Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Depending on a Stranger ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rei clicked his tongue as he worked under his Virago, fumbling around in the toolbox for a wrench. He was replacing a busted bolt when he felt someone place their foot on the creeper he was on and roll him out.

"What the he-" He wasn't able to finish his outburst as a foot quickly connected with his mouth, sending him rolling off the creeper and coming to a stop a few feet away.

He rose to his hands and knees, one hand cradling his jaw. "Owww..." Looking up, he paled when he saw some people who worked for Evana standing over him.

"Hello again, Rei." The one who pulled him out hissed. Rei got to his feet, wiping the line of blood off his chin.

"Hey, Lee. Is there something I can get you? Muffler? Shocks? Broken nose?" Lee glared at him. "How'd you find me, Lee?"

"A little bird told me." He said, shrugging. "Don't worry, we're not staying long. Evana only wants me to deliver this message. She says that you have 72 hours to give her the money you owe or else. She also said that I was to, emphasize, her point in my own special way."

Someone grabbed Rei from behind, startling the boy, and Rei glared at Lee, struggling in the other's grip.

Lee stepped forward and landed a hard blow to Rei's face, badly bruising his cheek, and cutting it where his rings hit him. He proceeded to repeatedly beat the raven-haired boy.

He ceased when his arms were numb, and he stared down at the bloody and bruised boy, spitting at him before turning to the rest of the men. "Let's get moving. We need to raid the garage before midnight."


Rei closed his eyes, wincing as he tried to move; his entire body on fire. *They've found the garage. Ashna, Riley, Rasika....I have got to get to the garage before Lee does.* He struggled to pull himself to his hands and knees, coughing slightly, then crawled towards his bike.

He was a foot away when he got a good look at the machine, and realized it had been stripped down. Rage built up in him at the thought of Lee trashing his motorcycle, and he forced himself to his feet, then leaned against the wall for support as he headed for the exit.

It took him 40 minutes to reach the garage, and to his horror, when he hit the switch to lift the wall, the entire place was trashed. Bodies were strewn everywhere, either dead or beaten badly. Vehicles were stripped down beyond recognition.

He walked around, biting his lip to keep from breaking down into tears as he looked down at the bloody bodies of his only friends.

He came to a stop beside his Corvette, which was stripped down the worst of all. Before he could do anything else however, he heard a cough and turned to see Ashna getting to her feet.

"Jesus, Ashna, are you alright?!" She nodded.

"I'm fine, Rei. Just a little shaken." She looked up at him, then looked horrified. "Rei, what are you worrying about me for when you're even worse off?! What happened?" Rei was confused, then remembered.

"Lee and some of his pals paid me a little visit, and informed me that Evana's getting impatient." He muttered, wiping blood off his chin again as he looked around the place. "What happened here?"

"One guess." She hissed, wincing as she got up, Rei leaning her against him. "Who tipped them off?"

"I have a good hunch of who did." Rei said as he helped her outside and down the street to her place, planning to pay a certian bluenet a visit.


Kai was cleaning his gun when he heard a knock at his door. He got up, holding his gun ready, then looked through the spy hole. Seeing Rei on the other side, he set his gun down with a sigh and opened the door.

"What do you-" He wasn't able to finish as a fist came flying at him and connected smoothly with his cheek, sending him back against his couch. Kai looked up in stunned shock to see Rei limp into his apartment, *Why's he limping?*, and swing at him again, this time hitting him in the jaw.

"You rotten son of a bitch! How dare you betray me like that! Thanks to you, the one place I can call home, and all the people there with me are ruined!! I risked going to jail to keep your ass out of it, and this is how you repay me?!"

His next punch was stopped by Kai catching it, and Kai hit him back, not as hard, as he could see the boy was quite injured. Just enough to cause him to back off, and give Kai enough time to catch his bearings.

Which was a good thing as he was rammed in the middle by Rei, and the two of them toppled backwards over the arm of the couch, landing on it and then rolling to the floor, with Rei pinning Kai down.

Kai stared up at the boy in shock. He was one of the best fighters in his school, and this boy who lived on the streets, who stole cars for parts, took him down with one attack. *Well, I'm not exactly a pushover myself.* He thought bitterly, and managed to push Rei off, tackling the boy himself, and sent them both into a roll across the room, crashing into several things.

The two of them exchanged several bruising hits, then Kai managed to pin the boy down, his hands holding his wrists above his head and straddling his waist. (A/N: No bad thoughts, you hentais!! That comes later!! LOL!!)

The two of them stared into each others eyes, both panting for breath, and both angered beyond belief. He took this pause to look over the boy. Rei had a bad cut on his cheek, which would probably leave a scar, another one above his left eye, and multiple bruises all over his face. There were also marks on his throat in the shape of long fingers, as if someone had been choking him.

"What the hell happened to you?" He muttered, watching the boy struggle to get out from under him.

"Some men of Evana's found me. Hope you're proud of yourself." He spat, glaring at Kai.

"What the bloody hell are you talking about?! What do I have to do with this?"

"You told someone about the garage, and it got back to Evana."

"I did not!"

"Don't you lie to me!! You rich people are all the same! You hate seeing people who are below you doing well!" Rei snapped, losing it and wrenching a hand free, punching Kai hard, knocking the bluenet back.

Rei took advantage of this and pinned him down, pinning Kai's hands down with his knees and repeatedly punched Kai over and over again.

Kai watched in shock as someone grabbed hold of Rei's hair from behind and hauled him off Kai. The black haired boy growled in frustration and lunged for Kai again, but was jerked ungracefully back by the same blonde haired woman Kai saw in the warehouse.

"Break it up boys!" She snapped.


Rei twisted in her grip to look up at her in astonishment.

"Ashna, what are you doing here? You should be resting!"

"No, you're the one who needs to rest, not pick fights."

"Ashna, you're not my mother-"

"And a good thing too. She'd be ashamed if she saw you wrestling on the floor with a stranger like a three year old."

"Don't you DARE bring my mother into this-"

"GUYS!!" Kai snapped, causing the two of them to look at him. "I'm sorry to intrude in what promises to be an interesting fight, but what the hell are you doing in my house?!" Rei growled and ran for him again, but Ashna jerked him back by his hair.

"Oww!! Easy!!" He snapped, then glared at Kai. "Ashna is SUPPOSED to be at her place resting, but I came here looking for your excuse as to why you sold me out to Evana!"

"What?!"

"How much money did they pay you, Kai? 30 thousand? 40? What's the going price you charge to backstab someone?!" Rei demanded, straining for him again, Ashna barely holding him back.


Kai was horrified.

"I would never backstab anybody, not even if they deserved it, which is what you're getting pretty close to!" He snapped back. Rei growled darkly at him.

"You're the only person besides the people who work for Rasika that knows where the garage is. Are you saying that one of my own friends betrayed us?!"

"It's a possibility." Kai muttered, stepping back to avoid Rei as he almost ripped his hair out from his head in an attempt to reach Kai again. Ashna shook her head.

"Guys, that's not the biggest problem on our hands." The two of them looked at her. "Our biggest problem we have at the moment is that mine and Rei's one source of income is now ruined. How are you going to pay off your debt to Evana if you can't get ahold of any money, Rei?"

Rei sighed and folded his arms, looking down at the floor.

"I have no idea."


Kai looked at the two of them, and a pang of guilt went off inside him. Just because he wasn't to blame for their situation didn't mean that he shouldn't help them. So he sighed, and ran a hand through his blue/grey hair.

"I think I know a way Rei can get the money."


"So you're saying that you want me to give this..." The man looked at Rei suspiciously. "Boy, a list of cars to aquire for me?"

"Yes, sir, and he's the same age as me." Kai responded.

"And how much does he want in return?"

"80 thousand, sir." Kai's boss chewed his lower lip for a moment.

"Well, that would be 40 cars. Can he handle that?" They both looked at Rei, and the black haired boy blushed under their questioning stare.

"Yes, sir. I can handle it." He said quietly. Kai smirked as his boss nodded at last.

"You have 2 days to gather all the neccesary cars." The man added.

"That is more then enough time, sir." Kai said, turning towards the door, grabbing a shocked Rei by the arm.

"Two days?! To boost 40 cars!? There isn't enough time!!" He protested as Kai hauled him down the stairs.

"What are you talking about? There's plenty of time to get them. Here's the list." Kai shoved a sheet of paper in Rei's face, and the Chinese boy snatched it out of his hand.

"Pontiac Firebird, Cutlass 442, Nissan Maxima, a Ducati motorcycle....where the hell am I supposed to find all of these cars in 48 hours?"

"Haven't you seen Gone in Sixty Seconds?" Kai replied sarcastically.

"5 times. And that was a damn movie. Plus, there were at least 10 of them. There are only two of us."

"We'll manage." Kai said, slipping into the driver side of his Sunfire. Rei blew out a long breath of defeat and got in the car as well.


A/N: Oops. I think i'm getting a little too into the spirit of gone in sixty seconds. but who can resist watching two hot bishies stealing gorgeous cars? not me!!