Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Adoption ❯ chpter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2-Meeting the new family
“Tyson! Rei has arrived. Can you show him his room?” Tyson's Grandfather shouted. A young boy only a year younger than Rei ran out, a happy grin on his face. Rei smiled shyly. He stayed silent watching Tyson speak excitedly. “I can't believe you're finally here Rei! This is awesome.” He hugged the surprised boy who looked frightened. What was he doing?
“I'm Tyson, your new brother.” Tyson held out his hand.
After a few tense seconds Rei shook his hand “I'm Rei, nice to meet you” his quiet voice said.
Tyson noticed the necklace Mariah gave him. “That's pretty.”
“A girl I met at the orphanage gave it to me.”
“If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?” Tyson hoped he wasn't prying.
“My dad murdered my mum. I don't see yours around. What happened to them?”
Tyson looked sad “Sorry to hear that. My mum died giving birth to me. My dads working overseas. His a scientist. Because he didn't have time for me he sent me here.”
“Oh. Does he visit you? What does he do?”
“He always is working on beyblades. He creates different types and I test them. Like last week he sent me new Metal System Beyblades. There smaller so there harder to hit. And there more powerful in battle because there made of metal instead of plastic.”
It was all gibberish to Rei. “What's a beyblade?”
Tyson looked at Rei with a `how can you not know what a beyblade is' look. Rei looked down biting his lip nervously.
“Watch” Tyson took out a blue spinning top with a picture of a dragon on the centre and launched. Rei watched in wonder as the object no bigger than his hand kicked up dust. He smiled. Tyson watched as Rei went from confused to excited.
Rei remembered an object like that. Only it was white and instead of a dragon it was a white tiger. It was in a glass case in his father's home office. Sometimes he would get the courage to see if he could take it and see what it did. But as soon as his hand touched the familiar brass metallic knob he would shudder as what his father would do if he was caught. So he always stayed away fearing his father's wrath.
Tyson looked up to see a man that looked about his grandfather's age talking to Rei.