Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Humans and Beasts ❯ Chapter 1: The Phoenix of Solitude ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello people I am finally back and writing again, I would have this typed sooner but just got back from vacation yesterday, which might I add HAD NO INTERNET! But I am back so let’s get started.

First of all, thank you to EVERYONE who sent in a character, I would have loved to use all of them, they are ALL wonderful, BUT I could only choose one! And the WINNER IS...HIROMI TENSHI (all thanks to ruth 4 kai) Thank you and I promise to take good care of Hiromi, and if everything goes according to plan she should arrive in chapter 2 or 3, I think. To everyone else keeping reading it should get more exciting!

Humans and Beasts

Chapter 1: The Phoenix of Solitude

Many years went by since the Great Angel flew over the land and sea, summoning her spell. Everyone lived in peace, at last, for no one ever did a second glance at someone’s eyes. However, not everyone was happy. Far from any village, isolated in the Fiery Mountains, where volcanoes erupted at will, there in a cave at the tallest peak lived the Dranzer, the Great Phoenix of Fire. There the creature lived in solitude, cutting himself off with the humans, but only coming down from his mountain range, for drink and food. He hated the Great Angel and what she did, trapping his spirit inside this human body. For years he went on rage of anger, thus making himself known to the humans, thus making all humans realize beasts were still alive and that HE wanted revenge.

Kai also hated. He hated the Phoenix for tearing him away from humanity, and taking him away from his family from when the creature was first reborn in him, and making his heart so cold to people.

((Flashback))

A little boy ran to his mother’s side as she walked through their family’s garden, as the rows and rows of trees started blooming with beautiful white flowers, his mother looked at her young son with her sparkling blue eyes, laughing as he played with her long grayish blue hair. She reached up from a low branch and plucked off a white flower and tucked into his hair, hiding among his thick blue locks. The boy giggled innocently.

Suddenly, the woman looked up to the sky, as a bright light filled the blue sky, blinding all in its wake. This frightened the woman and taking her son by his small hand, they started to run back to the castle that was once behind them. However, they were not fast enough, as a bright red flame, came swooping down from the light and encased the small boy in its fiery heat. The woman screamed, fearing for her son’s life, but as she tried to get close to pull him away, fire erupted from his small body, and he began to transform into a majestic phoenix.

The woman was pushed back from the force the bird gave, and with one mighty flap of its red flaming wings the trees caught fire, and spread rapidly through the garden. The woman could do nothing but cry as the raging fire consumed her body. She watched, until her last breath, the phoenix fly off, with her only son in its heart.

((End of Flashback))

Kai could barely remember his mother anymore, that was now the only memory and it seemed to be getting farther away everyday, as if it was only dream.

Even though, Kai at times feared the phoenix, he had also come to respect Dranzer, and vice versa over time. After a lot of time and patience, Dranzer allowed Kai every now and then to take control of his body and travel into the villages, scattered through the land. And that was where he was today.

The blue-haired boy traveled aimlessly through the crowded marketplace. He didn’t attract too much attention, for his hair was rather wild, darting in all directions. His clothes were not well tailored as well, with a tan- colored tunic that came down to his knees, and one strap came up and over one shoulder, half revealing his strong muscled chest, and a very dark red sash tied to his thin waist.

As he walked along the dirt road, occasionally snatch a couple fruits when no one looking and into his deerskin bag that hung off his bare shoulder, as if anyone would notice him anyway. Kai hated this. He didn’t want to steal, he had no money so this was his way of life, and he did not want to resort to begging.

Just then, as Kai began reached for a juicy apple from nearby fruit stand, a sudden shrill cry broke through the crowds. This made everyone turn head, thus making the fruit seller look over at Kai, only to see two apples being grabbed and the blue-haired boy running off disappearing in the crowd.

“Thief! Thief!” he cried, as group of men began chasing after Kai.

Thinking about letting Dranzer take over, Kai shook it off quickly and continued to run. He did not want to put anyone endangered. No one should suffer as much as he has suffered.

Taking a quick glance over his shoulder, he saw the men were still in hot pursuit, however, that glance was a mistake, as he never saw the boy running in the opposite direction, until...Oof! The two slammed into each other, making them both fall backward to the ground. Kai sat up rubbing his temple, and spotted the boy he ran into also on the ground, rubbing his sore butt. The boy had very dark blue hair tied back in a loose messy ponytail, and his clothes were the same as Kai’s only the tunic was a darker brown, as if the boy had been playing in the rain and fell in a mud puddle. It was then the boy opened his eyes to reveal orbs as dark as his hair. His eyes had a certain glimmer to them. Kai widened his eyes and did a double take as he noticed the seal of the beast Dragoon, the Blue Dragon, shining deep within the clumsy boy’s eyes.

Suddenly, he was pulled by reality from his discovery, Kai turned as the group closing in around both boys, apparently this boy was the cause of the scream earlier. By now, they were both standing, backs to each other. Kai was now extremely angry, one, at the idiot boy who screwed up his plan of escape, and two, at the crowd, he hated being cornered or treated like an animal. Seeing no way out, Kai called upon his last resort. If they were going to corner him like an animal, they would get animal.

Spreading his arms out wide like wings, he summoned Dranzer to get him out of this mess. He felt himself begin to change in form, and his own mind lost control, while another took over. Heat and fire erupted from his body and from the red flames came a shrill cry and a large fiery red majestic bird rose up from the burning fire. Ember rained from his bright red wings all across the ground at the people’s feet, making them run in fear and scattered back to the safety of their homes. The other boy, still stunned at what he saw, watched in awe at the famous phoenix landing gracefully in front of him, reverting back to the boy with the cold glare. The boy watched speechless at the figure’s retreating back, but just then as quickly as he ran his endless curiosity peaked, and ran after the boy.

“Hey! Wait up! Can I just say that that was really something back there. I mean you can control your beast spirit so easily, and those humans were all AUUGH and I was like woah, I mean wow that was really something...”

The boy continued talking waving his arms about as he talked. Kai just kept walking hoping the boy would take the hint and leave! He was VERY annoying. ‘Why I rescue this guy?’ Kai asked himself under his breath. Not being able to take it anymore, Kai stop and turned to face the younger boy, fire glazed over his mahogany eyes.

“Are you always this talkative, or are you just stupid and blind, not being able to see that I don’t care, now LEAVE ME ALONE!”

But the boy just stared back, curiously, then smiled back. “Ah, I know you don’t mean that, after all we have the same thing in common. We have beast spirits connected to us!”

‘Ok, this kid was not as stupid as he looked. He could see the Dranzer’s seal Kai’s eyes.’ Kai thought inwardly, still glaring at the boy.

“My name’s Tyson, holder of Dragoon’s seal!” the boy said, proudly. Then the one named Tyson gestured his hand toward the other boy, indicating to say his name. Kai took the hint and saw no harm in him, this was just an ordinary stupid human boy, who just happened to come across a beast’s spirit.

“Kai.” He said tonelessly.

Tyson crossed arms, “Boy, aren’t you moody, come on cheer up it’s not everyday we’re chosen to wield the beast’s spirits!”

Kai glared at him again, “Why do you think it’s so cool, to be controlled by a beast?”

“Why?? Why shouldn’t be cool, and fun! I mean you can transform anytime you want, and best thing is that we have a friend at all times, we’re never alone!” Tyson noted excitedly, jumping around, climbing up a tree like a lizard or dragon and jumping from the branch with ease, next to Kai as they traveled through the dense forest.

“Hn.” Kai grunted disapprovingly.

Tyson continued to follow the silent Kai, and eventually getting bored he started to whistle, but soon stopped after receiving another glare from those dark mahogany eyes.

As they reached the edge of the forest Tyson stopped and grabbed Kai’s arm. “We’re not going, gulp, upward there, are we?” Tyson stuttered, pointing to the volcano mountain ranges before them. Kai, not looking at the boy, nodded silently. And they continued their way. As they entered through the base of the mountain, into a small valley. The two boys stopped stunned at what they saw.

TBC

Ok, that’s seems to be a good place stop, if this is cliffhanger, it is a really evil one, but only because I’m evil. So the faster you review the faster I type maybe. I am slow typer.

Ruth 2 kai: again thank you for Hiromi and if there is anything more you want to add about her history, changing her clothes, just e-mail or review. Again thanks!

Bye for now!

White Spirit Angel