Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ End of an Era ❯ Wish to have those happy days back ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

.......~*~~*~~*~.......
 
On a sun-drenched hill, four boys sat. Because though their increasing age, they were boys still, in heart and in mind. They watched the sun set into the west and knew, all four of them, that when it had done so, they would head for home.
Ray threw a glance at his two companions, Tyson and Max. He could see that their minds were lost in the far west and its sunset, and figured it would be for the better to let them stay there for a while longer. `Cause though they no longer were a team, he considered them his best friends.
Kai no were no longer by their side. He'd left after their gruesome defeat over a year ago. From the very beginning, Kai had sometimes strayed aside from them. And last year, when that girl disappeared... what was her name again? Tatiana? Enya? Well, whoever she'd been, she was not here anymore and in his mind, Ray thought that it had been the last drip. Kai had left them, and did not show any recognition towards them anymore.
 
The whole last Championships had been one great mess when both of the teams to occur in the finale disappeared without a trace. The five girls in the Unholy Alliance, whose mystic beasts had defeated them so handily the night before… (Tanya?)… the girl disappeared from their team. They had gone missing at the same time she did, and had not been seen since. But Ray had an odd feeling that Kai knew something about their disappearance, but did not wish to share it with them. Instead, he'd turned away from them for good.
And the second finale team, the Godsends, also seemed to have left the surface of this world. People had searched for them everywhere, but without any success. The Godsends were the team who had crushed every opponent through the whole tournament. No one had ever defeated them, and rumours spoke of them as invincible.
With both of the best teams out of the league, the Blade breakers had gone to participate in the finale against Brooklyn and his Revolution team.
 
Tyson never seemed to recover from the humiliating defeat. He just couldn't seem o let it go. At night he sometimes woke both Ray and Max up with his nightmares, in which he always re-lived that last, gruesome match. Neither of them had spun their blades since that game, not one. They were done, finito, finished with Beyblading. And though they had always known that they couldn't stay on top of the game forever, it hurt to think back on the happy days when they still were a team.
 
And as the last sunlight dissolved on to the west, the three boys left the hill and headed for home.
 
~***~