Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Could this be.... ❯ The aftermath ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey, guys, I'm sorry I took a pretty long time to update this, but I wanted to make sure I would come up with something less corny. Anyway, Plz let me know if the story or anything is going off standard, I'll try to improve. But thanks a million for everyone who read the story and thanks so much for the review. I'll promise I won't come up with cornier stories than I have in the past. Anyway, here goes the chapter. Enjoy.
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 6 - THE AFTERMATH
 
 
It was almost around five in the morning and that's when Hilary had just managed get some decent sleep. Tucked warmly in her sheets, her brows were twitching with her lips slightly parted. You could say she was having some kind of a nightmare. But if this dream could be considered as a nightmare, she wouldn't mind having nightmares every night.
 
 
The dream…
 
 
Hilary and Scott were at the beach enjoying the sunset, with Hilary talking animatedly about something and Scott chuckling occasionally. Everything was fine until the next segment of the dream arrived as suddenly, everything went pitch black. Hilary stared at her surrounding, trying to figure out what was happening. She almost jumped when she heard a familiar husky voice calling her name. She could feel her senses (or probably everything) go numb when she felt the person's hand graze hers. Then the hand grabbed hers, making her turn around and Hilary suddenly felt her insides make some kind of a back-flip when she stared at the person.
 
 
`Kai!' she whispered and before she could react in any way, she felt his warm lips on hers. Her eyes widened, her cheeks practically glowing.
 
 
WHAT.THE.HELL.WAS.THAT!!
 
 
And this time, it wasn't just the back-flip. She could swear she might just collapse any time. And just when she had started to enjoy the moment, she started to hear these fuzzy, annoying voices. Well… the voice actually sounded more annoyed.
 
 
“-ary!”
 
 
What was that?
 
 
“Hilary!”
 
 
Huh? Is this Kai's voice? But it sounds so… girly… and high pitched…and squeaky… not at all that husky, low voice of Kai's And why does it sound so… angry? like the person would swallow her alive any moment.
 
 
“HI-LA-RY!!!!” the same girly, high-pitched voice bellowed causing the brunette to spring out of her bed, her face showing pure annoyance.
 
 
“What is it Mom?” The said person's voice drawled as she stared at her mother's livid face, rubbing her eyes. Sigh! So it was just Mom's voice. I should have known. Wait! That dream! She thought her cheeks glowing again. Why did I dream of that? It was so embarrassing. And why the hell did it have to be Kai!! Err…now that I think of it, I'm glad it wasn't anyone else. Like, well… Max!! Oh, God! I would have definitely died of shock. She thought, wide-eyed, thanking for the fact that there was nobody around who could actually see her dream or read her mind.
 
 
You're not out of the bed yet! It's 8:30 already!! Hilary's mother yelled again making the brunette's eyes widen. She sighed cursing under her breath followed by a tired yawn.
 
 
“Sorry Mom! I couldn't get a good sleep at night.” She muttered pulling out the sheets as her mother walked out of the room mumbling something Hilary was glad she couldn't hear. She then touched her lips, a small smile creeping through her features.
 
 
That was such a stupid dream! She thought chuckling. Then turning around, she stared out of the window as the yesterday's events came flooding back to her mind, making her forget all about the dream in an instant.
 
 
“Darn it! The same thing is playing in my mind over and over like some sort of a broken recorder. I'm just not able to shut it out!” She sighed. `And why wouldn't I? That was my first kiss for god's sake!' she thought slightly biting her lips. She continued staring at the floor for a while, deep in thoughts before her exasperation took the better of her and she yelled out throwing a random pillow in process.
 
 
“I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!! HOW WILL I EVER TALK TO HIM AGAIN, AFTER-huh?” She stopped as her gaze fell on a chocolate lying on the nearby table that was neatly wrapped in a cute blue ribbon along with a note beside it. Her hands reached out for the note and her lips immediately curved into a bright smile as she stared at the word `SORRY' written in it.
 
 
“I guess I can forgive him this time. That's so sweet of him.” She smiled, that was almost turning into a grin, but soon, her eyes widened as she realized what it meant.
 
 
“HE CAME TO MY ROOM WHEN I WAS SLEEPING?” She yelled out for the second time that morning, but being too tired to think about it further, she just shrugged it off considering that he really didn't do anything other than handing over this chocolate. `Or… did he? Ahh! Never mind. I'll go get ready before Mom starts yelling again.'
 
 
 
 
 
Somehow, breakfast turned out to be the hardest job with Scott sitting right in front of Hilary and both determined to avoid each other's gaze. Finally, when her mom left, Hilary gulped before opening her mouth to speak out, but Scott beat her to it.
 
 
He cleared his throat before saying, “Err… well…. You see…” he started making Hilary wonder why he was being so hesitant, but continued to listen hoping that he would not start over with yesterday's event again. She had had enough of it already. But what she heard next made her wish she'd rather him talk about that than this one.” Well…I just got a call from my mother. I guess I'll have to go to U.S. for a couple of days. Well… I'm not sure how long it might take. Maybe even a week.” Scott forced back a chuckle when he saw Hilary gaping at him. She seemed to notice this too and immediately adjusted her expression to a normal one.
 
 
“Oh! Erm… Okay…”.Hilary smiled. “And between-” she continued with a blush evident on her cheeks “Thanks for the... err… chocolate. It wasn't necessary though.” She mumbled and left as soon as possible. Darn it! Since when have I been so shy and stupid around boys? Well…Now that I think about it… that's probably coz nobody has ever- No! No! No… I'm not thinking about it anymore. She sighed walking back to her room but stopped when Scott called her.
 
 
“I forgot to tell you. Your Mom's going with me too…” he said and shrugged when he saw Hilary's eyes pop out. “She wanted to meet my Mom.” He added and left waving his hand.
 
 
“Oh! We're leaving tomorrow.” She heard him say before closing the door behind him. Hilary simply stood in her place transfixed; staring at the door, he just left from… and blinked.
 
 
Once
 
 
Twice
 
 
Thrice ... And then she exploded.
 
 
WHAT THE FREAKIN' HELL IS HAPPENING HERE!!!!
 
 
“Mom!!! What's with everyone leaving all of a sudden?” The brunette bellowed, but her mother just smiled.
 
 
“Oh! Well… if you are worried about staying alone at home, then you can stay at your friend's place anytime.”
 
 
“That's not what I mean. What about me?” Hilary asked, staring at her mother with disbelief.
 
 
“It shouldn't be too hard on you. I'm sure you can take care of yourself.”
 
 
“But Mom-” Hilary tried to argue but sighed in defeat seeing there was no point in it and simply walked back to her room closing the door behind her, still fuming… well… more like banged the door, and so hard it was surprising to see the door still standing in a single piece. She then plopped on her bed, staring at the ceiling, for full two minutes before grabbing the phone to call up the dojo and tell them she wasn't coming today. It felt weird but going there was more like a ritual. She couldn't miss a single day.
 
 
However, that wasn't the reason why she decided to put the phone down and go to the dojo instead though her eyes were still begging to shut. She just thought it was better to stay at the dojo than home where she was sure she would just curl up in her bed and doze off.
 
 
--
 
 
It was really hard to believe she was actually walking on the street yawning, which suddenly reminded her of some kind of a tired monkey, or a chimp, or better yet, Tyson! I guess this is what happens to your imagination when you don't get enough sleep. She so needed a rest.
 
 
“Hey there, everyone!” she yelled, as she reached the dojo, sliding off the door. “Yo li'l Sis!” Grampa Granger waved at her. “Looking for the dogs? They just went out.”
 
 
“Oh!” she blinked. “So… no one's around?”
 
 
“That Kai kid's here.” He shrugged and walked inside. Hilary ignored the back-flip again.
 
 
“Alright.” She smiled, not to mention yawn again, and walked out looking for Kai, and -as she had predicted- found him resting under the sakura tree with his eyes closed. And this time, she could feel her entire face glowing, her insides making those weird flips again. She then hurriedly tried to shove away her thoughts trying think about other things like… like… well… if he was really awake or sleeping?? (Heh! Talk about lame!) She sighed. Damn! I hate these flippy things. She thought getting annoyed, as she stood there staring at him for a while wondering if she should really go or just stand there like a dork. Then finally shrugging the thought that there's just no point in simply standing here doing nothing, she decided to go talk to him, and besides, it's not like he had seen the dream or anything. So it should be alright…… right? Therefore, she decided to take a step forward making sure she didn't look tired with all the lack of sleep. I couldn't even have a proper sleep in those three hours I supposedly slept in the morning. Anyway, here goes.
 
 
“Hey Kai!” She called him trying to sound as cheerful as possible and not look like she would doze off any moment AND make sure she did not blush either, not like he would even spare her a glance to see if she blushed or not. At this rate, I probably would doze off! She thought as she found herself struggling to keep her eyes open.
 
 
“…….”
 
 
Hilary blinked. Just as I thought.
 
 
Sighing she sat next to him enjoying the cool breeze that caused the thin sakura petals to blow across their faces. And unknowingly to the brunette a small smile crept on her face, which Kai managed to get a glimpse of, that made his lips to curve about a millimeter (Yes, he did wake up.)
 
 
By now Hilary's eyes were almost drooping, finding it really hard to keep her eyes open anymore and before she even knew what she was doing, she dozed off resting her head on the blunette she was sitting next to.
 
 
Kai stared at her, wide-eyed. Why's she… sleeping? On my shoulder?
 
 
He then, like any cold-hearted, touch-me-and-I'll-burn-you kind of a guy would do, tried to push her away, gently, but she just grabbed his hand tight and continued her nap looking like the most contented person on earth. Kai stared at the now peacefully sleeping brunette for few seconds, trying to decipher what just happened and sighed. Guess it can't be helped.
 
 
He could feel his insides churn every time she snuggled up to him a little more, making herself more comfortable in his arms (well… not exactly `in his arms' but pretty close.) and felt weird by this… unkai-ish feeling. This was so not like him. He then remembered yesterday's incident at the beach, and felt a pang in his heart as all the jealousy started flowing out again making him frown and grunt and, with a great difficulty, stop himself from cursing. He sighed again, deciding not to get into that Do-I-like-Hilary-or-not dilemma of his and simply continued his nap, feeling, just like Hilary, the most contented person on the planet… at least at the moment.
 
 
 
Moment passed as the duo continued their little sleep under the tree, with one of Kai's arms now lazily placed on Hilary's lap. And not many moments later, Hilary heard this clicking sound that finally woke her up from her sleep. And she could swear she even felt a tiny flash of light. Her hazy eyes slowly opened to find the source of the sound but merely shrugged, thinking that it was her stupid imagination at work again. She then looked around, trying to decipher what she was doing or where she even was. Her eyes immediately popped out when she noticed her current position. This is not happening!! Her mind screamed (which she's pretty good at, screaming that is.)
 
 
She was actually sleeping right next to Kai!!
 
 
She had her hands wrapped around his arm??? What the-!!!
 
 
So, she was probably… sleeping with her head… resting on his shoulder!!!!!!
 
 
WHAT.THE.HELL.WAS.SHE.THINKING!!!
 
 
Now he would probably scold her or tease her and make fun of her in his own sarcastic way… for eternity!! She just knew it! She was screwed!! Big time!! And right on cue, yes, she screamed.
 
 
“NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! She yelled at the top of her lungs making everyone in the proximity of about a mile to cringe in pain.
 
 
“What are you screaming for?” Came Kai's cool voice that stopped her howling instantly and also to make her jump about a meter away.
 
 
“Kai… I… I… I'm…” She stuttered looking like she had just seen a ghost or an alien.
 
 
“Hn!” Kai grunted and stood up to walk back to the dojo. He then turned back and continued, “You really did look like you needed a good sleep.” She heard him say and walk back.
 
 
“Huh?” she stared at the direction he just left from with a goofy look on her face, not moving an inch. Did I just see him… smiling?
 
 
 
 
But it looked like Kai wasn't the only one smiling, well... Other than Hilary, who was actually grinning by now. Scott stood there, behind the trees that hid most of the views, with a well… what do u know, a camera!
 
 
 
`It's a good thing I took a picture of that.' Scott grinned, not able to stop himself from chuckling. `I know some day this thing would be of a great use... to get the two of you together' He sighed walking back. Why am I even trying to help you guys? Probably some day you would even thank me for this. And this would have been much easier if I had stayed back. He then paused before smiling again, as he thought of the fact that she will have to stay here at the dojo from tomorrow on.
 
 
Or maybe not…
 
 
 
 
That's all for now, hope you enjoyed it.
 
 
Ja ne!