Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Someone from your past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Hey Hey! I'm back with another chappy peeps.
Jiana: Oh Lord.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Shh! Any way, this ones a l-o-n-g one but hopefully just as good as the last one for people who enjoyed it. Well, read on people, your reviews are life saving for me!
Jiana: Stop being so dramatic. Rei's Neko_gurl falls off her chair. For the disclaimer, see the first chappy.

Thoughts
'Bit-beast speach'
Flashbacks

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~
Someone form your past
The next morning

The storm from the night before had died down and sun streamed through a crack in the heavy curtains that hung infrount of the large bay windows, falling on the faces of two sleeping figures, wrapped in each others arms. The shorter of the two teens stirred and silver eyes blinked in the early morning light.
Ugh, where.................am I?.............. What time is it? God........ my chest hurts. What the hell happened yesterday? she thought brokenly while trying to sit up, but finding it difficult.
Turning, she jumped slightly, and winced as a jolt of pain shot through her body.
Oh my Gods, she thought, staring at the duel-haired blader before her. Kai.
Gently, she pulled his arms from around her waist. She gingerly stood up, testing her weight on her injured ankle. Finding the pain bearable, she walked over to the chest of drawers and looked for something to wear. Then she went to the shower to wash and clear her head.
As she showered, out in the room Kai woke up. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock next to him. It read seven thirty am. Sighing, he closed his eyes and rolled over, trying to fall back asleep.
Suddenly, he snapped his eyes open and sat up, remembering what had happened the night before and looking around for the girl who had fallen asleep on his lap. He could hear running water and the sounds of someone washing.
'Shit,' he whispered, 'she shouldn't be walking about. She'll damage her ankle more. damn it.'
He tip-toed towards the door and knocked. He heard her quiet voice (which wasn't so quiet now) reply.
'Yeah?'
'Um, are you okay in theere?' he asked.
'Of course. Does it sound like I'm not?'
He smiled slightly. Well, seems like she's recovering okay.
'Are you almost finished in there?' he said through the door.
'Yeah. Hold on, I'll be out in a minute.'
'Okay.'
The sound of the shower being turned off reached his ears and a few minutes later she opened the door.
Huh, she's taller when she stands up properly, he thought, looking at her. He frowned. She was wearing a pair of his sweat pants and one of his old T-shirts. She noticed his frown and looked down at what she was wearing.
'Well,' she started, 'I couldn't wear what I was wearing last night, could I? I found these in those drawers over there.' She pointed towards the chest of drawers.
Kai snapped out of his daze as the T-shirt hung off one of her shoulders and she'd had to tie her belt around her hips to keep the sweat pants on.
'Well, I suppose I could get Hilary to lend you some clothes. I mean, those don't even fit you,' he said aquardly.
The girl looked down again.
'But I like these, they're comfy.'
'And they're mine,' he said firmly. 'I'll tell Hilary to give you some clothes. I could ask Anistasia to patch these up for you if you want.' Taking the torn clothes from her, he reached over to the bottle of tablets on the bedside table.
'Um, you're supposed to take three of these just now.' He shook the bottle so three little green pills fell onto his palm. He handed them over to the shorter teen. She sighed, taking them from him and swallowing all of them at the same time. She shivered in revulsion.
'God, I hate taking pills,' she said, but thought, Great, more pills to add to the list.
They stood there staring at each other. The dark haired blader shifted from one foot to the other, wincing as her weight landed on her injured ankle and jarred her re-bandaged ribs. Kai caught her as she fell forwards.
'Come on, lye back down. I'll get Anistasia to bring you something to eat. What do you want?' he asked as he helped the smaller teen into the bed.
'Um, I don't know. Anything I suppose,' she rreplied.
'Okay, breakfast will be ready sonn.'
With that, Kai stood up to leave. Turning back at the door, he saw the silver eyes watching him before disappearing behind closing eyes.

*#~#* In the Kitchen *#~#*

'So who do you think that was? Kai seemed to know her, but why wouldn't he tell us?' Ray asked, looking across the table to Tyson and Max.
'Dunno dude, but I'm sure Kai had his reasons for not telling us about her. Hey, maybe she's an ex-girlfriend or something. Yeah, that'll be it,' Tyson said.
'I dunno, Ty. I mean, he wouldn't tell us if it was an ex, but why would he take care of her now? Come on, it's Kai. He doesn't even like it if we do anything wrong, so how do you thing he'd act with someone who may have actually hurt his feelings?' Max replied.
'Yeah, but still,' Tyson reasoned, 'don't you think he should tell us?'
'Tell you what?'
Tyson turned quickly at the sound of the dual-haired captains voice.
'Tell you what, Tyson?' Kai repeated.
'Um,' Tyson stuttered, 'well, you know, you should..............tell..........um....us........'
'Who the girl is,' Ray finished, shooting Tyson an exasperated look.
'I would, but I don't know,' Kai told them. He turned to the cook. 'Anistasia, please take some breakfast up to our geust. She said anything would be okay.'
'Yes, master Kai,' said Anistasia.
'Thank you.'
'What do you mean you don't know who she is. You're telling us that you just picked up some complete random and invited her into your home? Are you mad?! She could be a psychopath for all you know!' Tyson shouted, staring incredulously at Kai.
'Well then,' Kai returned, with an ice-cold glare, 'I'm no safer with her here than I was with you know, am I?'
'You'll be glad to know I'm not a psychopath then.'
Everyone turned at the sound of a new voice and Tyson fell off his chair when he saw who it was.
'But get on the wrong side of me and you'll wish you'd never met me,' the girl said.
'Help me Max!' Tyson screached as he ran behind Max, looking for shelter from the glare that was frostier than Kai's. To his, and everyone else's, suprise, she started to laugh.
'Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You should have seen your face!' she said between giggles. 'Man that was priceless!'
'Hey, that wasn't very nice,' Max said as he tried to console his friend.
'I know, I know. I just couldn't resist it. Ow!' She put a hand to her chest to try and ease the pain in her ribs. Kai got up quickly and led her to a chair.
'I told you to lye down,' he said as he sat down beside her.
'You did, but you didn't say that I have to stay there, did you?' she replied, grinning mischieviously.
Kai sighed and gave up. There's just no reasoning with her. She always finds something else to say, he thought.
Ray watched the newcomer wairily. There's something familiar about her. I just can't place where I've seen her face before.
'Who are you?' Ray asked.
'Huh?' She looked up from the scrambled eggs and toast that Anistasia had just put infrount of her. 'Oh. I'm Raven. Raven Kon.'
They all stared at her.
'What?' she asked, looking back at them.
'Where did you grow up?' Ray asked suspiciously.
'Russia,' Raven said slowly. 'But I was born in a mountain village in China. I was taken away from my parents when I was just a year old. I didn't get to see my baby brother grow up, or even be born for that matter. I don't know what happened to them.' She looked back down and picked up her toast, nibbling the edges, deep in thought.
Ray spoke up quietly. 'You parents are dead,' she looked back up quickly, 'but your little brother's okay.'
Raven narrowed her eyes, her pupils becoming slits in anger and suspicion.
'How do you know that?' she asked.
'I just need to know one thing. Do you know what your parents were going to call your brother?' Ray asked, looking her straight in the eye.
'Dude, she was a year old,' Tyson started. 'How do you expect her to remember...'
'Raymond,' she said over Tyson.
'Well, I know your baby brother's okay, 'cause your talking to him.'
Rvaen stared at him in shock. Oh my Gods, she thought, that's why he looks so familiar. He looks kinda like dad.
'Ya know, akward silences aren't really a good thing for me in the morning guys,' Tyson said from his hiding place behind Max (the slitted eyes had freaked him out). 'Can we, you know, change the subject to something less unnerving?'
Raven's eyes shifted over to him.
'Okay, Tyson was it? Would you rather I talk about how I'll kill you in your sleep?' she asked, grinning evily.
'Help!' Tyson screamed and ran out of the room as Raven cracked up again.
Kai sighed.
'Max, get Tyson and get ready. You to Ray.'
'Where are you going?' Raven asked as Ray and Max got up from the table and left the room.
'We're going to an exhibition match.' He looked over at her, interperating her gaze. 'And no you can't come with us. You're not to leave the house, okay?'
'Aw, why can't I come with you?' Raven asked indignantly.
'Because you need time to heal,' Kai told her, 'and if you're here, then I know someone's looking after you.'
'I don't need looking after. According to medical science I shouldn't be able to roll over in bed without being in pain, but here I am. And besides, I'm older than you, all of you!' Raven shouted, her temper rising.
'Well tuff. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go and get ready,' Kai said as he walked out of the room.
Raven sighed and sat back in her chair, head in hands. Why do I always argue with him? she asked herself.
'To see his face full of emotion,' a voice purred in her ear.
She jumped.
'Damn it, don't do that. Warn me next time you come out your blade, okay Jiana?' she said to the figure.
Jiana was Raven's bit-beast (AN: Come on, did you think she wan'tgonna be a blader?), a black tiger with white stripes, with silver armour like Driger, and the same glowing silver eyes as Raven. However, her bit-beast could do something that most others couldn't. It could take on a human form, the dark-skinned, white-haired, silver eyed girl sitting before Raven.
'I know you don't really care, you're just worried that someone'll see me,' Jiana said smoothly.
'Well duh. I only know Kai here, but he doesn't remember me or you. I don't want a bunch of people asking stupid questions,' she told the other girl, while thinking of a way to get out of the house.
'You shouldn't do that. Kai's only looking out for you,' said the white-haired girl as she pyred the mind of her master.
'That's another thing you should stop doing, listening to my thoughts,' Raven said, a little upset.
'Who were you talking to?'
She looked up. A girl, slightly younger than her at a guess, was standing in the doorway. She had short, light brown hair and chocolate eyes. Raven looked at the girls clothes, and shivered inwardly. She was wearing a pink T-shirt and a short white skirt. The younger girl shifted nervously under the piercing gaze that was trained on her.
'I was talking to myself,' Raven said smoothly. She was used to that lie. 'Hilary?'
'Yeah. Um...Kai said I was to lend you some clothes,' Hilary said akwardly.
'He said he'd do that,' Raven said as she stood up.
Walking over, she noticed that she was not only older, but taller than Hilary as well.
'I think I'll give you a skirt and a blouse. Those sweat pants and T-shirt can't be very comfy seeing as they're too big,' Hilary said with a look that clearly said to Raven, Idiot.
Raven heard Jiana start to snigger in her head.
'Just one thing,' she said to the brown haired teen, 'well, two. No skirts and no, I mean deffinately NO, pink. Okay?'
'Oh,' Hilary looked downcast. 'Uh, sure. Come on then.'
It was clear to Raven that the girl was deffinately uncomfertable around her. She smiled inwardly.
'Hmm, I don't think you should upset her Raven,' Drisana said quietly.
Why not, Jiana? Raven asked the dark tiger.
'I don't know, just don't agrivate her or anything untill I'm sure, Okay?'
Sure, Raven had allways trusted Jiana's judgement.
As she entered Hilary's room, she almost jumped a mile as she was hit on all sides by pink. That was, untill her vision was obscured by something hitting her face. She pulled it off and found a black, short-sleeved, fitted T-shirt in her hand. Looking around, she spotted Hilary walking out ofo her wardrobe.
'I can't find any trousers that go with that top. But it's the only black top I've got.'
'It's okay. I'll just ask Kai if I could borrow a pair of his trousers,' Raven told her.
Hilary laughed.
'You think that because he let you rest here, he's going to let you wear his clothes? Phf. You really don't know Kai,' she said.
Raven's eyes, and pupils, slitted in anger.
'And you think you do?' she asked, her voice dangerously low.
'Well, yeah. I've known him for nearly two years, and you've barely known him a day,' Hilary said with a smirk. 'Of course I know him better than you.'
The moment she had finished talking, she was flung across the room, though nothing had touched her. Raven walked towards her, arm outstretched. She was so furious that her pupilsweren't even visible. Jiana appeared behind her.
'You shouldn't have done that,' she said.
Hilary's eyes opened, nothing but showing but fear. No one noticed Tyson, Max, Ray or Kai enter the room.
'You think I don't know Kai? You really think , that I don't know the boy that I grew up with? That I whent through hell with at the Abbey? That I whent through hell and back several times to help? You stand there and say you know him better than me? I seriously don't think so!' she yelled, near tears as images of her childhood in the Abbey shot throught her mind.
Kai noticed this. He walked over and put his arms around her. He felt her stiffen, then start to relax and calm down. Images from his forgotten past had flashed through his mind as she had yelled at Hilay as well.

~Flashback~

A small body hit the wall and slid to the floor, unmoving. A figure advanced on the small boy.
'You see what happens when you do stuff like that Kai? Do you understand what I will do the next time?' Boris asked, grabbing Kai's hair and pulling back his head. The door opened and a small girl stood there.
'Kai?' she asked peering into the room. Her silver gaze landed on the shape of her friend before her face jerked to the side from the impact of Boris' fist. She fell to the ground.
'I thought I told you quite clearly what would happen to you if you tryed to help him anymore Raven?' he asked the girl as she crawled over to Kai.
'You did,' she said. 'But I still won't let you hurt him.' She stood up between Boris and the small figure behind her. Kai opened his eyes and stared up at her.
'Raven...' he said.
'Stay there Kai,' she told him.
'You little....' Boris puched her again, this time when she hit the floor he kicked her in the stomach. She doubled over in pain. Boris continued hitting her over and over untill she was unconsious, then turned to Kai, who shrunk away. He was staring at the lifeless shape of Raven.
'I won't hurt you anymore this time. Watching your little friend be beaten must have hurt more that I could have hurt you,' Boris said, smirking.

~End Flashback~

'I told you she was a psychopath! She tryed to kill Hilary!' Tyson screamed. 'How can you stand there and comfort her? You could be next!'
'Tyson, Hilary isn't dead. And Raven would never try to hurt Kai or any of his friends,' said Jiana. Then she realised. The one thing that Raven had asked her to do, keep out of sight unless it was during a battle, and she didn't do it. She noticed everyone looking at her in shook. 'Oh, shit.'
'Who the hell are you?'Max asked.
Raven looked over Kai's shoulder and spotted Jiana. She sighed.
'That's my bit-beast, Jiana,' she said to the assembled bladers.
'Wait, I thought your bit-beast was a black tiger?' Kai said, looking at the other girl.
'You mean this?' Jiana asked, changing into the black tiger with white stripes and silver armour and eyes.
'Hey. I never knew they could do that! How did you train her to do that, Raven?' Tyson asked, totaly forgewttingabout Hilary as she stood up.
'You don't train them Tyson, they train you. Never try to get a bit-beast what you want. On some level they will always teach you what to do. I tryed to control Jiana, asked her to stay out of sight, but she didn't do that.' Her eyes flicked over to Jiana. 'Did you?'
The tiger hung its head in shame and disappeared back into its blade.
'Uh Tyson,' Hilary said. 'I don't think that's the point. The point is, she attacked me. What are you going to do about it Kai? I don't want her here. Throw her out Kai.'
Kai had bearly heard this. Memorys had been flashing through his head.
'Hilary,' he said, 'she doesn't use her power unless you made her really mad. She'll only use it if someone's in danger or as self defence.'
'Wait a minute. Power? What do you mean power?' Ray asked. Kia looked over to him.
'Well as far as I can remember, you really don't want her to punch you. Even if she doesn't hit you that hard, she can still break your bones,' he said. I had to lern that the hard way. 'So seeing as Hilary doesn't have any broken bones, Raven must have used her psychicpower.'
'Psychic?'
'Raven, show them.'
She looked at him as if he'd gone mad.
<<Kai I can't. They'll be frightened.>>
<<What the...? Raven, is that you?>>
<<Yeah.>>
<<Just show them. They won't get scared.>>
<<I hope you're right.>>
Raven sighed and looked around, her eyes falling on Tyson. He gulped. She put out her hand and lifted it slowly. Tyson screamed as he was lifted into the air. He began to struggle against the forct that was pressed against him and was dropped to the ground.
'Ow,' he moaned. Max hurried over and knelt down beside him.
'Why did you drop him?' Kai asked.
'Because he struggled,' she said shrugging.
'How did you do that?' Max asked, looking up from beside Tyson.
'I'll tell you later,' she said.
'Come on, guys we're gonna be late,' Ray said to the team. Max helped Tyson up and they, with Hilary, walked out of the room. Tyson looked over his shoulder at Raven in fright. Ray whent after them. Raven sighed and leaned against Kai again.
'I told you they'd get frightened,' she murmered into his shoulder.
'They'll get over it, I know they will,' he said. 'You need to eat something, Raven. You're way too skinny. Go downstairs and finish your breakfast.'
'I am finished.'
'No you're not. Your breakfast is still downstairs on the diningroom table. You need to keep your strength up, Raven,' he said.
'Whatever, Kai' she said with a smile. 'Oh, yeah. Um...could I borrow a pair of jeans?'
'Okay. Come on.'
Raven followed Kia out of the room, along a corridor und up more stairs. She entered his room and looked around, her eyes falling on an electric guitar.I forgot he used to play that, she thought, smiling.
'Here,' Kai said, handing her a pair of baggy blue jeans.
'Thanks,' she said.
'Now go downstairs and finish your breakfast.'
She put her hands up in defeat.
'Okay, okay.' She turned to look at Kai fron the doorway. 'You know Kai, you're younger than me, but you act like an older brother.' She left the room. Kai sighed.
That's all I ever was to her. A brother, he thought.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei's Neko_gurl: Wow that took ages to write. My hands are all cramped up. Well hope you enjoyed this chappy and please review.