Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ It makes you do strange things ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Hey there! This is just to say that I don't own Beyblade or any related characters, just the unrecognised ones and my plot line.
Jiana: Enjoy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*
It makes you do strange things

Kai stood outside the doors to the livingroom. Then from inside he heard a large thump and a high yelp. Shaking his head, he entered the room.
'Wah! Kai, Katsina hit me!' Tyson moaned from his place on the floor, where he sat clutching his head.
'Did he deserve it?' Kai asked Katsina as she stood glowering over Tyson.
'Yes!' she said indignantly. 'He said I was gay!'
'But you are,' came the simple reply from Raven, who had seated herself on the couch beside Tala.
'That's not the point!' Kat wailed. 'It doesn't give him the right to say it,' she huffed, sitting down by Kenny.
'Well that doesn't give you the right to hit me!' Tyson said as he pulled himself up to wrap himself behind Max, shielding him from Kai and Katsina.
Max began laughing at his koi's embarrassment, but it soon turned to choking mid-giggle. His tan face began to turn red as he struggled to breath in.
'MAX!!' Tyson screamed as Max began to convulse in his arms.
Raven stood quickly, pulling a small orange bottle out from her jeans pocket. Kneeling beside the blonde teen, she gently opened one of his eyes. As carefully as she could, she opened his mouth and dropped two white pills into his mouth. The assembled teens held their breath, waiting to see if they would take effect. Slowly, Max stopped shaking, his breathing becoming steady. Tyson stroked his hair, silent tears streaking his face.
'Hey Tyson. Lift him up and take him to his room for some rest, okay?'
Tyson nodded numbly as he gently lifted Max from where he had been placed on the floor. Everyone parted to let them through. Tyson entered the room again shortly after, still in a state of shock.
'What was wrong with him?' he asked Raven quietly as she sat back down.
'He has quite a nasty cold.'
'How?'
Raven sighed. 'Yesterday, when you all went swimming, he didn't dry his hair. Then he went out into the snow. You can get cold's quite easily. I think that it was beacuse Max is from America that this was particularly bad. He's not used to such cold conditions yet,' she explained, looking over her book at the younger blue-haired blader.
Tyson's eyes narrowed. 'What did you give him?'
'Vicodin,' she said simply. Then sighed again at the confused look on his face. 'It acts as a painkiller, by numbing the muscles that are in pain. It numbed the muscles in his throat and allowed him to breath easy again. But he does need rest. He won't be going into school tommorow,' she said with a frown, showing clearly that she would not allow Max to leave the mansion untill she was happy with his health. Tyson continued to glare at her before sitting back down in the armchair that he and Max had been sharing. Their eyes remained locked. Tyson blinked, and looked down.
'You don't really care about him,' he muttered quietly to himself.
Unfortunately, Raven's ears picked it up.
'If I didn't care about him, I wouldn't have gave him anything at all to ease his pain. I would have just sat here and continued to read my book while you sat there screaming his name at him. Get it through your head Tyson, shouting 'Max' won't help.' She turned her eyes back to the book in her hands, as Tyson turned as red as the jacket he was wearing.
Everyone in the room looked at each other in astonishment.

*#~#*Next Day after gym class*#~#*

'Hey where's Tyson?' Ray asked, looking around the group of teens on the snowy rooftop of the school.
'I'll go find him,' said Raven as she stood up. Back down the stairs and towards the boys locker rooms she swept, cutting a large path through the other teens in the corridors. As she neared the locker rooms, Brooklyn, Garland and Mystel exited, sniggering about something. Brooklyn caught sight of Raven first.
'Well, well, well. If it isn't little Raven. What you been up to?' he said as he pulled her towards him, grinning.
'Shove it Brook,' Raven told him as she pushed past.
Once she was sure that they had turned the corner, she entered the room (AN: what? She grew up in the Abbey, like she'd hasn't seen a naked guy before).
'Tyson?' she called as she walked past the soccer coach's office.
Walking down the first row of locker's, she stopped infront of one of them. A bag lay open, its contents spilled out over the floor. Books were wet and papers were ripped. She recognised it as Tyson's bag, remembering that he had used his whiteout pen to emboss 'TG 4 MT' on the front of it. She knelt down and gathered up his things, still looking around for the young boy. As she placed Tyson's books back into his bags her sensitive hearing picked up the sound of a shower running.
'There you are,' she murmered as she stood.
Her eyes widened when she caught sight of the blader. His shirt was off and he was carefully washing blood away from cuts and bruises that covered his chest, stomach and shoulder blades. The imprint of a boot was shown in violent purple at the base of his spine. Kicking off her shoes she steped into the showers.
'Tyson, what happened?' she whispered.
He stiffened at the sound of her voice and turned. Raven's nose picked up the smell of salt from his tears. Quickly, she colsed the space between him and herself and wrapped her arms around the shivering boy.
'Raven, you shouldn't be in here, you're getting your clothes all wet,' he said quietly into her shoulder.
As gently as she could, Raven guided them both out of the shower and sat down next to his bag. She opened his locker and brounght his gym clothes back out. You'll have to wear these for the rest of the day, Tyson, seeing how they're the only dry clothes you've got.' She handed him the trousers and top. 'I'll dry your hair.' She threw a towel over his head.
'Hey, was that over the radiator?' Tyson asked as he pulled on the bright orange T-shirt.
'No, why?'
'Because it's warm,' he sniffed, when he had put on the trousers and leaned into Raven's hands as she continued to dry his hair. Smiling slightly, she increased the heat coming off of her hands. It always came in handy to be able to manipulate the elements. Once his hair was dry, Tyson made to stand up, but was pulled back down onto the bench.
'Tyson, I want you to tell me what happened,' Raven said seriously.
'It's not important.'
'Is it hell not important. I came in here and find you crying, covered in brusies, and you say that?'
'Well it's not...'
'Ty,' Raven wispered. 'Please tell me.'
Tyson looked up at her. She had never called him Ty before. It was just the rest of the Bladebreakers..........those who cared about him. His eyes filled with tears once more and he looked back down. He took a shaky breath before begining.
'It was Brooklyn and his friends,' he wispered. 'They cornered me after soccer practise and started shouting at me, saying I was worthless and a freak because I'm with Max. Brooklyn said I didn't deserve to be with Max, said that Max should be with him. Then they all started hitting me, saying that I was pathetic for not fighting back, mostly Brooklyn. I passed out, I couldn't take the pain.'
Raven wrapped her arms around the small teen again, anger and a promis in her eyes. Brooklyn would pay for what he did to the blader who was crying against her shoulder.
'I'm sorry Raven,' she heard Tyson mumble.
'Why are you sorry?'
'For crying. For letting them hurt me. For being so weak...'
'Stop there Ty. You are not weak. I don't care what they say, you're not. Kai thinks you're strong, the rest of your team thinks that also, along with me and my team. They are the ones who are weak, okay. As for crying, that does not show weakness. That shows that you are still human, that you still care. You took the pain they gave to you beacuse of your love for Max, and that is strength they will never have.'
Tyson looked into her silver eyes and saw no lies there. He chanced a small smile.
'Thank you, Raven.'
'Come on, Tys, your late for lunch.'
They left the locker room and headed for the rooftop. Tyson sat down and pulled out his lunch, putting on a smile and saying that he had had to stay behind to talk to his teacher. Raven pulled Bex and Katsina up off the bench they were sitting on and towards the door again.
'Where are we going?' Katsina asked once Raven had let go.
'To find Brooklyn,' Raven said quietly.
Everyone watched them go.

*#~#*In the courtyard*#~#*

'Hey Brooklyn!'
Brooklyn turned and was met by a fierce silver gaze.
'Hey, Raven. Want something?' he asked innocently.
'Yeah. We want you to apologise to Tyson,' Bex said as she stopped next to Raven (AN Raven had told them what Brooklyn had done to Tyson).
'Oh really,' said Brooklyn as he pushed off from the wall he had been leaning against. 'Well, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not going to apologise to that fucking little fairy.'
'And why not?' Raven groweled.
'Because I don't want to.'
A small crowd had formed around the six teens. From the roof above, Bryan called to the others.
'Check this out. Raven's standing up to Brooklyn!' someone in the crowd shouted, attracting more people.
Brooklyn smirked. 'Everything that I said to him is true. He is weak, and he doesn't deserve to be with Max. Max is too good for him.'
'He is not WEAK!' Raven shouted. 'Now apologise!'
'No. And do you know why not?' Brooklyn asked, stepping forward. 'Because I own this school. Because no one dare's to stand up to me. Because I can do this.'
With increadable speed, Brooklyn ran forward, a blur to the crowd and four of the arguing teens. He drew back his fist and pushed it forward, driving it towards Raven's stomach...........but it hit something solid. He gasped and looked down. Raven's hand was tightening its grip around his balled fist, her nails digging into his flesh, drawing blood. He brought his eyes up and looked at Raven.
'How did you....' he winced, the pain from his hand overwhelming him.
'If you don't apologise to Tyson,' she thightened her grip, 'then I will break every bone in your hand.'
Brooklyn turned sharply, pulling his bloody hand out of her grasp. He faked another punch and brought his leg up to kick her in the head, but she ducked down and swung her leg around, catching the ankle that was supporting him and he fell. He opened his eyes just in time to see her fist aimed at his head and rolled out of the way. Instead of hitting its mark, the fist connected with the concrete, creating a large hole. The crowd around them took a large step back at this show of strength. Brooklyn too was weary of her now as she straightened up. Eyes narrowed, they circled each other, two preditors looking for a weakness in the other. Raven was first to move, so quick that even Brooklyn didn't see her. This time her fist made contact with his face and he was sent flying backwards into the wall he had been leaning against. Not giving him time to recover, Raven hit him again and again. Then she pulled both of his arms behind his back, one of her knee's resting just below them. She brought her face down beside his ear.
'Now I want you to go and find Tyson, and I want you to apologise to him properly. And if you don't, I'll know about it..............and I'll beat you so bad they won't recognise you.' She added the last part in a low wisper, a dire warning to him. Clenching his eyes shut, he nodded slowly. 'Good,' she said as she stood up. 'Now go find him.'
Brooklyn stood with difficulty and headed off quickly to find Tyson, Garland and Mystel in tow.

*#~#*Later that day*#~#*

Raven entered Max's room with a tray laden with the blonde's favourite sugery snacks. Her eyes landed on the two figures on the bed. Max was tenderly wrapping bandages around Tyson's chest and stomach, worry and concern plastered over his features. Raven smiled.
'So Ty, did Brooklyn apologise?' she asked.
'Yeah,' Tyson answered as she set the tray down within arms reach for Max. Instantly, two chocolate bars and a can of cola were snatched up.
'Take it easy, Max. I'm not going to wisk it away from you,' Raven laughed. The blonde smiled at her.
'Hey, Raven?'
'Yeah?'
'I know what you did, and I just want to know......why did you do it?'
'Tyson......just because I don't show it on the outside, doesn't mean that I don't care about you.'
'Well, I'm greatfull for it. Thanks,' Tyson said, blushing.
'I know Ty,' Raven said as she stood back up from Max's bed. 'I'll be bringing up your dinner shortly, okay Max? Try not to get full on all of that first.'
'Yes Raven,' Max said, like a child speaking to a mother.
Raven smiled again at the two as she exited the room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Rei's Neko_gurl: And so ends another chappter.
Jiana: Who wouldv'e guesed? Raven has a heart and can kick ass!
Tyson: Yeah she can.
Brooklyn: Why did it have to be me though?
Rei's Neko_gurl: Cause I haven't forgotten how much you hurt Kai, you nasty nasty person. Anyway, please review peeps.