Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ From the Very First Glance ❯ a raven-haired beauty... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: From The Very First Glance:

Author: chibidark angel

Disclaimer: I do not own anything of beyblade what so ever, I swear, except from the plot, cause I don't think anyone else has used this idea, so muwahahaha, it's mine! But no, I don't own beyblade, so pleeze don't sue, I'm veeeerrrrrryyyy poor, all I own is a grim reaper insence burner, so blah! =p

Summery: kai and Kevin are penpals, and one day, kai gets a video message off Kevin, introducing him to his home, and a raven-haired beauty who will steal his heart…

Pairings: kai/rei, Mariah/Emily, max/Tyson, Kevin/Kenny, lee/Michael, Stephen/eddie, tala/bryan.

Warnings: yaoi and yuri! Some girl-on-girl action, mostly guy-on-guy (mmm, yummy! ^_^) there is OOCness, especially kai, cusing, probably some violence, all my fics do. The fic is AU, though there is still beyblading.

A/N: wow, I am soooo shocked by the amount of reviews I got, and I just want to thank you all, you are all sooo nice, and I'm reeeaaaalllllyyyyy sorry for taking so long, school's been hectic and whatnot, but I'll try to get the other chapters up sooner, kay? Anyhoo, here's my thank-yous:

Just Someone: eeek, sorry! Sooo sorry for the lack of updation, really I am! I'm glad you like my story, and I hope you like this chapter, thanks for your review, I loved it!

Queen-Seta/Remmy-The-Insane: ooo, you love it? wow, thanks soooo much! =^_^= I'm so happy you like my fic and I'm sooo sorry for not continuing sooner, really I am! Thanks for your review, I hope you like this chapter!

devilburns: oh, I'm sooo happy you like my story, and yes, here is more, I'm reeeaaaaalllyyyy sorry I haven't continued in ages, SORRY! I hope you like this chapter, thanks sooo much for your review!

DranzerGirl: hey, thanks for the support, I'm so happy you like my fic and yes, there is tala/bryan cause that is just such a cute couple, EEK! *ducks behind pillow* I'm sorry bryan isn't there yet, we will be meeting him a little bit in this chapter, hope it helps you and though it'll take a little while, I swear that they'll get together, promise! I'm sorry I made you cry, here's a hug from me *huggles* hope you like this chapter, thanks for your review!

ChibiDevil Amber*Silver.S: hey, you're name is funky, I like it! sorry about the short chapter, I'll try to make the chapters longer, kay? I'm soooo happy you like my fic and oooo, cherrys and puppy-eyes make such a cute comination, how can I resist? And yes, maxie is cute, we'll be getting a little glimps of him in this chapter and then more looks in later ones, hope it makes you happy. Thanks for your review, hope you like this chapter!

Angel of Pure Darkness: Yeeee, I'm sooo glad you like this fic, and yes, you shall see kai's reaction to rei, tala does get to tease him, but don't worry, cause tala does get a loverboy for himself, so it's all good! Sorry for taking so long to continue, it shouldn't happen again, I hope! ^_^V hope you read more and enjoy this chapter!

xXxBeccaxXx: oh my god, thank you soooo much for putting me on your favourites list, you are sooo nice! *huggles* I'm so happy you like my fic, and yes, kai will be seeing rei in this chapter! ^_~ hope you like it and thanks sooo much for your review!

Sea-tiger 170: EEEEE! *squeals* thank you sooo much for putting me on your favourites list, you are too nice! *big hugs* thank you for your review, and I'm really sorry for taking so long to update, please forgive me! *eyes frying pan of death nervously* I don't want to think of what you would do with that, though beware, for I have to help of my must Funky, a purple, ballet-dancing elephant, muwahaha! Kay, I'll stop now… hope you like this chapter, sorry for the non-updation again!

Silverleaf: I'm really really sorry for not updating, really I am! I hope you like this chapter, and thank you for your review, hope you like this chapter!

Ray's Kitten: wow, oh my god, thank you for putting me on your favs list, that's soo nice! *huggles* oh and thank you for your review! Glad you like my fic, and I'm sorry for taking so long to post this chapter up, hope you like it!

Serinity: thanks for your review, I'm so glad you like the way it started, and I hope you like this chapter too, sorry for taking so long to review!

The Scourge: and very attractive school socks they are! Hmmm, I look nervous… well I ain't now, I'm perfectly not nervous, though I am hungry… thanks for the little message, looking forward to more1

Nyaru: ooooo, I'm sooo sorry for taking so long and leaving you in suspense, please forgive me! I promise I won't leave you in suspense any more… well, not that much anyway *smirk* glad you like my story, hope you like this chapter!

Anonymous: oh, please don't cry, I'm sooooo sorry for not updating sooner, here, have a pat on the head and a spiritual box of tissues *pats head and hands over box* hope you feel better, and maybe this chapter will help too, hope you like it, thanks for your review!

Otaku4: oh, I'm sooo happy you like my fic so far, and yes, I am updating, see, I'm just really sorry for taking sooo long, I hope you can forgive me and you like this chapter! Thank you for your review!

Peeps Inferior: hey thank you for your review, I'm glad you like my fic, and I'm sorry for not continuing sooner, I rreeeeaaaallllly am! *smiles hopefully* hope you like this chapter!

RainOwl: you think I'm evil? *blushes* you're too nice, thank you! ^_^ em yeah, it's not really what kai thinks about Kevin being a midget cause he doesn't really care about stuff like that… well, at least that's what I think… as for why he's living with Tyson, well… you'll just have to wait and see, muwahahaahaaaa! Told you I was evil! And yes, tala is a friend of tysons, this is AU after all, so goody for me! ^_^ I really hope the chapter does rock for you, hope you like it, and thank you for your review!

Oliver: sorry for keeping you so long, pleeze don't die on me, I don't want to loose one of my cool reviewers! I'm happy you like my idea and thanks for the constructive critisism all the same! Thanks for your review, hope you like this next chapter!

Tala-Baby: yup, tala is chirpy! *proud smile* I like him this way and I did warn you that the characters were OC and hey please don't maul tala too badly, I need him in top shape for this chapter! Hope you like this chapter and thanks for your review!

Flower-on-the-wind: yup Kevin/Kenny. Well, they are both small you know, I think they'd be cute together! I really do have every intention of continuing this and seeing it out to the end, thank you for your vote of confidence, I hope you continue to review this story. Thanks for your review, very much appreciated, and I hope you like this chapter!

KASEY19: em…. Sorry but I don't know what ji is, but I hope it was something good! ^_^ hope you like this chapter and could you please tell me what ji is? Thanks!

PinkDevil: wow, you're soooo enthusiastic, I love it! yeah, about the Stephen thing, here in Ireland that's the way we spell it, so I'll probably have a mixture of the two spellings, and yeah, another steven/eddie fan, huzza! And I'm sooo happy that you like all my characters and everything, I am sooooo majorly sorry for taking so long, I hope you can forgive me! Thanks for your review!

Just-some-girl1: thanks for your review, I'm glad you like my story, hope you like this chapter!

Mizu_Tenshi: ooooo, you're name is soooo pretty! I'm so glad you like my story, and yeah, tala dancing would be such a kewel thing to see! Oh, this is your second AU? Well, I hope I'm doing a good job! Thanks for your review and I'm sooooo sorry for taking so long to update, really I am, hope you like this chapter!

Eresphen's Light: yes, a minor cliffie, I could do worse… but I am sorry for that and for taking so long, but we get to see the video now and all the reactions! ^_~ hope you like this chapter, I'm really sorry for taking so long, hope you can forgive me and thank you for your review!

Wow, so that's all that done, I still can't believe I actually got so many reviews and I am sorry for taking so long, I'll try not to be so careless and mean next time. Hope you all like this chapter!

Chapter One: A Raven-Haired Beauty:

The television screen was black for a moment, before it sprang to life and the video started to run, revealing a teenage boy sitting in front of what was probably a camera. From what Kai could see, he seemed to be very small; he sat upon a wooden chair, legs swinging back and forth, sandaled feet barely scraping off the ground. He wore a light green kimono over shorts and dark green hair tied back partly covered his face. Kai smirked slightly and Tala giggled as they heard Kenny gasp softly as the teen smiled, looking into the screen with large purple eyes. Suddenly, those eyes moved, looking up behind the camera to some unknown person.

"Can you see me? Is it focused?" the teen asked, and another voice answered, "Yup, it's already to go, filming right now, actually."

This voice was a deeper, husky masculine voice, and Kai felt an odd shiver, not altogether unpleasant, run down his spine, as it spoke.

"I'm off, I gotta dry my hair," the voice replied, fading as its owner moved away, and the teen smiled gratefully, saying, "Alright, thanks," then refocused, looking into the camera, as he smiled, gave a little wave and said, "Hey Kai, it's me Kevin. Sorry bout that just there, I was just getting this thing set up, and yes, before I say anything else, I am actually as small as I look; a very small 4 foot 9."

At this, Tyson promptly burst out laughing at this, clutching the edge of the sofa to stop himself from falling off the edge as he cried out, "He's a midget, Kai's boyfriend is a midget! Ah, this is too friggin' funny!"

"Hey Tyson, there is nothing wrong with being small, I'm only 5 foot!" Kenny cried out indignantly.

"Yeah, but you're cool Kenny, and besides, you're not Kai's boyfriend, him and Kevin will look so funny beside each other!" Tyson howled with laughter, and Kai growled with anger as he paused the video, saying, "Tyson, he is not my boyfriend, you'd better watch it…"

"Geez, no need to get so touchy cuz," Tyson grinned, rolling his eyes, while Kai sighed, "Just shut up, alright?" as he unpaused the video, and Kevin continued talking.

"…know this must come as a bit of a surprise, we never thought for definite about sending each other the videos, but I thought it would be a cool idea, so here I am!" he smiled brightly, "Anyway, enough with me, I'm going to show you around my home."

With that, the small teen hopped off the chair and made his way behind the camera; picking it up and setting it steady in his grip. Kai and Tala grinned evilly at each other as they heard Kenny sigh softly and give a soft, "Aww…" of disappointment as Kenny disappeared from view.

"I think someone's got a crush on my penpal," Kai whispered to Tala, who giggled, nodding in reply, as they settled back to watch the video, as Kevin made his way down a hall in his house, and then into a bedroom.

The walls were a light navy colour, and the floors were wooden. There were three beds in a row opposite the door, with three wardrobes across from them. Shelves ran over the beds, filled with all sorts of trophies, books and different trinkets, and beside the door was a large desk with a computer on it, and a punch-bag in the corner, surrounded by mats. The walls were covered in posters and different weapons in cases.

"This is me, Lee's and Rei's room, the three boys, as you can tell. You happen to be lucky we got around to cleaning it, usually there are clothes scattered everywhere and books thrown around, it's not pretty, I can tell you. And this is our computer, where I send my e-mails and whatnot to you," Kevin said, patting the computer affectionately.

"The weapons are either ones we have won at martial arts competitions or have received off relatives, and as you can see, we've got loads of trophies from all the competitions. This is the first place we one altogether in the team fighting in the World Championships last year," Kevin continued in a proud tone as he zoomed in on a large trophy which was marble, with a silver figurine in a fighting stance on top.

"That was such a great even, man Kai, it was a pity you were injured last year, I wish you could've seen us, especially Rei, he was on fire that year!" Kevin cried excitedly, as he turned and started to walk out of his room and into another room, "But anyway, on we go, this is Mariah, my sister's room."

The room was much brighter than the boys'- the walls were a light cream colour, with a wardrobe and a dressingtable beside the bed which was covered with little teddies, while all around the room were various weapons and trophies, and a punchbag lay in the corner, totally ruining the effect of a 'girly' room. Suddenly, as large cat jumped up onto the bed, stretching out and yawning, sending a curious look up at the camera.

"This is Galax, Mariah's cat, we don't know for definite, but we're pretty sure she's part tiger. She's harmless though, prefers to chase a ball all day than birds, isn't that right?" he cooed, reaching out and stroking the snow-white fur gently, while Galax purred in delight.

"Gotta go, see ya later Galax," Kevin called, as he turned and made his was out of the room and into a large kitchen.

"Um, this is the kitchen, not much to say about this room, except it is where I experiment with all my weird cooking ideas, such as that peanut butter and chocolate spread toasted sandwhich (1)," Kevin giggled, as he moved on into the dining room where he zoomed in on two girls, who were sitting at the dining-room table, kissing passionately.

"And here we have my sister Mariah, the one with the pink hair, with her girlfriend Emily!" Keving announced loudly, causing the two girls to jump and whip around to stare at the camera in shock.

"Kevin, you little pervert!" Mariah exclaimed angrily, her hands on her hips, "What are you doing, taping us?"

"It's just my tape to Kai," Kevin retored defensively.

"Oh yeah, your boyfriend, right?" Emily grinned, as she adjusted her glasses.

"He is not my boyfriend, he's my penpal!" Kevin shouted angrily in a frustrated tone, while Tyson laughed, saying, "I like those girls, they're cool."

"So, where's the rest?" Kevin asked, coming towards the two girls, who had sat back down at the table, Emily on Mariah's lap.

"Outside I think, and oh, Rei's in the den," Mariah replied, "Now go, shoo!"

"Whatever," Kevin sighed, as he turned away from the two girls who were continuing their passionate activity, "Mariah and Emily are great, buy they like to wreck my head a lot, and they're a pretty cute couple, even if their hair clashes horribly," he added as he made his way into another room, where loud music could be heard, leaking through the closed door.

Kevin pushed the door open, revealing a figure, bent over, drying their hair and singing along with the loud music in a powerful, husky voice. Kai felt his breath catch in his throat as he beheld who he believed to be a girl, because of the amount of hair 'she,' had, and the first thought that came to his mind was, 'Okay, I don't like girls, but wow, she has a really nice ass."

"Rei!" Kevin shouted, though his voice was drowned out by the blaring music, so he quickly walked over to the stereo near the person and turned it down, shouting, "REI!"

"Huh? Oh hey Kevin!" the person said, in a surprisingly deep voice, as they flipped their hair back, turning around to Kevin, smiling as he said, "What's up?"

"I'm doing my video, remember?" Kevin giggled, "So, say hi to Kai. Kai, this is my brother Rei/"

Kai felt his eyes widening and his jaw drop as he stared at the Chinese boy on the screen. He was beautiful! Long black hair framed a tanned face, and black bangs fell gently over bright amber eyes which lit up as he smiled at the camera, giving a little wave as he said, "Hey Kai, Kevin's told me loads about you. Hope things are going well with you and your friends in America."

Kai couldn't stop staring at the other teen, running his eyes up and down his lean body and his face with his pert nose and pouty lips…

"Yo, Kai!" came a shout from beside him, and Kai blinked in surprise to see that the video had been paused and Tala was grinning at him evilly.

"What?" he asked in a cold tone, glaring at the red-haired teen, who smirked and said, "Nothing, I just wanted to make sure you didn't start drooling on us there."

"Hn," Kai replied, then snatched the remote and unpaused the video, groaning to himself, as Kevin said bye to Rei and made his way outside to the backgarden, where they saw a figure up on a field at the back of the house, which was surrounded by cherry blossom trees, which were coming into full bloom.

As Kevin came closer to the figure, they could see it was an older boy, practising with a long curved sword; swinging and thrusting it around in an easy manner.

"Oh my god!" Michael cried, sitting up straight on the couch as he stared at the sword-wielding teen, "would you just look at the way he's swinging that sword so easily and so well? Could you just imagine him with a bat in his hands instead, oh god he's a pitcher's dream," he finished, openly drooling at this stage.

"More like your dream," Eddie sniggered.

"Yeah, dream man!" Stephen laughed, as he and Eddie high-fived each other, while Michael snapped back to reality, glaring at the two boys who were laughing, along with everyone else in the room.

Sighing, he slumped back on the couch, muttering, "So I might think he's a little cute…" as the others winked at each other, laughing, and Tyson nudged him, leering at him, while he swatted back at him half-heartedly.

The group managed to calm down and resumed looking at the video, where Kevin was saying, "…my brother Lee. Yo Lee, say hello to Kai!"

The teen turned around, his sword hanging by his side as he flashed the camera a smile as he said, "Hey there Kai and co. hope things are going good in America, and that you're practising your martial arts and all!"

"Thanks Lee," Kevin said, when there was a sudden shout of, "Yo Kevin!" from behind him.

Kevin turned to see two teenage boys running up the grass towards him, laughing and waving. This time it was Tyson's and Tala's turn to gasp as the two boys got closer.

"Yo Max, Bryan! Come here and say hi to Kai and his friends!" Kevin cried excitedly.

"Oh great, you're making it, looks like we got here just in time!" one of them giggled, as he waved to the camera, greeting cheerily as he said, "Hey there American dudes, I'm Max," his bright blue eyes shining mischievously, as he pushed his floppy blond hair away from his face and said, "mmm, something interesting…kay, while skittles are good and coke is good, the combination is even better!"

"Mmm… skittles and coke…" Tyson murmured in a dreamy tone, a glazed look in his eyes.

"I think Tyson just found his soulmate," Kenny teased, while Tyson blushed and retorted, "Yeah, well at least he's not a midget!"

It was now Kenny's turn to blush, and he quickly coughed and turned to the screen, where the second boy was not introducing himself as, "…Bryan, please to meet… well technically, speak to you all. I'm a little bit crazy, but that's expected when you're friend with this family," he shrugged, flashing a lobsided smile at the camera, as his light violet hair fell over his silvery orbs.

"Mmm, crazy," Tala sighed, staring at the screen with a goofy grin.

"Now who's the one drooling?" Kai smirked, as Tala turned, glowering, and stuck his tongue out at him in a very childlike manner.

Back on the tv, Rei had now joined the others, along with Mariah and Emily, and they had decided to have piggyback races up and down the field. Rei carried Max, Lee carried Bryan and Mariah carried Emily. The group raced up and down the field, brothers and sister competing against each other as they sprinted, at an extremely fast pace, with Rei coming first, followed closely by Maria and Lee, as they ran up to Kevin.

"Come on little bro," Lee grinned, as he swept Kevin up onto his back, while Mariah snatched the camcorder off him, saying, "I'll take that."

"Woah! Bye Kai, hope you found this video to be an interesting insight into my family and friends. E-mail me and let me know what you think, see ya!" he shouted, as Lee turned and ran off, Rei and Max following, to play some sort of piggyback wrestling, while Emily and Bryan waved at the camera, shouting, "Bye!" as the picture faded and went blank.

"Well, that was…interesting," Kenny said, with a slightly goofy grin.

"Yeah, I think we have definitely all learned something from that," Michael winked at everyone else, who, excluding Eddie and Stephen, had either a dazed look in their eyes, or a secretive smile on their lips.

"Well," Kai suddenly said, as he stood, stretching, "I'd better go e-mail Kevin."

"Yeah!" Tyson shouted cheerfully, "And then on to making the video!"

So there you go, what did you think: good, bad or indifferent? Let me know what you think of the chapter, review, please! Again, I'm really sorry bout taking so long to update, really I am! Farethee well! ^_^