Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Betraying Memories (updated) ❯ Midtown madness pt.1 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: sorry , sorry , sorry I'm late again. It's because I had very important exams and I didn't have enough time to continue the fic , but from now and on I will update each week. And thanks for all those who reviewed I have more than 60 reviews!!! That's awesome at least for me , a lot o' thanks!!

Betraying Memories #10 Midtown Madness

The Blade Breakers and the White Tigers were trapped in that old alley between two store houses (just like the Blade Sharks' base). Actually the whole area was full of abandoned store houses. The streets' ends were blocked by black cars and some men dressed in black with black glasses. But three of those men followed kai and the others and they were approaching to the alley with guns in hand.

"We're trapped" said Lee , as he watched that there was no escape , but then Kai , Ray and Lee thought the same as they saw the brick walls, they were close enough one to another to climb them.

Kai knew he had to do something , otherwise all of the others could get hurt. Kai turned to see Ray and Lee , and they nodded knowing that they had the same idea just by looking each other's eyes.

"What are you planning, did I miss something?" said Tyson , "Ray, take Chief" said Kai, "Huh?" said Max , "Gary you'll take care of Tyson and I will carry Max" said Lee , still Max , Tyson nor Kenny understood what they were talking about.

The shadows were approaching , Gary took Tyson as he was a bag or something like that , "hey , what are you doing?!" replied Tyson , "Tyson! Shut up!" said Lee , "Wait until I give you the order" Kai said as he placed himself in front of the others. Lee and Ray nodded as each of them took Kenny and Max. Mariah and Kevin were getting ready to jump.

Then two men stood in front of them aiming them with guns. "Now!!" yelled Kai , then Gary ,with Tyson , Ray with Kenny , Lee with Max , Mariah and Kevin jumped. Then the men aimed to them but they didn't noticed that Kai stood down. Then before the men could shoot Kai kicked a trash can that was beside him, and the trash can hit directly in the face of one of the black clothed men , it sent him flying and fell unconscious.

The other man aimed at Kai but he wasn't there anymore , when he turned to see down he saw Kai and tried to aim but Kai moved so fast that he didn't have the opportunity to aim , then Kai punched him in the jaw and the man was also sent flying.

Meanwhile Ray , Lee and the rest of the White Tigers climbed the walls in form of a zigzag, they jumped from one wall to another until they reached the top. Ray let down Kenny , Lee let down Max and Gary let down Tyson .

"Where's Kai?" asked Tyson , "Don't worry he'll be fine" said Lee. But Tyson ran to the edge of the store house just in time to see that man flying. Kai then started jumping wall from wall . He took impulse each time he jumped from a wall until he reached the top and stood in front of Tyson.

"Nice punch" said Tyson , "Humph" was Kai's only response as he passed By Tyson's side. "They wont wait , we need to hurry" said Kai , "What's the plan?" asked Mariah , "If we keep running into that direction we can reach the city and find the BBA's offices , they wont follow us there" said Kai.

"But..." Ray didn't finish speaking because of some bullets that recoiled in the iron floor , that came from the store house behind them. Three men were standing there aiming at them and shooting .

(There were like twenty store houses lined and their length was about twelve meters , and the length between each store house was lie one and a half meter, they had roofs in form of triangle but the part that's supposed to be the peak of the triangle had a plane part were the Blade Breakers stood)

They didn't have other choice than to run. They started running , Lee and Kevin were in the front followed by Mariah and Max , Kenny, Tyson and Gary and at the end Ray and Kai. They were running almost in couples because they didn't have enough space otherwise they would slip from the roof because of its vertical form. They were running in the stores houses' roof , they had to jump from house to house , Kenny was helped by Gary to jump from house to house , Mariah helped Tyson and Max used all his effort to jump from house to house and he actually was doing it well.

Ray thought for a moment in going down the roofs because if someone slipped it would have a dangerous fall , but then he saw other men wearing black clothes following them in the street. The sun was starting to set so everything took a orange-yellowish tone.

Kai and the others ran over 10 houses , they were getting near to the end , they knew that if they could get there they surely could escape because the end conducted to a passageway were cars couldn't fit and they easily could loose the men running.

Tyson was starting to sweat hard , but as he saw near him some bullets recoiling he gained strength and ran more quickly. They were starting to get tired. But three more houses and they will make it. Their faces shined of happiness as they saw the last house. They thought they made it.

But when they jumped to the last house , Ray stood on a part of the roof that was very rusted and weakened by the others that stepped in it. The rusted part broke and Ray's foot was sank up to the ankle "Ughh " Ray moaned as he lost balance and fell to the part of the roof that was vertical , Ray was slipping "RAY!!" said Mariah as she saw Ray falling from the roof , "Ray!" said Tyson , Lee and the rest of them.

When Ray was about to fall a hand caught him by the left wrist , Ray turned to see , it was Kai that slipped on purpose without loosing balance to catch Ray by the wrist. Ray hung from Kai's hand at the edge of the roof. The roof had those thingies or pipes that were used to move the water from rains. Kai's both legs were gaining support with those pipes. Ray used his right hand and started to climb but a bullet recoiled right in the spot Ray was going to climb.

Kai clenched his teeth as he saw that they were surrounded , the guys that were behind them , already reached them and other three men blocked the passage way they were going to use to escape.

Three men in each end , that were aiming them but not shooting.

"There's no escape" said Mariah as she searched for a possible exit , but if they jumped the guys down there would catch them as well . Lee , the white Tigers and the rest of the Blade breakers stuck together forming a little group all of them sweating of fear. Kai and Ray stayed paralyzed as Ray hung from Kai's hand. Kai tried to lift Ray but one of the men shot him a warning shot that made a little slash in his cheek , a little blood stream came rolling down Kai's cheek.

"KAI!!" yelled the Blade Breakers , "Kai! Are you okay?!" asked Ray , "Don't move" said one of the men. "Kai, your grandfather wishes to see you" said again the man.

"Give up or your friends will pay the consequences" said the men as he put his finger in the trigger aiming the rest of them. The Blade Breakers and the White Tigers muted .

"Kai ,don't go" said Ray , but Ray stopped talking as he saw Kai's expression , his eyes thinned and muttered "Voltaire" with anger and hatred , "Kai ?" asked Ray but Kai ignored him. As Kai anger rised up Ray could feel as if Kai's hand was starting to heat up.

"Well I think I'll have to give you a demonstration" said the man and aimed to Max , Max went completely pale. "MAX!!!" yelled Ray.

Ray could swear he saw Kai's triangles go black .

The man slowly pulled the trigger , "We have to do something!" said Ray and he saw Kai's eyes and for a moment Ray feared Kai. Kai's eyes went completely white and then completely red , and before the man could trigger black flames covered him . Ray yelled a little as he felt that Kai's hand was burning his wrist. All of them turned to see the guy covered by flames as he screamed in agony, he lost balance and fell from the roof covered in flames.

The Blade Breakers , The white tigers and ray watched in awe as the man fell. They couldn't believe what they were seeing. Soon all the other five men aimed Kai, and before they could do anything they were also covered by black flames and two of the men that blocked the passage way fell from the roof but the other lied down there and died. The other two also lied and died.

Ray again felt as if something burned his wrist but this time he didn't yelled , he closed his eyes waiting for the pain to go.

The black flames slowly disappeared leaving the burned lifeless bodies. And also Kai's marks went blue again.

As Kai's eyes went normal again , the burning sensation in Ray's wrist slowly disappeared. "Are you okay?" asked Kai , Ray slowly opened his eyes just to meet with Kai's. Ray was invaded by confusion but anyway he nodded.

Kai lifted Ray , and put Ray's left arm around Kai's neck.. Kai jumped and took Ray to the rest of the team. But as soon as Kai let Ray , Ray fell in one knee and gripped his right ankle as he clenched his teeth. "Ray , are you ok?" asked Mariah , Ray uncovered his ankle "My god! We need to take you out of here" said Mariah , the rest of them forgot for a second of the weird fire that killed those men , and turned to see Ray. Ray's ankle had cuts all around it , and some deep wounds, blood flooded from Ray's ankle. When his ankle sank the sharp pieces of metal cut him.

"We have no time to rest, soon more of them are going to be here" said Kai as he lifted Ray and again he put Ray's arm around his neck and started walking. The rest of them walked. But when they passed by the burned body they remembered again that black flames and shivered , they could feel a frightening cold in their spine as they saw the body. All except Kai , who knew what really had happened.

"Stop!!" yelled trembling of fear a black clothed man aiming them with a shaking hand , and blocking their way, "I.. I.. wont ..le...let.. you. pass" said the frightened man. Kai turned to see him and the man looked Kai and dropped his gun and started shaking. Kai's eyes glowed red a little , but that was enough to scare the man. As soon as the man saw Kai's eyes glow a little, he screamed and ran to the other way leaving the free way.

"What was that?" asked Tyson , then they used some old iron stairs to get down. Kai helped Ray with the stairs and as they walked they saw the black cars going at full speed But not at their direction they were running away.

They walked in silence until Max broke it "What do you think that black fire was?" none of them responded for a while then Lee spoke "I don't know but I bet we should not try to discover it"

Since there no one spoke until they reached the BBA's office. "Thank god!! I was sick worried about you , The hotel room was a mess" said Mr. Dickenson , "Don't worry for us Ray is the one who needs help" said Tyson , then Mr.Dickenson watched Ray "Oh my, we need to take you to the hospital , and the rest of you can stay in the blader's room" said Mr. Dickenson . After a while Ray was taken to the hospital, Mariah went with him as well as Lee. Kevin and Gary went to another hotel.

-------- In the Balcov's Abbey-------

"What!!? you didn't caught him??" Yelled Voltaire by cell phone as he sat in his office. Boris stood up in front of him.

Voltaire closed his cell phone with fury. He stood up and impatiently walked to the window. "He killed six of our best men" said Voltaire , "well that just proofs that the experiment is working although it isn't finished" said Boris

"We need to get him before his body starts to have secondary effects" said Boris

"Lie what?" asked Voltaire

"His body didn't received the complete treatment , so maybe Black Dranzer could find the opportunity to take control of Kai , and if he succeeds we may not be able to stop Kai" said Boris

"How am I going to get him , he knows I can't get him there" said Voltaire

"We have to get him out and I know the perfect way" said Boris as he made a phone call.

-----------back at the room with the Blade Breakers---------

The room had a little kitchen , living room with a little table , and a dormitory with four beds.

All of them were silent , Tyson was eating calmly , Max was drinking a glass of water , Kenny typed in Dizzy and Kai was in the bathroom washing the blood from his face. Kai felt tired but he acted as he doesn't. When Kai finished washing his face a little slash was in his cheek.

When Kai took his BBA coat , Max , Tyson and Kenny noticed that the slash Kai had in his arm was gone.

"Where's your wound?" asked Max

"Dranzer healed me" said Kai as he remembered the warm sensation that Dranzer gave him, when he was in Elena's house.

-----flashback--------- You can see Kai in the sofa , right in the moment that Dranzer glows , Kai's injury healed.

----------end flashback-------------

"that can't be possible! Kai ! I demand you to tell me what the hell is happening here!" said an impatient Tyson

"Ha , you giving me orders?" Kai said in a sarcastic way, "Kai!" be serious , but before a fight started Mr. Dickenson entered the room with Ray behind him.

"Ray are you fine?" asked Max , Ray smiled and nodded , his ankle was just bandaged. "The doctor said I'll be fine , I just need to rest" said Ray "I'm glad" said Kenny,

"Kai your injury needs to be healed" said Mr. Dickenson as he saw Kai's cheek. "I'll be fine" was Kai's only reply. Ray remembered when Kai helped him in the roof and if it wasn't for him Ray would surely fall.

"Kai , I never told you thanks for saving me" said Ray

"don't worry" said Kai , "Tyson , you'll never guess who we found downstairs" said Ray

"Who?" said an excited Tyson , But his face totally fell as his grandpa entered swinging his kendo stick.

"What!? Didn't you miss me?" Asked his grandfather "Ray, you need to learn how to make better jokes" said Tyson "He didn't mean that" a blue haired man entered the room , "Dad!!" yelled Tyson. Tyson's father looked Kai with a suspicious look, he thought he have seen Kai somewhere else , but where?

-------------Bla bla bla bla some minutes later--------- It was already night. They were all sitting around the table except Kai who is leaned in a wall with eyes closed, and Tyson's father tells them that he has been following Boris plans , but he tells them that since he knew Boris worked in the Abbey , he hasn't been able to discover anything else.

Then the room kept silent. "Dad today we saw something real weird" said Tyson ,Kai opened his eyes , "Like what?" asked Tyson's father , Tyson turned to see Kai also the rest of the Blade Breakers. Tyson's father , Tyson's grandfather and Mr. Dickinson. "What is it Kids?"

All of them looked to the floor and stayed silent , Kai sighed and talked "they were following me, not you" all turned to see Kai. "why did you escape from the abbey?" asked Chief , "and why where they shooting you?" asked Tyson "Shooting!!??" asked Tyson's father. Tyson's father , grandpa and Mr. Dickinson were amazed.

"because I discovered their plan" said Kai , "What plan?" asked Tyson's father , "They're trying to create and control bit-beasts all around the world" said Kai

"For what?" asked grandpa "their plan is to conquer the world using bit- beasts" said Kai , the room went silent but all of them were totally amazed.

"We must call the police" said Tyson's father , "It's no use" said Kai , "Huh?" said Tyson's father , "Voltaire controls the police and almost everything in Russia , the only way to stop him is winning the championship" as Kai finished all of them were astonished.

"why?" asked Max , "'cause as soon as his corporation wins , he'll acquire other companies around the world , providing him of a base in each point in the world , and the perfect location to trap each bit-beasts each region can have"

Kai started to lightly sweat, but Ray noticed it.

"That explains why I couldn't enter the abbey" said Tyson's father.

"That's all I know" said Kai.

Again , the room kept silent , Ray stared at Kai , he could see that Kai was sweating and gasping a little . "Kai are you okay?" asked Ray , but he received no answer , everyone looked at Kai , then Kai noticed what had just happened.

"Kai , you don't look well" said Max , "yeah, are you ok?" asked Kenny. "I just... I just need to rest" said Kai as he walked to the dormitory. Ray worried as well as the other members and it could be see in their eyes.

"Don't worry he'll be fine , he has always been a strong person" said Mr. Dickinson , "I agree with you , he's not as Tyson" said Tyson's grandpa , "What!?" said Tyson , "Do you want to fight?" asked Grandpa as he waved his kendo stick. Tyson growled like a dog and started their usual fight , Max and Kenny just laughed. Ray stared to the dormitory's direction worried for Kai.

"Tyson , what's the weird thing you were going to tell us?" asked his father , "weel, some men from Biovolt tried to capture Kai , but from nowhere some black flames charcoaled them" said Tyson

"Really?" asked his grandpa , "Well , they were about to ill us when out from nowhere they cuagh up in black fire and died" said Max

"I'm sure that it was bit-beast" said Dizzy

Everyone turned to see the computer "Are you sure Dizzy?" asked Ray

"I can't be wrong, I can recognize a bit-beast attack when I see it" replied Dizzy

Ray looked to the burn he had in his wrist "maybe... no it can't be" muttered Ray

"Did you said something?" asked Kenny

"No , nothing" said Ray

"Well, be better let you sleep because in two days is the great final and you need tomorrow to train" said Mr. Dickinson as he and Tyson's grandpa walked out.

"I need to talk to Tyson ,I'll be there in a second" said Tyson's father , Mr. Dickinson nodded and walked out but still grandpa and Tyson growled at each other.

Tyson and his father walked to the Balcony. It was a fresh night and the moon lighted everything. "What do you want to talk about?" asked Tyson.

"That kid..." said Tyson's father , "Who , Kai?" asked Tyson , Tyson's father nodded , "What about him?... ah I understand , but don't worry he's always been like that specially with us" said Tyson , "I see , but I didn't mean t that . those marks on his face , do you know where he got them? Are they real?" asked Tyson's father. "Since I met him he has that marks on his face... and (Tyson remembered when Kai fell to the lake) they are real tattoos , I guess" said Tyson

"I see" said Tyson's father , "Why?" said Tyson, but Tyson's father didn't had time to reply , "GUYS!!" they heard Ray's yell. So Tyson and his father entered running to the dormitory where Kenny , Max and Ray stood.

"What is it Ray?" asked Tyson , "Look" said Ray as he pointed Kai who pressing his head , moaning and clenching its teeth.

"I tried to touch him but he almost burned me" said Max , "burned!?" said Tyson , then Ray looked to his slightly burned wrist. "maybe , Max's right" said Ray

"You too?" said Tyson , "Let's calm him" said Tyson's father as he approached to Kai. All of them nodded.

From Kai's body some little electric-red charges emerged , they broke the lights and the room went dark.

Kai could hear Black Dranzer's voice , telling him to surrender while making Kai feel a lot of pain through all his body. "I f you surrender , You'll have great powers and you will stop feeling this pain" Black Dranzer's voice echoed trough Kai's head.

"Never...never" said Kai , so the pain intensified and as Tyson's father tried to control Kai, but Kai moved him away unconsciously , but Kai didn't controlled his power so Tyson's father was sent flying to the furniture breaking a lamp, the furniture itself , and a mirror leaving Tyson's father unconscious.

"Dad!!" yelled Tyson as he ran to help his father "Kai you must control yourself!" yelled Ray , but Kai was deaf to the outside world ,he could only hear Black Dranzer's voice.

Tyson's father slowly opened his eyes , gaining consciousness.

Then Kai let his arms fall , as he evily smiled, and his eyes glowed red again , Ray gasped "again.." Ray thought. Although they couldn't see , because of the dark room , Kai's marks went black again.

"What's happening here!?" asked a frightened Kenny , Max and Tyson were also scared they didn't knew what to do.

"Then Dranzer's beyblade started to glow and a semi-transparent form of Dranzer appeared in front of everyone "Who are you?" asked Dranzer , "Someone that's farther more powerful than you" a voice came from Kai's mouth "Let him alone!" yelled Dranzer , "I will not "came Kai's voice.

"I'll make you" said Dranzer as she glowed red and blinded everyone. When the light was gone , Dranzer was also gone , fog was everywhere , the fog slowly dissappeared ,Kai stood absent .

"Kai!" said Ray as he ran to Kai , but as soon as he touched Kai , little smoke came from Ray's hand. Ray was very confused "what's happening? I can't understand" thought Ray.

"Why don't we help him out?" said Max , Ray nodded but when Max touched Kai it happened the same than that with Ray.

Tyson was helping his father to get up , Kenny took Dranzer's beyblade.

"Tyson we need help" said Max "wait" said Tyson as he helped his father to lay down in one of the beds.

When Tyson tried to touch Kai , it happened the same "Ow!! I can't understand , I think Kai didn't told us everything after all" said Tyson. They waited until Kai's body didn't burned them and placed Kai in one of the beds.

Then Kai woke up of his transition state.

He walked by himself , he layed on a bed and he slept.

"What is happening here!?" yelled Tyson

"We can't do anything but to wait" said Tyson's father , Kai wasn't taken to a hospital because they knew Kai was being chased , and if they took Kai to a hospital he could easily be captured.

Five hours had passed since Kai blacked out. It was four a.m. , but all of them were pretty tired from the chasing of that evening. Ray fell asleep , besides Kai's bed , he slept in his knees with arms used as a pillow. Max slept sitting in a chair. Tyson drooled while he was sleep in the floor ,and Kenny used Dizzy as a pillow.

Tyson's father was still awake , watching Kai. "I'm sure I've seen this kid somewhere but I don't remember where... he remembers me of my friend of the university ,but I don't know if he had a son..." thought Tyson's father , "And those marks... those are signs of a research , but I don't want to believe that somebody has experimented with humans, but that power he had makes me think the opposite"

Kai moaned a little and muttered "never..." , Tyson's father "well , at least he's getting better" thought Tyson's father.

One hour later , Kai opened his eyes and looked the room, the furniture and a mirror were totally destroyed. He sat up quickly thinking that Biovolt had come for him.

"Don't worry you're safe" Kai heard Tyson's father's voice. Kai saw everyone sleeping and he relieved.

"What happened here?" asked Kai , "Why don't you tell us?" asked Tyson , who had just wake up.

"I..." Kai was interrupted by someone who knocked the door. Ray , Max and Kenny slowly woke up. "Kai!! Are you ok?" asked Ray.

But Kai walked to the door ignoring Ray , after all he didn't remembered what happened last night.

A woman with secretary look stood in the door "I'm searching for mr. Kai hiwatari" Kai nodded , "you have a waiting call, please go to the lobby" and with that Kai walked downstairs.

"What!!" yelled Tyson , "Why does he ignores us like that?" said Max. Ray just looked confused.

-----down at the lobby-----

Kai took the phone , then he heard Bori's voice "Hi, kai" Kai clenched his teeth , "boris..." "you can't hide" said Boris , "what do you want?" said Kai.

"Actually , what do you want is in risk" said Boris , "What do you mean?" asked Kai , "you better hurry" and with that Boris hung the phone.

Kai furiosly hung the phone, "what was that suppose to mean?" then Kai thought in the Blade Breakers , "damn" Kai thought, suddenly he ran to the room. He entered and saw veryone alright. But instead of feeling relief he felt more confused than ever in his life.

"Kai!! Now tell us everything!" ordered Tyson

But Kai was deep in thought , he didn't listen Tyson speak. "If he didn't mean my team members, then who?...........it can't be!" Kai thought , Then he suddenly ran , "Kai wait!" yelled Ray as he ran after Kai , Ray couldn't catch him but he heard Kai's voice before he left , "he's after Elena".

Hope you like it!! Sorry for being late and sorry for the spelling mistakes I'll try to updta enext week!! Ow and this the half oif the chapter, I uploaded it incomplete because I wanted to put something as fast as I could!!

Thanks to!!

Dakuu!! , Kawai angel!! , Kasomie!! Shadow frost panther!!master franny!! Pika 318!!! THANX you a lot!! Hope u like it!!