Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden is the Past ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"What the hell, who are you" Kai growled angrily he knew all to well this person could be under the control of his bail granted grandfather.

"I see you dont remember me pheanix but then again it has been what seven years after all" A soft voice chuckled from under the hood.

(btw this is ruth speaking)


Kai looked uncertainly at the person who was addressing him what did she mean by it being seven years if she was trying to confuse him it was working. He spoke directly to her face with a hint of caution in his voice, "what do you mean its been seven years and why are you calling me pheanix only those who i trust call me that."


The girl slowly lowered her hood her gold eyes gleaming, she moved closer to kai never breaking her eye contact she thought silently to herself.


He dosen't remember i knew he wouldn't he hasnt changed a day since we said farewell. "Kai you dont remember me do you, and i was back then some one you could trust. Try and remember, think back to your last day at the abbey before you moved to Russia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(Begin flashback)

"Wait up Kai..... dont.....think.....you.....can.....leave......without...... saying....... goodbye do you?" A small dark blue girl ran forward through the snow clutching her golden beyblade. A dark haired boy turned towards the voice his crimson eyes locking with her gold ones.



"How did i guess you'd catch up before i left Ruth i've only got a few more minutes untill i leave for Japan are you trying to get me in trouble with my grandfather."


"I wasnt going to let you waltz on out of here without doing something for me first" Kai cocked his eyebrow.


" do i have any choise"


"no, I want you to promise me something Kai."

"go on, what is it?" he sighed he was going to miss this girl since she first came to the abbey he'd been something like a big brother to her since she had no real family of her own. "When you next come to Russia i want you to get me out of the abbey and away from Boris and his stupid tecknology right, and if you dont keep your promise you know ill find you and get Legendraia on to you all right" she said raising an eyebrow at him.


If he didnt come she knew she wouldn't be able to carry out her threat he was her only friend at the abbey one who had helped her through the difficult times in her life. An icy voice sounded through the entrance hall ."Grandson hurry up at once you are going to be punished if you hold me up any more"Voltaire. "Goodbye then Ruth and you'll have to hold me to that promise."

(End flashback)


"Ice" Kai whispered.


"You remember now dont you Kai but are you going to keep your word on our promise. You dont know how much i've missed you since you left Kai. I always knew you would come back though, even though you didn't come to get me out of her the first time you returned.


I tried to get Boris to let me visit you i really did but each time i tried he came back with the same answer.No."


There was so much pain in her voice that he couldn't help but to feel pity for her. He had forgotten, but now he was back he now knew he had to finish his promise and help her. He knew what that abbey was like he had lived there while he was child.


(Kai's POV)

I remember now we used to be such good friends back then even though she seemed weak. Now though now look at her i never relised until now that she was a loyal friend,she thought about me like her big brother.


I wonder what they've done to her since then though, if i know Boris they will of treated her cruelly like he did to everyone else. How do i know i can still trust her. She might be part of one of his twisted schemes to make me rejoin boivolt again this is so confusing.

(End Kai's POV)

(Ruth's POV)

I can see it in his eyes he dosen't trust me this is my last chance to tast freedom if he dosen't help me now i'm lost. He's the only person who can get me out of Balcov abbey. I dont want to be used as a pawn by Boris any more, each time i am it cuts into my soul because i know what i'm doing is wrong but i have to or else ill be punished. I hope he helps me its my only hope.

(End Ruth's POV)

"Ice"

"Yes pheanix?" His eyes are still red and have fires burning in them Ruth thought silently.

"How do i know i can still trust you" Kai gave her a sweeping glance,no matter what he tried he couldn't imagine this girl to be a tool of Boris's designed for hurting him. From around her neck Kai heard a small click and a beautiful gold locket was dropped into his hand.


"You gave this to me on my ninth birthday and you said it was a sybol of our friendship. That no matter what our friendship will always be strong and true. Open it."


Carefully he opened it on the inside were four pictures: one of himself, one of Dranser,one of her and one of her bit beast Legendraia, a gold tiger with eyes like fire.


(Ray's POV)

I wonder where Kai's got to perhaps i'd better go and have a look for him it is starting to get dark and i dont want a repeat of the last trip here.


(Where Kai and Ice are)


There he is........Who is that sitting nxt to him, it looks like he knows her, i wonder who she is and who she works for..... What am i doing. Here i am thinking about assasins in the form of a gentle looking girl coming to take kai to his grandfather. If Kai caught me now he'd have me doing double training for the rest of life. Perhaps i'd better leave before he catches me.

(End Ray's POV)

(half an hour later)

"I guess i can trust you ice, im sorry about forgetting the promise i made to you, but i will help you get out of there trust me" Kai said feeling a sudden pull towards her not knowing why.

"Dont worry pheanix i know its been a long time i missed you" Ice said now feeling the same urge as kai. It happoned in an instant their lips both came together.