seeing his face and then letting her eyes fall down to his clothes, couldn't quite hide her smile behind her hand.
 
“Had a nice walk?” A snarl was her only response as she watched her brother enter his room. She heard him lock the door and was soon greeted with music by the Lost Prophets gained in volume to be almost deafening. He didn't let others see his emotions but he was always lax around her. She was his twin and could usually tell what he was feeling anyways from the uncanny bond that twins usually have. She smiled again to herself as she continued her decent. Whoever gave her brother a makeover would be in for a surprise the next time they met and she was sure they would. Fate wouldn't let them go this easily and by the look on his face he meant war. The world was really making her life fun.