Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Bad Beginings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: I'm just gettin better and better at writin, am I not?
Jiana: No your not.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Oh well thanks for being such a great friend and supporting me there Jiana.
Jiana: It's my job.
Rei's Neko_gurl: If I owned, then I'd sue myself. But I don't, so I won't. ^.^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Bad Beginings

The trio of girls slowly walked down the stairs the next morning, each, in their own way, hating their new uniform.
'Lord. This is worse than what Boris forced us into,' Raven said sceptically as they reached the bottom to find the other eight teens ready and waiting for them. Mmm, Kai looks okay in that uniform. Although he'd probably look alot nicer withou...........no bad thoughts. Get rid of them, she thought mentally scolding herself.
'So how are we going to get to this new prison, then?' Bex asked.
'It's not a prison,' Hilary said carefully, the image of the last time she had said something that had upset Raven still vivid in her mind. Raven smirked. She could tell how uncomfertable she made the other girl, and didn't care one bit, because she could also tell how much Hilary liked Kai and loved watching her muck-up infrount of him. Even if she did insist to Bex and Katsina that she had nothing to do with Hilary tripping over the rug and spilling her drink all over herself the night before, they both new that she done it. 'Johnathan will be driving us there and back, just like every other day.'
'You say that as though it was you and not Kai who he looked after when his darling Grandfather couldn't,' Raven told her coldly, voice dripping of sarcasm on the word 'darling'. Hilary paled and looked at the floor as Anistasia hurried out of the kitchen carrying a tray that was covered in what looked like packed lunches.
'Oh, thank goodness, Master Kai. I thought Johnathan had left already. Here you go,' the motherly maid said as she handed the assembled teens a bag each. Raven noticed that both her's and Tyson's were considerably fuller than the others.
When they were ready, they left the house after the middle-aged butler and trudged through the snow that had fallen during the night. Raven quickly caught up with Kai.
'Kai?'
'Yes, Raven?'
'Why are mine and Tyson's lunches larger than the others?'
Kai smirked as he opened the door of the sleek black limo for her.
'The answer's obvious to anyone who knows what Tyson's like. He just eats a lot.'
'And my lunch is larger as well because...?'
'Don't think that it whent unnoticed by Anistasia that you have to eat much more than a person our age just to stay at a healthy weight,' Kai said as Johnathan pulled out of the driveway. Raven blushed a little and turned away to look at the snow covered fields they were being driven past. When she turned back to face him, she had regained her composure.
'She acts like a mother to you,' she said, trying to change the subject.
'She does that to everyone, even you. Raven, she knows that you barely knew your own mother, and she has taken it upon herself to replace the years you missed,' Kai told her quietly, trying his best to not include the others in the conversation. Raven inwardly smiled at him. He understood that it was an upsetting subject to talk about why her parents had died. Kai smiled slightly at her. He knew that she couldn't remember what had happened, and that it hadn't been her fault.
The rest of the journey was past in reasonable silence, with the exception of Tyson giving a running comentary of the subjects that he would have that day and who he wanted a rematch with for cheating in their match on Friday. Raven paid no attention to this as she was not concerned by what Tyson thought to be important. As they got out of the car, she looked up at the school building. Standing at six storys high and almost twice as large as the Hiwatari Manor, it was the largest building that she had ever entered. She and the other two members of her team were ushered towards the Headmasters study by Kai and Ray. Kai knocked and waited for a reply. They heard the Headmaster mumble, 'Come in.' and entered without haste, followed by the girls. A man with brown hair flecked with grey and sparkling blue eyes looked up from the papers on his desk and smiled warmly.
'Ah, Mr. Hiwatari, Mr. Kon. Sit, sit. So. To what do I owe this pleasure?'
'We have come to introduce you to the girls that I called you about on Saturday night,' Kai said, gesturing twards the other three. Bex and Katsina stepped forward to stand next to Kai and Ray's chairs. Raven did not move.
'Of course, of course. Well,' the Headmaster swept his gaze over the unfamiliar faces, not noticing Raven as she lent on the wall. 'I thought that there was going to be three young girls starting at this school today, Mr. Hiwatari? But I only see two before me.'
Kai glanced up and then turned to see Raven watching every move the older man was making, trying to decide what he was up to.
<<Raven?>> Kai called tentivly in his mind, not sure if this would work. She showed no sign of having heard him, until...
<<Yes Kai?>>
<<Come over and introduce yourself. Well.....let him know that you're here.>>
She didn't move, but kept watching the Headmaster with a cold uncertainty.
<<Not every man older than us is as bad as Boris and V....Voltair.>>
Raven looked over at him. It was the first time that she had ever heard him mention his Grandfather's name.
<<How do you know?>>
<<Because he has been the Headmaster of this school since befor me and Ray started here, so I think that I can trust him, okay?>>
Raven glared at him, but walked forward slowly to stand beside Kai. The man looked over her too, and Kai felt her stiffen beside him under his gaze.
'And then there were three,' he mused to himself. 'Anyway, I'm sure that you will be eager to join your friends in classes, so this won't take too long, okay?' he said to the girls, smiling. 'Now, I'm going to need to know how old you are?'
'We're seventeen,' Raven told him coldly.
'Of course,' he said again, writing the names and ages on three separate files. 'Now could you please fill out these forms. Just standard stuff really, nothing to worry about,' he added, miss reading Raven's frown. 'Mr. Hiwatari and Mr. Kon shall help you before returning to their own classes with you. Whilst you're doing that, would you mind sitting in the corridor? It's just that I have to read this report.'
'Of course Sir,' Ray said as he stood up and left the room, closely followed by the other four. They sat down, Kai and Ray inbetween the three girls so it was easier to help fill out their forms. It was pertty easy to start with but then Kai felt Raven nudge his side.
'Yeah?'
'Um......what should I put for 'Any past acts of violence towards others?',' she wispered to him.
'Just put what I did,' he wispered back. She looked at him uncertainly. 'Just put a 'yes' and don't describe the finer points of what you did,' he grinned at the small smile that was creeping over her face. It wasn't long before they were finished their separate forms and had entered the Headmaster's study once more.
'Ah, finished are you?' he asked as he looked up at the small group of teens. Kai could tell that Raven was having difficulty holding back the 'You know we are.' that was floatign around in her mind. He smiled slightly as the Head took the forms and clipboards back from the girls, glancing at the top one.
'Kon? Are you related in any way to young Mister Kon here?' he asked indicating Ray.
'Yes, I am. I'm his sister,' she replied with a frown.
'Then why did you not start school at the same time as him?'
'You do understand that our parents had died when we were young, is that right?' Raven asked, staring levely at the man before her.
'Well, yes. Terrible thing to happen to those who wer so young.....'
'Then it will not come as a surprise that Ray and I were separated before we could ever meet. I was taken to Russia and was raised there. That is why my last school is at a Russian address.'
The Headmaster looked over the form that Raven had handed him, and found the details that she had mentioned, and something else.
'Miss. Kon, I'm afraid that you have made a mistake here.' He pointed towards something on the form. 'This says that you have not been in school in over a year.'
'That's correct,' Raven said, not getting why it was such a problem to the teacher.
'Well, I'm afraid to say that because of that one missing year, you're now behind those children of the smae age as you. You will have to be placed into Mr. Hiwatari's year.' He looked over the other forms. 'You two, however, have not missed any schooling, and may join children of your own age in the school. Do you know anyone in this school who might be in that year?'
Raven glared at him.
'Well...we know Tala.....' Bex said nervously. Raven turned her glare towards her.
'And we know Bryan....' Katsina said, equaly as nervous. Raven glared some more.
'Well, just for tody, why don't you go to their classes with them while you decide which classes you would like to take yourself. And, miss Kon, why don't you go with Mr. Hiwatari or your brother untill we can get time tables sorted out for you.'
Katsina and Bex smiled thanks to him and Raven did nothing.
'Well, that's that sorted. I'm sure that Mr. Ivanov and Mr Kutsenov have a free period just now along with Mr. Hiwatari, so why don't you go and find them and tell them our arrangements? I hope you enjoy the time that you spend here.' They took that as the end of the induction and left.
As they said goodbye to Ray, who turned left heading towards his next class as they turned right, the bell signaling the end of first class rang.
'Come on,' said Kai to the girls as the corridors started to fill with students. He headed off with a brisk pace towards the stairs ahead of them. As Raven and the others caught up with Kai, she felt people staring at them. She glanced around and saw, with great enjoyment, that a number of girls who had left their classrooms were glaring at her as she walked beside Kai. She smirked and took a step closer to Kai, who took hold of her hand instinctivly as it brushed up against his. Neither of them had noticed this, but Bex, Katsina and a number of other girls (and a couple of guys) had. They reached the stairs and began to climb to where, at the top through a door, it opened out on the roof of the building. Dotted around were picknic tables and potted plants. Sitting on one of the tables was Tala and Bryan, evidently waiting for Kai to appear. Tala grinned when he noticed that Kai was still firmly clasping Raven's hand.
'So, did the cat finaly catch the bird?' he asked innocently. Raven and Kai sat down, still unnaware that they were holding each others hands.
'Shut up, Lupa,' Raven said, calling Tala by his nickname from the Abbey.
'Stop calling me that,' Tala whined.
'Why?' Raven asked as the others rolled around laughing at the adorable pout that Tala had just plastered over his face. 'I think the Latin for wolf is so much nicer that wolf its self, don't you Kai?'
Kai nodded through his laughter.
'I don't care. Just stop calling me it, Kitty,' Tala said, angry. Everyone at the bench stopped laughing immediately. They looked over to Raven and flinched at her expression. Her pupils had slitted and, despite the lack of wind, her hair was whipping around her face, contort with rage. Tala instantly regretted calling her the name that Boris had dubbed her with. Before anyone could do anything, her fist shot out towards Tala, hitting him square in the chest, causing him to fly through the air, landing heavily on the ground near the door to the stairs, where groups of students were appearing on their free time. A couple of girls screamed as Tala was lifted in the air by nothing. Raven advanced on him slowly. The girls screamed again as Tala hit the floor and was lifted back into the air, only to fall again.
'Never. Call. Me. KITTY!!' Raven screamed each time he hit the ground. She swung her arm to the side and he was hovering over the edge of the roof. 'Do you understand?'
Tala squirmed and nodded. Raven held him there for a few seconds longer before Kai walked over and placed a hand on her arm, moving it again so that Tala was over the roof and let him fall onto the slate tiles.
'Raven, you can't just let your anger get the better of you,' Kai said later when they were sitting in Biology and the teacher was going on and on about the importance of studying. 'You've got to get it under control.'
'But Lupa knows not to call me that!' Raven wispered furiously.
'Yes, he does. But please, wait untill you get back to the house. So that you stay out of trouble.'
'Fine.'
After Biology, Raven joined the girls who were doing gym at the same time as Kai, and by lunch, she was at breaking point again. Not being used to other people in such close proximity, she did terribly as she had also been trying very hard not to punch, kick, or hurt anyone else. She slamed her locker door closed and turned a corner on her way back up to the roof-top, but found herself standing behind Hilary and a group of her idiotic friends.
'God, did you see that little drugie in gym class. She was absolutly pathetic!' Hilary said to the group around her, as they laughed. Raven walked quietly towards them untill she was literaly an inch away from Hilary.
'What did you just call me?' she asked, her voice dangerously low and full of venom. Hilary flinched. 'Well, what did you just call me?'
Hilary turned slowly, eyes closed and looking as though she was waiting for Raven to hit her, but when she opened her eyes, she did nothing. Raven glared at her.
<<Very well, Hilary.>> Hilary flinched when she heard Raven's voice in her mind. <<I'll just have to ask you again when we get back to the manor. And I will get it out of you. Just remember that the longer you wait to tell me.......the worse I'm going to hurt you.>>
Raven walked off towards Kai, who had appeared from the locker rooms.
'What was that about?' he asked when he saw Hilary's face.
'Nothing. We were just talking. We going up to the roof?' she asked, walking away.
The snow was still crisp from the night before, and still had a large imprint from where Raven had made Tala hit the ground. She winced slightly as she remembered the pain on her friends face. They walked over and joined the small group of teens that shared Kai's house. Kai took a seat and Raven sat down beside him. As she reached towards her lunch, she froze. Kai glanced at her, then looked towards the problem. And that problem was.......Tyson. He had spread his lunch around him and was shoving it non-stop into his mouth.
'Has he ever choked on his food?' Raven wispered to Kai as she took a bite out of her sandwich.
'Yes a couple of times,' Kai replied as Raven giggled and almost spat out the mouthful of Cola she had just took.
The rest of lunch was spent quite enjoyably, with everyone laughing at stupid stuff, something someone had said in a class, the look on Tyson's face as he tryed to explain what he had got for homework. Why couldn't i have had a normal childhood, Raven thought as Kai started to shout at Tyson. Then this wouldn't be such a big deal to me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rei's Neko_gurl: Well they've started school. It seems much better than the one that I go to!
Jiana: That's because you've made it into your dream school.
Rei's Neko_gurl: What's your point?
Jiana: That's why it's better than your school.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Yeah well, sue me. Untill next time peeps!