Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A World of Fun ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2.
 
Loki opened another door only to run to the next one, not even bothering to shut it again. He was running around the second floor frantically searching for the best bedroom before the crazy females caught up to him. Careening down the hallway he flew past a branching corridor only to stop and backtrack to get a better look. Standing at the end of the hall was a set of large, double doors made of oak with brass hinges and door handles. Eyes alight with interest he took off in this new direction momentarily forgetting about his sisters. There weren't any doors leading off from the corridor and the walls were as white as everywhere else but there were two chandeliers hanging from above and a small table with a mirror situated above it in an alcove.
 
As he neared the doors he was abruptly reminded of his pursuers as his face connected solidly with the white speckled carpeted and was pulled back a couple of feet fast enough to give him rug burn on his stomach where his shirt rode up. Cursing the few moments when he stopped to look at the doors he watched as his over eager and competitive sisters bounded away from him towards the door all the while yelling “Over our dead bodies!” and cackling insanely. Each grabbed a hold of a door handle and bracing themselves they pulled open the doors.
 
“Shit! This is heavier then it looks. I can't even move it.” Kisa said as she strained against the stubborn door. “Why. Won't. It. Budge.”
 
Sora gave up when she saw she was getting no where and watched her sister's futile struggle with the immovable object. Turning away from the poor girl she got an idea and walked over to the desk to rummage through the drawer.
 
“You're not here ten minutes and you're already making a mess. Tsk tsk.” Loki stated from his place on the floor where they left him. He had no inkling to move whatsoever and he would never leave because that'd mean missing an opportunity to be with his sisters who were always kind enough to put on a show for him. “I should make a T.V. series!” He suddenly blurted out earning a weird look from Sora before being ignored again. “Today's episode: Kisa vs. the Evil Wooden Door. Who will give up first? So far on today's episode the defendant, standing a solid 6 feet and 6 inches has been resisting everything the small 5 foot 4 inch girl has thrown at it. Will this last through her next attack? Oh no! Now she's resorted to begging! How can the door be so cruel?”
 
“Will you shut up already? It's an inanimate object for goodness sakes. And besides, I'm not the messy one, that's Kisa. Although you might just out do her considering how you left the entire house a mess looking for a room and she's kind enough to only mess up one area of the house; her bedroom.”
 
“Ouch. My poor heart. And have you forgotten the state of our rooms in the other houses?”
 
“No, but our rooms are fair game in her twisted little mind. She thinks they're hers too. Don't ask me to explain. I don't understand myself. There it is!” Sora said triumphantly as she pulled out a large brass key. Walking to the door she made her sister let go so she could insert it into the keyhole. She waited anxiously as she turned the key and once she heard the tumblers fall into place she released a breath and grinned at the pouting girl on the floor.
 
“And the winner is…the door! Because Sora made Kisa give up and cheated by using its weakness for keys.” Loki quickly shut his mouth as he received two identical death glares and stood up as the door was opened.
 
Kisa gasped and rushed over to the banister over looking the great hall below. They were at the top of a giant marble staircase that led down to a large open floor that in all probability was for hosting banquets and large gatherings. There was a large crystal chandelier similar to the ones in the hallway and the marble on the floor was laid out in different colors so when viewed from above it portrayed a rose head and a few leaves.
 
“Hey, this looks like the staircase from Beauty and the Beast! You know the one they're descending when she's wearing that yellow dress and before they dance together?”
 
“You're right! I wonder how long we're going to stay this time. Maybe we can host a party here.” Sora joined her sister by the rail.
 
“Forget the parties. I want to slide down the railing.” Kisa nearly toppled over the said railing in her excitement.
 
Loki rolled his eyes. Why was he stuck with them? Oh wait…he wasn't stuck with them. He needed them so he wouldn't be bored and she did have a good point. “I'm with Kisa. Falling off banisters onto your ass sounds like a lot more fun then having people over.”
 
Sora sighed. “You're both no fun. It'd be nice to meet friends and actually spend time at each other's houses and have sleepovers and everything else normal teenagers do.”
 
“Sounds nice, but who ever said I was normal? And dad will just make us leave again soon anyways. Race you down the stairs!” and with that said Kisa leaped onto the railing. Not to be out done Loki was right behind and didn't even think about what would happen at the bottom. This was just too much fun. As soon as he saw the smaller girl jump off and land on her feet he remembered he wasn't so agilely competent and didn't know how to stop. “Kisa get ou-ouch!” The next thing he knew when he opened his eyes was the ceiling above him. He groaned and gingerly sat up surprised to see that he was still alive and even more surprised to feel that he hadn't sustained any injuries. “I thought that'd be worse. Let's do it again!”
 
“How about you get your ass off of me first? You're kind of heavy if you haven't realized it.”
 
Loki looked down and was slightly surprised to see his sister on the ground underneath of him. He was even more amused when he saw the interesting shade of bluish purple she was turning. “Funny place for a nap, isn't it?”
 
Kisa gasped. “Can't-breathe-ribs-cracking-choking-heavy-” When she saw that he hadn't even twitched to relieve her poor ribs she grabbed the closest piece of his flesh to her, which happened to be his hand, and bit down as hard as she could sink her teeth in. She was rewarded with an immediate lessening of pressure on her body and a satisfying yelp. “Serves you right, you pig.” She said as she rolled onto her knees and breathed experimentally to see how her ribs were feeling.
 
“You didn't have to bite me though.” Loki pouted. “Look, I'm bleeding cause of you.”
 
“Poor little baby. Oh wait! I'm the baby. Poor me.” Feeling more confident Kisa stood up stretched. Looking around she noticed something was missing. “Say, where's Sora?”
 
“I'm right here. I took the liberty of getting the first aid kit although I had to find dad fist and figure out where he shoved it and then had to explain why I needed it.”
 
“Of course she did. What adult wouldn't worry when one of his children asks for a medical kit and then says that his other kids are sliding down the banisters in the main hall?” a small man with thinning brown hair entered the room in the wake of his daughter.
 
Andy Hogan was a good father, although he did spend a lot of his time working. The triplets understood his need to work though and Kisa shocked him once by analyzing him and stating that he was work obsessed and enjoyed and needed the thrill of manipulating bigger and stronger opponents. She told him that he was the character that would never be happy slowing down because he would go insane from not knowing what to do with himself and even when he had enough money to retire and give his children enough support so they wouldn't have to work a day in their lives, which he'd already accomplished, he'd still work. The fact that he's the main purchaser in buying other businesses is mainly the reason they have to keep moving around so much. However, they also knew he needed them as much as he needed his work. He'd have died from malnutrition in his earlier years if he didn't have them to remind him to eat.
 
“So? Are you going to tell me what happened for you to need medical assistance or are you going to keep pretending that the walls are the most captivating objects you've ever seen?” He stared at his children and was glad that they had matured a little with age, although regretfully not a lot. At least Sora and Kisa no longer fought except for their annual melt down and Loki wasn't pulling as many pranks although both Kisa and Loki were still sandbaggers. He loved being surprised by how much they knew and he was very proud of all of them whenever they were placed in a political or business setting. Kisa was unusually adept at handling people but he kept telling himself not to have favorites.
 
“She bit me! Can I have something to eat?”
 
“He landed on me and wouldn't let me breathe! How long are we staying here this time?”
 
He also swore they all had ADD. “I should have guessed. Yes you can have something to eat if you can find the kitchen, please no more sliding down things in the house because you'd break things, namely yourselves, and I'm planning on us living here for quite a few years to come and by the time I move again you'll be in a university dorm. Plus who knows, we might not move again because I'm also getting tired of it.”
 
Sora, the social butterfly of the three, threw her arms around her dad and started skipping in circles. They arrived on Saturday to give themselves an opportunity to settle in before school so she only had to wait another day and then it'd be Monday. She would finally be able to make friends and keep them! Shaking his head Mr. Hogan decided it was time help with the unloading of their belongings and told his kids to choose rooms and tell the servants so they could bring the boxes to their room. Loki watched him go and was about to find a room when he was reminded of something.
 
“Um, Sora? Injured brother here? At least give me the kit before you go insane.” Loki walked over to his starry eyed sister and attempted to grab the required article from her hand. When she still paid him no heed he grabbed her shoulders and started to shake her. When her eyes began to focus again she found herself staring into mildly irritated sea green eyes and Loki repeated what he wanted. Smiling sheepishly she thrust it into his hands before resuming her fantasies.
 
Shaking his head, he approached the slightly saner girl and got her to bandage his hand considering she was the cause of the blood. “Want to choose rooms now?”
 
She cocked her head to the side as she thought. “Sure. We were supposed to anyways before we were distracted. Should we interrupt her…whatever?” They both eyed the still twirling girl. She's going to be dizzy after this. “Nah. Just get a room close. Let's go.” Dashing back up the stairs the pair continued opening doors.
 
After a few hour went by and there were no more doors obstructing their view inside the rooms, Kisa and Loki returned to previous ones they considered decent and tolerable. “Look at this one! I claim it!” Kisa shouted as she entered a room at the end of a hallway.
 
“Sure. They're all the same anyway. I'm just glad they each have their own bathroom. I finally get a one to myself and I might be on time for school instead having have to wait for you vain ones to be done.”
 
“I'm not vain, Mr. Spikeyhead. I get dressed in the dark.”
 
“And we forever have to suffer your clothing choices. I think these 3 rooms are the best. And they're all right beside each other too. They even connect!” Loki was once again opening doors as his little sister sat on his king sized bed looking unimpressed.
 
“The pranks I can foresee in the future are heavy indeed. I'm locking it from my side. I'll also tell the servants what rooms we've chosen and then I'll start redecorating. What color paint do you want?”
 
Running his hand through his hair he thought it over. “A dark blue would look nice. Don't give me that look, it would and I see no reason to change a habit now. Now leave. It's already night and I'm beat. Revert back to your devilish self tomorrow.” He pushed his sister out the door he closed it in her face. Scrunching up her face in annoyance she looked at her watched and was surprised to see he was right. She quickly went to fetch her sister to tell her what they'd do tomorrow and was unsympathetic when she saw her sister lying on the floor of the main hall too dizzy from spinning to stand. Leading her back to their rooms she left her sister inside her doorway and went to her own drearily white room to sleep.