Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ End of an Era ❯ Bind her, bind her! ! ! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

…….~*~~*~~*~…….
 
The sunlight on Tyson's port was blinding. Yet another cheerful day had arrived to Bakuten, Japan. Max and Tyson were absorbed by their newest interest, and as Ray figured, their substitute for Beyblade. The game was one of cards, and the only skill you had to posses was the talent of luck.
Ray had tried to like the game, but to him it was a poor substitute for blading. Nothing seemed to give him that thrill anymore, and me missed it deeply, madly and with all his heart. For him, nothing could ever replace Beyblading.
 
He was considering going home again, to China. He'd thought of for some time now, and since it didn't seem to be anything left here to hold him back, he'd almost decided that it was the right thing to do. But just almost, something still pulled him to this place. He didn't know what it was, something like a faint memory of something important. It was something his awake conscious couldn't recall, but in his dreams, it haunted him. Something like a voice, a faint whisper from the past.
 
It was very odd. Each time he tried to remember the past year, he realized how little of it he actually could recall. It was as if he'd lived in a dream that had begun to fade away from his memory. Long, he'd desperately clung to it, knowing that he did not wish to forget. But with time he'd realized that it was a lost battle, and let it go. Memories are meant to fade, otherwise they wouldn't.
 
He realized that he could hear music. Soft tunes drifted over the high fence and into his ears. It was a sooth and calming sound, like a mothers silent song to her firstborn. It played a melody that seemed to be from one dream of his, like a memory of a lost era. A nostalgic feeling caught him in its grip, and it clutched him tightly. Without being able to prevent it, he felt tired. His eyelids were heavy, so heavy. In his last awake seconds, Ray turned his head to his two friends. They were fast asleep, Tyson slightly snoring.
 
“What kind of sorcery is this?” Ray thought and fell asleep.
 
~***~
 
 
When Ray awoke, he realized he was lying beside a high fire. Tall and very dark trees rose around him in a circle. He turned his head to his left and saw that Max and Tyson were lying a bit away from him. They were awake and their eyes were big and round with surprise and growing fear. He realized that he was muzzled, but not the other two. The rag in Ray's mouth tasted like some sort of dog, but in the same time, a thousand times worse. It tasted of dog and something else, something bitter and foul. Ray didn't wish to reflect over where this rag had been before it ended up in his mouth.
He tried to move his legs, only to realize that they too were bound. Luckily, he had his hands free and sat up. He tried to loosen the knot, but without any success whatsoever. At his side, Max tried to do the same thing, and with the same results.
 
“Don't even bother, you guys. You are not going to untie them no matter how hard you try.” Tyson said in a sullen voice. Max and Ray stopped and stared at him with an angry face.
 
“How can you say that Tyson? We've been kidnapped and you think that we should just give up?” Max half by half yelled at him. He'd tried to sound brave, but his voice trembled with fear. Tyson gazed up at him with a defeated look in his face.
 
“This isn't normal rope, it's magically enhanced and won't loosen until the one who tied the know wish to untie it.” He replied to his friend. The statement seemed to frighten Max even more.
 
“What in the world do you mean Tyson? How can you possibly, ever know that?” With a bitter sarcasm in his eyes, Tyson nodded to something lying on the ground before him.
 
“It says so on this note someone have left behind.”
 
Under all circumstances, this was a very strange note, and would still be so, no matter what the circumstances were. With the help of their hands, Ray, Max and Tyson moved in close to each other and read the note together.
 
Dear Ray, Max and Tyson
 
I'm very sorry that it has to come to this. You probably don't remember me at all, if the spell did its job of course, but I remember you guys as if it were yesterday.
I do not know how long time has passed by in your realm, but in mine, a hundred years has gone but since the last time I saw you. Our first meeting still resounds in my head; you were all so young and innocent. That day I swore an oath, to protect you and make sure you all would never suffer for my mistakes.
But now I have returned, and I have to break my promise of keeping you safe. In my realm, war is at the door. Somehow, you four have been chosen to stand by my side. In other words, I desperately need your help. There is something inside you four that will bring me to the sacred artefacts of Ariannon.
We will discuss this further as soon as I return// Shareah.
 
~***~
 
 
They must have somehow fallen asleep since they were suddenly awoken by voices out of the darkness.
 
“Where are they?” A soft voice said. The sound of silent feet came towards them.
 
“We put them somewhere around here, didn't we Jesica?” Someone else replied. Suddenly, six shapes stepped into the light from the high fire. They wore grey cloaks and hoods that covered their faces. There was something so familiar about that sight, but neither of the boys lying on the ground could place it. “I know who these people are, I've seen them before!” Ray desperately thought. He wished they would remove their hoods so he could see their faces. There was something so fateful about the sight of six cloaked figures.
The further one of the gasped upset and turned to the others.
“What have you done to them?” It was a she, Ray realized, and she sounded angry. He wondered whether it was she who'd written that note.
 
“Well we couldn't just leave them lying here as they were, could we? If we'd don so, there would not be anyone here now. They would have fled before we got a chance to talk to them.” One of the cloaks replied calmly.
 
“Yes, Jesica is right. And besides, they are only humans.” Another one said and nodded. The first one seemed to be very enraged by the comment and turned to her companion.
 
“Shut your mouth Mila. I will not tolerate that kind of comments from you. Humans are not inferior, nor emotionless, they are living beings and you will respect them for that!” She growled to her friend. Then she turned back to the boys on the ground. She raised her long hands and took off the hood.
 
“I'm sorry for all of this. My friends were only supposed to get you to me. I guess they thought that binding you was necessary.”
 
A high gasp escaped Ray before he could stop it. He'd definitely seen her before, and suddenly he remembered what her name was.
 
(“Anya!”) He tried to shout, but the foul tasting rag in his mouth stopped him. But to his gratefulness, beside him, Max had also recognised their former friend and teammate.
 
“Anya!”
 
She smiled to him and nodded.
 
“Yes, I think that was my name here. Glad to see that you remember me now, Max.” She bend down and untied the knot that captured Max's feet. Then she did the same with both Tyson and Ray. Then she suddenly froze, her face expression changed radically.
 
“Where's the fourth one?” She asked and turned to her friends. There was something in her eyes that told them these were no good news. Another one removed her hood. It was Mila, the green haired girl who always had shown such great despise towards humans.
 
“We couldn't find him. He was not with them.” Anya staggered back, as a wounded soldier and sat down on the ground. A defeated look spread across her features.
 
“You couldn't find him?” Mila shook her head.
 
“No, we tried but there was no trace of him. Not even Trisa could smell him. We thought the other might know where he is.”
 
Anya turned to them. Ray realised that they were talking about Kai; he was the one they couldn't find. Her eyes were asking him if they knew anything. He shook his head.
 
“We haven't seen him in a year.” He answered her unspoken question. She turned to her friends.
 
“I need those artefacts if we are going to have even the slightest chance.”
 
The rest of the girls removed their hoods. One had dual hair in black and white, her name was Jesica.
 
“Don't worry Shareah, we shall find him. Even if we have to search to the end of the world and beyond.” Jesica told her leader, but Anya just shook her head.
 
“We won't have to go that far away. He dwells in this world still, I can feel it.”
 
She turned her head up towards the sky and watched it with growing horror.
 
“Jesica, the moon…” She said faintly and pointed her finger to the sky. The cloud had passed by and now revealed a huge full moon. Its light lit up the whole forest until it bathed in a silvery, pale light.
 
All six of the girl turned their heads to the sky. The look on their faces was something horrifying. Then, suddenly, the pink haired girl flung her hands to her ears. Her body began to twitch in spasms and she opened her mouth and gagged. Then a high pitch scream rose from her.
 
“Bind her, bind her!!” someone yelled and Mila threw herself on the ropes. When she got up, she accidentally met Ray's eyes. He gasped, something was happening to the girl. She seemed to age in a raging speed. Her skin became yellowish and began to look like old parchment. Then she was up and had her back to him.
What happened next was the most horrifying sight any of the three boys had ever witnessed. Mila's body had begun to expand. She was growing fast and it was as if her skin couldn't keep up with her. It burst and revealed cracks full of brown hair. It was as if she had another fur underneath her skin. Her tortured scream changed radically into a growling roar.
 
The beast turned around and Ray met its huge, yellow eyes.
 
…….~*~~*~~*~…….
 
Now here is the third chap. If you have read this far, you must have some sort of reason for it. Please leave a review and tell me why you have read this far and if you have some criticism.// Author