Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Unwanted memories ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: I'm so sorry this took so long but I was writting some more of my other story.
Jiana: Yeah right.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Well I was. But anyway. I hope you enjoy this chappy peeps. ^.^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unwanted memories

Twenty minutes the girls were back in the entrance hall (after having ran between each others rooms for the best part of half an hour trying to decide what to wear) and waiting for Kai, Tala and Bryan to turn up. Eventually they were ready and they left the house.
'So how is this going to work?' Raven asked as they stood in the driveway.
'What?' Bryan said. Raven sighed.
'There's six of us, but the Bex's car only seats four,' she said to the boys.
'I'll go on your bike with you again,' Kai said hopefully. They all looked at him.
'Sure,' she said, and started walking towards the black spider bike. Kai followed her as the others whent to the car. She was already standing next to the bike, holding her helmet. She looked frightened. Kai frowned.
'Kai.'
'Yeah?'
'Thanks for helping me back there,' she said quietly. He looked at her, confused.
'But I didn't do anything.'
She looked around at him.
'Yes you did. Alot of people would have just tryed to get me to snap out of it, would have just told meto stop faking. But you just did what you thought you should. First you checked if I would respond to voice, then movement. When I didn't respond to that, you called someone who would know what was going on.'
Kai redened.
'Actually, uh, I didn't..........'
'Kai, Dranzer was telling you what to do. Your mind was blank in fear because something was wrong that you couldn't fix. I could hear her perfectly in that stage. You just thought that it was you doing what anyone would have done. So I thank you.' She still looked frightened. Kai didn't understand why, untill he felt her lips brush lightly agains his cheek. She pulled away quickly. She expects me to hit her, he thought. Instead, he placed his arms around her and hugged her. His arms brushed against something hard under her coat. He pulled back.
'What's that?' he asked curiously.
'Nothing,' she said, pulling her coat tighter around herself. At that moment, Bex pulled up beside them in her car.
'So where we headed?'
'Normal first stop in the city.' Raven grinned.
Katsina jumped up and down in her seat beside Bryan. 'YAY! Ice-cream!'
'We'll catch you up. Go to Nina's. She does great Vanilla.'
'Okay. See you soon.'
They watched the car pull out of the driveway. Raven handed her helmet to Kai.
'Put that on.'
'Don't you have one?'
'Yes that one. But I'm more concerned about my passenger than myself,' she said calmly, sitting on the seat and kicking the engine into life. Kai sat behind her and pulled the helmet on. He placed his arms around her waist and could feel the hard objects just below the leather. She pulled her foot up from the ground and set off down the drive onto the road.

*#~#* In the city *#~#*

They sat down in what seemed to be the girls favorite booth (so guessed by the boys as when they had walked through the door, the two guys there quickly finished their desserts and left). Instantly Bex and Katsina started to wolf down their ice-cream, which had at least five different flavours in it along with sprinkles, chocolate, strawberry and bubblegum sauce, jelly sweets and millions. Raven shook her head at them.
'For gods sake you two, eat properly. You're going to choke on those topping you put on it,' she said over the table.
'But it's like sooo delicious,' Bex said through a mouthfull of ice-cream.
Raven sighed, but couldn't stop the smile that was tugging at the corners of her mouth. They ate their ice-cream, thankfully Bex and Katsina didn't choke on their's, whilest the girls talked happily about what they were thinking of buying.
'Well of course we're going to get some new clothes,' Bex said to the other two.
'What?' Tala exclaimed. 'We have to go clothes shopping?'
'Duh. You're with a bunch of girls,' Katsina told him.
'Yeah, what did you expect?' Raven said as she stood up to leave.
They said goodbye to Nina and left the ice-cream parlour. The two men from before were out side. They wolfwhistled at the three girls.
'Sorry boys,' they said in unison. 'Not working.' They flashed a smile at them though.
They walked into the nearest shoe shop where the girls tryed on what felt to the boys like every pair of shoes in the shop. Then they went to a clothes shop where they tryed to find somethings for the boys to ware, which was difficult seeing as they didn't want to try on every item of clothing that the girls handed to them.They were in the thrid shop of the day when it happened.
'Hey what about this?' Raven asked Bex, holding up a black chinese style top.
'That would go with your new boots but not with those pants,' Bex told her pointing towards the trousers that Raven had just picked up.

Outside

A man was looking in the shop window. He was wearing normal clothes and so blended into the crowd around him.
'They're inside Sir,' he said into a headset.
'Very good. Proceed with the plan. Don't stop untill they're drawn out into the open,' the person on the other end said.
'Yes Sir.' With that he walked into the store, where the group would be.
He took out a gun and fired it into the air. A warning shot. Raven, Bex and Katsina looked up quickly.
'Shit,' said Katsina.
'How did they find us, though?' Bex whispered to the other girls.
'Don't worry it's just a scout,' Raven told them, quickly asessing the situation. No one's hurt. It was just a warning shot, she thought as she knelt on the ground, pulling Kai with her. Bex and Katsina mimiked her, pulling Tala and Bryan down with them.
<<Stay here.>> The boys heard the girls voices in each of their heads. They nodded. Slowly the girls looked over the stall they were behind and, still crouched, began to walk nearer the man. Once they were far enough away, Kai peeked over the stall as well, only to meet the barrel of a gun. A gun that was in Raven's hand.
<<I told you to stay down. You're lucky I look before shooting.>> She was glaring at him. He gulped and sat back down. Raven looked back over the store. Bex and Katsina were on opposite side of the man, both aiming guns at him as well. She took aim at his leg, just below his knee.
<<Try not to kill this one,>> she told them through her mental link with them. <<Just injure him enough for them to get the point.>> She saw them nod their heads slightly. The man turned and they quickly ducked again.
'I know you're in here girls. Why don't you come out and play, kitty?' he called into the shop.
Raven bristeled with anger at the familiar nick-name that Boris had dubbed her with. She stood up, pulling another gun out of her coat as she went, and aimed them both in the middle of the intruders chest. He smirked.
'Well, well, well. Don't you come prepared?' he taunted, still smirking. He rounded his gun on her, aiming between her eyes. 'Seen your little friend Maxine lately?'
'You know I haven't,' she said through gritted teeth. 'because your dear boss Boris killed her!'
'Now now, no need for the blame game, little kitty. You know as well as I that it was a decision that youmade that killed her.'

~Flashback~

Eight year old Raven stood in the middle of a dark room, her eyes were blind folded and her hands tied. She could hear voices of the gaurds shouting orders around her, and the familiar voices of two of the Abbey children. She started to shiver. It was cold. Suddenly, her blindfold was removed.
'Well, Raven. I told you what would happed if you refused again. Which one should I kill, hmm? Your little friend, young Maxine?' He stopped and placed a hand on the blonde's head. 'Or should I have young Kai shot in the back?'
'No! Please Boris, don't kill them. I'll do anything, just let them go.' She sank to her knees as she watched a knife beign held to Kai's neck. She saw him pull away from the blade, but Boris stood behind him and forced him forward.
I can't do it,
she thought wildly. I just can't. There has to be another way than this.
'But Raven. Why wouldn't you just do that in the first place? But I wonder. Wich of your friends are you willing to sacrifice your dignanty for? Wich one will I kill, because by the end of this day one will be dead. If you don't chose one I will, and you know who that will be,' Boris told her as he pressed the knife into Kai's neck. A tear slid down his cheek through the cloth over his eyes.
'You can't do that!' Raven yelled at him.
'Oh, but I can and will,' he said to her shaking form. 'Now who will it be.'
Quietly, she wispered, 'Maxine.' She heard the other girl gasp as the knife was pulled sharply across her throat. The blonde dropped to the gound. Raven looked over to her, staring at the wide brown eyes that looked back at her. I'm so sorry Maxine.' Raven started to cry as Boris and the gaurds left her and Kai in the room, now sitting in their friend's blood that poured from her neck. Kai pulled his blindfold down to his neck. He saw Raven kneeling beside the lifeless body of Maxine. He crawled over and hugged Raven, who turned and cryed into his shoulder.
'I know how you feel Raven,' she heard Jiana say in her head. 'But you made the right choice. One day you're going to need Kai to help you.'
She didn't understand the bit-beast, but she calmed down enough for Kai to lead her back into the training room.

~End Flashback~

<<Don't kill him Raven,>> Bex told her. <<Just keep him busy so me and Kat can take him out, okay?>>
<<Fine. Just hurry up.>>
The man was still grinning at her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Bex and Katsina taking aim at him once again. He couldn't move though, as he was still pinned with Raven's guns aimed directly at his chest.
'Well? Are you going to shoot and miss or what?'
'Oh you know I won't miss, Boris made sure I could kill, but I'm not going to shoot you.'
He started laughing. Then who's going to stop me from killing you right here?'
'They are.'
Simultaniously, Bex and Katsin pulled the trigger of their guns, both hitting him in the stomach. It was a wounding shot, but not fatal. He fell to the floor. Raven walked over to him, and stood smirking over him. She bent over and wispered into the headset that he was still wearing, 'You can try all you want Boris, but we're not coming back.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rei's Neko_gurl: Well there it is Titus. It may have taken a while, but my chappys are a hell of a lot longer than your's and I actually have another story that I update (Evra's Big Mistake)! So there! Anyho, Please review peoples!