Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ From the Very First Glance ❯ Making the video ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: From The Very First Glance:

Author: chibidark angel

Disclaimer: I do not own anything of beyblade what so ever, I swear, except from the plot, cause I don't think anyone else has used this idea, so muwahahaha, it's mine! But no, I don't own beyblade, so pleeze don't sue, I'm veeeerrrrrryyyy poor, all I own is a grim reaper insence burner, so blah! =p

Summery: kai and Kevin are penpals, and one day, kai gets a video message off Kevin, introducing him to his home, and a raven-haired beauty who will steal his heart…

Pairings: kai/rei, Mariah/Emily, max/Tyson, Kevin/Kenny, lee/Michael, Stephen/eddie, tala/bryan.

Warnings: yaoi and yuri! Some girl-on-girl action, mostly guy-on-guy (mmm, yummy! ^_^) there is OOCness, especially kai, cusing, probably some violence, all my fics do. The fic is AU, though there is still beyblading.

A/N: wow, this is crazy, I've gotten so many reviews, I'm bloody speechless, and that's something hard to do, THANK YOU EVERYONE! ^_^ and oh my god people I am soooo sorry for taking so long, I'm finally after getting through the torture of exams and am on my summer hols, which means, I'm totally free to update my fics much faster, thank god! So yeah, am really totally absolutely sorry for the length of time it's taken me to update, please forgive me, and enjoy this chapter!but first, thank-yous. Kay, there are like sooo many reviews, so I'm gonna do like block replies for this one, just know that every review is like really important to me, I love them all!

To: the tigris, MAGNA-ANGEL 1 - thanks for putting me on your favs list and for your reviews, sorry for the lack of updation, enjoy the chapter!

Thank you to: Ray's Kitten, Raku Ozzarian Princess(I swear I'm not trying to kill you, I'm sorry, pleeze don't cry!), glances?, raid(who could resist them puppy eyes?), Lady Snowblossom(glad you like my pairings, I go for unusual!) Kan,Dragonis and Gion(mimes rock!), Donky-chic(interesting pairings are fun, you gotta go for interesting!), The Scourge(sugar is fun, and rei and kai combined? Wish I'd seen that…rock on!) LilyMiroki, Akata Silver.S(oh, you're thinking of cherries, they're nice, how can I resist?!) Renn, Mr.X(now, do you mean gay as in they are all gay, cause well…yeah I know, or gay as in 'gay' like stupid or dumb?) Shaka Dragomir Nocturnus(that is such a cool name!) Shaman Wolf, otaku 4(your unfailing support is just so great, thanks sooo much!) Ice Puppet(hellya, rei is one lot bishie! ^_^) CraZy NeKO-JiN (kewel name dude, glad you love my story!) rose(you're not being rude at all, I'm flattered that you wanna read more!) Anim (the video will be…unusual, but lots of fun! ^_^) Kura Xander(that little dance is sooo kawaii, I wanna join!) xXxCeRuLeAn-x'SxXx(yeah, it's video time now, it shall be fun!) Lunar Heart (wow, glad my fic was able to catch your attention, and glad you like all my pairings) Nyaru(amusing things are fun *grin*) TigerRain(hmm, rei and lee fighting? Interesting idea, I think I'll use it, thanks!) RABEL-blah-blah-blah(yup love at first sight, I'm a total romantic!) Bluumberry(hey, just somebody! Dude, glad you like my fic, awesome!) Mizu-Tenshi(kai's vid shall be fun…you'll see, and as for reactions…*grins*) phoenix1800, Tidah, Sarcasmcat, somilia, jenfia et kynia(hey, are you french? Cause of the 'et', I did French in school…badly but still…well, you'll see what happens…) devilburns, a dragons crystal, YAMI DEMON-PH33R M3

To: neko-jin, Angel of Pure Darkness, crimson soul: yeah, kai's reaction to rei was amusing, and as for rei's reaction to kai…well…you'll just have to see… *grins* (hint: I'm an incurable romantic!)

Sleepy Sheep Guardian: dude your name totally kicks ass! Yeah, I was gonna put Max in America, but I didn't want him and Tyson to be together already and then some other stuff just worked better with him in China, so I threw him over there, it makes for fun writing!

Captin Drew: yeah, right now I'm working on plot and development, when I get more into the story I'll be putting more into emotions and details and whatnot, thanks for pointing all that out to me! Hey, like the gangster thing, here have my imaginary, non-health damaging cigar with fake smoke and all!

And finally to: spoink, R.I.P : thanks for the death threats and whatnot, they really inspired me to get up and write. Hope you like this chapter, I'll try to update quicker and we can skip all that torture, okay?

So thank you all, sorry if I missed anyone. Again I'm soooo sorry for the lack of updation, really I am. And now, onto the chapter!

Chapter Two: Making the Video

"I'll go e-mail Kevin," Kai announced, as the video was rewinding, and everyone had started to drift outside for a game of baseball.

"Oh, and I'll go get the video camera!" Tyson cried, jumping up and sprinting out of the room.

Kai sighed and shook his head, as he took a seat at the computer, opened up his e-mail and began to type.

Hey there Kevin, I just got your video today, and my friends and I are just after watching it. Thanks for sending it, it was great, I loved seeing your house and friends and family, and wow, all your trophies look great! And oh yeah, some of my friends enjoyed seeing your friends too… *wicked smirk* My friend Kenny wants to say a big hello to you, Tyson would like to say hi to Max, Michael was very taken by Lee's ability with a sword, and Tala would like to give a special hello to Bryan. At the moment, Tyson is rummaging around for a video camera, Kenny's somewhere, probably in the kitchen with Dizzy-his laptop, and the rest are out the back playing baseball. We'll be making the video soon, and then we'll be sending it off to you, I hope you enjoy it. Gotta go, I can hear Tyson thundering back into the room. Talk to ya later, bye!

Kai.

Kai quickly clicked send, just as Tyson came running back into the room, video camera in hand.

"Hey, did you get the e-mail done?" Tyson asked, coming up beside him, "What did you say?"

Kai let Tyson read the e-mail, smirking as his eyes widened and jaw dropped.

"What the hell?! You can't say that, delete, delete!" he cried in a panicked tone, stabbing at the keyboard hurriedly.

"It's too late, I already sent it," Kai laughed, then jumped up, dodging Tyson's attempt to grab him in order to strangle him.

"Kai, I'm gonna kill you!" he huffed, chasing after the blue-haired teen, who simply laughed and said, "That still won't get rid of the message! And besides, how am I supposed to do the video if I'm dead?"

Tyson stopped, panting slightly as he glared at Kai, then mumbled, "Fine, I'll leave you… for now. But hey!" he said, brightening up, "We can make the tape now, and you can tell Kevi-poo how much you looooovvvveeee him, which you neglected to mention in your delightful little message."

It was Kai's turn to glare as he leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms as he said threateningly, "I thought I told you to drop that."

"Yeah, well one good turn deserves another," Tyson grinned cheekily, as he pulled off the lens cover and turned the camera on, focusing it on Kai, who had his head bowed down, shielding his face; his eyes closed.

"And…ACTION!" Tyson announced, as he pressed record.

He waited there, focusing on Kai who remained still, before he said, "Eh, Kai? The video camera's recording dontcha know?"

Rei gasped silently to himself as the teen on the screen (heehee, rhymes! ^_^) raised his head to glare at whoever was holding the camera and replied, "Yes Tyson, I'm perfectly aware that the camera's running, I'm not as stupid as you look."

Kevin giggled at this, and although Rei gave a wry smile, all he could think about was how beautiful Kai was, with his two-toned spiked hair, his muscled torso clad only in a black muscle shirt, the triangles on his face and then his crimson eyes, which cried out with a cold defiance, yet hid the sparks of warmth and happiness deep within.

"Well, are you gonna start talking or what?" Tyson demanded, then added in a more sarcastic tone, "Or will this turn out to be some sort of weird silent movie, cause you'll need background music for that."

This time Max was the one to giggle softly, which Bryan rolled his eyes muttering, "It's only cause he said hi to you in the e-mail…"

Max shot him a dirty look, then smirked and whispered, "If I remember correctly, a certain someone got pretty giggly over a 'special hello,' from Tala…"

Bryan blushed slightly, then huffed and turned back to the screen, as Kai was saying, "Very funny Tyson, god you're so hilarious. Of course I'm going to talk, just give me a minute."

Kai cleared his throat, and his glaring eyes flickered to the screen, melting into friendliness as he smiled, causing Rei's stomach to do a little flip-flop.

"Hey there Kevin, it's me Kai. At the moment, we've all just watched the video you sent us, it was very cool."

"That's it? That's what took you so long to say?" Tyson said in disbelief.

"Tyson…" Kai growled, and Rei found himself shivering slightly at the sensual sound.

"Cold?" Lee murmured, smiling innocently, yet his tone screamed 'teasing smirk.'

"No, I'm fine thanks," Rei murmured in reply, blushing slightly, and then refocused on the screen, where Kai had finished glaring and threatening Tyson.

"Sorry about that, it seems my dear cousin doesn't know the meaning of the word patience," Kai apologised, "But as I was saying, we've all just watched the video, so I'll be taking you on a tour of the house, and we'll probably meet the guys along the way. So I'll take that," he said, snatching the camera off Tyson, so that all the teens could see were two sets of runners, "And Tyson will go off somewhere else," he finished firmly.

"Huh?" Tyson said, "Oh fine then, I'll go bug Kenny. Later," and with that, one of the sets of runners walked off, disappearing around a corner.

"Right then," Kai said, as he hefted the camera up onto one hand, "Let's start off with this room, the sitting room."

He swung the camera around to show a cream-coloured room, brightly lit up by the sunlight which flooded in.

"Okay, so this is the sitting room, where we just watched the video, it's actually rewinding right now," Kai announced, zooming in on the video recorder whirring away.

"And here's the computer, where I surf the net and have just sent the e-mail to you, which you have no doubt read already," Kai said, then turned and started walking down the hall, saying, "And now I'll move on and show you the bedrooms, Tyson's and then mine."

Kai walked down the hall, before turning and entering a blue bedroom, which contained a bed tucked into the corner, a wardrobe and a large desk. Shelves ran along one wall filled with books, comics, dvds and video games, while on a small beside desk stood a cd player piled with various cds, and on the desk stood a glass cage.

"This is Tyson's room," Kai announced, "He's a bit of a sci-fi nut, which is the cause for all the books, comics and dvds, and then he's got a pretty big punk and garage collection of cds too, some really good stuff. And here," Kai continued, walking up to the desk, "Is Dragoon, Tyson's iguana."

The group of teens watched as Kai zoomed in on a large green/blue iguana perched lazily on a fake tree branch in the cage.

"Oh wow, that's so cool, he's got a lizard too, and I love sci-fi!" Max smiled enthusiastically.

"You don't say, gosh, you two must be soulmates or something to have that much in common," Bryan commented dryly, smirking.

A stuck out tongue was the oh-so-witty retort from Max, who turned back to watch Kai exit Tyson's room and then head into another one, with red/orange walls, the colour of a lazy sunset, while the window sill and sideboards were painted black, and black symbols ran around the wall. A bed lay against one wall, at the end of which stood a chest of drawers, with a stereo and cds on top. A black wardrobe stood against the opposite wall, along with a desk, over which were posters from various movies, and a collage of photographs, depicting different people. A bunch of trophies stood proudly on a shelf which ran over the side of the bed, along with stacks of books and dvds. Odd little knickknacks littered various sections of the wall shelves and desk, and in a corner of the room, near the window, hung a large cage.

"This is my room," Kai said proudly, walking in, "You can see my trophies from the different competitions I've won, and my books, mostly fantasy or horror, same with the dvds, though I've some comedy too, and oh, here is my pride and joy," he suddenly announced, walking up to the cage, where the teens could see a large red bird, which stood on a bar, preening its feathers gracefully.

"His name is Dranzer," Kai continued lovingly, "He's a cross between a goldfinch and a parrot, and he's lovely, really friendly once you get to know him."

"Wow, Kai's room is so cool," Rei whispered in an awestruck tone, "And Dranzer is absolutely gorgeous."

"Huh yeah, I bet Drigger'd eat him for breakfast," Lee sniggered, along with Kevin.

"Just because you're jealous…" Rei retorted.

"Jealous of what?" Lee asked, confused.

"…I don't know of what, but you just are," Rei replied childishly, trying, but failing, to gather his dignity, "Now hush," he frowned at the sniggering teens, as he turned back to watch as Kai walked down the hall and into the kitchen, where two boys were laughing and joking over a laptop.

"And here's Tyson, my cousin, and Kenny," Kai announced, walking up to the two boys, "Guys, say hi to Kevin and his friends."

"Eh, h-hi there Kevin," Kenny stammered slightly, blushing, "I'm Kenny, it's nice to um…talk to you," he finished lamely, yet Kevin could only gasp as he took in the other teen's appearance.

"Wow," was all he could softly whisper in a dazed tone.

"Kevii…oh Keeeevvviiiii," Mariah cooed, prodding him with her foot.

When she failed to grab the attention of the smaller teen, she shrugged and settled back on the couch.

"Looks like love at first sight," she murmured to Emily, who giggled, "More like from the very first glance," as she snuggled into her comfortable embrace to watch the tv, where Tyson had now appeared on screen.

Max could only gape, his stomach doing a couple of crappy flips as Tyson grinned cheekily at the camera.

"Hey there peeps, I'm glad I got to talk to you all, because I read the e-mail, and there's something very important missing from it: Kai forgot to say how much he lurves his dear Kevi-pooh," he said in an overly-sweet tone, making a kissy face at the camera.

Emily and Mariah burst out laughing, Kenny and Max were totally engrossed in staring at their new-found crushes, Rei let out a little gasp and shivered as Kai growled, and the video camera shook slightly as Kai growled out, "Tyson…I thought I told you to drop that…"

"Sorry Kai, I couldn't help it," Tyson giggled, then shrugged and said, "Okay okay, I was only messing about that, cause it's actually Kenny here who likes dear Kevin," he grinned, throwing an arm over the other teen's shoulder, who mumbled some incoherent reply, blushing crimson.

"Yes, and Kai actually has a thing for that long-haired teen, now who was it? Oh yeah - it's Rei!" Tyson cried out with a laugh.

"That's it!" Kai yelled, throwing the camera up in the air as he chased after Tyson, who let out a girlish scream as he ran around the table away from a fuming Kai.

Kenny deftly caught the camera and looked into the lens as he said, "Sorry about this guys," in an apologetic tone. He turned the camera around and then zoomed in on Kai, who had managed to flip Tyson to the floor and was now on top of him, tickling him mercilessly.

"K-K-Kaaaaiiii, st-st-st-stooooooop!" Tyson gasped, his body racked with laughter as he squirmed helplessly.

"This happens everyday," Kenny sighed, "You get used to it after a while. HEY GUYS!" he suddenly yelled, causing the teens watching to jump slightly at the unexpected yell, "Come on, video - remember?"

"Oh yeah," Kai grinned bashfully, as he suddenly stopped, then stood and dusted himself off.

"No more of that Tyson," he warned as he glared at the other teen who had just stood up beside him.

"Sheesh Kai, just cause I was telling the truth about your little crush!" Tyson yelled with a smirk, then quickly zipped out of the back door before Kai could do anything to stop him.

Kai sighed and shook his head, then walked towards the camera, saying, "Yes, as you have just seen, Tyson and I share…an…exciting relationship to say the least, definitely very love/hate. Also sorry about his outburst back there, he has the habit of shouting things at the most inappropriate of times. Anyway, Kenny - the camera?" he asked, reaching out towards the camera.

"Oh sure, here," Kenny replied, handing the camera over to Kai, and Rei sighed softly as the crimson-eyed teen disappeared from view.

"The rest of the guys are out back playing baseball," Kenny continued, as he made his way out the backdoor, Kai following, the camera in front of him.

The group of teens watched as Kenny lead the way around the house, to where a large field stretched out - the sound of shouting and laughter drifted down to the camera. As the camera moved forward, they could see a group of five teens were playing a game with a bat and a ball.

"This is baseball," Kai announced, as he approached the group of teens, "The basic idea of it is that the pitcher has to throw the ball to the batter, and the batter then has to hit the ball and then run around the bases, which are the four marks on the ground (1). Michael here," Kai continued, zooming in on a brown-haired teen in the centre of the field, "Is our pitcher, seeing as he's the pitcher for the school team."

Kai settled down and zoomed in on the game as Michael raised his knee, and then, in one fluid motion, brought his body down and threw his arm out, flinging the ball towards a red-haired teen, who swung and missed. The ball was quickly caught by Tyson, who was crouched behind the red-haired teen, who cursed, and then called out, "Dammit Michael, I thought you said you'd go easy on me!"

"That was me going easy!" Michael called back, smirking, "I could do sooo much better!"

"Such power…" Lee gasped softly, eyes wide as he took in Michael's features - his spikey brown hair, sharp blue eyes, lazy grin, and lean, but definitely muscled body, clad in a t-shirt and baggy shorts, "He would make a formidable opponent."

"Now, in what way do you mean that?" Emily asked, wiggling her eyebrows, a wicked smirk on her lips.

"I meant purely to do with fighting," Lee answered in a nonchalant tone.

"Really?" Mariah asked in a surprised tone, then grinned and added, "Cause from the you're blushing right now, I'd say you were thinking of something else."

The two girls giggled and Lee growled, as he turned back to watch the video, in which, Kai was now walking to the group of teens, calling out, "Hey guys, it's video time! Come on and say hi."

Two teens on the outer edge of the field turned and walked up, smiling and waving, followed by the other teens close behind.

"Alright, first we have our resident couple, Stephen," Kai said, as a short, stocky teen with mossy-green hair, who nodded in acknowledgement, "And Eddie."

This time it was a tall tanned teen with black hair, who winked and gave a quick thumbs up to the camera, before slinging his arm around Stephen's shoulder, sighing as he said, "Ah, what can we say; we are the best people in the group, so it's natural that we make the only couple of the group, you know, with all the brains, the beauty-"

"And don't forget the modesty," Kai commented in a dry tone.

Stephen chuckled and said, "Ignore Eddie here, it seems it's time for his regular ego-deflating."

"No fair, its that the way to treat your boyfriend," Eddie asked in a wounded tone.

"It's only cause I love ya darlin'," Stephen declared in a drawling tone.

"Oh I'm sure," Eddie murmured, rolling his eyes, while grinning at the same time.

"Well anyway, enough with the bickering ladies," Kai quickly said, earning two glares being thrown in his direction.

Said glares, however, were quickly redirected to a red-haired teen, who had just jumped in between them with a call of, "Hey! No need to hog the camera drama queen!"

"Look who's talking," Eddie smirked, rolling his eyes.

"Are you implying something?" the red-haired teen asked, with a suspicious glance from the corner of his eye.

"Oh no," Stephen replied, with a shake of his head, then smirked and added, "After all, why should we imply something that's common knowledge?"

All the teens watching chuckled and laughed at the easy-flowing banter between all the teens, while Bryan fought to keep his normal cool, composed expression on, failing miserably as he stared at the red-haired teen.

"Someone's turning mushy…" Max quietly commented in a sing-song voice.

"I'm not turning mushy," Bryan hissed in reply, "I'm merely admiring that guys physical features."

"Sure," Max shot back in a sarcastic tone, "Sorry, but there's admiring and then there's outright mushy drooling, which is what you're trying so hard not to do."

"Well at least I'm not as bad as you were when you saw Tyson."

"And at least I'm not afraid to admit it," Max replied in a challenging tone.

Bryan fought to gain control of his expression, before it totally slipped, and he grinned goofily, as he whispered, "Okay, so yeah, I admit that guys hot, happy?"

"Naturally," Max smirked, "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Guys come on!" Kai yelled at the bantering teens, "camera still rolling here, remember?"

"Oh yeah," the red-haired teen grinned, "And I have yet to introduce myself, how rude."

He made a quick bow, as he announced in a grandioso tone, "Goodmorrow ye gentlemen over in China, how dost it go? I am Tala-"

"The real drama queen," Stephen interrupted him with a smirk.

Tala stuck out his tongue at the couple beside him, then laughed and shrugged as he said, "I suppose I can't deny what's true. Anyhoo, like I said, I'm Tala, what's up? How goes the martial arts and whatnot?"

"Shouldn't you be asking how Bryan is?" Kai interjected in a teasing tone.

Tala blushed, but still shot back in an equally teasing tone, "Well shouldn't you be asking how Rei is?"

"Oooo, Rei's blushing!" Mariah sang out, and all the teens laughed as Rei ducked down, face reddening all the more.

"I wouldn't try that Tala, Tyson already suffered when he did," Kenny warned the red-haired teen.

"When I did what?" Tyson asked, walking up to the group.

"Teased Kai about liking Rei," Tala replied, with a grin.

"Yeah, like you like Max," Kenny smirked.

"Well…you like Kevin," Tyson exclaimed in a flustered tone, "And you like Bryan," he said, pointing at Tala, who immediately blushed again, "And you," he announced, pointing at Michael, who had just walked up, "like Lee!"

"What the hell, no fair! I just walked up here, I'm not a part of this argument!" Michael cried in protest, raising his hands up in a peaceful gesture.

"Hah!" Tyson cried out triumphantly, "You didn't deny the liking Lee thing, I knew it!"

"You didn't deny the liking Max thing you dolt!" Kenny shouted, whacking Tyson upside the head.

Mariah and Emily laughed their heads off at everyone else in the room, who were either blushing or ginning goofily.

"Guys, quit it!" Kai roared in an annoyed tone, "the camera's still running; now say hi to Kevin and everyone else."

"Hey guys," the group of teens chorused, waving at the camera.

"Kevin, everyone - meet my crazy friends," Kai announced.

"Now see, that wasn't too bad, was it?" Kai asked the other teens in a condescending tone.

"Shut it Kai," Tala said in a sullen tone, "No need to be so patronizing."

"Sometime, I feel I really do need to be."

"Yeah yeah, anyway it's your turn to bat; you're the only one who can actually get a good whack at Michael's pitches, give me the camera."

Tala gleefully took the camera off Kai, pulled a quick face at the lense, then laughed and turned it around, zooming in on Kai, who was taking his place across from Michael.

"Ha, Tala's as crazy as you," Max giggled to Bryan, who gushed, "I know, isn't it brilliant!"

Kai held the bat up, as Michael wound up and threw the ball. Kai let out a small grunt as he whacked the ball up, up and up. Tala zoomed in on the rapidly rising ball, before moving back to watch Kai, who was sprinting around the bases to make a home run.

"Okay everyone, say bye!" Tala called.

"Bye!" everyone shouted, and Tala zoomed in on each individual face, leaving a smiling and laughing Kai for last, before fading out.

The group of teens let out small sighs as the screen went blank, and they started to move around, stretching their cramped legs.

"So…what's next?" Lee asked, looking around the room.

"Well, I need to send Kai and e-mail and tell him we got the video and whatnot," Kevin said.

"And we should make another video, maybe showing him our martial arts," Rei suggested.

"And I get to kick your ass," Lee cackled at Kevin, who replied, "Hey! It's just cause you wanna show off for Michael!"

"And what about us, we wanna be in the video!" Max cried out on behalf of him and Bryan, who nodded vigorously.

"Aww, you guys are so cute!" Emily exclaimed, while Mariah added, "Yeah, you all found someone you really like, it's so adorable! Our little friends are growing up," she sniffed, wiping a fake tear away.

"I'm older than you!" Bryan, Rei and Lee cried out simultaneously.

"Ya get what she means," Emily scoffed, "And it is so cute. Well," she finished, as she stood and stretched, helping Mariah up, "We're off to the cinema, later boys," she called, as she and Mariah exited the room.

"And I'm going to send that e-mail," Keving said as he too left the room.

"Anyone wanna go meandering up the hill out back?" Bryan asked.

Max nodded and Lee said, "Sure. You up for it Rei?"

"Oh yeah, I just have to do something first. Go on, I'll catch up."

The others nodded and went to go out the back, while Rei walked down to his room, where he found Kevin busy typing away.

"Hey Kev," Rei greeted warmly, leaning on the back of the green-haired teen's chair.

"Hey Rei," Kevin replied, then grinned and asked, "so you really have a thing for Kai, do you?"

"I guess so," Rei answered, blushing faintly, "Listen, would you do me a favour?"

"Sure, what is it?" Kevin asked, as he clicked SEND.

"Well, you see…."

So, that's it? Oh gosh, whatever is it that Rei wants Kevin to do for him? Not much of a cliffhanger, but it's something. Well, again I'm really sorry for taking so long to update, pleeze review, I promise I won't take so long (and I've got no excuse, so you can all flame me if I do!) pleeze let me know what you think, farethee well! ^_^