Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ From the Very First Glance ❯ the video ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: From The Very First Glance:

Author: chibidark angel

Disclaimer: I do not own anything of beyblade what so ever, I swear, except from the plot, cause I don't think anyone else has used this idea, so muwahahaha, it's mine! But no, I don't own beyblade, so pleeze don't sue, I'm veeeerrrrrryyyy poor, all I own is a grim reaper insence burner, so blah! =p

Summery: kai and Kevin are penpals, and one day, kai gets a video message off Kevin, introducing him to his home, and a raven-haired beauty who will steal his heart…

Pairings: kai/rei, Mariah/Emily, max/Tyson, Kevin/Kenny, lee/Michael, Stephen/eddie, tala/bryan.

Warnings: yaoi and yuri! Some girl-on-girl action, mostly guy-on-guy (mmm, yummy! ^_^) there is OOCness, especially kai, cusing, probably some violence, all my fics do. The fic is AU, though there is still beyblading.

A/N: heydee-ho people!!!!! Yes, it is I chibidark angel, here with another fic. I know I know, I still have to finish unsung, but I swear, that'll be coming first, because I actually DO have a plot, I've got a page of things that need to happen before the kai/rei kiss, including interruptions (I know, I'm evil, you'll all hate me by the end of that fic) but this one isn't as bad for interruptions as unsung, there's just another little problem, not that bad, but you'll find out what that is… anyhoo, pleeze let me know what you think of the fic: read and review! So, here we go!

Prologue:

"Hey Kai, you got mail!" Tyson shouted, running into the kitchen where Kai sat eating breakfast.

He tossed it to Kai as he ran past him over to the presses as he muttered, "Man, I'm starving, I need some food."

Kai finished off his breakfast cereal before taking up the large envelope on the table beside him, and examining it closely. He 'hn'd and gave a faint flicker of a smile as he recognised the scratchy writing.

"So, who's it from, your booooooyfriend?" Tyson leered, as he dumped a pile of food on the table in front of the sitting teen.

"Kevin is not my boyfriend, he's my penpal," Kai growled.

"Fine, fine, so it's from your penpal who you wish was your boyfriend," Tyson smirked, as Kai rolled his eyes and sighed, "So, what's in it?"

"I wouldn't know, I haven't opened it yet, I mean, I was about to, but then you interrupted me, and distracted me…" Kai smirked as he teased Tyson.

"Awwww, come on Kai, open it, I won't stop bugging you until you do."

"You never stop bugging me."

"Yeah, good point. Ah, but this time I'll sing," Tyson announced triumphantly, at the slightly fearful look that appeared on Kai's face- Tyson was tone deaf and liked to sing very loudly in a squeaky, high-pitched voice.

"Alright, alright, I'll open it," he conceded hastily.

Tyson grinned and leaned closely as Kai opened up the envelope, and turned it upside down. As he done so, a slip of paper and a video fell neatly into his lap.

"Hey, a video," Tyson gasped, while Kai rolled his eyes, muttering sarcastically, "No shit Sherlock, however did you figure that one out?"

"Hey, no fair, being all sarcastic like that, I was just simply pointing out what it was," Tyson retorted defensively, "Well, come on, what's on the video? What does the piece of paper say? Tell me," he whined, poking Kai in the ribs.

"I'm never going to tell you if you don't stop annoying me," Kai scowled, "Now sit down and I'll read the letter out to you, okay?"

Tyson pouted, but complied nevertheless, sitting down on his seat opposite Kai and, grabbing an apple, took a giant bite out of it, chewing slowly, as Kai cleared his throat and started to read.

"Dear Kai," he read out, "Hey there, how are you? I know we usually e-mail each other, but we haven't written to each other in such a long time, and, as you've seen, I wanted to send another thing to you, I suppose you're wondering what it is. Well, do you remember when we were talking about the video messages-where we send videos to each other, showing each other our homes and our friends and families? Well, I thought, what the fuck, and decided to do just that- and there it is! On the video, you'll get to see me for the first time, as well as my friends, family and my home, I hope you like it! Send me an e-mail as soon as you've watched it, and I hope you'll be able to send a video of your own back to me soon. Talk to ya later, bye! Kevin," Kai finished quietly, staring down at the page and the at the video on the table in wonder, a small smile forming on his lips, while Tyson grinned sillily and said cheekily, "Ooo, Kai gets to see his boyfriend for the very first time! Oh, him and Kevy-pooh are soooo in love- EEP!" he screamed, leaping up and Kai made a mad dash towards him, murder flashing mischievously in his crimson eyes, "Kai, no! Don't kill me please, I swear I was only kidding!"

"Yeah, well you were 'only kidding,' for the last time kid!" Kai shouted, while Tyson stopped, stamping his foot as he cried out indignantly, "Hey! I am not a kid!" before he yelped as Kai tackled him to the ground, starting to give him a major noogie, "no, Kai, stop!"

"Hmm, alright," Kai nodded, still sitting sideways on Tyson's stomach as he pulled his hands back.

Tyson looked around in surprise, shocked that Kai would give in so easily, though suddenly, he shrieked, as Kai attacked him again except this time, with laughter as Kai tickled him mercilessly. Tears ran down his cheeks as he laughed, gasping for breath as he managed to spluttered out, "K-ka-kai, p---pl-pleeeeeeezzzeee st-stoooop!"

Kai looked thoughtfully into the distance as he continued to tickle Tyson, before he shook his head, grinning evilly as he said, "Nah, I don't think so," and he continued to tickle Tyson, who squirmed and struggled in vain. There was a sudden knock on the back door and Kai and Tyson looked up to see a floppy-haired boy with large glasses perched on the tip of his non-visible nose standing in the door, grinning at the two teens, a laptop carefully cradled in his hands.

"Kenny, hey!" Tyson called in greeting, as he looked at the boy, who appeared to be upside-down due to the fact that his head was turned back, while Kai nodded in greeting, grinning as he stood and pulled a red-faced Tyson off the ground.

"Hey guys, what happened, Kai get something from Kevin?" Kenny asked grinning wryly- because he practically lived over at their house, he knew nearly everything there was to know about them and they knew everything about him as well.

"Yup, how'd you guess?" Kai chuckled, while Tyson grinned and replied, "He got a video tape!"

"A video? But I thought you two only talked about it," Kenny said in surprise.

"Yeah, we did, but he just thought what the hell and sent me this tape," Kai answered.

"Cool, what's on it?!" another boy cried excitedly, as he popped his head around Kenny's shoulder, causing Tyson to jump back in fright.

"It's got stuff about Kevin, and his family and stuff," Kai answered nonchalantly, while Tyson gasped, "Jesus Tala, don't do that again, you keep scaring the shit out of me!"

"Sorry, but it's just too easy, and way too much fun," the red-head grinned evilly as he shrugged haplessly, stepping around Kenny and into the kitchen, "Hey Kai."

"Hey Tala," Kai nodded, while Tyson asked, "So, where's the others?"

"Oh em, they all just had to fix some things up with the sports equipment at school before it closes for the summer," Kenny answered, "They'll be up n about half and hour."

"Oh yeah, summer hols, yippee!" Tyson yelled, "No more school for two whole months!"

"Yup, it's the coolest!" Tala cried in delight with him, as the two teens started doing their own funny little dances, bumping hips and laughing their heads off, Kai and Kenny looking on with bored and stoic expressions.

"So, eh, yeah, anyway," Tala laughed, as he caught Kai's expression, "We should wait for them to come, they'll want to see the video too ya know."

"Yeah, good idea," Tyson nodded eagerly, "That gives me plenty of time to eat!"

The group laughed as Tyson pulled out slices of bread and started making loads of sandwiches; some for them and the rest for him. All four teens lounged around the kitchen, listening to music and eating sandwiches, until Tyson pushed his plate, which still held a couple of sandwiches, away.

"Oh man, I'm full, I think I made too many sandwiches," he moaned, as they other boys laughed at him.

Suddenly they heard different voices talking and laughing as they made their way towards the open back door. Kai popped his head out the door, shouting, "Yo, Michael, Eddie, Stephen! Come on down here, you hungry, Tyson actually made more sandwiches than he can eat!"

"Oh my god, it's a bloody miracle!" a voice called, and the owner, a teen with wild reddy-brown hair kept under control by a baseball cap, ran in the door, staring at Tyson, "Look! It's the eighth wonder of the world, a full Tyson! Oh, if only I had a camera…" he sighed disappointedly, yet grinned wickedly at Tyson as he sat down across from him, while Tyson frowned, scowling, "Oh, very funny Michael, very funny indeed."

"But true, you gotta admit it," the teen with the baseball cap and shirt on smirked, stretching back in his chair, as another two boys entered the kitchen hand in hand, laughing.

The first was a tall and tanned boy, with an NBA basketball top on and matching shorts, while the second was smaller, but of larger build, and he wore loose white kakais and a tight football jersey.

"You know Tyson, if the wind changes, your face will be stuck like that forever," the tanned one smirked, while the smaller one said, "Yeah, so don't change your expression, your face looks much better that way!"

"Oh ha ha Stephen, thanks for the advise, and Eddie, there is no wind today so my face can't change, so there!"

"You'd never know," Eddie grinned, as he sat taking Stephen onto his lap immediately nuzzling the smaller teens neck."

"So, what's up with you guys?" Michael asked, "Bored already?"

"Nope, we got a tape to watch, we were waiting for you guys to show up so we could put it on," Tala replied, waving the tape in front of him.

"Oh, what's on it?" Stephen asked curiously.

"It's a tape from Kevin," Kai answered.

"Cool, let's go watch it," Eddie grinned, while Tyson stood, waving his arm, saying, "Come on guys, lets go into the sitting room.

The group of teens made their way through the house, piling into the sitting room: Eddie and Stephen cuddling up on a two-seater chair, Tyson and Michael sprawled across the couch, fighting for space, Kenny curled up in the reclining chair, and Tala and Kai sitting back on the floor. Quickly, Kai turned on the tv, switched to the video channel, put the video into the video recorder and pressed play. There was a slight pause before the machine whirred into life, and the video began.

Sooooo, what do you think? Yeah, I know, it's crap *shakes head* but you see, this is an introduction, and next chapter is yippee! The video, where we meet Kevin and all his gang! So pleeze review, I have to know if people like it so I will bother my ass and write more! Farethee well! ^_^