Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Adoption ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Adoption: chapter 3
 
“Your father was shot last night. He told me to give this to you. I'm really sorry kid” the stranger said before leaving as suddenly as he had come. Rei looked at the small object in his hand. It was the same beyblade that he had remembered seconds ago. Yes he decided it was exactly like it. The tiger looked so fierce even as a small picture that he wondered what it looked like in battle.
I wonder what its name is. Almost instantly it came to him. Drigger.
 
Nervously he set up the beyblade and launched like Tyson had. The beyblade zoomed around. Drigger gave a proud and fierce roar and came out of the beyblade before the spinning top stopped and fell still. Rei gave a happy yell and picked up the beyblade.
 
“That was amazing Rei. Teach me how you did that!” an excited Tyson yelled.
 
“I don't know. This is the first time I've done that.”
 
 
The moment of wonder was broken by the cruel laughing of 3 boys. They smirked. The red haired boy called out “Hey Tyson! Just the person I wanted to see.”
 
Tyson bit his lip “Shit!” Rei observed the boys as they came into full view. The leader had wild blue hair and crimson eyes that glared at him. His two friends, a boy with red hair and a boy with gray hair looked the same age as the leader. Maybe 16, Rei thought. They looked awfully mean.
 
Tala looked inspecting at him. “Who's your unlucky friend, loser?” The 3 boys surrounded Tyson.
 
“Leave Tyson alone!” Rei replied coldly, his golden eyes warning of danger.
 
“And who are you? I've never seen you in these parts.” Bryan said calmly.
 
“I'm his brother and you won't hurt Tyson!” said Rei his eyes blazing in anger.
 
The 3 laughed “Do you know who we are kid? You don't want to mess with us.”
 
All Rei needed to know is that they were going to hurt his brother. He growled before attacking Tala. Taking Tala by surprise he was able to land a good hit before the 3 boys descended into the battle. By the end of it Rei had knocked out Tala and Bryan but Kai proved tougher than he thought. In a few swift moves he found himself gasping for breath on the floor. Damm his tougher than I anticipated he thought as Kai walked away dragging his friends behind him. He pulled himself up and glared at the floor.
 
“Are you crazy? You've only been here half an hour and you already started a fight with the blitzkrieg boys. They are bad news.” Tyson looked surprised.
“They were going to beat you up. What was I supposed to do? Watch?” Rei replied.
 
“Are you okay?” Tyson asked concerned.
 
Rei had a cut on his lip and above his left eyebrow, bruises all over his arms and his ankle hurt when he put weight on it. “Nothing I can't handle” he replied.
 
Tyson tried to support Rei but he refused the offer every time insisting he was okay. Half way back to the dojo he started limping and the pain of his ankle became unbearable. He accepted Tyson assistance knowing it was the only way.
 
“Hey Max, can you help? Rei just got in a fight with the blitzkrieg boys and his hurt bad.” Tyson asked his friend who was at the door of the dojo. Max's concerned blue eyes stared at Rei wincing with each step he took. Together they helped him into the dojo and onto a bed.
 
“Tyson, get ice and the first aid kit” Max asked. He went to get a cloth and wiped the blood of Rei's face. Rei winced and pushed the cloth away but Max firmly kept at his job. Soon Rei fell asleep still wincing at every touch of the cloth. After his cuts had been treated Max had a look at his ankle. “I'm taking a look at that ankle.” Warned Max before revealing the area.
A huge gash sprouting blood that didn't look good at all. Rei winced, trying not to cry out in pain.
 
 
In the morning Rei wanted answers. Unfortunately it was a school day and his questions would have to wait.
 
Ray POV