Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Betraying Memories (updated) ❯ Arrive ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Susaku: How ya doing?? R&R please, want some feedback, so how's the story, do you like, it?? Well people, suggestions are accepted, if you have any doubts about the plot, ask me right away!! Well here we are starting chapter 32, read and enjoy!! It may be a boring chapter, but now I'll update twice the week, so next chapters will contain more action I promise.
 
Chapter. Arrive
 
Kai flew up in the sky that now matched with his fiery colors; the sky was now shades of orange. Kai's eye lids were going down, as the tranquilizer effects , that remained dormant because of the adrenaline, now seemed to start having effect.
 
“… Damn… I need to return before it… really knocks me out” he said rubbing his eyes, as he flew towards the hotel he had just left hours ago.
 
He knew they surely had left, but he went to the room balcony. He peered from the now replaced balcony window he had shattered. He cursed under his breath, but before taking off, he caught something from the corner of his eye. His hand made its way to a small folded paper, stucked in the middle of the two transparent doors. Kai opened it up and tried as hard as he could to focus on the letters. He narrowed his eyes to get a better focus, until he managed to read, “Kai, meet us at the “Paradise” Hotel. Bla blab la” he couldn't make the rest of the phrase, which was nothing important, “take care, we'll be wating, sign Ray”
 
Kai took off again but this time he felt heavier, he had to get to the hotel and fast, luckily he knew the way to the hotel he had seen it before.
 
After the attack to the hotel Mr. Dickenson decided to took the team away to another secret location, it was another hotel, but no other than security staff knew that information.
 
Mr. Dickenson, Tyson's father, Kenny, Ian, Brian and Spencer had been knocked by Dranzer's powers, and from their minds was erased what they saw about Kai. When they woke up because of the glass that Kai shattered, Tyson and the rest of the gang told them that Tyson broke the window by accident, but still Mr. D. felt something wrong and decided to take the team away, and when he asked about Kai they told him that he went to take a walk.
 
Mr. Dickenson left a note to Kai at the lobby, and a transport ready to take him. Ray knew that Kai wouldn't appear at the lobby so he left a note in the balcony, hoping that Kai would get to the balcony. Tala stayed with the blade breakers while the rest of the demolition boys went to their houses. (I have not planned a plot for their lives, so they just went to what they would call homes, and that's it, sorry but I was in a rush).
 
It was a huge room. The new room had six beds, three walling and facing the other three beds. At the side of the entrance was a little kitchen, with a rectangular wooden table and eight chairs, one at the end of each smaller side, and the other six at the larger sides of the table. At the end was a medium sized balcony, with glass-sliding doors covered by curtains at the entrance-exit via balcony. And a T.V. was placed on top of a drawer, facing the six beds.
 
“Do you think Kai will be okay?” asked a worried Max, as he stared at the sky from the balcony window.
 
Ray placed his hand on Max's shoulder and nodded-smiled reassuringly. Max smiled and kept his gaze to the now darkened skies that gave welcome to the night.
 
“What's going on guys?” asked Kenny, “…oh, nothing Kenny” answered Tyson, but still Kenny wasn't convinced. “I know something's wrong, why can't-.”
But before anyone could speak Tala turned to see them, as he held the TV. remote in his left hand, “I think you should see this” he said quietly.
 
“What?” asked Tyson, as everyone now faced the TV set. A red headed woman was giving the news. “Now let's head with our correspondent at Yurven Park.” She said as the camera passed from the studio to, an open place, what seemed to be a park.
 
“We've got some important news, this afternoon, two helicopters were on a rampage, apparently they tried to catch a wild animal, apparently a huge red bird” said the men that held a microphone. “What the??!!” yelled Tyson.
“Shhhh , we need to listen carefully” said Max, Tyson just nodded as they saw the TV. set.
 
“A bird?” asked the red haired woman, the men nodded and said “Well that's what witnesses from the park say, and they all agree, yet there are few who said that they got a better look from the living object, and they say it's a kind of angel, Can you believe it?” said the man almost mocking at the witnesses that glared at him angrily from behind.
 
“Well, thus the helicopters collapsed, even one of them was blown up to pieces, the crew flew from the scene, and the police couldn't find the owner of the helicopters” said the man. Shortly after, the incident wasn't discussed , and Tala turned off the TV.
 
“Well, it seems he'll be fine” said Tala to no one in particular. “Who'll be fine, who?” insisted Kenny, but everyone seemed to ignore him. Kenny sighed in defeat, then they heard knocks in the door. Ray opened the door revealing Mr. Dickenson and Mr. Granger entered the room, following Ray. “Do any of you, know something about Kai?” asked Mr. Dickenson as he watched his wristwatch.
 
Ray answered “ummm, actually yes, he called” , everyone looked at Ray, “But, this room's phone line has been blocked for your own security” stated Tyson's father.
 
“ Shoot” Ray muttered under his breath. “I have a cell phone” said Tala, who showed a silver colored cell phone, and placed it again in his pocket. “He said he would come later, we already gave him the address” said Ray, “So there's no need to search him” said Max.
“Oh, I understand , I will call to the other hotel to remove the transport that's waiting Kai. Kids, tomorrow first hour , we are going to take the flight to Japan, are you coming Tala?” asked Mr. Dickenson.
Tala looked to the floor, he didn't know what to do, Mr. Dickenson smiled, “Don't you worry, I'll buy you a ticket. Good night, sleep well” he said, and the others answered in chorus, good nights, sleep wells, Tala simply nodded and said thanks to Mr. Dickenson.
 
Mr. Dickenson left the room. “Hey dad, aren't you suppose to stay with Mr. Dickenson?” asked Tyson, hoping that his father could leave the room. “Don't worry, I'll stay here tonight, isn't that great?” he asked cheerfully. “…yeah…” Tyson sighed. Tyson's father sat comfortably in one sofa and started to watch TV.
 
.----- meanwhile in the now dark skies of Russia-----
 
Kai flew high I the skies, he didn't want to get detected or seen by anyone. But his body couldn't take it as it slowly felt the doziness of the solution he was injected with, the quantity they gave him was powerful enough to kill any human the instant it would be injected, but not for Kai, his body endured all kinds of tranquilizer will he was at the abbey. That's why Voltaire knew that Kai would need to be stopped with a powerful doze.
 
Although Kai was fused with Dranzer, Voltaire knowing that Kai probably possessed immunity , ordered a high concentration to be shot to Kai, as Kai felt the effects he realized that Voltaire had planned it all very well.
 
Kai desperately wanted to fall into the oblivion, but no he had to fight a little longer, the hotel was already at his sight range. Kai flapped heavily through the ice-cold clouds. A full moon lighted Kai's way, if somebody was admiring the moon, they would surely see a winged-figure passing by.
 
Kai's mind slipped in and out of consciousness, his scarlet wings were growing heavier each minute that passed.
 
Kai was about to finally let the darkness take control over his body, although he was so near the hotel. Kai's wings stopped flapping and he was now free falling, then something really cold, touched his cheek and melted away. Kai's eyes snapped open and regained control, now he was at the buildings height. He watched the sky as small snowflakes danced in the air. Kai saw the building next to him, and smiled weakly , and making the last effort he glided down, but how was he supposed to find them??
 
But somehow he sensed where the other beasts were and glided to the balcony, he couldn't handle it anymore and collapsed right in balcony.
 
----- Moments earlier------
 
 
 
“Is there a way that you can get your father out of here?” asked Max, Tyson shook his head in denial, “I don't think so, but I'll try” said Tyson.
 
“Mmmm dad?” He asked, “yes?” he said without stop watching the TV. “It would be better if you sleep in your own room, I mean, after all where would you sleep?” he asked. “Don't worry, I can use the sofa” he said as he surfed the channels.
 
“But dad” he said, this time his dad turned and saw him, “Is there a problem, son?” he asked, “Well it's that-.” His voice was interrupted by a THUD, outside in the balcony. Everyone's eyes widened (except Kenny's and Tyson's dad's) they knew it had to be Kai, who else could climb up to that floor, one of the highest of the hotel.
 
Ray stopped reading, Max stopped eating cookies, Tala sat down from his resting position in the bed, Tyson stopped arguing. The room went silent and their gazes were locked on the glass doors behind the curtains.
 
“What was that?” asked Tyson's dad as he started walking to the terrace, Tyson blocked his way, “I'm sure it was your imagination” he said, “I heard that too” said Kenny. “Move Tyson” he pushed his son away, and before anyone could stop him, someone knocked the door. Phews could be heard in the room as Tyson's father headed towards the door instead of the balcony. It was a guy from the lobby; “Mr. Granger?” asked the red coated man.
 
“Yes?” he said, “You have a call, sir, please answer it in the lobby” he said and with that he walked away. “Kids, I'll be right in a minute” he said and closed the door before he walked to the lobby.
 
After he left the boys hurried to the terrace glass doors, they removed the curtains and slid the doors.
 
“AHHH!!” yelled Kenny from behind as and jumped backwards as he saw a darkened winged figure on the balcony floor, then Ray and Tala rushed past him, grabbed the winged Kai and dragged him and placed the unconscious Kai in one of the beds. Kenny was quite startled and fearful, as for Tyson, Ray, Tala and Max; they were worried about Kai and didn't pay attention to Kenny who totally freaked out.
 
Then Kai started to dimly glow in a golden light, that didn't blind the spectator's eyes. Kai's limp body started to slowly levitate as the wings slowly engulfed Kai into a feather cocoon. Slowly the wings opened again showing their two-blue shades haired captain. The wings turned into red glowing sparkles and disappeared. Kai slowly descended and softly landed in the bed again. The four boys panicked.
 
Ray quickly placed his ear in Kai's chest. “Is he ok?” asked a worried Max. Ray then smiled and lifted his head, “I think he's sleeping”, then Tala moved and checked Kai's pulse from his wrist and nodded in agreement.
 
“But why did he collapsed, was he that tired?” asked Tyson, “I was shot…with …a…tranquilizer” spoke a weak voice.
 
“Kai!” they all exclaimed, Kai slowly opened his eyes, narrowing trying to focus his friends' faces with no result, he could only saw their blurry forms. “I…” he said as he lost the battle to the tranquilizer again, and closed his eyes. “Kai!” Ray, Max and Tyson yelled in concern, shaking Kai a bit.
 
“He'll be fine by the morning, the tranquilizer effects will not last longer than that” he said calmly as he saw his abbey friend.
 
“What's this??!!” shrieked the brunet. “Damn, I totally forgot about Kenny!” yelled Tyson, “What should we do?” asked Max.
“What do you mean?!” replied Kenny.
 
“I think there's no use trying to hide things, we should tell him everything” said Ray, “I hope Kai understands” said Max. “Yeah, thus Kenny will sure help us a lot” said Tyson. Tala just nodded in agreement.
 
Ray walked to Kenny, followed by Tyson and then by Max, who had gone and covered Kai with the bedspread. Tala stayed behind and sat in a chair hearing what they were saying.
 
“Well this is what happened…” started Ray.
------Time later-----
 
“So that's why we were all sleeping, and not remembering a thing?” asked Kenny. Ray and the others nodded, except Tala who was sitting next to Kai's bed, in a Kai pose, arms crossed, closed eyes.
 
Silence reigned the room, until Tyson's father entered the room. “Guys, I have bad news, it seems that Kai is lost…” “Dad”, “What?” asked Tyson's father. Tyson just pointed to Kai's sleeping form. “When did he arrive??” he asked, “Like 40 minutes ago” said Ray.
 
“Oh, ok, I'll tell Mr. Dickenson, he had planned a search, because it was getting too late,…I think everything's settled, now go and do the same as Kai. Tomorrow we are leaving early so don't stay awake or you'll oversleep later,… well, Good night” he said and left the room as the others nodded.
 
They all went to sleep, finally morning sun came bathing the room with its warm rays. Aqua marine eyes opened, the red haired teen sat up, he was wearing black pants and a gray t-shirt. His gaze went to the bed that was next to him, and searched for the blue haired teen but find the made up bed, and watched the form that opened the curtains and let the sun enter the room.
 
Tala smiled and walked to the teen who wore blue cargo pants, a black tank top, and a long white scarf. The blue haired boy, closed his eyes feeling the warming sun in his pale skin.
 
Kai opened his crimson eyes just to meet a pair of aqua crystalline ones, they were friends of few words. “Should we go to Japan?” asked Tala. Kai turned to see his sleeping teammates and nodded , “If what Dranzer said is true, then we shall not take different paths, and we need a safe place to rest from Biovolt” said Kai. Tala nodded and smiled, Kai returned the smile, and both stood watching the morning rise.
 
Moments later, the others woke up, and Tyson was the last one to awake, Ray had to use super hot jalapeños to wake up Tyson. Kai glared Tyson, and Tala raised an eyebrow as he saw the peculiarity of this stunt.
 
They all headed to the airport, Ray and Max went with their families to say goodbye, to them. Ray was hugged a thousand times by his worried mother and twin sisters, his father just placed a hand in Ray's shoulder giving him advices. Max hugged his mother tightly and they all waved goodbyes. The ones heading to Japan were, the blade breakers, Tala, Kenny and his parents, Mr. D., Tyson's father and Max's father.
 
The plane took off, but from far away a twisted smile formed in the darkness, as he felt the kids going away. “You can't escape Kai, I will hunt you to the end of the world”.
 
During the flight: Mr. Dickenson established a conversation with Tyson's and Max's fathers. Kenny busily typed on Dizzy, Tyson and Max joked around while Kai, Tala and Ray remained silent and thoughtful. After hours flying, land could be seen far away, they were arriving to Japan. Kai thought during the whole flight, that there was no way his friends knew about his past. He knew he would have to open to his friends. They deserved an explanation; after all they have helped him a lot, as for Tala he already knew almost everything, after all he lived in the abbey.
 
----------Finally the plane arrived at Japan's International Airport------
 
The kids and Max's and Tyson's father got into a BBA. The teens decided to stay at Tyson's house to discuss about what to do next, even Max and Kenny would stay that day in Tyson's place. Max's father was left in his house. Finally after a long bus trip, the kids took their luggage and left it at Tyson's dojo. Shades of orange-red were already disappearing in the horizon revealing dark blue covering the skies.
 
“Finally, Home Sweet Home!!” yelled Tyson, “HYAAAAA!!!” came grandpa waving his kendo stick right at Tyson's nose. “Whoa!!, be careful!!” he yelled with no use as his grandfather started chasing him around the whole place. Everyone laughed, except Kai and Tala. Moments later they both stopped laughing with the rest of the group.
 
Moments later, they finally decided to talk seriously, after they checked that Tyson's dad and grandpa left the place, they reunited in Tyson's dojo and sat in a circle, Tyson was sat between Max and Kenny, Max was next to Ray who was next To Kai and Tala, and finally Tala and Kenny where side to side. (But don't think they were tightly closed, no!, they were like 40 cm away from each other.) And that's how the circle was.
 
They all changed to sleep clothes. Max was wearing a green bag less pants, and a pale yellow t-shirt, Kenny wore brown shorts and a white t-shirt. Ray wore navy pants, and a gray long sleeved shirt. Tyson wore blue shorts (not his usual ones) and a red t-shirt. Kai had gray pants and a black t-shirt , and Tala had dark orange pants and a white t-shirt.
 
“So, Kai we would like to hear your story…” stated Ray, doubting that Kai would respond or even hear him. “Yeah Kai, we need to know what happened, Boris told us you once were part of Biovolt, and we would like to know why” said Tyson. Everyone turned to see Kai.
 
Kai closed his eyes and crossed his arms. Then he opened them again and nodded. Now the room went silent as Kai opened his mouth.
 
“I lost my memory on an accident six years ago, so I can't remember what happened before that” he started. Gasps could be heard, surely his teammates thought he had troubles when they first went to Russia, but they didn't know about Kai's memory loss.
 
“In what accident?” asked Max, “Six years ago Kai tried to control Black Dranzer, but instead he freed its powers destroying most of the abbey” said Tala.
 
Everyone kept their gaze at Kai signaling him to continue.
 
“After the accident, the labs were revealed under all the rubble, somehow my grandfather…no, Voltaire, got rid of the evidence, police couldn't imprison him. But still, the media followed him waiting for him to make a single mistake, he had no option but to get out of Russia, until everything was forgotten.” He continued.
 
“And when did you meet Elena?” asked Tyson, Kai's face showed pain at the mention of that name, Tyson regretted asking. Kai hid the emotions under his mask as he answered “After the accident I lost my memory, and I was too stunned and ran away. Elena found me and took care of me, until Voltaire again found me and took me with him to Japan. I've lived here the last six years perfecting my blading skills under Voltaire conditions. I continued my training, … there was a moment I was tired of all the training, and constant punishment from Voltaire, (Tala's eyes widened in surprise as he heard this last sentence) so I rebelled and he decided to let me go with the condition that I had to assist to tournaments and win them. I practically lived in the streets, I didn't like to be in Voltaire's place. Then I met Stuart and the rest of the Blade Sharks.”
 
“But why did the Blade Sharks destroyed the beyblades?” asked Kenny. “Voltaire's orders” he replied. “Oh” was Kenny's only response.
 
“The years passed, and I won each regional tournament, then Mr. Dickenson appeared, he tried to take me away into international tournaments, but Voltaire didn't like the idea and he didn't like Mr. Dickenson, I'm surprised Mr. Dickenson is still alive” he said.
 
Everyone gasped (except Tala), “What do you mean Kai?” asked Ray confused about Kai's words. “I mean that Voltaire disposes of everyone who is I n his way, and Mr. Dickenson has done a lot to block his way, but I guess it would be too obvious and that's why he hasn't acted yet” said Kai.
 
The room went silent as the teens' heads tried to process the given information. Then Tala broke the silence, “Did Voltaire continued punishing you?” he asked. Now everyone's head lifted to meet Kai's lowered head as he slowly nodded. Tala gaze also lowered, he felt guilty about judging Kai, when Kai returned Tala had hated him about not enduring the pain he had endured during Kai's absence, but he guessed wrong. Boris didn't punish Kai, but Tala knew Voltaire had contracted someone as mean as Boris or even more.
The rest of the teens looked confused at Tala's and Kai's silence. “Would you mind explaining us??” asked Tyson.
 
“About what punishment are you talking about?” asked a concerned Ray, he remembered when Kai and Tala were badly beaten at the lab, but Ray didn't dare to think that Kai was punished that way regularly.
 
“I can only remember some fragments of my life in the abbey. Since we were children discipline was a tough lesson, you would get beaten every time you did something wrong, but even for smallest mistake you were punished with beatings or harder trainings. Even friendship was punished, in the abbey you were thought that friendship made you weaker, so they made you understand by beatings and by isolating you from the extern world. And Boris would make each day of your life miserable, and that bastard always punished us for fun” Kai was already gritting his teeth and clenching his fists in anger as he remembered. Tala's eyes also showed anger.
 
Everyone just listened in shock and remembered when Tala and Kai were beaten badly. It was true and they cannot do nothing but imagine Kai's horrible childhood and life, now they understood why Kai was the way he was, who would ever trust people if they lived what Kai did?
 
“After I arrived to Japan for the first time, Voltaire prepared hard training daily sessions and he also brought a man just like Boris, for me to remember my lessons. His name was Faust, but after constant abuse I rebelled and attacked him, I couldn't control myself, he almost perished. I never saw him again, I guess Voltaire finished him. Voltaire was frightened and that's why he decided to give me a free time. The years passed and that's when I met Tyson” said Kai looking at Tyson.
 
It was pretty late, it has been hours since Kai started his story. Tyson's father had called and told him that they (he and granddad) would stay with Mr. Dickenson.
 
Tyson smiled as he remembered. “I entered the regional tournament by Voltaire's orders, he wanted me to win, at first I followed his orders, but when I got to the finals, it simply stopped mattering what the punishment would be. When I lost, I was sure Voltaire would be really mad, but when Mr. Dickenson named me captain Voltaire changed his mind, he ordered me to investigate the bit-beasts locations, … that's why The All-Stars, and the White Tigers were invited to the Russian Tournament…it was a trap for stealing their bit-beasts.” Kai said as he waited for any of his friends to respond.
 
“My brain hurts” said Tyson, “Yeah, mine too, it was too much information” said Max. Ray. After that silence roamed the dojo again. “What are we supposed to do now?” asked Kenny.
 
“And what about your parents did they know about Voltaire was doing?” asked Ray, everyone silenced at the question, the blade breakers had never seen or heard about Kai's parents.
 
Kai hid in his mask, he won't admit it, but he felt pain every time he tried to think about them. “I don't remember them...” Kai stated with a cold tone. “But have you never asked your grandfather about them?” asked Max. “I never needed them” replied Kai, his voice sounded colder, thus he knew he was lying. Max flinched at the retort.
 
“But Kai, they must be worried about you” insisted Tyson, “If they were worried they would've searched me before, but they didn't” Kai was getting impatient with this questions.
 
“Do you have any idea where are they?” Asked Max, Kai closed his eyes as he answered “… I don't think they are even alive…Voltaire probably…” he was unable to finish as doubt reigned his mind, he didn't want to admit that Voltaire finished them, but still he didn't want to keep his hopes up.
 
Everyone gasped at hearing that Voltaire probably killed Kai's parents…It was his own grandson, why would he be such a bad person with his own family? The blade breaker's minds flooded with questions, as for Tala he already knew about how Voltaire so it didn't surprise him about Kai's parents probable dead…thus he felt pity against Kai, he had his mother and a big sister back in Russia, but Kai was probably all alone, Voltaire couldn't be called a family.
 
The blade breaker's eyes filled with pity or compassion, they didn't know what they were feeling… Kai opened his eyes and saw all of the eyes staring at him, this made him anger. “I don't need your pity” he said as he stood up, and went out of the dojo.
 
“Do you think he'll be all right?” asked Max, as he watched the sliding wooden door Kai had just closed. “He just needs time…we have opened closed wounds” said Ray.
 
“Do you think Voltaire really…?” Tyson didn't want to say the word “kill”, “I don't even dare to think its true” said Ray. “Tala, what do you think?” asked Max.
“I will not lie, Kai is probably right…his parents haven't appeared in years, and Voltaire probably took them of his way” he said.
 
Silence roamed once more Tyson's dojo, until Tyson's grandpa entered the dojo.
“Kids, go to sleep, it's already 2 a.m.” said the old man.
 
“Really?? Wow, time sure goes fast” said Max, “Yeah, and I saw Kai on my way, is he going to sleep here?” asked the grandfather. Tyson nodded, “he just went to take a walk”.
“At 2 a.m.??!, …sigh… the youth, well I'm going to sleep …yawn…Good night” he said as he walked out the dojo. Tyson thought how lucky he was about having a grandfather like his…poor Kai.
 
Tyson yawned , all of the others faces seemed tired. “I think we should sleep, tomorrow we'll discuss about it” said Ray. The others nodded. They all placed some sheets and pillows and slept thinking about Kai's story. Tyson left a pillow and sheets for Kai.
 
Kai walked in the darkness, he hated when someone felt pity for him…it gave him the sensation that he was weak, so that's why he always refused the help anyone tried to give him. It was not cold as Russia it a fresh breezy night, the trees waved their leaves letting escape some of them. He walked and at the same time thought. He had revealed his secrets to others…but he felt good about it , although he won't admit it to anybody, except Dranzer, but she already felt Kai's relief.
 
Kai walked and walked until he felt it was time to return.
--- At the same time in Russia ----
 
Boris' shell invaded by darkness walked through the city, he went to the airport, he walked and everyone who saw him was afraid of him and moved of Boris' way. He went to where the tickets were bought, some guards walked near to prevent an attack. The lady shook in fear as she the twisted smile. “A ticket to Japan please” , the frightened lady nodded and said , “…It's…Its $250 dollars” , “Did I mention I was going to buy it?” he angrily spatted and grabbed the woman by the collar, quickly the security guards tried to make him loose his grip. Boris let the woman go, and in a second three security guards were covered in black flames. They yelled in panic as they roll in the floor.
 
Boris just mock and walked to the take off area. He just got into an airplane and threw the pilots off. He soon took off. Boris laughed loudly as he piloted the plane.
“Kai!!! I'm coming!!!” he yelled and at the same time he laughed with his distortional voice.
-----Back at Japan----
Kai walked calmly , Tyson's house was at sight. But then he suddenly felt a chill running through his spine. Kai snapped opened his eyes and widened. “Could you feel that Dranzer?” asked Kai as he took his beyblade from his pocket. Dranzer glowed dimly. “The time is near” said Kai as he finally kept moving.
 
He arrived at the dojo, and saw that there was a place left for him. He finally laid and for the first time in many years he could finally sleep peacefully.
 
Morning came and Kai and Tala were already awake, they've made their “beds” and gone to the grassy backyard where a small pond was, aside of it was a worn out beydish. Kai and Tala stood up watching the sunrise, “Kai, I'm sorry” said Tala without turning to see Kai. Kai turned to see Tala, “Huh?” was his only answer. (They still wore their night clothes)
 
“I was mad at you, because I thought you were free since the accident, and that the others and I had to suffer in vain, because you returned to be our captain. But I was wrong , you had to endure the same we did, or even worse… and when we battle I was not going to hesitate about destroying you” he said now dropping his head.
 
Then he felt a hand in his right shoulder, and turned to see Kai who shook his head in denial, “Let's have a battle, just for fun…like when we were kids” said Kai. Tala nodded and each of them positioned themselves with their launchers and beyblades.
 
“3…2…1 Let it Rip!” yelled Kai, Kai and Tala launched their beyblades.
“Dranzer!!” “Wolborg!!!”
 
Each beyblade circled around and they collided releasing sparkles from the friction. They collided and separated a couple of times, then Wolborg made a quick move and sent Dranzer to the skies. Tala smiled already sensing victory.
 
“It's not over yet, Fire Spin!!” Kai yelled, Tala's smile faded away, as he saw the now fire covered beyblade giving a direct impact to Wolborg. Wolborg was pushed to the beydish edge, Tala managed to recover and Wolborg and Dranzer circled around each other again colliding again and again.
 
Amber eyes opened with the sounds of beyblades clashing. He slowly stood up stretching his arms and flexing his legs muscles, soon after him Max, Kenny and even Tyson (Oh, my God its going to snow!). Tyson rubbed his eyes and yawned “Wass going on??” he mumbled, noticing that everyone was heading to the dojo entrance, he followed them. They all ran to the source of the noise.
 
They all stood watching the battle, Kai and Tala didn't seem to care about the spectators they continued their battle. “Are they practicing?” asked Max, “I really don't know” said Ray, but something caught his attention , From Kai's pocket a red light glowed, but Kai didn't seem to notice, and from Tala's chest a sky blue light glowed, but as Kai ,Tala didn't notice.
 
“I'll go sleep again” said Tyson, “No, we might learn something” said Ray, “Huh?” mumbled Max, “Just pay attention” they all nodded and watched closely, Kenny opened Dizzy and started recording the battle.
Kai and Tala locked their gazes for a while, and then they both smiled at the same time,
“Dranzer!!!” Kai yelled as the huge fire bird rose from her beyblade and screeched.
“Wolborg!!” yelled Wolborg, soon the ice Lupine leaped out of his beyblade and roared.
 
The battle intensified as the both beasts wrestled, as the battle went on their gems glowed each time more and more. Then as the battle in the Russian tournament, the gems warped from their locations to the front of their owners, and floated in front of them. The beasts stopped moving as their masters lost concentration because of the sudden gems' appearance.
 
“Hey look!” yelled Tyson, “The gems!” yelled Max, “Shhhh, lets observe” said Ray, and the others nodded and hushed their voices.
 
Kai and Tala regained concentration, and smiled, “Let's take the battle to another level” said Tala, Kai nodded. Then they both took the gems at the same time. From Kai's hand red light emanated wildly from the inside of his fist, the same with Tala but sky blue light instead of red.
 
“Dranzer!” yelled Kai as he threw the gem at Dranzer, Dranzer screeched as the gem placed itself in Dranzer's golden forehead. Her body started to glow red.
 
“Wolborg!!” yelled Tala as he threw the gem at the wolf, the sky blue gem placed itself in Wolborg's forehead. The beast's body glowed sky blue.
 
“Whoa!!” exclaimed Tyson.
 
Then both beats started fighting wildly, their bodies still glowing, Dranzer dove towards the wolf her claws ready to slash. Wolborg made a snow storm rose at her direction, Dranzer stopped diving and used her flamethrower, both attacks collided rising smoke. They stopped at the same time, Wolborg jumped and grabbed Dranzer with his claws, Dranzer instantly started to fall with the extra weight.
 
Wolborg's claws were well placed in Dranzer's wings , he tried to bite Dranzer's neck, but she would peck him with her powerful beak if he tried to do so.
“Dranzer , free fall and spin!!” Kai yelled. Dranzer nodded and turned upside down. The she started to spin really quickly, Wolborg's was loosing its grip slowly, they were about to touch floor when Wolborg finally lost its grip, Dranzer used her claws and with the free fall force she curved upwards leaving the wolf to powerfully strike against the floor, but before she could escape Wolborg used his sharp teeth to grip Dranzer, they both crashed to the beydish breaking it to pieces, it left a big howl in the earth, and it also left a dust cloud.
 
Kai and Tala coughed a bit as they inhaled the dust, the same with the other teens. They waited for the cloud to disperse, to see the winner, when the cloud disperse there was no bit-beast just a pair of static beyblades. Then the gems reappeared again in front of their owners, they grabbed them and put them away. They went and picked their blades and look at each other and started laughing.
 
Ray and the others were really confused as they watch the other two laughing. They've heard Kai laughing when he was controlled by Black Dranzer, but this laugh was Kai's real laugh. It made them happy see their captain having a good time. Ray and Max smiled as Kai and Tala laughed. They gradually stopped laughing and they clasped their fists.
 
“Oh man!! Look at this!!” yelled Tyson as he saw the huge hole in the earth.
They all laughed at Tyson's comment. “…sigh… well I'll go and have breakfast” said Tyson as he walked heavily towards the kitchen. They all followed him , even Kai and Tala. They all sat in a rectangular wooden table.
 
Tyson had waffles, eggs , cereal, bacon, beans everything in the same dish. Max had a bowl of cereal, Ray was eating a pair of eggs with bacon, and Kenny had eggs too. While Tala and Kai had only a cup of coffee.
“Aren't you going to eat something??” asked Tyson as he filled his mouth with food. Kai shook his head, “Come on try something” said Max as he handed cookies to Tala. Tala hesitated about taking it, Max was being too friendly he had never met people so friendly, but if Kai trusted them he was sure he could trust them too.
 
Tala took the cookies with a smile and ate the cookies. Kai refused them but Max insisted so much with his puppy eyes, “Come on Kai” he begged, Kai had no option if he wanted to be in peace so he took the cookies. After breakfast they took a shower by turns. Kai was the last one to shower. They all changed to their normal outfit.
 
“So should we practice?” asked Ray, Kai nodded, “Yesterday, I sensed something far away, but I know its reaching us, so you need to unlock the power of the gems as fast as possible” said Kai whose hair was still damp from the shower, his darkened hair danced with the wind as he spoke with the teens about what he had felt.
 
And so the training begins…
 
------
To be continued…
 
Special Thanx to all those who reviewed!!
 
Master Franny.: Holy cows!! Again thanks for your review, hope you keep reading, I just gotta luv your reviews!!
 
Crimson Phoenix Tears: Hey did ya enter to mediaminer?? Did you like the fanarts? I hope so, I don't draw too well!! Thanks for the review!
 
Jani Rieme: Thank you a lot, If you want you can check the fanarts at mediaminer.org, hope you like them.
 
 
Gome ne!! I had some troubles with the fanfiction.net page. Hope you like the chapter!