Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Can love strike twice ❯ Leaving Again ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter four: Leaving Again
 
(A/N's: ignore the title, I couldn't think of anything else.)
 
Lucy had just had the nightmare about how she took the bits of the Demolition boys. She woke up nearly screaming. She was sleeping on a mattress in Max's room. Lucy looked around the darkened room. Observing her unfamiliar surroundings. Lucy slowly crept out of her little bed. She was in only a short nightgown. It was short but none of her waist area was exposed. Lucy opened the door a bit and walked outside. She walked over to the beystadium in the middle of the room. She looked across the room and saw she had left her beyblade stuff out. She walked over and picked it all up. She looked at it before connecting it all together. She walked over to the stadium and readied herself. She counted to three and whispered “Let it rip.” She launched her blade. It span around the dish. Soon another blade came into the dish. It was pink. Lucy looked up. Mariah was standing there.
“I still owe you for that defeat I took.” She said.
“It wasn't me. And I am not as good without Sapphire.” Lucy replied.
“Here, let me give you some pointers.” Mariah said. She walked over to the battle in progress. “First rule, know your enemy. Once you know them it makes it easier to win. Second rule; don't leave yourself open for an attack. Once you do, you lose. Final rule, do you best, have fun and win.” Mariah said while doing several different moves during their fight. “Time for me to win. Galux! Cat bites!!!” Galux attacked Lucy's blade and sent it flying into the wall, causing a large crash and woke everyone up. Everyone came out. Max looked around.
“Wow, big hole.” He said. Mariah and Lucy were blushing, for they had no underclothing on. “Ok, back to bed everyone.” Max said. Everyone returned to bed. Inside Max's room, Lucy returned to her little bed but stood next to it.
“What's wrong?” Max asked.
“Can you turn around?” she asked shyly.
“Ok…” Max turned to face away from her. “Why?”
“So your not a pervert.” Lucy replied getting in her bed. “Ok all clear.” Max turned to face her. “Why would I be a pervert?” he asked.
“No underclothing, you would have seen my `not for boys' area.” Lucy giggled.
“O…k…” Max got into bed. “Good night.” He said.
“Night, Max.” Lucy said as she yawned and closed her eyes.
 
 
The next morning, Lucy awoke and heard something. It sounded like a beyblade. Lucy changed her clothing and a voice spoke up.
“Lucy. Could you tell Kai that the next world Tournament is going to start here in 2 weeks?” Max asked, Lucy nodded and went outside. Kai was there; his blade was spinning against a series of rocks. Kai was concentrating on destroying them. Lucy walked up to him.
“You know, my sister is a big fan of yours.” She said.
“What?” Kai asked, still concentrating.
“I'd say she is you best fan, although…” Lucy stalled.
“What?” Kai asked turning around. “Although what?” he asked calmly.
“She's… never… seen you.” Lucy replied slowly, looking back at Kai.
“Then… how can she be one of my fans?” Kai asked putting his left hand out, with the palm towards the Beyblade. The blade shot from its position back to Kai's hands.
“Because of the T.V, how you're said to be almost better than Tyson, and sometimes you actually are. She doesn't like Tyson very much because of his cocky attitude, she's never seen him either.” Lucy explained.
“But if she watches the television then…” Lucy cut Kai off.
“She… doesn't watch it. She listens to it.” Lucy said. “Well, I've got to go. But Max said to tell you the next world tournament will start in this countries arena in two weeks. Better get ready.” Lucy said running back inside.
 
Max was putting his sock on when Lucy walked in. He slipped on his shoes and walked out the door. He looked back at Lucy.
“Wanna practice?” he asked smiling.
“K.” Lucy said back and she followed him to the bey arena. Ray walked out with Lee, Mariah, Gary and Kevin.
“Must you go so soon?” Ray asked.
“Why don't you come with us?” Lee asked back.
“Because… This is my team now.” Ray replied.
“Ray, you are more powerful than us. There will always be a seat open for you. And you're better than Lee. So we can budge him down the line.” Mariah said teasingly.
“Thanks, guys. I'll remember that.” Ray said, he and Lee shook hands and the white tigers left for home. The demolition boys and everyone else had already taken off. Tyson ran in.
“Hey Guys! Did you hear? The tournaments changed. Now we can fight two on two. Isn't that cool?” He yelled.
“Yeah. Pretty cool.” Max replied. Tyson ran back outside to tell Kai. Max and Lucy were about to start, Max thought about it for a minute.
“…What's wrong Max?” Lucy asked.
“It's… just… Two on two tournaments. Like a tag team… I also saw the report the Mr Dickenson made. Basically, in each country there will be set teams, only two bladers, plus some reserves. In other words, if I stay here and Ray and Kai do too, after the preliminary rounds to find out who the two combatants are, there is a large chance I won't make the cut… see what I mean?” Max explained.
“Hmmm… I see. I know… why don't we go back to America.” Lucy suggested.
“Huh? Why?” Max asked.
“You're worried about not making the cut, right. Then lets go to America and win the preliminaries there.” Lucy said.
“I did that before. However, I really do not want to lose the opportunity to be champion. I will think about this.” Max said. “Ready? 3…”
“2…” Lucy said.
“1… LET IT RIP!!!” Both bladers said. They launched their blades into the dish. Max went into the bottom of the dish and stayed there defensively.
“Lucy! Do not hold back. You will never win unless you don't hold back. Look for a point of carelessness and strike.” Max called.
“Yeah, like you're gonna be careless.” Lucy mocked.
“I might.” Max smiled. The blades span equally fast, Lucy's zooming around the dish as Max span dead in the centre. Lucy closed her eyes.
“See with the heart, not with the mind.” She said to herself. A glimmer of white light shined in the dark imagination. “THERE!” She yelled, Max blade moved a bit and Lucy attacked. Max's blade flew straight out of the dish. “Yes!” Lucy cheered.
“Hey!” Max said.
“Huh?” Lucy said.
“Never count you chickens till your positive you succeed.” Max said. “Draciel!!!” Draciel flew straight back into the dish while in midair. Max laughed. Lucy got a little cheesed.
“Little rat!” Lucy called. Max was laughing hysterically. His blade hit Lucy's and knocked it out completely.
“Oh! Damn.” Lucy yelled. Max walked over.
“It's okay, you've not beaten me yet. But you should fell proud to be able to battle me like this.” Max bragged. Lucy slapped him around the back of the head teasingly.
“Don't be a jerk.” She giggled. “You sound like Tyson. And he is a jerk.” She said.
“Probably, but he is still a good friend. Bragger or no.” Max laughed.
“Well, you think about my offer, k?” Lucy said. She walked off.
 
It was three day's before the preliminaries. Tyson roared in anger.
“WHAT! You did this before. Now you are doing it again.” He yelled.
“Sorry, Tyson. But I can't miss the opportunity to beat you.” Max said.
“Me neither.” Ray said.
“What about you, Kai?” Tyson asked.
“I betrayed you three times already. I'm not doing it again.” Kai stated. “I will ask for a final match at the very end when we win that they give us a final match to decide who is better out of us Tyson. That way, I can beat you without switching teams.” Kai walked back into Tyson's house.
“See ya round, Tyson. I've got to catch my plane.” Max said, he and Lucy walked away.
“Me too. Later, bud.” Ray said, he followed.
“TAITORS!!!!” Tyson yelled.
 
It was a several hour flight. Max and Lucy were kissing each other. Ray was in front of them. After the flight, Lucy and Max got off. Ray bid them farewell and left for China. Max's mother greeted Max and Lucy.
“Hi Max… Lucy… I haven't seen you in years.” She said.
“Yeah, I kind of did a travel the world to find Max thing.” Lucy said blushing.
“I saw your sister the other day.” Julie said.
“Really, how is she?” Lucy asked.
“She is fine. She kept talking about Kai and asked me what he looked like. So I tried to describe him as best I could.” Julie said.
“I'll tell her later.” Lucy said.
“You have a sister.” Max asked.
“Yeah, Millie. Do not tell me you forgotten her. She's always in a wheelchair.” Lucy said.
“She's disabled.” Max asked.
“I don't believe you forgot. Wait, you forgot me, so that is fine. Lets go meet her. Come on.” Lucy said.
“Okay, Mum, can you take all my stuff.”
“Sure Max.” Julie said. Max and Lucy ran away.
 
They arrived shortly after at Lucy's house. She opened the door as it was always open. They walked in to a dog like smell. They walked past the front room, the T.V was on and a wheel chair was in front of it. Lucy stopped and went back. She looked in. She smiled.
“Hey Max, here.” She said. Max came over. A blond girl was sat in front of the T.V. Her hair went down and literally dragged on the ground. They walked into the dark room.
“Hey, Millie.” Lucy said.
“Lucy? Where have you been?” Millie asked, not looking at Lucy.
“Glad to hear me then.” Lucy said.
“I'll say. I haven't heard from you in ages.” Millie said, still not looking.
“So… what does the T.V say?” Lucy asked. Kneeling next to her sister.
“Kai and Tyson are the pair in the tournament. Daichi didn't make the cut this time. He can't beet Kai. Kai is so great.” Millie said. She stayed in the same position only her hands clenched together as if she had just had a romantic moment.
“Really. I told him about you.” Lucy said.
“What? Why?” Millie asked.
“Because, you're a fan. And I think he might like you.” Lucy said.
“Sister… wanna go and practice. I am bored of being here.” Millie said.
“Okay. Come on Max.” Lucy said. She grabbed Millies chair by the handles and walked out the front door with Max closing it behind him.