Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Old Habits ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Hey there! I know that it has been a while since I updated this fic, but I had a sort of writers block, puls some family stuff, but never mind that. Any way on with the chappy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

Old Habits

Raven entered the mansion with an air of menace. She stormed up to her room and slammed the door.
'What was that about?' Ray asked from his place on the couch.
'Dunno,' said Bex. 'She was fine a while ago.'
<<Yeah, but that was before the scout showed up, wasn't it?>> Katsina said telepathically.
<<Uh-huh, but what does that matter?>> Bex asked as she dumped her bags on the floor and sat down next to Tala. From above they heard another loud bang, and the unmistakeable sound of someone running down the stairs. Raven showed up in the hallway.
'Where are you going?' asked Kai, as she pulled on her trainers.
'No where. Just for a walk. Why?' she said quickly.
'You're not going out on your own.'
'I won't be gone long.' Before Kai had time to say something to stop her, she had already ran out of the house. They heard her kicking the engine of her bike into life and the sounds of gravel against the tyres as she drove down the driveway. Evreyone looked at each other with stunned faces.

~Two hours later~

The TV was blaring music from the Kerrang channel. Tala, Bryan, Ray, Max, Tyson, Bex and Katsina were all jumping about the room like escaped lunatics, while Kai was siting in a corner trying to read. Suddenly, the frount door opened and slammed shut again, though it wasn't heard, or noticed as Raven ran up the stairs at high speed.
'For God's sake, you guys. Will you please turn off that noise?' Kai shouted over the music. 'I'm trying to study. I've got a mid-term tomorrow.'
'Aww, come on Kai,' Tala said to him, grinning with flushed cheeks from all of his 'exercise'.
'Yeah, Kai. Lighten up,' said Bex as she pressed the 'off' button on the controls. The music continued, though not as loudly. Kai glanced up at the celing with a frown.
'Did Raven come back?' he asked as he looked over to Bex.
'Dunno...' she said distractedly. She was listening to the song that her friend was playing. It was familiar.
<<Hey. Isn't that on of the songs Raven plays when she's.........>> she heard in her head from Katsina.
<<Yeah, but she can't be. We don't know how the guys would react.>> Bex thought back.
<<They took the brothel pretty well.>>
<<Yeah, but that's not this.>>
<<We have to go check on her. What if she has another flashback when she's in this state. We can't just leave her to the mercy of her memorys of what Boris did to her.>>
<<But she still doesn't even know
what he did too her.>>
<<Well, I'm still going to check on her, okay?>>
With that, and a glance over at Kai, Katsina headed towards the stairs where 'Spiders' by System of a Down was playing. Kai got up and followed her, along with Bex and Tala. However it was Kai who got to Raven's bedroom door first as 'Pizza Pie' could be heard starting up (A/N Yay!! System of a Down! Their like my favorite band EVER!! Anyway, quiet from me ^.^). He opened the door, and was suprised to see Raven with his guitar playing along with the song as she moshed (Yay moshing!! Shutting up again). She hadn't even noticed what was happening. Suddenly she looked up at them with half lidded eyes and a dazed expression. She was singing along with the song as it changed to 'Streamline'. She walked over to Kai slowly without breaking her gaze that was locked with his as he stared at her. Since coming back from the city, she had changed into some of her new clothes, long, black baggy jeans with many pockets that hung from her hips, even though she had pulled a belt aroud them. The belt its self looked pretty heavy as it had three rows of short metal spikes running along it. Her top was high and showed both her shoulders and stomach, the short sleeves were pulled back and a small piece of leather had been tied around her arm just above her elbow. She had apparently took a pair of scissors to her hair as it was now much shorter, and half of her side parted fringe was now pink from the spray dye that she had bought as well. Combined with Kai's sleek black guitar, she looked like a rock chick. Well.......to Kai anyway.
She was very close to him now. If it wasn't for the guitar, they would be almost pressed against each other. Kai's breathing caught in his throat and his cheeks heated up, redening slightly. She smiled slightly and leaned closer, so that her lips were almost touching Kai's, her breath hitting them and making him shiver slightly. Then she pulled back and started to walk back to the other side of the room. As 'Streamline' died down and 'White America' came on, she froze. Kai entered the room fully and alowed the others to enter after him. Raven carefully picked the guitar off of her shoulder and placed it on her bed, moments before she colapsed to the floor. She turned and looked fearfully towards the door, where the group was still assembled.
'No,' she murmered over the music. 'No, no. Not again, please no, don't it hurts so much,' she wimpered.
Bex closed her eyes and locked onto Raven's telepathic frequency. Suddenly, she could see what Raven was hulucinating about. Boris was advancing on her, grinning sickly.
'Now, now Raven,' she heard Boris say faintly. 'You know that if you don't let me,' she felt his hand run over her torso, 'then I'll kill your little friend Kai.'
Kai watched as Raven started to cry silently. Then slowly she nodded. Bex, who was still linked to Raven screamed with her as they felt something being pushed roughly inside them. Bex fell and continued screaming while Kai ran over to Raven who was now just crying as she stared into space. Katsina knelt beside Bex and brought her back from her link with Raven. She stopped screaming and nodded to Kat.
<<Raven, Kai's with you. You're sitting on the floor of your room in Kai's house. Boris is not near you. Try to see Kai.>> They both sent to Raven repeatedly, trying to calm her. They watched as she nodded again, weakly from pain. <<Focus on Kai. Only Kai. See him clearly. Focus on him and come back to us from the dream, the hulucination. It wasn't real, just a memory, it's over. Come back.>>
Raven sat up quickly and her eyes widened as she gasped. She turned and looked at Kai. She seemed relieved to see that he wasn't hurt. Then she launched herself forward into his arms and started to cry. Kai hugged her tighly and tears ran down his cheeks as well. Why? He didn't know. Bex and Katsind pulled the other teen out of the room with them and shut the door.
'Let's give those two some time alone, okay?' Bex said to Tala. It wasn't a question.

Raven POV

Stop crying you idiot. Kai'll think you're weak! No he won't, he's crying as well. I can feel it. Oh man, I'm talking to myself again. Never a good sign, but I think that under these circumstances it can be expected, don't you?
Eventualy I stop crying, although I'm still clinging to Kai for dear life. He's stop as well. I just know it, cause he's stoped shaking so much. He's still shivering slightly. He's trying to pull away from me. Oh God, he's going to hurt me. I s he going to hit me? Or kick me for showing weakness. Please don't hurt me Kai.
'What did you say Raven?'
Oops, I never meant to say that out loud. 'Nothing Kai,' I tell him as my eyes are fixed on the floor.
I see his hand before it clasps my chin, bringing my face up to look at him. His hands are warm against my cold skin. I don't want to leave the embrace but I'm forced to sit back when I see his eyes. They look like Boris' before....well I don't know what it was and I don't want to find out. Why does he look confused now? I stiffen, waiting for him to hit me, but it doesn't come. Why not? I'm not supposed to show any weakness, and crying is like rock bottom. I'm confused now. I can see concern in his eyes now. What's he going to do?
'Raven, what was wrong?' he asked quietly, still looking at me. One of his hand rests on my shoulder and the other is one my leg. A strange feeling rushes through my body at the touch. What's going on? His eyes are sweeping the room, and come to rest on something on the desk. Oh shit, I never cleared up. I didn't have time before they came in. He's looking back at me, worried.
'Raven, did you take drugs? Is that what you whent out to get? Answer me!' He sounds angry. What will I tell him.
'I had to Kai. It just acts as a calmative on me. They don't affect me like a normal person. I think it has something to do with the stuff Boris did at the Abbey. You know all the experiments and stuff.' It all just came tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop it. He's just looking at me.
'How long have you been taking them?'
Since I lost the only thing that was keeping me sane at that God awful place.
'Just after you left I guess. Boris blamed me for you running away and so he would punish me for the slightest thing, even if I hadn't finished whatever they gave me to eat.' Yeah right. It was because you left me alone there Kai.
'Seven years? But...how the hell did you get them when you were only ten for God's sake.'
I looked at him, my eyebrows raised. 'Kai, you of all people should know that I could get my way with anyone at that age. All I had to do was threaten them and they were like dogs trusting an owner (sorry. I know that sucked, but I couldn't think of anything else). It was so easy.'
He looks like he doesn't believe me, but then if I wasn't me, would I believe me? Probably not. I'd be on the other side of the world by now. I look up. He's still watching me, his gaze never wavering, still looking into my eyes and trying to figure out what was wrong.
'What's up with you?'
Now I wasn't expecting that.
'I don't remember you being this wierd at the Abbey.'
I reel back as if he'd hit me. I wasn't wierd! I was traumatised! Seperated from my family when I was very young, forced to blade and train and let him.......every bloody day! How the hell else was I supposed to act?
'How would you have liked it if half the stuff that happened to me had happened to you? Actually, most of it was because of you!'
He's stood up and is walking towards the door. Where's he going? I frown and call, 'Where are you going?'
'I won't talk to you in this state. When you calm down a bit then we'll talk, but not right now, okay?'
And with that he's left me siting on the floor, staring at the door. Bastard.

~Two Hours Later~

Raven came downstairs and into the livingroom to hear Bex and Katsina, both red in the face, shouting at Kai.
'What's going on?' she ased, scared that Kai had told everyone what had been happeing.
'He wants us to go back to school. Tomorrow,' Bex said to her, still staring angrily at Kai.
'That doesn't seem too bad,' Raven said, not understanding why they were acting like this over such a simple matter, but still glad that Kai hadn't told anyone anything.
'You haven't seen the uniform we have to wear yet,' Katsina said with disgust.
'What's wrong with it?' Hilary asked as she held up a dark blue blazer, white shirt, blue tie and skirt that was the girls school uniform. 'I like it.'
Kai looked over at Raven as her eyes widened in shock.
'Oh good Lord! I'm not going to be wearing that in public am I?' she asked, looking around the room.
'Yes,' Kai said steadily. 'And you start school tomorrow.'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Rei's Neko_gurl: Sorry if you all got a lil confused by the workings of Raven's mind, but I tried to get her thoughts all over the place and I don't think it worked. I mean come on, she was abused alot as a very young child. Till next time folks. Ja Ne