Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Boredom ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Hey there. I know that it's been a while since I updated, but ma friend started writin a chappy, then forgot what the story was about and deleted what she had wrote, so I had to write this chappy. But there you go, you just can't depend on other writers.
Jiana: Stop insulting her.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Fine. Now, as I took ages to update this, this chappy happens a couple of days after the girls started at the school.And as always, I don't own, so don't sue.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Boredom

Raven wandered aimlessly around the mansion, in search of something to do. She didn't want to go to the gym, as she didn't need to train. She didn't want to go to the library, as it was boring. And she couldn't go into the study as Kai was in there and didn't want to be disturbed because he was researching something.She wasn't even allowed to leave the house because Kai had banned the outside world to her, which sucked in her opinion. It was why she hadn't been able to go with Bex and Katsina when they had begged to go swimming. In the end Kai had let them go, and they had left with Hilary and the guys (minus Kai of course). Even Kenny had went! Johnathan had driven them there and was under strict orders from Kai to wait for them untill they exited and drive them straight back. After her own breakfast, Raven had sat in the warm kitchen, listening to the kind maid as she chatted happily away, telling the black-haired girl stories of the Hiwatari's and of Kai before the Abbey. It had made Raven smile to know that Kai had had loving parents and had been happy, and that he was going to be happy again.
Raven's eyes were drawn to the large dark mahogany doors to her right. Kai's room. Bitting her lip, she sliped through them, closing the door quietly behind her. She carefully picked her way through the room, her neko eyes adjusting to the dim light, avoiding the various pieces of clothing and blade parts on the floor. Reaching another door, she carefully wlaked through that as well, again closing it behind her.
'Damn it,' she said silently. There was no windows in this room, and she was standing in darkness. She closed her eyes tightly for a second, before opening them again. A mirage of bright colours formed infront of her, allowing her to see what was in the room. This must be where Kai keeps his instruments, she thought, looking around. In one corner was a full drum kit, there was also two electric guitars and a bass. She turned. I deffinitely forgot he used to play that. Behind her, mounted on the wall, was a long silver flute. Careful not to drop it, she blew across the mouthpiece, picking a simple tune that she could remember. She smiled. Kai had taught her how to play.

*#~#*With Kai*#~#*

Kai POV

I growl and sit back in my chair, running my hands through my messy two-tonal hair that has oh so many obsessed fangirls after me. Hmm, maybe i should cut it off. That'll stop them......not. I close my eyes, resting them from the long hours of staring at black on white, or in some cases for these old books, yellow. Gods, I didn't know that it would be so hard trying to dig up the past. Man, if only I knew more of her past, it would explain why she acts this way. I suppose keeping her locked up inside wasn't the best thing to do, but I need to keep an eye on her, especialy if Boris is after her.
I smile. I did find one thing though. I look over to the picture that had been taken years ago. It shows the best two teams the Abbey ever made. The original Demoliton Boyz, myself, Tala and Bryan, and Silver Blaze, Raven, Bex and Katsina. We look so happy in the pic, back when we were about six or seven I'd say. Everyone except Raven. She looks happy enough, with her arms slung around my shoulders and a huge grin on her face, but if you look carefully, her eyes have a sort of haunting emptyness to them. I hadn't noticed it back then, but I do now. She's almost lost that look. What was it that had caused it. If only I knew.
I stand up from my desk. I need something to eat. It's cold in the hall. Also need to tell Anistasia to turn up the central heating. Winter's setting in. I walk downstairs and into the warm kitchen, seeing only one of the two people I thought would be there. Anistasia hands me a cup of hot coffee, but I feel strangely sadened by the absence of the other teen. I wounder where she is?
'Anistasia?'
'Yes Master Kai?'
'Where is Raven?'
She looks thoughtfull for a moment, then answers with a simple, 'I don't know, young sir.'
'Okay.'
I leave the maid to her cooking, wandering towards my room for some rest which I desperately need. My sleep has been plauged with strange dreams. Not nightmares, just wierd dreams. They look quite alot like they are from the past.
I stop infront of my door. It's not closed properly, but I'm sure that I closed it. I tense and push the door open slowly. It's dark in the room, perfect for anyone who was hiding. I make my way over to the window and quickly open the curtains. Turning, my eyes scan the room for any intruders. The door across from me stands slightly open. I walk over silently and open that door too. I gasp as I see who it is sitting on my floor. She looks so uninhibited, so uncaring, so.........free. Her hands move swiftly over the keys of the flute, playing a soft and familiar tune. She used to hum that same tune to me at the Abbey when I was upset , or scared or just wanted to be near someone who cared about me. It calms me and I edge nearer, trying not to disturb her. I didn't notice how close I had got untill my knee hit hers and her eyes snapped open.

Raven POV

My eyes snap open and I stop playing. Damn it! I close my eyes again, and upon opening they are back to normal. There he is, sitting right infront of me, too close. I lean back. He looks shocked for a second then stands, clearing his throat. I stare up at him with wondering eyes.
'I remember that tune,' he says as I stand and place the flute back on its stand carefully, rosy ceeks burning bright with embarrasment.
'Uh huh,' I murmer, staring at my feet.
He reaches out and takes hold of my chin, tilting my head up to look at him. I flinch, but am taken back when I see his eyes. They're not hard, but soft and gentle, like molten crimson pools. He has beautiful eyes. I close my eyes, waiting for the blow to hit. Something lightly touches my lips. I open my eyes to his closed ones. He presses his mouth closer to mine and to my surprise, I don't struggle. Even when he wraps his arms around my waist, I just return the gesture and he pulls me closer. My eyes slide closed as I feel his tongue press against my lips and I part them on a sigh. I moan as his tongue traces every part of my mouth, over my teeth, playing with my tongue. I shiver as his fingertips glide up my spine. I smile into the kiss. He used to do that when we were younger, but that was just to annoy me. We stay in each other's embrace for I don't know how long. Then I heard the door slam shut downstairs. The other's must be back. Kai pulls away from me and looks at me, a small smile playing on his lips. He's going to hit me now I just know it.
'I guess we'd better go and say hi,' he says. He kisses me again. I hug him hard then let go. I don't want to but know that I must. I'm confused though.When he kissed me......it wasn't like when Boris did that. Kai didn't try and hurt me. He made me feel........I dodn't know what it was, but I liked it.
We walk towards the door. He opens it and follows me down the stairs.

~Downstairs~

'What the hell?'
Kai stood in the doorway to the kitchen, staring at Katsina.
'I didn't see you dye your hair this morning,' he said to her, still gawping.
'I didn't,' Kat told him, frowning. 'You know it's rude to stare right?'
Kai closed his mouth but and sat down, accepting the mug of hot chocolate that Anistasia handed him. What he was staring at was Kat sina's hair. It had gone from blood red this morning to bubblegum pink.
'How did your hair change colour then?'
'I can do that, along with change the physical properties of any part of my body,' Katsina told him smoothly.
'Which comes in pretty useful fo rher line of work,' Bex said, earning a glare from The other.
'She just can't change her sex,' Raven said. Kat stuck her tongue out at her.
'It was a shock for us when she walked out of the changing rooms at the pool and her hair was a different colour, I'll tell you that,' Tyson said, as he shook his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Rei's Neko_gurl: Well this took a while to get going.
Jiana: Yeah right. It was because you had homework to catch up on.
Rei's Neko_gurl: So what's your point?
Jiana: Sighs.
Kai: Hey don't you still have homework to do?
Rei's Neko_gurl:Oh yeah!! Well untill next time folks.
All: Ja Ne