Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ 'What the...?' ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: HELLO PEOPLE!!! My Vodka enduced headache is gone so I'm free to write again (just so long as Jiana doesn't notice)
Titus: Hey peeps i am here keeping ma little pal Rei's Neko_gurl company.
Driger: Titus is insane so don't listen to anything that she says.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Aw, don't be mean Driger.
Driger: Rei's Neko_gurl doesn't own beyblade.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What the...?

Kai slowly closed Raven's bedroom door as Bex and Katsina came out of their bedrooms.
'And what were you doing in there?' Katsina asked him suspiciously, looking at his bare chest.
'Putting her to bed,' he replied. 'She fell asleep downstairs about five minutes ago.'
'Okay then. What's for breakfast?' Bex said. Kat sweat dropped and groaned.
'For gods sake is that all you think about? When your next meal is?'
'No. I also think about people.'
The trio walked along the corridor and met Tala, Bryan and Ray.
'Hi,' Bex said cheerily.
'Morning,' was the sleepy (and hung-over) reply.
<<Well aren't they a cheery lot>> she said to Katsina.
<<Aww, come on Bex. They whent to bed at like two last night.>>
<<Well so did we.>>
<<Yeah, but we're used to it. They aren't.>>
<<Yeah, yeah.>>
As they entered the dinning room, the two girls noticed something still lying on the table. Bex walked over to where two large mugs sat, one still half filled with a brown liquid.
'Hey,' she said. 'Who was drinking hot chocolate?'
'I was,' Kai said.
'Who were you with?' Katsina asked, looking towards the half empty mug as well.
'Raven.' Bex raised an eyebrow.
'You meen she didn't go to sleep last night?'
'Yeah. She said she couldn't sleep.' Bex and Katsina shared a concerned glance. 'What?'
'Well, she's not been sleeping alot lately.'
'Yeah, and we're kinda worried for her. The last time she couldn't sleep at night was when we were at the Abbey.'
'Actually, she hardly ever slept at the Abbey.'
'She sleeps during the day now though because she works at night. When was the last time she slept?'
'Uh.......Yesterday night, but that was because she was seriously hurt,' Kai told them.
'What kind of work does she do that can't be reseduled for during the day?' Ray asked, looking across the table at the two girls. They looked at each other again.
'Um....'
'I don't think we should be the one's to tell you,' Bex said to him.
'Tell him what?'
The group turned to see Raven standing in the doorway. She looked around. 'Well, tell him what?'
'What you do for work,' Katsina said to her, looking down. Raven looked over to Ray.
'I don't think that you want to know that,' she said as she sat down beside Kai.
'Why not?' he asked.
'Well, you wouldn't be to thrilled when I tell you.'
'Aw, come on it can't be that bad,' said Bryan.
'You really wan't to know?' she asked, watching him take a drink to calm his headache.
'Yeah,' Ray said.
She sighed. 'I work in a lesbian whore house.' Bryan choked and Tala slapped his back.
'You work in a lesbian whore house?' he asked, unbelieving.
'Didn't I just say that? I told you you wouldn't be thrilled. But I don't actually do the sex part, just little shows.'
'Like?' Tala asked, not liking where this was going.
'Stripping, and I'd give them massages and the likes.'
'So that's how you've been in one of those,' Ray said to her before turning o Katsina. 'What about you? You said you've been to a whore house to. Do you work there?'
Katsina blushed and looked down at her breakfast, mumbling something. Raven grinned.
'No, Ray, she doesn't work there. I just dragged her along after I saw her wall. It was kinda creepy.'
'Why? What's on the wall?'
Katsina sank further into her chair.
'Well it's covered in pictures of this girl from the PPB Allstarz. Not just the normal ones you buy from a shop though. She got some of them off of the internet from the wierd stalker-like people who take pics of them when they're changing,' Bex said, enjoying her friends embarrassment.
'Shut up,' came the reply from somewhere below the table.
'Oh my gods. Do you mean Emily?'
'If that's what her name is then yeah,' Raven said, laughing at the red haired girl who was, by, now, sitting on the floor. Kat looked up.
'You know her?' she asked staring at the boys.
'Yeah, of course we do. She's on Max's mum's team.'
'He could get me her autograph,' she said, her eyes lighting up.
The other's sweat dropped. Raven looked at Bex. <<Hey Bex, I need to go into the city for some stuff. You wanna come?>>
Bex looked at her suspiciously. <<What kind of 'stuff'?>>
<<You know blade parts and stuff. My blade was almost torn to shreds the other day.>>
<<Oh okay then.>>
They looked over to Kat, who was still drooling over the idea of getting a signed picture of Emily. They shook their heads.
'Hey, Kat. You wanna go to the city with us to get parts and stuff?' Bex asked her friend, who instantly snapped out of her trance.
'Okay,' she said brightly.
Kai looked up from his plate that Anistasia had just placed infrount of him.
'You're not going anywhere without either me, Tala or Bryan,' he said smoothly. Instantly, the girls started arguing.
'What?'
'But we're older than you.'
'And we can look after ourselves.'
'I don't care. Unless one of us is with you, you do not leave this house.'
'But Kaaiii......' Raven whined.
'No. That's the rule from now on, untill I find out who hurt you, Raven,' he said. Raven slumped back into her chair.
'Aw, now isn't that cute? You really do care about her don't you? No ones ever wanted to protect her that much.'
This is not the time Jiana.
'What I'm sure even Dranzer's noticed.'
Dranzer?
'Yes Kai?'
Kai heard a slightly higher female voice in his head.
'Dranzer, have you noticed anything different about Kai since Raven, Bex and Kat turned up?'
'Yes. He always seems to be thinking about her even when she's not around, and he has dreams about her.'
Dranzer!
Kai felt outraged that his bit-beats had just said that to Jiana.
'Well, not dreams as such. Just sort of thinking about things that whent on at the Abbey.'
Kai outwardly blushed, causing Raven to stare at him, frowning slightly, wondering what was wrong.
'Why? Nothing happened at the Abbey.' Jiana said, silently praying that they hadn't picked up her.
'Well, it wasn't anything she did. Just the way she did things and said.'
That's true. She'd always help me and protect me, even though she knew she'd be punished.
Jiana sighed mentaly. 'That's because, well, she did like you Kai, she still does. It's just that she's frightened of the feeling that she gets around you.'
What do you mean frightened?
'Some pretty bad stuff happened to her at the Abbey. Mostly to do with the punishments that Boris would personally give her. She was too young to understand what he was doing to her, but she knew that it hurt, and that she didn't wat it to happen. But he would do it anyway. It took her a while to realise that what Boris was doing was because of a physical attraction, and then she realised that she had a physical, and mental, attraction to you. It scared her. She didn't want to be hurt by you the same way that Boris was hurting her. Do you remember when you tryed to kiss her for helping you out of the river?'
Kai noded. 'Well, she let you, because that's what she wanted from you. But then she remembered what Boris had done, and she hit you. It was only because she was frightened that you were going to hurt her like him.She still doesn't understand the consept of love for another person. She thinks that anyone trying to kiss her wants to hurt her. She doesn't understand and is frightened, but she still loves you.'
Kai sat there, stunned. He felt Jiana's presence leave his mind. He looked around. Tala, Bryan and Ray had left. He could hear the TV on in the other room and guessed that they were in there. Bex and Katsina stood up and left the room as well. He looked over at Raven, and noticed that her eyes had glazed over and she was shivering slightly. He frowned.
'Raven?' He waved a hand infrount of her face. She started to sake uncontrollably. Kai did the first thing that came to his mind.
'BEX! KATSINA!'
They came running into the room immediately, followed by the others (including Tyson, Max and Kenny who had woken up).
'What's wrong with her?' he asked as Bex quickly examined her condition. She looked up at Katsina.
'Hand me the bag,' she said indicating the black overnight bag that Katsina was holding. She handed it over quickly. Bex started rummaging around, fishing out four different bottles of pills and a bottle of green liquid.
'Tala,' she said, not looking up as she counted out the separate pills, 'could you get a glass of water please.'
He ran into the kitchen and appeared a moment later with the water. He handed it to Bex.
'Kai hold her still.'
He did as instructed, holding her head still, trying his best not to hurt her. He watched Bex gently open Raven's mouth and drop three pills from the first bottle in, followed by some of the water. They watched as Raven struggled against Kai's hold before swallowing the tablets. She started to calm down. Again, Bex opened her mouth and dropped two pills from the second bottle in with some water. Again, Raven struggled then swallowed. Bex opened the bottle of liquid and poured some down Raven's throat. She swallowed without ccomplaint as her eyes started to droop. Then she put one pill from each of the last two bottles in her mouth and water. Once again, Raven swallowed without complaint. Her eyes closed and her breathing evened out, then stopped. Kai felt the abrupt change and looked up to Bex worriedly.
'Don't worry Kai, she's fine.'
'She's stopped breathing!' he exclaimed.
'No wait and watch.'
He looked back down at the lifeless body in his arms. Slowly, he realised that she was breathing again. He sighed, relieved. Raven opened her eyes and looked around from her place on the floor. Then she realised that her head was pillowed on Kai's lap and quickly sat up.
'How bad?' she asked the two girls who were watching her.
'You stopped breathing after you swallowed the last pills.'
Raven looked around, frownong slightly.
'The last time that happened, we were still at the Abbey,' Katsina said quietly.
'I know.' She stood up. 'We're still going into the city today.'
'Are you sure? I mean what if it happens again?'
'Well then Jiana can sense them before they happen so I'll be prepared.'
'Why didn't she warn you about that one then?'
'She was talking to me,' Kai said embarrassed.
Raven sighed. 'I'll still be fine. Now come on. Before it gets too late. Which one of you is coming with us?'
'I will,' said Kai.
'Right. Come on, you two. Let's go get dressed.'
They left the room, deep in a mental conversation. The Bladebreakers, Tala and Bryan watched them go. Tala turned back around to look at everyone.
What was that?'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rei's Neko_gurl: Oooooh. What was that about, hmmm?
Jiana: You know what that was about.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Of course I do. But the readers don't so if they review then I'll update. :D