Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Who are you? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Hey there peeps! I'm kinda new here an this is ma first story so please tell me if this story sucks. And if you don't I'll tell ma palz Titus and Driger to hurt you.
Jiana: She's just kiddin, she won't really get tehm to do anything.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Glares at the bit-beast. Oh? And who says I won't?
Jiana: I say. Now someone please do the disclaimer.
Kai: Rei's Neko_gurl doesn't own Beyblade only the charactors that are not recognised and the team Silver Blaze. Happy now?
Jiana: Of course. Grinns manicly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

The rain pounded down on Bay City, the wind rushed through the streets chilling anyone caught out in the night. Down on the ground a lone figure walked through the park. That person was a boy around the age of sixteen. A boy named Kai Hiwatari.
Damn rain, he thought. I don't know how Tyson put up with it for most of his life.
He carried on walking, head down and the neck of his long trench coat pulled up against the wind. Suddenly he stopped, straining his ears to try and hear over the wind.
What was that? He looked over in the direction of the sound that had caught his attention. It sounds like someone crying.
Cautiously, he edged towards the source of the noise. Looking around the bushes he gasped. There in the shadows was a girl, her clothes torn, her face bruised. She had a pale complexion, with dark, almost black, hair. He stepped closer.
'Hey,' he whispered over the rain, 'what are you doing out here in the cold?'
The girl stirred and opened her eyes. Kai took an involentary step back. Through the half light of the gloom that had settled over the city, her eyes shone brightly, a piercing silver. He shuddered under the gaze.
'Are you okay?' He stepped nearer again, and she cowered away from him. 'I'm not going to hurt you, you know, but you really need to get out of this rain. Don't you have anywhere to go. You know, like, home?' he asked sceptically.
She shook her head and closed her eyes again. Kai relaxed slightly now that she wasn't staring at him. He sighed.
I can't just leave her here, she'll die, he thought hurridly. The strength of the rain was increasing, as was the gale beating at his back.
Sighing he said, 'Look, if you want, you can come with me, but you'd have to put up with my friends, and it'll just be untill you get better, okay?' It wasn't like he wanted her to die.
He waited for her to answer, but she made no attempt to speak. He was about to give up untill.....
'Okay.' She spoke so quietly that he wasn't sure she had said anything, but her eyes were open once more so he could tell that she had answered.
'Right,' he said. 'Uh... you'll have to get up.'
She tryed to stand, her arms shaking beneath her. She hadn't got far untill she colapsed back to the ground.
Just great. Kai sighed. He took his cell phone from inside his coat and dialed a number.
'Hello, Johnathan? Yes, I would like you to bring the car and meet me at the south side of the park, please. Oh, and I'll be having a guest over. Please make sure Anistasia makes a room for. Thank you.'
Closing the phone, he looked back down at the young girl. It seemed that she was asleep. Sighing, he bent down and gently lifted her up, slipping one arm around her waist and pulling one of her arms around his neck for support. He walked easily towards the south exit of the park where he could see the car waiting for him already.
As soon as the driver saw Kai approaching him, supporting at his side, he got out and ran to help.They placed the girl in the back seat and Kai got in after her, sitting across from the sleeping figure, watching her carefully.
Why do I feel like I've know her? I can't think of where I might of seen her before. He sighed, and turned to the driver in the frount seat.
'Master Kai, may I ask who the young lady is?'
'You may well ask, but you won't get an answer. The truth is, I don't know.'
'Then why are you bringing her back to the mansion, master Kai?'
'I don't know, Johnathan, I really don't know. She's obviously been beaten, and whoever done it had just left her to die in the cold,' he said, anger rising as he said it, but then subsided as he looked back at the girl. 'I couldn't leave her there,' he said quietly, almost to himself, 'I just couldn't.'
Johnathan nodded in understanding. Kai had always been one to help people, even if they hadn't noticed. And now it seems like he is taking them off the streets and giving them shelter. To anyone else other than myself and Anistasia, this would be very un-Kai like. The old butler smiled to himself as he pulled into the driveway.
Jumping out, he ran to the passenger door to help Kai bring the girl into the mansion. Anistasia was standing at the door waiting for them. As soon as they were through the door, she walked forward and took the young girl from their arms.
'Oh my Gods. What happened to her?' she asked worriedly.
At that moment, Tyson, Rei and Max came down the stairs, wanting to welcome back their team captain.
'Hey Kai!' said the sugar-high Max as he bounced down towards the group assembled in the livingroom. When he spotted the dark haired youth in Anistasia's arms, he stopped, looking concerned. 'Who's that?'
Rei and Tyson looked in the direction of their captain, expecting an answer.
'She will be staying with us for a while so she can recover and get her strength back. That's all you need to know.' Kai turned to the maid. 'Anistasia, did you get a room ready for her?'
'Yes, master Kai.'
'Then take her up to her room.'
'Yes, sir.'
Anistasia left, walking past Rei, Max and Tyson. They watched the two go by, then turned back to Kai, confused.
'Johnathan, I want a doctor here now to check her condition. When she wakes up, give her something to eat and dink, whatever she wants. Don't let her leave the house.' In an undertone he added, 'I think whoever did this to her might still want to hurt her. I don't want that to happen.'
'Of course, master Kai.' Johnathan bowed then left to call for the doctor.
Kai sighed and started to climb up the stairs towards his room. I really need some sleep, he thought.
'Kai?'
He stopped and turned round, looking at the confused faces of his team for the first time. 'Yes Rei?'
'Who was that girl?'
He looked at Rei. 'I don't know,' he said truthfully, 'but she needs my help, I know that much. I don't know how, but I do. You should all get some sleep. It's going to be a big day tomorrow.' With that, he left them standing there, but instead of turning left to his bedroom, he turned right and headed towards the Bladebreakers bedrooms. He stopped outside the door he knew Anistasia used for guests. Knocking quietly on the door, he waited for Anistasia to open the door. When she didn't, he steped inside cautiously.
She was lying under the dark covers, her hair spread out around her face, wich looked paler in the dark. Kai sat down on the edge of the bed and tucked some hair that was infront of her eyes behind her ear.
Why do I feel like I know you? You're a total stranger to me, and yet.....I feel like you've been there my whole life.
The girl stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes, wich seemed to light up the room. Kai quickly removed his hand from her head.
'Where am I?' Her voice was so soft, that he could barely hear it.
'You're safe. I brought you back to my house so you can get better. The doctor will be here shortly. You'll be okay,' he said.
She looked at him with questioning eyes and he looked straight back, trying to not blink or break eye contact. What he saw in those eyes was astonishing. So much fear and pain, confusion and hurt. He blinked, and looked away.
'Okay,' she said, voice full of trust for the total stranger beside her. Kai made to stand up and leave, but.......
'Please don't leave me here alone.'
He turned and saw those silver eyes trained on him.
'Why?' he inquired.
'I don't want to be alone. I want some one to hold me close and tell me everything's going to be alright.' She spoke with the manner of a child. But, Kai thought, she does look like one. She can't be any taller than five foot. And she only looks about eleven.
Sighing, he whent back to the bed, sitting down close to the small girl. She moved closer and he put his arms around her in an attempt to comfort her.
'Thank you,' she said quietly.
The girl in his arms sighed and was soon asleep. Looking down, he saw she had a slight frown on her face.
Must be having a bad dream, he thought, waving it away. Gently, he pulled her arms from around his waist and stood. He started walking towards the door, but stopped when he heard her cry out in her sleep. Turning, he noticed she was gripping the sheets where he had been a few seconds before.
Closing his eyes, he sighed again. He opened them again when he heard her quiet voice.
'Where are you going?' she asked.
'To get a glass of water,' he said, movingquickly towards the door to the bathroom.
'Okay then,' she murmered. 'Will you come back?'
'Yeah, of course.'
'Thanks.'
Grabbing the glass that Anistasia had left, he filled it with water and headed back towards the bed where the girl was watching his every move with her unnerving silver eyes which had slitted in the dark. He sat down next to her and pulled her onto his lap, where she curled up like a cat, taking the glass when he passed it to her.
When she had fallen asleep again, he closed his eyes and tryed to sleep, but opened them almost imediately when there was a knock at the bedroom door.
'Come in.'
A man in a white coat entered the room, his eyes sweeping over the girl in Kai's arms.
'Is that the young girl?' the man asked.
'Yes. I would like you to find out what's wrong with her,' Kai said to the doctor.
Opening his bag, the doctor pulled out a stethescope and a small torch and walked over to Kai and the girl. He listened to her heartbeat and checked the bruisies on her body. He pressed lightly at her sides, noting when she groaned and squirmed with discomfort in Kai's arm's, turning her face into his chest.
'Hm, her heartbeat and breathing's normal, but she has a sprained ankle, the probable cause is a drop from quite a height, and the bruising seems recent, maybe an hour or so ago, and she has a few broken ribs,' he said as he pulled out a bandage and started to wrap it tightly around the girl's chest. 'Also, she seems very thin, she may not have eaten in a while. When she wakes up, give her something to eat,' he said.
'Okay,' said Kai.
'Oh, yes. When she wakes give her three of these, then two with meals after that, one before she eats and one after, except from the first meal after she wakes up. They will help her re-gain her strength. Don't let her move about too much, but start her on an easy training schedule after about a week, to practise on that ankle. Call me if her condition gets worse,' the doctor told him sternly.
'Okay,' Kai said again.
'I'll check up on her soon, okay Mr Hiwatari?' said the doctor as he stood up to leave.
Sighing when the doctor closed the door, he tightened his arms around te young girl on his lap, and closed his eyes.
Well, at least I know she'll be okay. But why can't I sheak the feeling that I know her. Agh, this is so frustrating, he thought.
Pretty soon, he was asleep as well.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei's Neko_gurl: Well...................what did you think. Good? Bad? Really, really, horrifiyingly terrible? Please review. All reviews will be taken note of for help on fiture chappys and flamers will be used to toast marshmallows. Ja Ne.