Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Pairings: Ray/Kai, Onesided Ray/Asia

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Female Kai. Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters.

AN: I apologize for the long wait, but for whatever reason, this chapter was giving me a major headache. I just couldn’t get the words right. I suppose I had what you call mild writer’s block. Not much fun, is it?

Without further ado, please enjoy this latest chapter. Comments and reviews are all appreciated. Reviews keep the inspiration alive and the adrenaline going. Thank you all very much.


------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

Chapter Fifteen:

“You were jealous of Asia, weren’t you?” Ray asked with a cheeky grin on his lips.

“What?” Kai said as she pushed herself back, a look of surprise on her face but it soon disappeared and an expression of disgust took its place. “What did she have that I could possible be jealous of?”

Ray suddenly moved forward and wrapped his arms around her once again, moving her so her hands were trapped against his chest and they were nearly nose-to-nose. “Me?” he said as he tilted his head to the side in question.

“What?” Kai stuttered as she fell into his chest, a dark blush dancing across her cheeks. If it weren’t for Ray’s arm holding her secure and safe, she was certain to have fallen off the bed she was so close to the edge. “What are you-?”

Gently, Ray cut her off by lifting a hand and letting it trail slowly up her side, arm, shoulder and neck. His thumb traced along her jaw line before moving to cradled the side of her face, his fingers entangling themselves in the rouge strands of hair around her ear. “There was nothing to be jealous of,” he whispered as he carefully titled Kai’s flushed face toward him.

Kai eyes widen at how close Ray was to her, she could feel his warm breath on her lips and they tingled with delight. “Ray?”

“I like you, Kai,” Ray told her, his voice sincere and genuine. “I like you more than a friend. I’ve had a crush on you for the longest time.”

“I…” Kai stuttered but then fell silent.

Ever since they first kissed back at the hotel, Kai had found herself inwardly debating what that kiss meant and how Ray felt towards her. Hearing him say the words, the words that he had liked her more than a friend really brought it home. In those few sentences, he summed up her feelings as well. He liked her as much as she liked him.

“I like you too, Ray,” she whispered, her eyes becoming half-lidded with anticipation, her heart beating wildly in her chest.

A warm smile appeared on Ray’s lips as he took a moment to gaze down at this beautiful young woman in his arms before his own eyes slid shut as he moved forward. His mouth closed over Kai’s, and she was swallowed up in a fierce wave of pleasure. She curled her fingers tightly in his shirt, allowing Ray to pull her closer against him. Her hands suddenly relaxed and she slid them up his chest to wrap her arms around his neck. Ray’s hand moved from her face to entwine his fingers in her hair, tilting her head just a little bit more to allow himself to run his tongue over her lips. Kai parted her lips on a gasp of pleasure, the gasp turning into a moan when Ray wasted no time in slipping past the serrated line of her teeth and devouring the warm softness of her mouth with his tongue.

Ray was in heaven. Kai tasted better than he remembered. He brushed his tongue against Kai’s and he felt a shot of electricity shoot through him at the contact. He brushed his tongue against hers again, coaxing her to be a bit more assertive. Kai took up the challenge and soon they were lapping up the distinct taste of each like a dehydrated man in a desert oasis.

Removing his hand from her hair to wrap an arm around her back, Ray ran his tongue along the roof of Kai’s mouth before pulling back to break the kiss. As Kai panted softly from the passionate kiss, Ray boldly leaned forward and placed a soft and experimental kiss on the side of her neck.

“Ray,” Kai gasped as a jolt of pleasure shook her body. Her arms unwound themselves from around his neck and she rested her hands on his shoulder blades, once again her fingers grasping the material of his shirt tightly.

A sly grin made its way onto his lips and Ray moved forward to press his lips to her neck again. When he received no sign of disapproval, he closed his mouth over the sensitive skin and shamelessly begins to suck and lick her into complete submission.

“Ray?” Kai whimpered as she tilted her head to the side to give him more room. Ripples of pleasure shook her body in such a way she never felt before. A dark blush adorned her features as she made a half-hearted attempt to push the neko away. “Someone might see.”

Reluctantly, Ray pulled back, happy with the light pink mark on her neck, one that will fade in quickly as he was being careful and gave her a cheeky look as he pecked her on the lips. “I guess it’s not necessary to ask if you want to be my girlfriend, huh?”

“Girlfriend?” Kai murmured, her blush still lingering as she thought of people knowing as Ray’s girlfriend. That gave her the prefect excuse to chase away any more Asia’s out there.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to her and she felt slightly nervous. “I guess that means you don’t want me dressing as a guy anymore, either,” she muttered, the thought of suddenly coming out as a girl made her felt uneasy.

“There’s no point, Kai,” Ray told her bluntly, but a sense of understanding in his voice when he realizes that she would be uncomfortable about the whole process. “We know now. Besides, I think it will be best if you keep those bandages off for a while, don’t you?”

Kai remained silent for a moment. “…You’re not going to get me in a dress, Kon,” she warned, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

A laugh erupted from Ray’s throat and he shook his head in amusement. “I’m not trying to, although I sure you would look amazing,” he added, which earned himself a blush of embarrassment. “But I am not going to treat you like I used to.”

“What?”

“How could I?” he asked, that same cheeky neko type grin spreading across his lips. “Now that I can shower you with affection whenever I want?”

Kai didn’t know whether to be pleased with that answer, or nervous as now the neko would pounce on her whenever he felt fit. And from that look of tenderness and warmth, with a hint of mischievousness, in his eyes she knew that there was very little she could do to stop him.

And she knew deep within her heart, she didn’t want to.

“…I’ll continue to dress as a guy for Beyblade matches, ok?” she said after a moment of silence. “I just…don’t want to whole world to know yet.”

“Ok,” Ray said, pleased with the compromise. Truthfully, he wanted Kai to dress as a guy for their battles as well, only because it might keep away any potential love interests in the form of their fellow bladers.

And he knew that if any of the others find out, a certain handful of them would come after Kai like she was the last piece of candy at a weight watches convention.

Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, Ray leaned forward and pressed their lips together once again. Ray was holding her in such a way that Kai had to grasp onto his shoulders as he leaned her back, deepening the kiss. Just as he ran his tongue over her lips like he did before, the door to Kai’s hospital room flew open and a certain group of impatient individuals piled in.

“Ahem,” Max forced a cough, which made the two embracing teen push away from each other. Ray took a step back as Kai stared at them from her bed, frazzled and embarrassed.

“Don’t you knock?” Kai asked them as her eyebrow gave a sudden twitch, but feeling like she wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

But the others chose to ignore her question and simply looked at her with expressions of amusement. “I guess we’re going to have to get used to seeing stuff like that,” Tyson suddenly teased.

“Oh, how sweet,” Hilary giggled into the bags she was holding in her arms. She then looked own at them and took the steps necessary to get to Kai’s bed. She placed the bags on a chair near her bed and pulled out a set of clothing she had already picked out for her to wear today.

“I bought you some new clothes,” she said as she handed the bundle over to her.

Kai looked at the offering with a weary gaze; mildly noting that although she didn’t see any bright colors at the moment, didn’t mean they’re not there some where.

“Don’t worry,” Hilary said with a laughing tone. “There’s nothing pink in there.”

Kai blushed lightly and took the clothing from her setting it down on her lap. “…Thank you,” she murmurs, still uncomfortable in the fact that everyone knows she was a girl.

“I had no idea what size you were, so I got your clothes bigger than you probably need,” Hilary said, heedless of her uneasiness. “Just so you would be comfortable. Do you want to get dressed now?”

Kai looked down at the clothes again and then at the hideous hospital gown. “…I suppose.”

“Great,” Hilary said as she clapped her hands in front of her and gave the reluctant female a bright smile. She then suddenly turned to the other occupants in the room and gave them a stern look. “Now, you guys, shoo! I’ll help Kai into her new clothes, you wait outside.”

The guys looked ready to protest at being ordered around, but Hilary simply started pushing them out. “If you think I’m going to let you stay in her while she gets dressed, then you’ve got another thing coming,” she then glanced over her shoulder and sent Ray a look. “Same goes with you, Ray.”

“Fine, fine. I’m going,” Ray said as he threw her hands up in surrender. He then placed a quick kiss to Kai’s cheek, startling her before moving to step outside. “We’ll be just outside, Kai.”

Kai gingerly touched her cheek were Ray kissed her and nodded. “I’ll be fine,” she muttered as Ray closed the door.

When the door shut with a click, Ray turned around and found himself the subject of several knowing looks and he felt a trickle of sweat slip down from his temple. “Er, what’s up?”

“You and Kai, huh?” Tyson said, seemingly relishing in the neko’s discomfort. “How long as this been happening?”

“We’re officially together as of ten minutes ago,” Ray said, unable to stop himself from smiling. “But I’ve been crushing on her for ages.”

“Did Kai tell you the reason why she was dressing as a guy in the first place?” Kenny asked, is laptop shut and sitting snuggly under his arm. “I bet it was because of her grandfather, right?”

Ray pressed his lips together in annoyance at the thought of the old tyrant and nodded. “Yeah. Apparently, from what Kai told me, he was a sexist pig.”

“That would explain a lot,” Max said as he nodded his head in understanding.

Suddenly, the door opened behind Ray and Hilary popped her head out, looking pleased with herself. “You can come in now,” she said as she moved to open the door further, letting Ray in first.

When he stepped back inside, Ray saw Kai in her new attire and felt his mouth drop open. Sure, her clothing was pretty casual, but she looked amazing. She wore a simple light blue denim skirt with the hemline purposely frayed and a simple black singlet top with the word ‘Angel’ written in silver and purple on the front. The top was long; easily covering the waistband of her skirt. And it was comfortable; not too big and not too tight.

It appeared that Hilary did her hair as well. Her long midnight blue hair at the back had been pulled into a very loose bun at the back of her head; her stormy gray tresses are now softly framing her face, two long strands, one on either side of her face, trails down with gentle waves to touch her chest.

Kai sat on the edge of the bed; her long legs just touching the floor, a thick bandage covered one ankle as the other remained bare. Next to the bed was a pair of crutches for her to use until her ankle had fully recovered. She had a hairline fracture in one of the bones in her ankle, so she had been ordered to use those crutches until the bone heals. And Ray was going to make sure she stuck to that order.

“Well?” Hilary said as she moved to stand with the others. “What do you think?”

“You look great, Kai,” Ray complimented as he took a step forward.

Kai looked up at him before she promptly blushed and turned her head away, embarrassed. “I feel weird,” she muttered, one hand grasping the edge of the bed as the other moved to play with her top, subconscious mostly about her chest.

“We’ll have to go bra shopping when you’ve healed enough to wear one,” Hilary suddenly announces, a happy smile on her lips. She loved hanging around with her boys, but it was also nice to have another girl around. And she couldn’t have asked for a better female companion than Kai. Oh, it was going to be so much fun teaching Kai how to be a girl!

Kai outwardly grimaced and Ray had to bite his lip to stop himself from letting loose a chuckle.

“Oh, it’ll be fun,” Hilary continued as she gave Ray a look as well. “Ray should come as well.”

Ray abruptly stopped his inner chuckles and turned to face her with a bewildered look. “Wha-?”

“Don’t you dare think of making any excuses, Kon,” Kai suddenly hissed at him. “If I’m going shopping, you’re coming too.”

“Besides,” Hilary giggled as she playfully nudged Ray in the side. “We’ll need a big, strong male to hold all the bags.”

Despite himself, a smile appeared on Ray’s lips as he turned to look at Kai again. She had the most sour look on her face, her eyebrows creased in annoyance and her lips drawn into a cute pout. And he didn’t miss the name Kon by any means. Guy or girl, Kai was still Kai and she still resorted to his last name whenever she was annoyed about something.

“Um, hey guys,” Max said, a sense of reluctance in his voice. “I don’t want to be a downer, but what happened to Asia?”

“Crap,” Ray said as he winced. “I almost forgot about her.”