Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Humans and Beasts ❯ Chapter 2: Exile ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author Note: I am very sorry for not updating sooner. I just have not had the time to type, or write because of school, and we just finished our school performance so that going to lengthen my spare time also homework is getting hectic since it’s close to the end of the year, (yea!!! Summer!) So here it is finally Chapter 2.

Humans and Beasts

Chapter 2: Exile

Kai and Tyson stood stunned in the opening at the base of the Fiery Mountains. They watched the scene play out before them.

There surrounded by the high cloud hidden peaks, which were covered from base to peak in black ash and dried ebony molten rock, numerous little small tents were sent in wide valley space. It was dark but the many campfires and torches lit up the dark bottom very brightly. Kids, no older than Kai, ran around, carelessly laughing and playing innocently, either soccer or kickball, or other childlike games. Others dove in and out of the fast current of Crystal River, almost as if they were fish. Crystal River is one of the purest rivers in the world for when you look upon its blue surface, you not only see yourself clearly but when the sun shines on it, it looks like there are gems at the bottom, for this reason men have often drowned in it. The river ran through the burning mountain range, thus the cool fresh water keeps the mountain peaks from overheating and covering the land with molten lava.

Tyson blinked, coming out of his dazed look, well partly out. Broadly smiling, he leaped up and ran from his spot at Kai’s side and ran over to a group of children playing soccer, not caring at all where they were. Just then, the ball got away from them as a young blonde boy who stood in the goal blocked it.

“I’ve got it!” shouted out the blonde, chasing after it.

As the blonde almost caught up to the run away ball, he stopped as another boy stopped it with one foot.

“Hey there, the name’s Tyson!” The boy exclaimed, picking up the ball and tossing it to the other.

The blonde smiled back, and with an extreme sugar high content, he burst out excitedly.

“Hi! Thanks, my name’s Max! Do you want to play with us?”

“Sure!” Tyson cried out.

The two boys soon joined the group of children the boy named Max was playing with earlier. The three came over to the blue haired boy and studied him closely.

“So, who are you guys?” Tyson asked curiously.

“I am Michael.” announced a reddish-brown haired boy, who looked tall for his age. He began to introduce the other two acting as if he was the leader of the group. “This is Steve.” Michael said pointing to an extremely well-muscled young man, with dark brown hair and matching eyes. “And this is...” However, Michael stopped at someone behind him, clearing their throat.

“I can say my own name thank you very much.” They all turned to see a short red-haired girl, looking slightly irritated. “I am Emily, pleased to meet you.”

Tyson was about to say something more when a deep voice boomed through the valley making everyone freeze to the spot.

“What are all of you doing in my home!?!?”

Everyone looked up to see a blue haired boy standing where Tyson just came from. His crimson eyes glowed blood red with anger. Michael stepped forward. “What are you talking about?! This is our place now!”

“What?!” Kai snapped, as his glare only darkened even more at the outburst, “I am Kai, holder of Dranzer, and this is my home!! GET OUT!”

Just then, the one, Emily, stepped up to the blue haired fiery boy, and in an anger-ridden high pitched voice, so high her temper was now as hot as her hair.

“Who are you to tell us where to go when it was your fault for our exile in the first place?!”

“What?” Kai growled, snapping at her this time, but stopped when he heard another boy speak up quietly. Everyone turned to see Max.

“It is true Kai. It is said that when the phoenix was revived, he flew in rage over the land. He killed the royal family. Now, Prince Tala has sent an order through the land to capture and exile every last human with a beast’s spirit to the Fiery Mountains.”

By now, Kai’s anger had reached a new height, but remained an aloof exterior, careful not to go out of control, and have Dranzer take over again. He was also curious about what Max said. He didn’t remember ever killing anyone. Oh, well, he would just have to go and have a little chat with this prince. He looked up from his musing and spoke aloud yet calmly.

“Does anyone know where this Tala person is? I am going to see him, and get you ALL out of here and back to wherever you came.” Immediately all the kids clapped and cheered with endless excitement, some even transforming to their beasts, turtles, birds, cats, etc. A little irritated, Kai spoke louder his next question. “So, anyone know where he lives, anyone at all?” At this, everyone went silent again, and started to slink away slowly, pointing to the one next to them next to them. However, Tyson, looking around, zoomed his arm into the air, shouting aloud over the crowd.

“Pick me! Pick me! Oh, I know! I know! Pick me!” [1

Kai rolled his eyes and tried to ignore him by looking around for another, but realizing that Tyson-boy was the only one willing to go. So without looking at the dark blue haired kid, jumping around and pleading frantically, he exasperated.

“All right! Fine. Now, listen, all of you, when I get back I expect all of you to be out of here!”

Kai started to leave again with a still eccentric Tyson following behind. He could still hear the excitement of the kids celebrating. Kai walked faster. As the two were just beyond the black stone pass, little blonde Max jumped in front of them from a small cave that was embedded in the rock.

“I want to come with you.” Max pleaded, looking at the two boys with bright azure blue eyes, “Please.” [2

“Why?” Kai answered shortly, “Why do you want to come with us?”

“I have my reasons.” Max replied quietly, however, only making to the dirt ground.

Kai just glared at the boy and sighed. He was about to say something when Tyson cut him off.

“Of course you can come with us Maxie! Isn’t that right Kai?” Tyson looked at Kai in the most commanding voice he could muster up.

Kai just turned away, while grunting “Whatever.”, and he continued on the path through the woods.

Tyson with his arm wrapped around Max’s shoulders, he whispered softly in the blonde’s left ear.

“Don’t worry about him, he’s always like that, after all he does carry the Phoenix’s spirit.”

Max nodded, and the two hyperactive boys hurried and ran off in the direction of their stoic leader/obligated protector, disappearing into the deep green thick forest.

Hey I finally got this typed now onto chapter 3 and hopefully it won’t take as long now that I have a little more free time.

Author Note[1: In “Shrek” I loved this line Donkey said so much I had to use it. (Warning: there will be more lines like this! I have now warned you.)

[2: Tell me, who could resist a face like that? Kai: I could.

Well almost no one could resist?

Max: Hey! pout

Please review and I will hopefully have chapter three along with Hiromi (Ruth 4 kai) and Molly (GOLDEN-CAT-EYES) very soon so just hold on tight.

White Spirit Angel