Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Fearies Kin ❯ Opal's Desire ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fearies kin

~~Moment of wisdom~~

The brave always die 1st so be a coward and live longer. ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!! (That's my msn name at the mo)

`Thought'

"Speaking"

{Telepathy}

Chapter two

~~ Opal's desire ~~

Rei knelt down and reached into the little puddle of midnight silk and pulled out the jewelled object inside. This little piece of jewellery had made his teammate run from the stadium as if someone had just announced that it was all you could eat at his favourite restaurant, Even if he didn't eat as much as before.

Rei turned the object over in his hands. It seemed to be made out of some kind of metal, like silver or white gold or maybe even platinum, but it had an odd sheen to it that made it nearly impossible to actually figure out exactly what it was made of. The metal had been shaped into a small dragon, it was about the size of Rei's palm, and the dragon was curved around, almost protecting, a gem in the centre. The gem shimmered and morphed into all different colours from purple to blue, silver to black, it was never the same for more then a few seconds. There were two more gems where the dragon's eyes should be. They were brilliant sapphire in colour, and had a glint to them that made them seem almost alive. *

This was a very special piece of jewellery, so Rei decided that he should probably keep it safe and make sure he gave it to Tyson the next chance he got. Sliding it into his pocket he joined the rest of his team in searching for the missing BladeBreaker.

~##~

As Rei rushed past the girl stepped out of the shadows.

She had bright blonde hair that came to rest at mid-back; she was quite slender and could be classed as attractive by most of the male and maybe female population. Her blue eyes sparkled as they followed the retreating form of the Chinese blader.

` Soon, so very soon'

~##~

Muffled voices could be heard coming from behind the door.

"I have to" … "Why?"

They could be identified as Tyson and his father. Sounds of people walking around the room, grabbing things and putting them elsewhere could also be heard through the thin wood of the door.

"Your not going" … "You have no right to tell me not to"

The group of boys stood outside the door listening into the events happening inside. Max stood in front of the door biting his bottom lip glad to have found his friend, but feeling guilty for listening in to a private moment. Kenny stood bent over hands on his knees, laptop on the floor panting heavily in the vain attempt to get his breathing back to something near normality. Kai stood leaning against the wall next to the door, arms folded over his broad chest eyes closed, trying to act as though he wasn't listening in to the conversation going on in the room behind him. Rei had only just arrived so he hovered at the back of the group not quite sure what he should do, his hand still gripping the small dragon in his pocket.

"You are not going and that's final"

Silence

Then the sound of something slamming.

"You can no longer control my life *Dad *, I have to go. I mean did you think I would never have to go back, you now what I am, you know what it means. My mother told you what would happen on my fifthteenth. I have to go back"

"No I don't want you to go back"

"This isn't about you, stop being selfish, it was your decision to partake in what my Mother offered and you knew the consequences now it's happened you have to deal with it"

The reaming Bladebreakers outside the room where very confused. What was Tyson talking about? Where was it he had to go? Max reached his hand out to open the door when a voice spoke behind them.

"I wouldn't do that if I where you."

Behind them leaning on a wall was the girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She had he back against the wall and had lifted up one of her legs to rest against it as well, causing her skirt to rise slightly higher then it should have and expose the top of her over the knee socks, she had her arms crossed over her chest pulling her t-shirt tight.

"Oh yeah and who exactly are you to tell us not to go in there?" Kai snorted at her

"Well I'm Opal, your Kai captain of the Bladebreaker wielder of Dranzer, the boy about to open the door is Max partner of Draciel, then the little kid with the glasses is Kenny or `The Chief' who thinks he's smart but's dumb enough to trap his beast in a computer. Oh and last but not you have Rei, formally of the white tigers, owner of the legendary Drigger and in possession of the jewelled dragon."

During her little monologue she had moved from her place against the wall and walked over to the dumb struck boys. She stood in front of them eyes flitting from one to the other, and hand loosely resting on her hips.

Rei found his voice first. "How do you know all that? What do you want?"

Opal laughed a dry quite chuckle. "I know everything about you, but what I desire has nothing to do with you. What I desire is for Tyson, Takao to come back home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*This descriptions for Walters who said I should add more to my writing hope that's what you meant ^_^

Does anyone know the Japanese words for phoenix and backwards cause I want to use them as names in this fic. Please tell me in a review or email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~